AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-25, 10:07   Link #5341
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Thanks, but I'm at work right now drawing up some relay panels. Gonna have to wait until tonight, and it's 8am where I am.

Endless "Increasingly impatient" Soul
Old 2013-03-25, 10:13   Link #5342
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:28   Link #5343
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-25, 10:32   Link #5344
Gravitas Free Zone

Spoiler for It's easier to just put the entire post in a spoiler tag.:

I haven't had this much fun with an episode for a while. Though I do agree with the opinion that having the extra three month wait for these episodes helped drive up the anticipation to remarkable levels... and gotten me to do ridiculous things in World of Tanks in the meantime. If this had aired at the end of December, I would still have been in my early-stage fumbling-around period with WoT, instead of now, where I'm thinking "Hey, we did that with a _____ on _____."
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:34   Link #5345
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Maus .. nerfed in both World of Tanks and Girls und Panzer..

EDIT: Actually, let me partially retract that statement, having seen it in action .. it's more mobile than could ever be imagined in real life?
Spoiler for The Maus:
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:35   Link #5346
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That Tiger P has to be armoured with DU or something...
Old 2013-03-25, 10:37   Link #5347
arkhangelsk

To be fair, not every penetration results in a dead tank. Maybe the computer took survivability into account.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:41   Link #5348
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
To be fair, not every penetration results in a dead tank. Maybe the computer took survivability into account.
If you take the official twitter's account of how the Panzer IV survived that shot by the StuG III in episode 3 as canon, then it does, where apparently the shot was only a few millimeters off from destroying a vital part, but missed instead. Basically the equivalent of hitting the helmet but missing the head by a hair's width

Also, the Tiger (P) was angled towards the enemy, so it can further increase its effective armor against the tanks leveled against it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:47   Link #5349
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
True, but it's more of how the Panthers were literally wailing on it from pont blank like nothing. That thing got itself the most epic end of all the Ooarai units
Old 2013-03-25, 10:51   Link #5350
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
True, but it's more of how the Panthers were literally wailing on it from pont blank like nothing. That thing got itself the most epic end of all the Ooarai units
This reminds me of a conversation previously about how you determine which tank is your flag tank. If the Tiger 2 or the Maus were made the flag tank and were just guarded by a broad encirclement of Panthers ..

And then on the flip side, why wasn't the Tiger P made the flag tank?

Kudos to Miho for the duel, but .. why the hell are German tanks not sniping!? Maybe I should have expected this from the first few episodes but everyone is running and gunning in the most ridiculous ways..
Old 2013-03-25, 10:56   Link #5351
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
The flag tank is determined by the referees before the match starts. It makes it so that the team doesn't assign the flag to a tank thats obviously impervious to shots, like the Maus.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:58   Link #5352
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
This reminds me of a conversation previously about how you determine which tank is your flag tank. If the Tiger 2 or the Maus were made the flag tank and were just guarded by a broad encirclement of Panthers ..

Kudos to Miho for the duel, but .. why the hell are German tanks not sniping!? Maybe I should have expected this from the first few episodes but everyone is running and gunning in the most ridiculous ways..
The Nishizumi style require offence, not defence. So guarding the flag tank when you have numerical and power advantage is not accepted. Note that Maho's flag tank was leading the fight all the way. A Maus would not have caught up with the attacking team.

Tiger P has reliability issues. And with it being most armoured you want it to take the most hits. The flag tank is not meant to get hit, so using the P as flag would be a waste.

Finally, the BF team isn't snipping because they are in the city.
Spoiler for .:

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2013-03-25 at 11:08.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 10:59   Link #5353
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
It's been demonstrated to be slow and unreliable. Sure, the Auto Club can work its magic on it while on the move, but they'd want to avoid having to do that in the first place, especially for something critical like the flag tank.

Spoiler for This part I would spoiler. Actually, several of the previous posts should be spoilered.:
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 11:00   Link #5354
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
It's been demonstrated to be slow and unreliable. Sure, the Auto Club can work its magic on it while on the move, but they'd want to avoid having to do that in the first place, especially for something critical like the flag tank.

Spoiler for This part I would spoiler. Actually, several of the previous posts should be spoilered.:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-25, 11:03   Link #5355
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-03-25, 11:07   Link #5356
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Miho knows Maho has no choice. Maho HAS to attack, that is the only acceptable tactic to her family.

When you have more than twice the opponent's tanks, there is no excuse for playing defensively.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:09   Link #5357
arkhangelsk

Quote:
This isn't a spoiler so...

They got one chance to take sniping shots in Ep10. Erika got one tank.

They got a 2nd chance to take "sniping shots" as they climbed up the hill very slowly, with plenty of time for halts in Ep11, in case you forgotten. They scored about two hits on The Tiger P, both ineffective, as it raced down the hill.

These sad experiences must have made them give up the idea.

In fact, people have argued that the Maus could have been much more effective outside the darn city (for example, they could have placed it just outside the town and let it blast Oarai's tanks as they approached along the road - but then, maybe Maho is finally making plans that take into account her team's real shooting abilities.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:12   Link #5358
Sumeragi
Banned

What people are all forgetting: late-war German tanks were optimized to fight on open terrain like the Russian steppes, and thus a location like East Fuji Maneuver Area is not really the best place to bring out the full potential of this particular team.
Old 2013-03-25, 11:14   Link #5359
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Apparently KMM is being schooled in the "Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy"

This reminds me of the episode with Saunders, what is it with schools sending their flag tanks off alone somewhere? I'm somewhat excited by this result as it segues nicely into a Season 2 .. but the absolutely abysmal tactics shown in this series since the very first battle and every battle since kinda irks me. It's definitely a show about girls and tanks .. but not warfare or tactics! Everyone's tactics are bad! Everyone!
Old 2013-03-25, 11:16   Link #5360
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
^ Apparently KMM is being schooled in the "Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy"
It took an average of 11 shots to disable an enemy tank during WW2 due to misses. Need I say more?

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks