AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-07-17, 06:08   Link #981
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Dunno what alternate universe you live in where the majority of public Grande players are anything but leeches, but I'd like to live there too. That said, only 1 out of 29 not being a leech outside magnafest is a bit much. Guess that's the reason why serious players have moved to co-op lobbies to organize harder raids. Try that next time, and set the level reasonably high like 101+.
I've joined and hosted a lot of Grande raids for a while now, and yes a lot of the 30 players who join just leech from a hit or two but enough have always stayed so the battle only takes about 7-10 minutes to finish tops (at least for me), and certainly never so bad that so many of the 30 leave to the point that I'm literally soloing the last 20% of her HP. I had to use a number of elixirs to keep from wasting the spawn materials I spent.
Old 2017-07-17, 16:57   Link #982
AnimeFangirl

Co-op - Create a Room - Set minimum level high - ??? - Profit!

If you're doing co-op and still getting such terrible results then I don't know what to tell you. Better luck next time?
Old 2017-07-18, 20:59   Link #983
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So I've settled on a setup now:

Spear sage - Miserable Mist, Double Trouble, Veil
Korwa
Gawain
Anchira
I have Petra on first backup for Mirror Image.
I have Garuda as a support summon since around 25% and below Vohu will only be doing single-target attacks and supers, and FLB Apollo for a backup Veil, plus Bahamut and wind Carbuncle for attack/super boosts.

Use Korwa's Fils attack and multi-attack for constant buffs (as usual) with Anchira's third ability. Gawain's single-use attack skills are actually really useful for whittling down the grunts in Maniac. The massive amount of multi-attack going on between three different abilities provides all the offensive boost you'll need through the whole quest, though don't ignore Korwa's first ability.
On the boss, do the usual wait one turn for buff clear to pass and focus on the second sub-boss first to kill healing. Now, at and around 75% and 25% HP Vohu will only use a single-target super, so when he's about to use his 3 diamonds around 75%, use Korwa's 3rd and Anchira's 2nd ability to draw that super onto a shielded character with boosted defense thanks to the two abilities. This frees up Gawain's 3rd ability for Vohu's 50% all-attack trigger super, and you can control who loses Veil for when the 50% trigger kicks in.
If you can precisely do large enough damage to take Vohu down all the way to 25% after the 75% trigger I suppose Gawain wouldn't be as necessary, but I won't bother testing that. This setup works great and fast (even with only a mediocre attack skill spear for my Sage), and as they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Last edited by Shinji103; 2017-07-18 at 21:11.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-19, 07:51   Link #984
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spear sage - Miserable Mist, Double Trouble, Veil
Same. If you time Vohu and the pedestal's ougis correctly you can eat both of them with one Veil.

My beef is with Extreme, which is hard to fully-auto because of Vohu's 50% mirror image. I tried it a couple of times, sometimes it works, sometimes the whole party wipes. If only I had a wind staff so I could use Mystic.

Lyres being in MVP red chests is a lie...
Old 2017-07-19, 19:27   Link #985
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm only gonna bother going for shop harps. My wind team isn't reliable enough to do NM120, only NM100. Also farming for the host raids in coop suffering.
Old 2017-07-20, 03:57   Link #986
AnimeFangirl

Anyone else having a Nightmare pop up after every single Extreme? A bug? Luck? At this rate I'll be done with my MLB harp by the end of today.

EDIT: Me 'n' my big mouth. I ruined it.

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2017-07-20 at 04:08.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-24, 03:23   Link #987
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

So I asked about a week ago and didn't get a response, what is the general weapon pool ratio of weapons in a normal Titan pool and an enmity Titan pool? In the last week I've gotten a lot more stuff towards a Titan pool, including a second Baal gun, a fourth Baal axe, a 4* Tribunal Thunder, and two 3* Tribunal Thunders. (I just need ~35 more earth centrum to FLB them both)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm only gonna bother going for shop harps. My wind team isn't reliable enough to do NM120, only NM100. Also farming for the host raids in coop suffering.
A little late, but it's better to just assist on others' raids for the true anima. Just make a few hits or get about 10,000 points in a raid, go back to the home screen, then repeat the process again and again. YOu can be participating in three different assist raids at once, just get in another one when one yours dies. You won't get a true anime every time, but it's much faster than hosting your own raid to get each true anime you need.
Old 2017-07-25, 05:37   Link #988
AnimeFangirl

Rise of the Beasts at last! I got my MLB harp several days ago, but I didn't have the Champion Merits or rupies to FLB it. Bring on the beasts!
Old 2017-07-25, 12:47   Link #989
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

4 Baal Axe at 3 stars is the bare minimum to get Earth Enmity going.
But have 4 Bunker from the gacha is the most ideal.
Then you want 2 Baal Gun to keep the DA rate high. But you can drop that to 1 if you have enough buffers and add one more Baal Axe or Bunker instead.

Then you want a FLB Byakko Fist with the damage cap breaks skill.
And then a FLB Andalice from the gacha which also breaks damage cap. Each of them breaks it it by 7%, so 14% total.
Naturally you want Uriel Fist too.
Using just one FLB Ygg Bow is also okay, but no more than that.

Of course, make sure you have Ayre and 4 to make use of this set up.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-26, 02:41   Link #990
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

new SSR carbuncle weapons are pretty interesting. Does anyone know if you can skill up Chain Force on water's weapon?
Old 2017-07-28, 12:50   Link #991
AnimeFangirl

That new Bahamut is the ugliest thing I ever saw. That puffed out white chest... it looks like a frog that died and its white belly is all rotten and swollen up. Gross. >_< I'm not fighting that thing.
Old 2017-07-29, 02:23   Link #992
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
2 wind spears and 1 fire katana in a few days when I'm only at a point where I can just MVP the EXs if I host

Yeeeaaah don't remember the last time I went this hardcore
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 05:52   Link #993
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Wow, so I sprung for the Star Premium gacha just now. It actually gave me two SSRs.
But neither of them are the summer character weapons. Except they were both summons which are a bit harder to get and one of them was even a primal, so all's good right?

WRONG. It gave me Apollo, which is largely useless since I have an FLB Apollo already. (I much much much more need things like Athena or Marius than a one-star Apollo). And of all the primal summons in the game, it gave me the useless one, Zephyrus. The wiki doesn't even bother pointing out weapons for it because it's not worth it over Tiamat and Tiamat guns.

The drop and gacha systems in this game are rigged. It always gives the items you don't need over the ones you do (going on 5 months of everyday Celeste farming with no claw drops and plenty of drops of the other SSR weapons, and Co-op still gives me far more ,age creeds than warrior creeds), and now this. It gives me two different SSR summons, and of all the SSR summons in this game it manages to "randomly" give me the summon that's useless to me, and the summon that's useles in general.
Old 2017-07-29, 15:02   Link #994
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It would take too much programming shenanigans to have an algorithm checking your whole inventory before determining what SSR you should get.
Not only that, but considering how it would be a very easy pattern to figure after a certain sample size, they would be at the risk of being sued (which almost happened with the Anchira issue even though it was the customers idiocy in that case).
So no, I'm not buying the conspiracy theory one bit, especially that unlike some other shady games, GBF has such a large customer base that such kind of swindle would be very easy to spot.

If such instance was recurrent for a lot of people, that would be a plausible conclusion, but there are toncrap of players with ungodly luck or moderate luck too.

So no, you just were unlucky this time. This kind of instance always stick out like a sore thumb, while it is easy to forget that you and other people could get rare character like Zoey without any spark whatsoever.
Old 2017-07-29, 16:09   Link #995
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

If only this was the one time......but this has been happening with several activities over the course of several months now as I pointed out. I did get lucky with Summer Zoey, but only with Summer Zoey so far and that was in fact before this streak of selectively bad drop and gacha started.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue any point on the matter and it was never my intention to do so. But five months straight of farming in various activities and getting these same selectively bad results and then a total Gacha flop like this on top of it is really, really hard to happen on its own. (of all the summons in this game......)
Old 2017-07-29, 19:30   Link #996
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Extremes exist for every bell curve. You simply were unlucky.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-29, 21:17   Link #997
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I certainly hope that's all it is, but it's hard to argue with 5 straight months of "bad luck." The only thing I had any real luck with in those 5 months was I got 1 xeno axe drop from Xeno Ifrit and some axe and gun drops from Baal's red chests, but that much is expected after farming it every day for a few weeks and joining every single public Baal raid.
Meanwhile, among other things I haven't seen a single Celeste claw from soloing Celeste magna three times a every day for these past 5 months, plus all the MVP chests I get from joining public raids.
Old 2017-07-29, 22:40   Link #998
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

trium and stamina seems to be the best skill for the new baha weapons imo.

I tried the enmity version and didn't find it as good as the trium version, it's insane!
Old 2017-07-29, 23:10   Link #999
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

What's insane is that you already got the materials to make the new Bahamut weapons, unless you already had the material on hand. (I don't see how since meteorite was just introduced) It would take me months to get one, but I don't think I'll go through that ridiculous grind (especially on top of my other farming I'm doing for other gear), because

Aren't the new Bahamut weapons worse than Codas? Sure you can select the second skill but just the one skill doesn't amount to a whole lot, but more importantly the first skill is dependent on weapon specialty, or so it says. That means the big HP and attack boost would only work for certain characters with the right weapon specialty. For example, the water Atma/Ultima dagger would only give the HP/att boost first skill to any dagger MC class and Quatre/Feower (being the only two characters you can get dagger specialty for with water element), whereas the Coda dagger works for all Humans and Eruns. So with the Atma/Ultima weapons, you mostly waste a weapon slot for the other two characters in your party, all three of your allies if you don't have Feower.

Unless there is a major mechanic I'm missing or the skill description isn't accurate, the new weapons sound worse than the old ones unless you can get some very specific setups put together.
Old 2017-07-29, 23:14   Link #1000
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

New Baha weapon resally isn't all that worth it.
As the weapon skill is only effective on the character with the same weapon time.
Though, you can alter BOTH first and second skill.

It is like Cosmos Weapon going into a further extreme to become useless...

BTW, Celeste Magna having crappy drop rate is completely natural.
Stop making a big fuss about it. It is just 5 month without claws okay?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote