AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-03-11, 18:34   Link #9281
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK141 View Post
I don't know whether its me or because I am reading other manga. But lately this manga has been feeling a little bland every time i read a new chapter , and I love this series so much D:, just doesn't have the same feeling as it used to.
I don't care for the character designs all that much. They started going south with volume 21 and that to me is a major "meh" factor. I still like the manga a great deal, but I miss the character designs that had Hina, Nagi, and the others look cute rather than having their faces smashed in somehow so they look like they need haircuts.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 00:15   Link #9282
JPblueser
Guitarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK141 View Post
I don't know whether its me or because I am reading other manga. But lately this manga has been feeling a little bland every time i read a new chapter , and I love this series so much D:, just doesn't have the same feeling as it used to.
Well, you are not alone. I feel almost exactly the same.
Then again, every series has its "weak" moments.

I've just watched a bunch of other series in a row (like Chuunibyou) and got a bit spoiled with some very nice stories. "Hayate" right now is a bit stale with a slower pace and happy-go-lucky plot. A few chapters back when Hata tried to push the whole bet thing as a serious matter, it just didn't work for me. Now that he is turning it back to "slapstick comedy" (as in the latest chapter), I think the story could turn a bit more enjoyable.

But, to be honest, the current arc is one of my least favorite ones...
Old 2013-03-12, 12:59   Link #9283
madmac

I like the mangaka arc when it's actually moving. The problem is that Hata decided upfront that he was going to do an arc that would take at least 3 months in story to complete, and he wasn't going to skip over any of that time. That was not a good decision.

At least it's heading to a conclusion now. The whole thing should be wrapped up in a few months at most.

I'm a little burnt out on HnG at the moment compared to a year or so ago, but even so I almost always enjoy the chapters a great deal when I read them, and really there's nothing wrong with that. I've been reading HnG for over three years now, it's inevitably going to be less exciting then it was when it was fresh.

(Imagine the people who've been reading for almost nine years...)
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 15:31   Link #9284
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Interesting chapter. Hopefully this time Hayate wont have to stalk/aid Nagi going there. I assume Hina and Chiharu will come along for the trip.
Old 2013-03-12, 16:59   Link #9285
GlassesLady
dat apple

In before Nagi gets so lost she doesn't even make it back in time for Comiket.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:52   Link #9286
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:50   Link #9287
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Isumi: "Since when did you think that Hokkaido... is not on my route to Kyoto?"

That sounds oddly plausible.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 19:53   Link #9288
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
well I'm no suprised!

it look like Nagi just find some trouble, I wonder what next?
Old 2013-03-16, 23:40   Link #9289
II Maestro

Old 2013-03-17, 05:16   Link #9290
sky black swordman

^ ".........." You can't be serious, Izumi ?
Old 2013-03-17, 12:25   Link #9291
Shadow5YA

After seeing that panel with Ruka looking sadly at Hayate, I think Ruka might still win the contest but will forfeit instead because she couldn't manage to win Hayate over Nagi.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 10:30   Link #9292
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Hehe... Izumi's is adorably silly. Anyway, looking forward to Nagi's manga .
Old 2013-03-21, 07:58   Link #9293
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

So the development team was given 1 billion Yen and the thought that blowing their entire budget on graphics was a bad idea didn't even cross their minds until after they had finished wasting all that money? Seriously? On graphics no less, not even gameplay where it could get by with average-at best graphics. I feel bad for the guy that has to foot the bill. And even worse for Nagi since she's going to have to tell him that the dev team screwed up and he may end up completely and utterly fucked. On the bright side though, this does count as an interesting experience so it could end up as good material for her manga.
Old 2013-03-21, 08:17   Link #9294
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
So the development team was given 1 billion Yen and the thought that blowing their entire budget on graphics was a bad idea didn't even cross their minds until after they had finished wasting all that money? Seriously? On graphics no less, not even gameplay where it could get by with average-at best graphics. I feel bad for the guy that has to foot the bill. And even worse for Nagi since she's going to have to tell him that the dev team screwed up and he may end up completely and utterly fucked. On the bright side though, this does count as an interesting experience so it could end up as good material for her manga.
They'd probably budgeted an appropriate amount for every part. And then their budgets exploded, as they're wont to do.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:06   Link #9295
mitsuganae

Some amusing fourth wall bashing this time. I'm sure some people will read god knows what and the kitchen sink into the episode from Nagi's manga. Could've done without the Hina "service."
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:12   Link #9296
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

if that is the real manga. then i can see ruka end already.

also it's been 100 chapter since Nagi move house. Woahh...

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 13:25   Link #9297
madmac

Quote:
Some amusing fourth wall bashing this time. I'm sure some people will read god knows what and the kitchen sink into the episode from Nagi's manga. Could've done without the Hina "service."
He has to throw in a splash page of Hina naked every 100 chapters at this point, it's obligatory. Surprised there's no character poll this time though.

Loved the chapter personally, just because most of the fourth wall skewering was dead on.

Quote:
if that is the real manga. then i can see ruka end already.
We already know it's not. I'm 99% sure we'll get to see Nagi's real doujin when we get to the competition like we did Ruka's.

Quote:
also it's been 100 chapter since Nagi move house. Woahh...
Even longer, in fact. I don't remember what chapter they got the new house anymore but it was well before Chapter 300. At this point the whole Violet Mansion/Mangaka storyline has been around longer then the entire Mykonos arc.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-03-24 at 13:41.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:39   Link #9298
ChampDream
Alive

the only think I find funny about this chapter is the no-tits character, since she represent what Nagi think of Hina.
if that the manga then I'm guessing some weird stuff happen in the competition.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:44   Link #9299
Lisemer

Maybe no poll this time because Nagi didn't even make it in the top 10?
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 15:22   Link #9300
madmac

Quote:
Maybe no poll this time because Nagi didn't even make it in the top 10?
The end mentions insert color pages next week, so I think they just pushed it back a chapter.

Also, you're crazy. The top 3 in every poll has been exactly the same:

1. Hina
2. Currently popular character (Maria, Athena, maybe Ruka this time.)
3. Nagi.

The only character that Nagi has never polled higher then is Hina. Nagi and Hina have the most stable fanbase of all the characters in HnG, imo.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-03-24 at 16:15.

Tags
comedy, shounen