AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-24, 10:01   Link #1021
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Rankings for the 23rd, http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/diary/20...outyuukan.html:

4th!? I'm so bummed. I thought Iinchou was popular enough to get top two at least.
YES! I have placed votes on Akane and Kotori from every single computer around ever since the poll started! Happy to see the ranking this high! Must continue to support Akane-sama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
朱音様万歳ー!

I know I'm rare in liking this character (well, between her and Kotori), so me not having voted makes me feel vindicated by her place in the poll. Somewhat.
No need to feel ashamed! Akane IS awesome! It's rare not to like her
Vote and support her!
Old 2011-12-24, 23:33   Link #1022
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
YES! I have placed votes on Akane and Kotori from every single computer around ever since the poll started! Happy to see the ranking this high! Must continue to support Akane-sama!

I voted solely for Lucia from the start. You can vote multiple times by just clearing your browser history and voting again. Probably not wise to do this (too much) though.

It makes me wonder if Akane fans abused this :P. Yuuto said Shizuru was leading early on until Akane mysteriously surged past her :P.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-24, 23:47   Link #1023
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
I voted solely for Lucia from the start. You can vote multiple times by just clearing your browser history and voting again. Probably not wise to do this (too much) though.

It makes me wonder if Akane fans abused this :P. Yuuto said Shizuru was leading early on until Akane mysteriously surged past her :P.
Yeah, it's a mystery
Old 2011-12-25, 14:25   Link #1024
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Being a tech buff, it wouldn't be surprising if Akane engineered it herself... Setting up a script to automate voting wouldn't be hard for her. (or any other determined person for that matter)
Old 2011-12-27, 07:41   Link #1025
Coroda

Anyone know a site I can purchase a rewrite keyboard? or anything related to rewrite, everything I want is sold out in amiami!
Coroda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-27, 13:52   Link #1026
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Been watching this video nonstop for a while now, it made of so much epicwin! It contains various spoilers from the game so watch it under your own risk.

http://nicoviewer.net/sm15081782
Old 2011-12-27, 19:21   Link #1027
matrixhazard

^
^
^
lol I can't stop laughing when it comes to "Seishun Te Nan Yaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 00:32   Link #1028
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Been watching this video nonstop for a while now, it made of so much epicwin! It contains various spoilers from the game so watch it under your own risk.

http://nicoviewer.net/sm15081782
Uh, what in the what?

What did I just watch?... edit: Oh, and the three-part Guardian cooperative attack towards the end made me smile, someday I'm gonna write a snippet about those Rookie three.

And yeah, there's spoilers if you can understand the lines.

Last edited by Balzac; 2011-12-28 at 00:45.
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 00:38   Link #1029
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

11:04 - Those comments added to the epicness of that yell
Old 2012-01-05, 10:38   Link #1030
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Popularity Poll Results:

1. Akane - 18042
2. Shizuru - 16839
3. Lucia - 15047
4. Kotori - 13682
5. Kagari - 10988
6. Chihaya - 9179

I'm surprised by how close the tallies are among all the heroines. The progenitor of the OPY route ended up holding on to the lead. I suspect the mass appeal from her tsukkomis and the lasting effect from most players that were dedicated enough to finish the OPY route lead to her win. With the 3 choices per ballot and no weighting, it's possible the vote format helped her out. It's a good voting format to see what heroine most people would have at least some interest in seeing new art for.

There was one change in the final voting that was surprising considering the standings did not change for the for the first half of the polling period outside of the first day. Lucia leap-frogged Kotori and by almost 1400 votes! I wonder what the vote tallies for the last days looked like. Lucia made a substantial comeback.

Kotori was 3rd and Lucia was 4th on the 23rd, if the vote tallies were consistent for Kotori, she would have had around 6800 votes at the half way mark (9 days for the period of 15-23, 8 days for 24-31), so Lucia would have had around 6000-6800 in order to trail her back on the 23rd. Which means Lucia very likely got close to ~9000 votes in the second half, which would have put her on pace to beating Shizuru and possibly tying Akane! If only she had that support the entire time.

To be frank, the change in voting patterns is a bit strange. A 10% increase in voting when half of the voting is already done seems kind of far fetched even if it is for my favorite character. I hope they don't take this balloting too seriously in regard to who they should promote/feature in future merchandise/works.
Old 2012-01-05, 12:39   Link #1031
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Great! Akane-sama won just as you would expect! I'm sure she used quite a few tickets here are there to make this happen, hahaha

Honestly, at first, I was pretty sure Sizuru would just wipe the floor with everyone else. The result on the 23rd surprised me greatly when I saw Akane in the top and I'm really glad she stayed there until the end.

Hopefully, KEY will add lots of content for Akane in Rewrite HF.
Old 2012-01-05, 14:43   Link #1032
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Ceral, it is not so much as finishing the Oppai route than unlocking it; as it was, the route could hardly be called that, merely several scenes cobbled together to celebrate the thing, and then Akane at the end. It doesn't even have enough content to last a full "day" in the common route.

Though I'm just nitpicking, of course. I am once again vindicated to see Akane-sama on top, but this does ask the question whether or not it actually is just from wanting to see art of her or something, as the poll stipulated.
Old 2012-01-05, 19:34   Link #1033
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Anyone knows if any group will translate this game to English? Being a fan of Key/Visual I would love to play this visual novel too.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 20:05   Link #1034
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
Anyone knows if any group will translate this game to English? Being a fan of Key/Visual I would love to play this visual novel too.
Amaterasu is planning on doing it after they translate Forest. They just finished the raw translation of Forest today.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 20:09   Link #1035
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Amaterasu is planning on doing it after they translate Forest. They just finished the raw translation of Forest today.
Oh great. Thanks for the info.
Linkark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 21:49   Link #1036
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Ceral, it is not so much as finishing the Oppai route than unlocking it; as it was, the route could hardly be called that, merely several scenes cobbled together to celebrate the thing, and then Akane at the end. It doesn't even have enough content to last a full "day" in the common route.

Though I'm just nitpicking, of course. I am once again vindicated to see Akane-sama on top, but this does ask the question whether or not it actually is just from wanting to see art of her or something, as the poll stipulated.
Well to finish it you need to unlock it. AS for me, before Iconsidered myself as someone who had finished the game, I spent at least a day finishing up all of the side quests in order to satisfy Koutarous' obsession with Akane's boobs. All those side quests served as a good reminder of how funny Akane's retorts were. That lasting impression from people who wanted to finish the game completely, might have swayed the "independent" voters.

Once again, the narrowness of the rankings surprises me. With a few hundred more dedicated voters to vote each day, first place would be in reach for any of the main heroines. With 134k ballots, Akane would have received less than 15% of the vote, and again, that is with 3 options to vote for per ballot. I think that goes to show that opinions were very diverging. The game is really like a bunch of separate novels rather than one coherent storyline. Kagari coming in 5th shows that the true route was pretty dull. With Kana Hanazawa as her VA, if she made a tweet to her followers she probably could've gotten first. I bet Akane's VA Eri Kitamura and Kana Hanazawa probably both have more twitter followers than votes :P.
Old 2012-01-05, 22:56   Link #1037
Balzac
Assistant Professor

One would argue that - wait let me spoiler this:

Spoiler for Kagari:
Old 2012-01-06, 00:23   Link #1038
matrixhazard

Actually for Kagari, I think that story on the Terra route still lacks of something that other heroines route in this game have.

Spoiler for About Kagari in Terra:

Since Kagari is the heroine who have the least appearances through out the game, being the 5th is OK for me. I wish Harvest Festa might have some additional story compensating for this.

==========================

For President-Sama, I really like her personality in this game and her joke when playing with Kotarou is one of the most funny thing in this game (I always believe that Shizuru doesn't have highest popularity in this game, but I never expect Akane can beat her)

P.S. by the way, the reason behind that Shizuru or Kagari cannot defeat Akane might because they don't have big breasts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplDe...layer_embedded
matrixhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 01:00   Link #1039
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm surprised Akane is so popular due to hearing how hard it was for most people to get through her route same with Shizuru. I expected Luchia to be much higher up same as for Kotori and Chihaya.

orz missed voting

Any word of what Harvest Festa would entail?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 01:01   Link #1040
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Unless stated officially, I stand by the belief that Terra is no one's route but Kotarou's and if not his then the culmination of Rewrite as a story itself. Embedded within the middle then would be the climax in the story.

Spoiler for Terra:

So that leaves, for me, Moon route being the route where one "romances" Kagari. Just my own two cents. And I've got nothing against the character, personally.

Edit: Broken ankles can make you fall into retrospection... I'm in a right conundrum regarding character leitmotifs of Key through the years. Listening to each right now and trying to gauge their connections to the characters and afterwards rating them is a pointless, but fulfilling exercise for me. Is the best theme Nagisa? Summer Lights? Gentle Jena? Boys don't cry? Soft Windflower? Daisy? Theme of SSS? Run? The fox and the grapes? By the way, to all Key fans, one should really look up key medley KSLA arrange in youtube, it's a fascinating trip through your emotional downturns in memory lane...Bah, I'm talking too much...

Last edited by Balzac; 2012-01-06 at 01:24. Reason: blubber
Balzac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel