AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2017-05-01, 05:40   Link #11241
Kon the Magnificent

Hey. I like that full circle right there between Hisui and the mom. The mom said similar words to Hayate about his paying for his sins. Say what you want, but Hisui was entertaining and her final appearance makes me wish she showed up more.

It was a great ride. I thoroughly enjoyed and loved this series. Still love it actually. My only gripe is that Yukiji and Maria didn't appear in the final chapter. Maybe there will be a special chapter, an epilogue to reveal the fates of everyone. I highly doubt it will happen, I just want to know what happened to my main woman, Yukiji, and my main girl, Maria. Is it too much to ask for some closure?

Damn, I'm going to miss this series. I'll reread it in a month or two.
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 08:03   Link #11242
Utkarsh Ray

Just finished reading the final chapter.
The ending wasn't too bad for me once we knew what Hata-sensei really wanted.
It is interesting that Nagi and Hayate in the colour spread at the end of chapter are from CTMEOY, Nagi's dress looks exactly the same.

Over the years, it has been quite the ride.
Utkarsh Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 11:22   Link #11243
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I'm of two minds,

I liked the ending is Hayate and Nagi, but I'm sad that Maria was completely left out (Except for fake Maria 2 chapters ago) and that poor Hina confessed (and was obviously turned down).

Nishisawa (Sp?) was sorta shafted in the ending though already got hers 3 chapters ago.

But WHERE IS MARIA!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 11:39   Link #11244
Fairy Water

It's no surprise for me that Hayate wants to devote his life to Nagi after everything but... I dunno I don't feel that love sensation from him. But it's not like I feel it when he is with any other girls. Maria is more like lust while Atan is like guilt or sth.

Well I'm happy for Nagi. She grew and got a reward. I don't like seeing her live and work like a normal human being though.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 23:48   Link #11245
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm hoping they have an epilogue of sorts for Ayumu and Maria, but I'm not holding my breath. Ruka didn't get an appearance either but at least she was mentioned. Kajiki-sensei and Aika were the only other semi-important characters to not appear. Not too important but it's kind of sad when even Fumi and Sharna get a panel.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 00:14   Link #11246
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca_toys3 View Post
It was meant to be Nagi from the start. I'm very glad the author was firm and didn't change his decision. No other ending makes sense actually and it would've been really weird if Hayate ended up with someone other than Nagi while the most important person to him still being Nagi.
Hayate literally has no character development unless it involved A-Tan. You literally get his entire back story and reason of being in one amazing arc. The entirety of this series felt like it was riding the backseat to that arc, and it honestly should have ended once that arc was done with. It's like it was written by a different person because it came out of nowhere and profoundly changed how we looked at Hayate.

Hayate ending up with Nagi is like someone dating their first baby sitter. It's so backwards and the story would have actually been better off had he not gotten with anyone as at the very least Nagi would have actually matured and developed on her own to be her own.

But whatever. It is a lost cause now lol

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 00:25   Link #11247
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

And for the record I joined into this around page 186. Four hundred something odd pages / EIGHT YEARS AGO.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...45#post2718545

Fuck I was right then, it really should have ended after Athena lol

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 04:16   Link #11248
orca_toys3

If it is a lost cause, then let it be. Whatever should've happened in my opinion, has happened. Perhaps it would've been better if it had happened long ago but it's fine anyway. This proves that no matter what Hayate goes through and whoever he goes through with, at the end Nagi is the most important to him. Life means nothing to him if Nagi is not a part of it. And Nagi did develop, both with and without him. And if Athena has played a big role in the development of Hayate, hats off to her, it just proves how a goddess like character she is. Nagi was and became even more relatable, by not being a perfect person. And that made her and hayate perfect for each other.
orca_toys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 05:01   Link #11249
3000forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Hayate ending up with Nagi is like someone dating their first baby sitter. It's so backwards and the story would have actually been better off had he not gotten with anyone as at the very least Nagi would have actually matured and developed on her own to be her own.
As noted by someone else above, Nagi's development didn't necessarily directly involve Hayate. In fact, her two years to confirm her maturity was done off-panel without Hayate.

Anyway, regardless of how you perceived the circumstances of their meeting, the fact of the matter is that this finale actually removed those obstacles that you speak of. "Baby sitter" and "baby" or "mistress" and "butler." And Nagi's ongoing maturity throughout the series was also silently removing the other obstacles to them starting a romantic relationship. These were just a few among other things. There's also the removal of the debt, the setting off of the bomb/misunderstanding and the subsequent resolution. You might disagree with how Hata handled things, but he did handle things in his own way. Almost everything was resolved even if you disagree with the resolution. The things left unresolved were actually minor nit-picks.

Again, just because the majority of vocal fans didn't like it, this doesn't mean the vocal majority are correct. No one is objectively correct here. It's always subjective when it comes to how we perceive these things. Now if we were just judging based on commercial success and marketability -- then perhaps you win. I'm personally not interested in that. Perhaps someone more inclined to know about such things can come up with statistical data to support any claims towards that. Again, that's not my cup of tea, so hats off to you guys who just wanted this manga to die so badly because the author didn't write it the way you wanted it to be written -- if you turn out to be correct.
3000forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 20:41   Link #11250
NapoleonDeCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000forever View Post
No one is objectively correct here. It's always subjective when it comes to how we perceive these things. Now if we were just judging based on commercial success and marketability -- then perhaps you win. I'm personally not interested in that. Perhaps someone more inclined to know about such things can come up with statistical data to support any claims towards that. Again, that's not my cup of tea, so hats off to you guys who just wanted this manga to die so badly because the author didn't write it the way you wanted it to be written -- if you turn out to be correct.
For someone allegedly being so clear on being allowing of subjective opinions, you seem awfully quick to call others out on how they phrase their own opinions when they don't agree with yours.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 22:00   Link #11251
3000forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
For someone allegedly being so clear on being allowing of subjective opinions, you seem awfully quick to call others out on how they phrase their own opinions when they don't agree with yours.
You're misunderstanding and already judging me -- amusing.

When those opinions appear to be stated as fact, yes. I will call them out as opinions. When those opinions are stated clearly as mere opinions, I leave well enough alone. I am very clear on how subjective and biased my opinions are, and I expect the same of others. Again, especially true when the subject matter is something that cannot be objectively measured.

Also, please don't make this implicitly or expressly personal. I judge the comment, not the person behind it -- unless I have a history with said individual. I have no issues with you, but you're already making an implied judgment call on me here without really addressing anything I've said.

It seems I'm in the minority and any further discussion is now moot and academic at this point, anyway. You can rest easy. This is my last post here.

Last edited by 3000forever; 2017-05-05 at 23:13.
3000forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-24, 08:07   Link #11252
NapoleonDeCheese

That's nice from you. Be happy wherever you are now, then.
Old 2017-06-17, 15:08   Link #11253
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Spoiler for Maria:

After the ship sunk Hata dropped a bomb in it for good measure
Old 2017-06-17, 16:36   Link #11254
grecefar

Say what!???
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 14:58   Link #11255
AstroNerdBoy

Yeah, this is a bomb and a half alright. Talk about out of the blue. No wonder the Chinese and Japanese are going nuts. I've got more stuff here.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 16:09   Link #11256
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

welp, apparently there's a lower half of my posted screenshot, and the gist of it is like this:
Originally, Mikado's wish was to find Maria's parents, which will reveal her as Hayate's sister. But even before that, the plan was to reveal Maria as Hayate's sister even earlier as Hata didn't plan the manga to continue for so long. Things happen, and eventually the planned plot of Maria being Hayate's sister was abandoned.

So, relax guys! It's a false alarm.
Old 2017-07-04, 19:33   Link #11257
NapoleonDeCheese

By this point, why should anyone care? It's not like it makes any real difference on anything of what happened either way.
Old 2017-07-05, 02:53   Link #11258
Hamazura_Shiage

Hata destroyed all my ships en 1-2 years, at this point I really don't care haha
Old 2017-12-05, 22:49   Link #11259
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Classic Hata-sensei.
Just share this because this criticism the misplaced smartphone setting syndrome.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 00:22   Link #11260
Hamazura_Shiage

Clasic Hata

---------------
Still really MAD cause she won, I'm not going to forgive you Hata C:

Tags
comedy, shounen