AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-01, 22:33   Link #61
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
And now that you mention it, where's this bull about him trying to capture a live Vagan? He didn't say a damn thing about the Vagan he saved Max from in episode 24, or anything about the Vagan in episode 25. Hell, the only one whose shown any kind of initiative in trying to capture a Vagan soldier is Asem.
You have poor memory. Flit cut of a head/cockpit off a Vagan MS to get intel from a live Vegan preventing him from self destructing. What Kio is doing now.

The pilot committed suicide than be taken alive.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 22:38   Link #62
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You have poor memory. Flit cut of a head/cockpit off a Vagan MS to get intel from a live Vegan preventing him from self destructing. What Kio is doing now.

Your point being?

Flit did that because he wanted to get his hands on the helmet technology, not because he cared for the pilot's life like Kio...
Old 2012-08-01, 22:41   Link #63
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Your point being?

Flit did that because he wanted to get his hands on the helmet technology, not because he cared for the pilot's life like Kio...
He didn't know about the Mu-zell helmet until he got his hands on it. Try again.
Old 2012-08-01, 22:48   Link #64
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Quote:
By pissing everybody off killing civilians left and right. Really logical and rational. When they can just go there and announce to the media about the Mars colonization cover up.
Are you trying to tell me that Vagan military and Vagan civilians are the same thing? You are quoting this as if the civilians made an irrational decision, which would only be the case if they knew exactly what was going to happen.

From Vagan standpoint, having a leader that could lead them to earth, would sound like a godsend to the people. It's the same with Nazi Germany. The people thought Hitler was great because he made a bunch of promises that sounded wonderful. Yes, the people were tricked with petty lies, but that doesn't mean they are at blame for the actions of a deranged madman.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 22:48   Link #65
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Poor memory my ass, I just watched the episode, I still have ALL of them on file. Yes, he cuts off a Dorado head and prevents it from detonating along with the rest of the mobile suit. But he doesn't say he did it to capture the pilot. He in fact doesn't say a damn thing about the pilot. In fact, no one says a damn thing about the pilot, just the person who dragged him out of the cockpit shook their head to indicate that no, he did not survive. Flit didn't even bat an eyelash, he was more interested in the helmet he was wearing.

I don't give a crap about whether the pilot commit suicide. I do give a crap about the facts, and what you're saying doesn't mesh up with what's being presented.

Amendment: In the next episode Flit does mention said dead pilot. He does not, however, say he intended to capture him, for intel or otherwise, only mentioning him concerning the impending autopsy report that may confirm his suspicions on what damage the helmet does.
Old 2012-08-01, 22:54   Link #66
kakakka

Quote:
He didn't know about the Mu-zell helmet until he got his hands on it. Try again.
It was to get their hands on any info they can get. Technology highlighted on the episode.

Nevertheless, it was not of compassion that he retrieved the Dorado head.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 22:55   Link #67
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I don't give a crap about whether the pilot commit suicide. I do give a crap about the facts, and what you're saying doesn't mesh up with what's being presented.
Fact Flit hasn't killed a defenseless Vegan in his entire life. He took that Vegan to interrogate for intel not love him.

You don't care about these facts.
Old 2012-08-01, 22:57   Link #68
kakakka

Quote:
Fact Flit hasn't killed a defenseless Vegan in his entire life.
He killed many Vagans in Gen 1 alone.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:01   Link #69
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Fact Flit hasn't killed a defenseless Vegan in his entire life. He took that Vegan to interrogate for intel not love him.

You don't care about these facts.
Doesn't matter that he hasn't killed a defenseless Vagan. What does matter is that he intends to wipe the whole lot of them out, regardless of their suffering. Just because he hasn't acted out on it successfully mean that it's right for him to say such things or advocate the practice of such things to other people like the woman he's mentoring or his children and grandchildren. Like Revolutionist said, genocide is wrong. Be it in advocation of it or practice of it, it is still inherently wrong.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:06   Link #70
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
He killed many Vagans in Gen 1 alone.
All combatants. Didn't I say Flit did not kill in cold blood.

There is a difference between somebody who fights back to somebody who can't.

Flit hates Decil and defeated him but with his conscience can't kill a defenseless 7 year old right there and there.

Gerra Zoi tried to bait Flit to shoot but Flit couldn't just pull the trigger.

You are shooting at him yeah you are an acceptable target. Otherwise Flit still has his morals and a professional soldier despite being jaded by years of Vegan atrocities.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:08   Link #71
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Geera Zoi isn't your best example because chances are Flit would've pulled the trigger within a few more seconds. Maybe as a mishap due to how much he was trembling in fury or maybe deliberate or both, but chances are he would've fired. He simply didn't get the chance because Grodek shot first, so we'll never know for sure. Try again.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:24   Link #72
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Geera Zoi isn't your best example because chances are Flit would've pulled the trigger within a few more seconds. Maybe as a mishap due to how much he was trembling in fury or maybe deliberate or both, but chances are he would've fired. He simply didn't get the chance because Grodek shot first, so we'll never know for sure. Try again.
By that Grodek saved Flit from ever crossing the line. Don't you get it Flit hesitates killing the defenseless as he would become what he hates. Somebody who takes lives easily.

Even when Decil returned he was a non-issue in the big picture. Flit doesn't even bother to sortie in AGE-1 except when Assemu and Kio are in danger.

Flit will come the fork once again and he will hesitate.

For now nobody can convince Flit Vegans are worth saving. For that to happen reconciliation must start from the Vegan side to show they have redeeming qualities.

Flit is right whatever their issues it doesn't justify their acts of mass murder.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:35   Link #73
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
By that Grodek saved Flit from ever crossing the line. Don't you get it Flit hesitates killing the defenseless as he would become what he hates. Somebody who takes lives easily.
Well, Grodek isn't around to stop him from crossing the line now, is he?

Quote:
Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. But back then, Flit was a teenager who was relatively unexperienced with the true horrors of war, who had JUST lost someone important to him and he certainly wasn't acting rational and wasn't in his right mind.

Honestly, I don't think he'll hesitate. He's grown up a long way and is far more experienced in combat. To quote Andrew Waltfeld and countless other people from real life who have been in the military, "it gets easier". That is, pulling the trigger, killing people, etc... it gets easier. And Flit, who is now much older, much more experienced, and most importantly, has experienced a lot more loss in his life (from Grodek to Woolf to his own son for a time), so he's considerably harder than he was when he was 14 in generation 1.

Quote:
Flit is right whatever their issues it doesn't justify their acts of mass murder.
This much I can agree on, but it goes both ways--what he's experienced doesn't justify any possible acts of mass murder he could commit. For example, the millions of people who were murdered in horrific events such as the Holocaust were terrible, terrible acts, but did people let the victims do the same to the race or nation of people whose members did those same acts? Generally, no they weren't allowed, and the few times where it DID come to pass were also seen as horrible, condemnable acts.

So yes, the Vagans' suffering does not justify their actions during the war. Likewise, Flit's suffering would not justify any similar actions. Just because he hasn't done them yet doesn't change that simple fact.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:36   Link #74
kakakka

Quote:
All combatants. Didn't I say Flit did not kill in cold blood.
He did kill them in cold blood. They're aliens/monsters afterall that killed his family.

Quote:
Otherwise Flit still has his morals and a professional soldier despite being jaded by years of Vegan atrocities.
That's also the thing I find interesting. He has a strong set of morals. It's not just about his hatred against Vagans, but also how he viewed them as total monsters. No question, Flit only wants the best for those dear to him. He was a nice kid and later a model commander. But that strong moral, the strong sense of being a saviour, also what drives him to want the Vagan gone. Now that he's not a soldier and in his old years, I look forward to what he will do. It wouldn't be long till he's gone, and now that Asemu and Kio has diverted away from his vision plan for them, Flit will probably do something to see the Vagans eliminated in his life time.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:53   Link #75
kakakka

Quote:
He was teenager that time. But later, we see how he wanted them gone; his new saviour oath.

Quote:
Even when Decil returned he was a non-issue in the big picture. Flit doesn't even bother to sortie in AGE-1 except when Assemu and Kio are in danger.
On the side about Flit vs Desil, it also shows how it's not about his hatred on Desil for using Yurin anymore that drives Flit.

Quote:
He won't.

Quote:
For now nobody can convince Flit Vegans are worth saving. For that to happen reconciliation must start from the Vegan side to show they have redeeming qualities.
Flit does not care. He viewed them as monsters since Gen 1. Whatever face of redemption they try to show Flit now, it wouldn't justify their nation's acts of murders for decades against the people living in Earth Sphere.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:15   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
He did kill them in cold blood. They're aliens/monsters afterall that killed his family.
You don't know the meaning of the term do you? In Cold Blood means premeditated murder.

Flit hasn't murdered anybody yet. In this context Flit hasn't killed non-combatants.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:22   Link #77
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I wish you Flit apologists would apply that to the Vagans too, because iirc you guys were saying Fram was a cold blooded murderer by association with Zeheart even though she doesn't have a single enemy combatant kill to her name, much less civilians.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:31   Link #78
kakakka

Quote:
You don't know the meaning of the term do you? In Cold Blood means premeditated murder.
Well, it has been thrown around. "To kill without remorse" I mean. You didn't say murder.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:37   Link #79
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Well, it has been thrown around. "To kill without remorse" I mean.
Not applicable in combat.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:40   Link #80
kakakka

Not in my point of view.

Tags
characters