Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-16, 14:42   Link #5021
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
7thMethuselah- oh my god. is that that girl from saikano? the one that shoots/gets shot by the soldier! amazing!!!

selfa lern too sepeel peleaes?
Old 2004-11-16, 15:19   Link #5022
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
7thMethuselah - oh my god. is that that girl from saikano? the one that shoots/gets shot by the soldier! amazing!!!
?
Indeed she is

must.rate.avatar
well hobo your border is not bad, and I like the sad look on the guy's face, but I have no clue which anime it's from. 7.5/10
Old 2004-11-16, 17:02   Link #5023
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
hobobaggins: Daisuke-chan!! ^-^ I love D.N.Angel and I love Daisuke... cute avy, too. 8.5/10 cause for some reason... the cropping looks strange, height-wise. It just makes the space between your title and your avatar look huge (even though it's really the same as everyone else's). ~.~

7thMethuselah: The animation loop looks pretty good if I'm looking directly at it, but if I'm not focusing on [the avatar], it looks a little jilty... And I like the chick? What anime's she from. ^-^ 8.5/10
Old 2004-11-16, 19:15   Link #5024
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
Hobobaggins- 9/10 I luv the pic!

I just got this one from a friend of mine that lives next door to me... what do you think ^_^
Old 2004-11-16, 23:01   Link #5025
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Key - what the heck? this isnt anime! and it doesnt have to do with ghosts! 2/10!

please to changing it?
Old 2004-11-16, 23:06   Link #5026
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

just dropping in because I have to rate 7thMethuselah`s avatar.

I love it!

it totally pwns all the other avatars on this page (including mine).
there... you others all get a 1/10 compared to that... now go and train harder! :fingers:

ahhh.. ok, ill vote you seriously

Anko Plushy: the pic of the boy (is it.. joey?) looks ok, but its a little bit bleached. The one with brown hair has a much better image quality. I couldnt figure out what the text says, its too small and disappears too fast, so maybe Im missing a major joke/line here... the little animations look good though
7/10

Key: nice view (what was that line from Die Hard 2 again? ) the quality is high and very clear. I would prever the frontview though
8/10

hobobaggins: the pic itself is not very catchy. Not bad, but nothing special either, nothing I would look at more than once. I dont know the chara, so maybe thats part of the reason I dont find it interesting at all.
next is the format: it looks kind of weird... I cant figure out if its a square or not.. some kind of optical illusion? Any way... it should be a square, any sig with a border should be square.
last point, the "border effects": hmmmmm.... a bit too much. the ones top left are ok, allthough they might be the cause for the "format illusion". the blue-white line on the right is not fitting in. maybe replace the white parts with transparency, so you can see the picture through it.
6/10 with much room for improvements

and finally 7thMethuselah:
Its great but would be even better with a 1 pixel wide, black border.
9.5/10

EDIT:
@hobbo: huh? I did rate ur avatar!
how could I wonder about wether ur sig is square?
I was speaking of the little white squares in the white and blue line on the right.
go read BLAME! btw

2nd EDIT:
gahhh, noone knows who my avatar is!
have to do something...

its Dhomochevsky from BLAME!
BLAME! is a manga btw, go look at this thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5930

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2004-11-16 at 23:22.
Old 2004-11-16, 23:09   Link #5027
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky
hobobaggins: the pic itself is not very catchy. Not bad, but nothing special either, nothing I would look at more than once. I dont know the chara, so maybe thats part of the reason I dont find it interesting at all.
next is the format: it looks kind of weird... I cant figure out if its a square or not.. some kind of optical illusion? Any way... it should be a square, any sig with a border should be square.
last point, the "border effects": hmmmmm.... a bit too much. the ones top left are ok, allthough they might be the cause for the "format illusion". the blue-white line on the right is not fitting in. maybe replace the white parts with transparency, so you can see the picture through it.
6/10 with much room for improvements

and finally 7thMethuselah:
Its great but would be even better with a 1 pixel wide, black border.
9.5/10
it does not! borders should die!

any about your rating of my signature, this is the avatar thread. my avatar is primarily red?

edit: i see what you speak of. and to answer your questions

it is not square. it is made that way intentionally.

there is no white outside of the border, there is only transparency... or did you mean inside the border?

your avatar is vash 8/10 until i figure out what it really is.

I think that might look a bit odd, but i can try it.

edit:

Old 2004-11-16, 23:17   Link #5028
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Key - The last one was special; this one simply doesn't appeal to me at all probably because I'm not a big fan of tattooes. 7/10

Anko Plushy - The text goes by too fast at first sight and the content doesn't amuse me. The heart in the lower corner needs some work, but I do like the moving 'x' and moving '<3'. 7.3/10

Dhomochevsky - I guess it's simply because I haven't seen Saikano in such a long time, but I seriously don't see what's so great about that scene. ^_^;; As for yours, the guy STRONGLY reminds me of Vashu teh Stampedeh but at the same time doesn't; not bad for an artwork. 8/10
Old 2004-11-17, 02:01   Link #5029
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky

its Dhomochevsky from BLAME!
BLAME! is a manga btw, go look at this thread http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5930
100% will check out blame if i get the chance.

OSG. (not mine!) NightWish's Avatar is AMAZING. it is so soft, cute and innocent. but can be so perverted!... or i just think it is. the shadow and her expression makes it!

10/10 for sure.
Old 2004-11-17, 04:22   Link #5030
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Talking

• hobobaggins ~
    Why thank you the scene it's from is one of my favorites... Sadly I can't return the complement as strongly... the lines all over your avatar just detract from the image, IMHO. Nice and sharp though. 6/10
  • sarcasteak ~
    Yay for fluid animation! Love it, 9/10
  • Dhomochevsky ~
    Umm sure I've seen this before somewhere. I was going to say "nice cut out" but then I checked it on the vB style and it doesn't look so good. 6/10
  • Anko Plushy ~
    hehe... too fast though... took me ages trying to read what it said! 8/10
  • Key ~
    Nice, err... wings. Interesting avatar, something a little different, which is nice. 7/10.
  • 7thMethuselah ~
    I really want to rate this one high, for the puffs of breath alone... but I can't... the "jumping" snow is just too annoying . Still, I like it enough to give it a 8/10 despite the lack of fluid snow fall.
Old 2004-11-17, 10:10   Link #5031
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Anko Plushy - umm... too much text. and is that yu gi oh i see? 5/10 for too much text that isnt funny!

The heart is a nice touch. i guess.

new avatars..?

those are the 3 newest ones. the second two look very similar except for the vertical shift.
Old 2004-11-17, 13:38   Link #5032
Anko Plushy

Location: Sometimes LA sometimes the Soul Society sometimes SD sometimes Konoha it all depends on my mood
Send a message via AIM to Anko Plushy Send a message via Yahoo to Anko Plushy
Sarcastreak I like yours 8/10 what anime is it?
Old 2004-11-17, 13:42   Link #5033
7thMethuselah

NightWish : I said if before, and I'll say it again, that avatar is one of the best in the entire forum! 12/10

Anko Plushy : oh I love it, keep 'm coming 9.5/10

Hobo I like the one with the rectangular border more, but the circular one is the more original one
Old 2004-11-17, 13:58   Link #5034
sarcasteak
WAHA~

hobo - Go with the 3rd one but remove the white completely.

Anko Plushy - Geebus, your sig is waaaay over forum size limit. My avy, sig, and profile pic are all from Kannazuki no Miko.

The constant flashing annoys me a little, and the second line of "pain" is illegible, but otherwise this avy has excellent composition and high quality. 8.7/10

NightWish - The angle is nice, and a girl's face when asleep is definitely pretty...especially when she's blushing as if she's having a wet dream! 8.8/10
Old 2004-11-17, 14:12   Link #5035
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
The constant flashing annoys me a little, and the second line of "pain" is illegible
I have to agree the flashing is annoying, I preferred the previous one. However, if the second line is illegible, how were you able to read it ? I give it 7/10; If I could recognised the characters or knew the series it might mean more to me.

Quote:
a girl's face when asleep is definitely pretty...especially when she's blushing as if she's having a wet dream! 8.8/10
heh, if you didn't know the script (given what Alpha and Kokone were up to a moment before) you could be forgiven for thinking that. She isn't quite sleeping though and well, if you did know the story you would know she wasn't thinking those thoughts . I think of it more as a feeling of... wistful contentment, if it is possible to have such an emotion.

Edit: Ooo Shay posted, I had forgotten I liked that avatar. Great animation, really clean / clear image and fluid movement. Fun too ... 9/10

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-11-17 at 14:24. Reason: Post needed one more rating... ^_^
Old 2004-11-17, 14:21   Link #5036
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
NightWish - The angle is nice, and a girl's face when asleep is definitely pretty...especially when she's blushing as if she's having a wet dream! 8.8/10
LOL! Trust you to find something dirty to say about such a peaceful looking image.

I have to rate now, erm...Sarc I don't know what it is bit I really like the use of two separate gifs. 9/10

I saw this avatar on another forum. (That means its not mine so don't anybody use it as thier own please)

Spoiler for a little rude but funny avatar:
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots

Last edited by Shay; 2004-11-17 at 16:51.
Old 2004-11-18, 14:13   Link #5037
Craig
Master Chief

Send a message via AIM to Craig Send a message via MSN to Craig Send a message via Yahoo to Craig
Shay gets a 10/10 for Hers *achem i mean His (inside joke see the welcome forum). This is funny I keep seeing Shay, Hobo, Steak and 7th Meth in the forums I visit. Do you all just follow each other around?
Old 2004-11-18, 14:31   Link #5038
7thMethuselah

Craig : I like the dark, mysterious atmosphere of the avatar - 8.5/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
This is funny I keep seeing Shay, Hobo, Steak and 7th Meth in the forums I visit. Do you all just follow each other around?
I know, I know (*blushes*) I have alot of fans and stalkers
Old 2004-11-18, 15:10   Link #5039
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Sarcasteak I love your avatar (well the girl) 9/10
Shay Girl is well let's say crazy 9/10
7thMethuselah ummm... i dont know what to say but 9/10

I'm too lazy to make animated avatar, maybe ill make one later.
Old 2004-11-18, 15:35   Link #5040
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Aoie_Emesai - I like Konoka but don't see why you had to shrink it so small instead of taking advantage of the 100x100 limit. Your avy doesn't have to be animated, but just make your current one 100x100 and put a nice border around it at least.

Cragi - The guy almost looks like Vincent; I like it a lot, but there's a lot more you can do with this picture to enhance it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
LOL! Trust you to find something dirty to say about such a peaceful looking image.
It's my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
This is funny I keep seeing Shay, Hobo, Steak and 7th Meth in the forums I visit. Do you all just follow each other around?
It can't be helped; 7th pays us a good sum to be his posse.
Closed Thread

Tags