AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-04-01, 10:15   Link #21
stsaturn

Uh dreamless as far as your sig goes I don't exactly remember that part, was that in the video game? If not you did one hell of a job in photoshop.

Also that is a wicked avatar what is it from?

Last edited by stsaturn; 2004-04-01 at 10:17. Reason: more info requested
stsaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:19   Link #22
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsaturn

Uh dreamless as far as your sig goes I don't exactly remember that part, was that in the video game? If not you did one hell of a job in photoshop.

Also that is a wicked avatar what is it from?
no it's not in the game, and it's not made by me, it's a fan-made wallpaper I snatched from a bbs

my current avatar is Dead Apostle Yumizuka Satsuki from Tsukihime.

oh, I don't know if this link is posted before, but here is the link for the Gundam SEED MSV which has some new gundam models never seen in the anime.

http://www.gundam-seed.net/msv/
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 11:23   Link #23
method

Quote:
Come on now theres still a chance he is still alive .... Remember Gundam Wing!!!!!
nsiderig that they rought ack Andy ack after his death, anything is possible.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 05:49   Link #24
stsaturn

Really don't know what you are saying but thanks for backing me (I think). This brings up something that really irrated me about GS. How the hell did Kira and Athurn survive the two explosions after the green haired kid died. Furthermore how did Kira end up on PLANT? WTF I still don't get it.
Old 2004-04-02, 06:25   Link #25
ShinDragon

Quote:
How the hell did Kira and Athurn survive the two explosions after the green haired kid died. Furthermore how did Kira end up on PLANT? WTF I still don't get it.
You will find the answer in Gundam Astray Comics.
Vol 1 comes out in May from TokyoPop, Vol 2 will be release in August.
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 07:31   Link #26
stsaturn

Wow thats fast. I still wish Bandai USA would aknowledge the fact that Gundam X exists though. A US dub and manga would be sweet.
Old 2004-04-02, 10:25   Link #27
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Wow thats fast. I still wish Bandai USA would aknowledge the fact that Gundam X exists though. A US dub and manga would be sweet.
Gundam X is the only Gundam series that isn't out on DVD's in Japan yet... Until it is I doubt Bandai Entertainment would do anything with it (since they don't have DVD sources to work from).
Old 2004-04-02, 13:18   Link #28
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Gundam X is the only Gundam series that isn't out on DVD's in Japan yet... Until it is I doubt Bandai Entertainment would do anything with it (since they don't have DVD sources to work from).
They will release it eventually, but since Gundam X was a flop over here it'll take time to be out. Of course, if you really want it, the LaserDisc versions of X is out for quite sometime. Bought mine at a used LD shop for 13,000 yen two years ago.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 13:42   Link #29
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
They will release it eventually, but since Gundam X was a flop over here it'll take time to be out. Of course, if you really want it, the LaserDisc versions of X is out for quite sometime. Bought mine at a used LD shop for 13,000 yen two years ago.
Yeah, the LD's came out when the VHS came out I believe. I guess that's good enough for a DVD source (those are the source of the bootleg DVD's I believe), but I think Bandai would release something that's out on DVD's first before releasing that.

Anyway, I think that will be the next Gundam to be released on DVD (since its the last one). Sunrise just finished Victory Gundam last month and since they've pretty much been releasing all the series consistently ever since Turn A's came out in 2000 I think it won't be long before X gets released.
Old 2004-04-02, 20:54   Link #30
stsaturn

Victory Gundam did better than Gundam X?!?! Also was Turn A gundam any good? I seen one episode and it looked kinda stupid.
Old 2004-04-02, 21:16   Link #31
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Victory Gundam did better than Gundam X?!?! Also was Turn A gundam any good? I seen one episode and it looked kinda stupid.
Yes, Victory Gundam did better than Gundam X rating-wise, even before Gundam X moved to a horrible timeslot. But Turn A has been the worse performing Gundam ever (the only reason why X got a worse rating than that one did was because it was moved to a 6:00 am timeslot). But since it's Tomino-directed, it gets certain immunities like the fact that it won't get cancelled... Plus DVDs were getting popular right about the time Turn A aired (1999~2000) which is why they started releasing Gundam DVDs with Turn A.

However Turn A is a very good series actually. And once you get used to the Turn A's unorthodox design you'll probably be impressed by how unique it looks and animates. Also there were quite a few diehard Japanese fans for Turn A when that one first aired... Which is something that X didn't really have unfortunately.
Old 2004-04-02, 23:14   Link #32
dreamless

Turn A Gundam is very good if you like some nice story and unique style. It's definitely my favorite AU Gundam. However if you want something along the line of Wing, you most likely won't like TA.
Old 2004-04-03, 04:12   Link #33
Kouji
StrykerX

Speaking of Gundam X, the weird thing is that one of my vocational school field trips. I picked up this poster, which resembled MS Gundam X - After War. And it featured the 5 pilots that piloted X, Astray, Air Master etc...
Old 2004-04-03, 08:03   Link #34
stsaturn

You know I don't see why people hated it so much. It's one of my fav's I mean come on a microwave cannon thats just badass. Bandai could at least put it in a video game like Gundam Battle Assualt or even better a PS2 game. Or to bring us even further off-topic a Xbox live game with downloadable Gundams. BOOYA I would buy 2 copies.
Old 2004-04-03, 09:15   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
Speaking of Gundam X, the weird thing is that one of my vocational school field trips. I picked up this poster, which resembled MS Gundam X - After War. And it featured the 5 pilots that piloted X, Astray, Air Master etc...
Wha? Are you sure you weren't looking at a Gundam Wing poster? There are 3 "main" Gundams in X (four later on but they are never pictured together). The Astray is from Gundam Seed.

Quote:
You know I don't see why people hated it so much. It's one of my fav's I mean come on a microwave cannon thats just badass. Bandai could at least put it in a video game like Gundam Battle Assualt or even better a PS2 game. Or to bring us even further off-topic a Xbox live game with downloadable Gundams. BOOYA I would buy 2 copies.
Well I've seen many many theories (some which are downright false like that Evangelion one). But I still don't know exactly why it bombed so badly. Probably a combination of the slow storytelling in the beginning of the series, the relatively unattractive character design, the relatively narrow audience the show was aimed for (compard to Wing), the multiple references to the OYW which many people by then didn't care for, the overshadowing Wing which was still very popular when X was being aired, etc. But indeed Bandai seemed to have learned their lessons after this and decided to let a Gundam AU die down first before starting up another totally different one.
Old 2004-04-03, 13:12   Link #36
MrBrown

Turn A Gundam wasn't commercially that succesful, I think. It doesn't have enough crowd pleasers to be a hit among generel fans, and veteran gundam fans detested the designs at first. Seem like it did ok in the end at least, seeing as it got movies (which are crap, btw) and all.

TAG is an excellent series, in any case.
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 14:35   Link #37
Icer

Turn A Gundam is overrated, and throws in a ridiculous theory. (Big Bang)
It's nothing like any of the previous Gundam stories, and the story (and characters) is lame and boring.
Mecha action? Hah, what mecha action.

And no, I'm not a Wing(er) with a pension for action. My favorite series is the original Gundam, I just really didnt like TAG.
Icer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 15:23   Link #38
MrBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icer
Turn A Gundam is overrated, and throws in a ridiculous theory. (Big Bang)
Dunno about overrated, but the 'big bang theory' is completely fan made. If you really want to analyze the images taken from older gundam series as anymore than fluff content, I'd say they're Tomino's nod to his older shows (not just gundam shows) that were alot darker and proposed violence as a solution to violence. TAG is alot more pacifist in this manner (same with OKG, the show he made after TAG), hence he'd call the older stuff "Black History".
MrBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 15:42   Link #39
dreamless

Quote:
speaking about the games, there's those Super Robot Wars games, and GX is the famous "a god when there's moon, a dog when there's no moon" mecha
Old 2004-04-03, 16:54   Link #40
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrown
Dunno about overrated, but the 'big bang theory' is completely fan made. If you really want to analyze the images taken from older gundam series as anymore than fluff content, I'd say they're Tomino's nod to his older shows (not just gundam shows) that were alot darker and proposed violence as a solution to violence. TAG is alot more pacifist in this manner (same with OKG, the show he made after TAG), hence he'd call the older stuff "Black History".
No. Tomino and others have time and time again confirmed what is the idea behind the "Turn A Bang" theory. He's said that Turn A is meant to unite all of Gundam (that's the whole meaning of the Turn A symbol), and to eliminate the idea of the Alternate Universe (which is why the Turn A timeline lacks a typical Gundam timeline "name", instead the year is placed in what is translated as the "Correct Century"--merely a way of saying that this is the true timeline)

So it's not fan-made.