AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-12, 23:33   Link #5341
Wandering Soul

Pretty much. Her plan may fend off Salem in the short term, but in the long term she's going to have both factions after her.

The part where Raven was describing Cinder and her group by insulting them was nice though.
Old 2017-12-13, 14:24   Link #5342
bakato

So with the revelation that Oz was the wizard who gifted the maidens with their powers, i would guess that the last king of Vale was one of his previous incarnations, judging from his weather powers. He then gifted those powers to the maidens later on.
Old 2017-12-16, 11:26   Link #5343
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 10

Well looks like everything's coming together, finally.

Ozpin and Qrow are starting to suspect Leo's intentions, who himself is now also working with Raven. This looks like a trap meant to kill Qrow, but neither or them know Oz is with the Haven squad.

Thankfully the Belladonna family survives. Bat boy had nothing on the Bellamomma for some reason, while Corsec (or was it Fennec) gets crushed during the fight inside the house. Excellent choreography, though we didn't get a lot of it. Ilia makes her heel-face turn and joins Blake on their mission to Haven.

With one speech Blake finally reveals the lesson she should have learned so many months ago. The more you run away, the more people are going to take advantage of your absence. The point will come when the more you ignore your problems, someone else will start speaking for you. Now she chooses to stop running and make her voice heard, literally and figuratively.

I do wish we got more gunchuck action here, but hey it was good for all 5 seconds of it we got. This episode marks the point where the remaining split stories will start coming together.

Spoiler for Do you ship this?:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 13:11   Link #5344
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Sun is by far the most entertaining fighter in the series...and I wish there was more of him.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 17:08   Link #5345
WyrdMonger

This is a dilemma. Which ship to support?
Who do you think Blake has the most chemistry with? Sun or Ilia?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 20:25   Link #5346
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Anyone else thought Ruby's voice sounded weird this episode?
Old 2017-12-17, 17:28   Link #5347
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The Week Late Plus One Day Train rolls into Episode 9...

Lots of talking this episode. Yeesh.

So, we get to see the conversation between Cinder et. al. and Raven. That's one thing that has grown increasingly annoying about this series, is that there's so many moving parts is that we're waiting 2+ episodes sometimes to get back to a plot thread that is incomplete. Anyway, Raven's analysis of the Salemites is not necessarily wrong, but it also smacks of improper bravado. Raven has to know that if someone with a maiden's powers is there that she's not in a good position to be sarcastic and pushing her luck. Not sure what her deal is in asking for Qrow dead, either. That strikes me as a strange ask. Not sure what she gains by that, unless it was strictly part of a ruse with the Salemites. And if I was Vernal, I'd be a little, "Wait, you're just going to assume I'm okay with this deal?" about what Raven was doing with the Salemites.

Finally, I wonder if a comment I saw under the YouTube posting of the episode is onto something.... Was that "Vernal" at the end really Emerald? Probably not, but would be interesting.

I'm guessing Qrow is well aware that the "caw" he just heard was Raven.

In the fight scene between the brothers and Blake's father, did the father lose his aura? If yes, then how was he really resisting that ice attack from the one brother?

So much talking... so little actual stuff happening in this episode. Looking forward to Episode 10, where it sounds like we get some proper action.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 06:29   Link #5348
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I heard Episode 10 is the last episode of this Volume. What a cop-out finale. I wanted the battle for Haven to be the last episode in this volume but noooo, we get Menagerie battle instead. And those like me who are not a big fan of Blake it's a letdown. No wonder Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth could envision them making many volumes with this series with a slow ass plot development like this. Honestly is just seem like Rooster Teeth is just dragging the plot now.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 07:58   Link #5349
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I heard Episode 10 is the last episode of this Volume. What a cop-out finale. I wanted the battle for Haven to be the last episode in this volume but noooo, we get Menagerie battle instead. And those like me who are not a big fan of Blake it's a letdown. No wonder Monty Oum and Rooster Teeth could envision them making many volumes with this series with a slow ass plot development like this. Honestly is just seem like Rooster Teeth is just dragging the plot now.
As far as I know, volume 5 has 14 episodes, not 10.
Old 2017-12-18, 08:04   Link #5350
RDNexus

14 episodes? Now that's news to me
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 09:17   Link #5351
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
As far as I know, volume 5 has 14 episodes, not 10.
That's good to hear. Too many conflicting news. One poster in another forum says it will have 12 episodes since every other Volume, aside from Volume 1, have 12 episodes each.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-19, 12:49   Link #5353
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So now Raven has Leo working for her. Can't wait to see the whole everyone fight each other while thinking they have the upper hand and manipulate the other.

I would love to see how Mama Belladonna beat up bird boy. And the White Fang attack fails and Blake convinces the people of Menagerie, including Ilia who has a Heel Face Turn, join her against Adam. I wonder what's Salem doing all this time?

Speaking of Salem....

HNNGGGGG
Old 2017-12-19, 20:46   Link #5354
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I... I am morally conflicted.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 00:16   Link #5355
ArrowSmith

Had to give up on Volume 1 Episode 1. The animation is just too terrible.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 14:00   Link #5356
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
This is a dilemma. Which ship to support?
Who do you think Blake has the most chemistry with? Sun or Ilia?
Well Sun managed get Blake's father acknowledgement he alsi happen to be able beat Illya anytime be wants.
Old 2017-12-20, 15:53   Link #5357
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If this really was the finale it would have been advertised as such.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 20:58   Link #5358
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Had to give up on Volume 1 Episode 1. The animation is just too terrible.
It gets better.

The animation was never really a problem for me. That's low on the list compared to the story and characters.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 02:37   Link #5359
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I guess I underestimate Blake's role too much

since she is going to move her own Faunus' armies to Haven, this would break Adam's plan
Adam wants a war between Faunus and human, however since Blake proved that there are still faunus that opposed Adam, the war is not going to happen
White Fang influence might also plummet a lot by this event

Blake's continuous persuasion toward Illia for almost 4-5 episodes proved to be the key point that prevent any victims
yeah... let's just put our yuri googles for Blake x Illia

I really hope Haven wars would be covered in this season because waiting for another 6 months would be really painful
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 18:30   Link #5360
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Warning: No episode this week, I believe.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby