AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-09, 19:37   Link #221
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShokugekiNo...isodes_not_24/

Take this with a grain of salt for now, but...
Either there's a one week break or they planned a split cour.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 02:37   Link #222
Friday
Im shy too...

ep11

Eishi: okay, lets have you all make the same dishes.....
within the same amount of time.....

Class:as if!!!!!!

LMAO
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 11:54   Link #223
BWTraveller
Born to ship

And then the casual revelation that Azami literally intends to shut down every restaurant that doesn't serve top-tier gourmet food and replace them with establishments that do, and Eishi doesn't seem to care because what's important is raising his own cooking to higher levels.

Azami's plan seems even crueler when you consider that from the start he has made it clear that "real food" is not something to be given to "the masses" or even high-level "riffraff" like the critics that showed up to Erina's place, but rather to be shared exclusively with the most refined, chosen few. He even describes the restaurants he wants to shut down as the ones designed to bring food to the average person. I'm pretty sure that all the restaurants he'd leave behind or new restaurants he'd put up where the old ones had been would find it only natural to turn away anyone who didn't have an expensive reservation. We're not just talking "no more common food", we're talking "no more food for commoners". Yet again I need to know why all the others voted to bring this guy in. It's clear that Eishi understands but doesn't care, apparently because it helps him improve, but what of the other five? I mean, Momo may be very arrogant and displeased with the idea of having to waste her time proving her superiority to those below her, but she doesn't seem like she actually thinks the people below her should be treated like THAT. And then there's Eizan. This guy's in it for business, plain and simple. Providing only masterpieces that take lots of time and care to make, food that is not and probably cannot be sold to the average people, isn't really that lucrative. At least not compared to making a food chain that'll feed millions on a nearly daily basis. The guy's built up a large number of restaurants, including fast food joints. I can't imagine him being happy about giving power to someone who would destroy his most profitable ventures.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 14:21   Link #224
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That bit made no sense at all. How the hell would he have the power to shut down an industry like that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 14:45   Link #225
Ultragunner

^ well, maybe not directly like an order or something like that, Eishi says it himself - a "long-term" goal.

From what I can see:
1. Azami took over Totsuki and forced everyone to study and practice the same curriculum & recipes (with support from the majority of the Elite Ten)
2. many students would graduate as basically identical chefs except for a selective few (again, the Elite Ten)
3. those students would go and open the own restaurants or diner with high-quality food - certified by Azami of course
4. Finally, those small and lower class establishment would lose money and eventually get closed down.
4.5. as a bonus, it is very likely that Azami would reach out to those own the verge of going out of business to "follow him" => more "drones" under Azami

Ultimately, the vast majority of the gourmet world would be enveloped by Azami's ideals, you either got in line or got ousted.
Old 2017-12-13, 15:58   Link #226
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But that's the thing: "lower class" establishments do not compete with gourmet restaurants. It's not the same customer base.
Old 2017-12-13, 17:37   Link #227
grecefar

so the average people will never eat in a restaurant is that it?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 18:07   Link #228
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That bit made no sense at all. How the hell would he have the power to shut down an industry like that?
They only JUST explained it in the manga, and it was said so casually you wouldn't realize it explained this without thinking about it specifically. It'd go against the rules to post it here, even in spoiler tags, so I won't. If you'd like to know, I can post it in the manga thread and then link said post here though.

That being said, this is one of the biggest things that makes me hate Azami as he is written. He's inconsistent in what his ideals seem to be, while also being unrealistic in how it'd ever be accomplished, even with in-world explanations eventually given.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 22:14   Link #229
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kind of wondering how they can close down every restaurant that arent first class when you can get food out of an vending machine
Old 2017-12-13, 23:13   Link #230
The 48th Ronin

So Azami wants to remove all plebeian restaurants and replace them with high-class, 5-star ones that's exclusive to the elite few. What a way to kill the food industry.

Can't wait for McDonald's to fund an armed insurrection, because Azami is a serious threat to their corporate interests.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 06:51   Link #231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My main takeaway after hearing Azami's grand plan is: he doesn't know how the world works . I doubt even Kim Jong Un can do what Azami aimed to do in NK.

Aside from that, there are some really awkward scenes in this episode. Erina's face and the hair on her cheeks is totally and obviously inconsistent early on in the episode. And the fanservice during Erina & Hisako's changing is executed in a shameless-yet-tepid manner. It's like an obligation done with very minimum panache. It's like watching a non-confident schoolgirl doing her first nude video and dance coz she desperately needs the money .
Old 2017-12-14, 11:36   Link #232
MCAL

Tsukasa: "What are you going to do tomorrow night, Azami, sir?

Azami: Same thing we do every night, Tsukasa - try to take over the culinary world!
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 12:59   Link #233
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
So Azami wants to remove all plebeian restaurants and replace them with high-class, 5-star ones that's exclusive to the elite few. What a way to kill the food industry.

Can't wait for McDonald's to fund an armed insurrection, because Azami is a serious threat to their corporate interests.
I think Azami only want to remove those who dare call themselves 'Restaurant' like ahem Jamie's Italian. And he didnt mean they should not exist but rather should be run by him.

Food serve in the army canteen isn't on his radar lol
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 14:19   Link #234
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They only JUST explained it in the manga, and it was said so casually you wouldn't realize it explained this without thinking about it specifically. It'd go against the rules to post it here, even in spoiler tags, so I won't. If you'd like to know, I can post it in the manga thread and then link said post here though.

That being said, this is one of the biggest things that makes me hate Azami as he is written. He's inconsistent in what his ideals seem to be, while also being unrealistic in how it'd ever be accomplished, even with in-world explanations eventually given.
Feel free to PM this to me since I must admit it DOES seem strange. I mean, I can see him gaining some influence. Right now Toutsuki is effectively the top culinary institution worldwide, at least it seems to be, and so graduating from there gives you a lot of clout. Making it so that you have tons of students entering and graduating will create a huge number of people carrying that badge, and if they're skilled the increase in numbers could outpace any decrease in actual power behind it. Best guess I can make is that he intends to use this army to gain influence with those who hold financial and political control.

And no, he didn't say anything about "anyplace that calls itself 'restaurant'". He specifically said that any place that serves "animal feed" would be culled, its administration removed, and replaced with establishments run by his food zombies producing the high-price "food" he approves of. If army canteens don't serve "food" worthy of a queen, I'm pretty sure he'd aim to eliminate it as well (Don't think he'd actually be able to go that far even if he could eliminate everything else). One thing I'd like is to see what happens if he gains enough influence to do this, then goes to Akiba and tries to shut down all the maid cafes, little sister cafes, character cafes, and the like. He'd have an army of untold numbers absolutely determined to defend their rice omelettes with "I <3 Onii-chan" in ketchup. You do not mess with an otaku's maids and "sisters".

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2017-12-14 at 14:31.
Old 2017-12-14, 14:44   Link #235
Darthtabby

This episode gave me even more reason to love Alice. On the other hand I fear Souma may have bit off more than he can chew. My worry that Ryou was going to lose to his opponent last episode may have proved unfounded, but Ryou's opponent was just a lackey -Souma's opponent is the First Seat.

I also thought it was kind of interesting how they kept downplaying Eishi as an antagonist before finally dropping the dastardly plot he's assisting with on us. Granted said dastardly plot doesn't actually seem very feasible, but the objective is pretty horrifying. I'd hate to see my favorite reasonably priced restaurants replaced by expensive gourmet places.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 15:24   Link #236
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Feel free to PM this to me since I must admit it DOES seem strange. I mean, I can see him gaining some influence. Right now Toutsuki is effectively the top culinary institution worldwide, at least it seems to be, and so graduating from there gives you a lot of clout. Making it so that you have tons of students entering and graduating will create a huge number of people carrying that badge, and if they're skilled the increase in numbers could outpace any decrease in actual power behind it. Best guess I can make is that he intends to use this army to gain influence with those who hold financial and political control.

And no, he didn't say anything about "anyplace that calls itself 'restaurant'". He specifically said that any place that serves "animal feed" would be culled, its administration removed, and replaced with establishments run by his food zombies producing the high-price "food" he approves of. If army canteens don't serve "food" worthy of a queen, I'm pretty sure he'd aim to eliminate it as well (Don't think he'd actually be able to go that far even if he could eliminate everything else). One thing I'd like is to see what happens if he gains enough influence to do this, then goes to Akiba and tries to shut down all the maid cafes, little sister cafes, character cafes, and the like. He'd have an army of untold numbers absolutely determined to defend their rice omelettes with "I <3 Onii-chan" in ketchup. You do not mess with an otaku's maids and "sisters".

Hell forget about Maid Cafe's and the like. He'd have to also go against companies like McDonald's, KFC, Denny's etc. which are owned by large conglomerates, that have billions of dollars at stake. They aren't just going to roll the heck over. Philip Morris International, which is a multinational tobacco company has sued countries for less. It's like yeah Azami, you do that and let's see how that works out for you bruh.
Old 2017-12-14, 19:11   Link #237
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Didn't expect much from the episode and it still let me down.
Old 2017-12-14, 19:21   Link #238
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Hell forget about Maid Cafe's and the like. He'd have to also go against companies like McDonald's, KFC, Denny's etc. which are owned by large conglomerates, that have billions of dollars at stake. They aren't just going to roll the heck over. Philip Morris International, which is a multinational tobacco company has sued countries for less. It's like yeah Azami, you do that and let's see how that works out for you bruh.
I was only joking. You see it all the time these days, people make a move that'll have an effect on otaku goods and the otakus of Akiba unite to annihilate the bastards that'd mess with their stuff. With McD's, you'd be messing with financial bigwigs who don't want to lose a nation. With maid cafes, you have an army of dedicated customers who don't want to see their precious disappear. Reality-wise, I'd put more money on McDonald's. Fun and interesting plot-wise, my money's on the otakus.
Old 2017-12-15, 00:28   Link #239
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I was only joking. You see it all the time these days, people make a move that'll have an effect on otaku goods and the otakus of Akiba unite to annihilate the bastards that'd mess with their stuff. With McD's, you'd be messing with financial bigwigs who don't want to lose a nation. With maid cafes, you have an army of dedicated customers who don't want to see their precious disappear. Reality-wise, I'd put more money on McDonald's. Fun and interesting plot-wise, my money's on the otakus.

Oh, I know. I wasn't trying to take a swipe at you or anything, just throwing in my two cents on the practicality of Azami's "master plan".
Old 2017-12-15, 01:28   Link #240
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Please. I must have missed it.

Tags
cooking