AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 03:41   Link #681
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Haha, it's not the first and the last time he will give me that look. Anyway, I hope that Felix will stop peeing everywhere. It might be too late for that, given that he is 10/11 months old, but at least he won't do it that much any more?
If he was already spraying before you got him fixed.... errr, success is not always guaranteed. Hopefully your vet told you that before he charged you.

Even our cat who was fixed at the "right time" (early before puberty: six-eight months) still sometimes backs up against walls/furniture and goes through the motions (vibrating butt and tail) though nothing is happening.
Old 2012-07-27, 16:21   Link #682
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

He did warn me that, but he also told me that cutting his balls off might reduce future incidents.

I am also worried that he is going to grow fatter from now. That is one possible problem that I might have to face. Felix will have to cut back on his treats.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 16:27   Link #683
Cyanoctopus
I'm Stupid
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Cyanoctopus
Just measure the food you give him and feed him twice a day, that's what we had to do with my mom's cat.
Old 2012-07-27, 20:44   Link #684
Elestia

My brother actually found a kitten outside our house. We eventually nursed it back to health and called it Rogue. We have one black cat named Fortune who really hates Rogue and often gets into a spat with the him when they're in the same room.

Rogue loves biting our hands every time we try to pet him and has tons of energy darting between our rooms and whatnot.
Old 2012-07-27, 22:46   Link #685
Cyanoctopus
I'm Stupid
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Cyanoctopus
Oh my goodness that kitten is adorable~~
Old 2012-08-12, 09:15   Link #686
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I bought that cat shirt for Felix almost half a year ago. Now he could no longer fit in it! Rather mean of me, but it was funny when he tried to walk with that shirt on. He shot me a death glare numerous times.

Old 2012-08-30, 16:21   Link #687
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Felix's water fountain arrived today! Instead of the dull, stagnant water he was forced to drink everyday, this fountain filters water, and the way water shoots up from the hole certainly makes drinking a new exciting activity for Felix. I have been concerned about his lack of water these past few weeks, ever since his castration.

Old 2012-09-01, 23:44   Link #688
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
He did warn me that, but he also told me that cutting his balls off might reduce future incidents.

I am also worried that he is going to grow fatter from now. That is one possible problem that I might have to face. Felix will have to cut back on his treats.
Kind of a late response... but our cat is also fixed and he thinks he's some tiger in India - very muscular very energetic. So mileage may vary. He gets the usual "indoor cat food" (Max Cat by Nutro, about a cup a day plus occasional table bits) and he's about 10 pounds.

Just play with him regularly and watch the weight and tune the kibbles.
Old 2012-11-08, 13:09   Link #689
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

My kitten MrFluff (he is about 7 months old) hes a lil rascal but loves a good cuddle and a real poser

Old 2012-11-08, 16:53   Link #690
willx
Nyaaan~~

Didn't realize this thread existed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Is it safe to come out yet?

(This is MY cat btw.. pretending to be a mouse..)
Outlook is positive
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 15:44   Link #691
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Fluff Ball =)
Old 2013-04-25, 14:02   Link #692
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

I almost forgot that this thread exists.

Anyway, I have been taking care of my friend's pet hamster called Choco for a few days now, and she gets along very well with Felix surprisingly.

Felix have been so fixated on Choco to the point where he stays by Choco's side almost 24/7. It's great that Felix has taken an interest in her, since I sometimes feel sorry that I don't always allow him to venture outside.
Old 2013-04-26, 00:11   Link #693
HasuMasu
*Artist

I used to have a really fat hamster like that, there was another one but it died really quickly.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:22   Link #694
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Felix have been so fixated on Choco to the point where he stays by Choco's side almost 24/7. It's great that Felix has taken an interest in her, since I sometimes feel sorry that I don't always allow him to venture outside.
Fixated huh... thats a nice way to put it

Remember that scene from jurassic park with the T-rex staring into the car...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 00:40   Link #695
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
I used to have a really fat hamster like that, there was another one but it died really quickly.
Really sorry to hear that, but yeah, hamsters don't have long lifespan unfortunately. My friend had another hamster named Bella before Choco, and she died at 5 months old.

Choco eats a lot, but what surprises me is that she eats cheese. Cheese!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Fixated huh... thats a nice way to put it

Remember that scene from jurassic park with the T-rex staring into the car...
Fixated is the right vocab, because he wouldn't leave Choco's side for even a second! Quite an obsession, don't you think?

Are you comparing my Felix with T-Rex? How dare you
Old 2013-04-26, 01:44   Link #696
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Oh you found the thread!
I tried to find it last week, but the search function failed me. Apparently you can not search for 'pet', it's too short.

I am pretty sure Felix can feel his instincts trying to tell him something. ('eat it, eat it!') He just isnt sure what it is.
Our cats did the same when we found an escaped pet bunny in the garden.
Maybe it was too big to fit the prey scheme, but it's certainly very interesting and so fluffy!

Anyway better don't leave the two of them alone together for too long.

Here's a nother cat.
Still same old cat (name's Bruno), but new cellphone cam.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 01:47   Link #697
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Oh you found the thread!
I tried to find it last week, but the search function failed me. Apparently you can not search for 'pet', it's too short.

I am pretty sure Felix can feel his instincts trying to tell him something. ('eat it, eat it!') He just isnt sure what it is.
Our cats did the same when we found an escaped pet bunny in the garden.
Maybe it was too big to fit the prey scheme, but it's certainly very interesting and so fluffy!

Anyway better don't leave the two of them alone together for too long.

Here's a nother cat.
Still same old cat, but new cellphone cam.
Spoiler for space:

Yes, the search function failed me too;i spent a couple of minutes scanning through all the thread titles.

Oh yes, actually I am not sure either whether I should allow the two of them hanging out together that often, cause there have been a couple of times when Felix got a bit aggressive.

Your cat is quite fat! How heavy is Bruno? Felix is around 6kg.
Old 2013-04-26, 01:55   Link #698
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

The cat's not fat!
You should see his nephew, that one is fat! (will post a pic later maybe).

He's actually quite slim. For a Karthäuser male that is.

I am not sure about the actual weight, because he's officially my sisters cat. He just spends most of his time in my appartement and follows me around outside when I'm home.
But should be somewhere over 8kg at least. Which is not much for such a tall cat (should put something next to him, so you get the right scale... like my sisters dog. A Chiwawa... ).
Old 2013-04-26, 02:02   Link #699
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
The cat's not fat!
You should see his nephew, that one is fat! (will post a pic later maybe).

He's actually quite slim. For a Karthäuser male that is.

I am not sure about the actual weight, because he's officially my sisters cat. He just spends most of his time in my appartement and follows me around outside when I'm home.
But should be somewhere over 8kg at least. Which is not much for such a tall cat (should put something next to him, so you get the right scale... like my sisters dog. A Chiwawa... ).
Haha, still looks fat to me! Maybe because I have seen a lot of stray cats that I am not used to a cat's normal weight. Anyway, Bruno is very cute. I especially like his eyes. He's like a Halloween cat.

Your sister has a dog too? Won't they get into fights? You know, I haven't actually seen a dog and a cat fighting each other before. Is it just a myth that dogs hate cats and vice versa?
Old 2013-04-26, 02:12   Link #700
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

We always had cats and dogs.
These cats, who were born into our household have been living with a dog for all their live. And said dog also was living with cats from the time of being a whelp.

So they know how to live together.

Important is, that the cats have their places they can go to and be at peace. Because dogs can be quite annoying. Like on top of furniture, or outside.
It also helps that the cats are about 3 times the size of the dog in this case.

If you have an adult dog, that has not been living with cats however, it will most likely see the cats as prey.
And even if that does not happen, they have a lot of trouble communicating. Their species have quite the opposite signals for important things. This is something they need to learn.

Tags
pets, photography