Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2008-02-21, 03:33   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

[Alopex & SSAnime] Shiawase Apartment's Okojo-san

For some reason I cannot play this video: [Alopex & SSAnime] Shiawase Apartment's Okojo-san 1

Just to get it out of the way: Yes, I use CCCP and have no conflicting codecs on my system. I use CoreAVC for h264 decoding, but that shouldn't be relevant in this case. Since I only rarely have problems with HD h264 encodes I doubt I am having a problem with processing capability. Being who I am, obviously I watch a lot of shows without any trouble.

Now for the problem: When I try to play this show I find that the video lags behind the sound. It lags a LOT. Since this is a 640x480 DivX encode I find it unlikely that I should have a problem with playback. I have tried to play it with MPC and TCMP. Both have problems.

Is there something wrong with this video or does someone have an idea what conflict I might have.

Spoiler for Just to be complete, here's a CCCP Insurgent scan:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-21, 04:26   Link #2
emptyeighty

First update your CCCP to the latest version (2008-01-24). Change no options on install. If it still doesn't work use Insurgent to make a tools -> test render, tools -> media info and tools -> CRC check and paste all three here.
Old 2008-02-21, 04:49   Link #3
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Sadly my problem was not solved as easily as updating CCCP. Still, glad to update it.

Spoiler for test render:

Spoiler for media info:

Spoiler for CRC check:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-02-21, 05:20   Link #4
martino
makes no files now

Oh joy... Somebody was silly enough to release a 120fps video stream, and looking at the fact it lags it probably doesn't even have duplicate frames, but actually 120 hard-coded frames per second. I doubt that you can solve this by changing some setting in either the splitter or decoder, however feel free prove me wrong. I'd suggest either getting a different release, using some beast of a computer to play it back, or re-encoding the video yourself with something like;
Code:
AviSource("video.avi")
SelectEvery(5,1) #for 23.976 or (4,1) for 29.96
EDIT: Looking at their boards they apparently released a v2, however I didn't bother checking any further than that...
Old 2008-02-21, 05:25   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
EDIT: Looking at their boards they apparently released a v2, however I didn't bother checking any further than that...
Yes, but for some reason it's called v1, not v2
Old 2008-02-21, 05:31   Link #6
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Well, I'll have to download the V1 and try to play that. It's a little frustrating that they released it an hour and a half AFTER I posted my question, or else I would have saved myself the trouble of asking for help.

Edit: Wow, I'm getting insanely fast download speed. I should be able to let you know it if works in just a few minutes.

Old 2008-02-21, 05:37   Link #7
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Well, there's no problem playing their second version. Thanks to emptyeighty and martino for helping me troubleshoot it, even though it was Alopex's fault. Cookies for both of you.

I'm glad they fixed the problem. A little frustrated, but glad.