AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-08, 03:43   Link #681
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

waddya mean?? >=3
Old 2012-01-08, 10:38   Link #682
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
it's not going to beat eva 2.0 >_>
Nobody is saying that it's going to beat Eva 2.0. I, personally, still believe that its theatrical run will top out under $20 million (though, depending on how this weekend's box-office take looks, I may have to raise that number to under $25 million.) Eva 2.0 just makes a useful point of comparison; because it did spectacularly well for an anime film, and its box office numbers are very easy to find.
Old 2012-01-15, 03:39   Link #683
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

^ that's good to hear. my k-on fanaticism had already died down, so i won't be happy if it beats eva 2.0. =3
Old 2012-01-15, 07:01   Link #684
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://www.japan-academy-prize.jp/test/prizes/35.html

K-On! Movie is nominated for the Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year. Really hitting the big leagues now.

Past winners and nominees for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_A...on_of_the_Year
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2012-01-15, 09:00   Link #685
Goggen

Wow. That is awesome.
Old 2012-01-15, 13:06   Link #686
risto90

aaah i cant wait for subs >.>
Old 2012-01-16, 00:16   Link #687
all_flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
http://www.japan-academy-prize.jp/test/prizes/35.html

K-On! Movie is nominated for the Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year. Really hitting the big leagues now.

Past winners and nominees for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_A...on_of_the_Year
I bet it would be another Ghibli wins. But, it still impressive given that K-ON! Movie got pass trough other candidates like Pokemon Movie or Macross F movie.
Old 2012-01-22, 08:03   Link #688
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
so when does Awards starts?
Old 2012-01-22, 11:00   Link #689
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
so when does Awards starts?
As far as I can determine, March 2nd. It's going to be quite the wait until we find out that Osamu Tezuka's Buddha (being a film about a fairly dense subject matter that has toured the international film festival circuit makes it hifalutin' film academy bait right there,) or possibly Poppy Hill, wins the prize.

In box office news, according to Box Office Mojo, the K-ON! movie (Eiga Keion!, as it's known on Box Office Mojo)came in at #13 on the weekend of 14-15 January, with a take of over $374,000. That was drop of about 26% from the week previous, and with eleven fewer screens. It's total box-office run now stands at $19.66 million dollars.

If the trend holds, when box office numbers come out for the weekend of 21-22 January, I expect the film will make in the neighborhood of $245K - $270K, bringing its total domestic gross to just shy of $20 million. Looking at the per-screen take from previous weeks (it pulled in nearly $3000 per screen last weekend, making it more profitable on a per-screen basis than any other movie outside the top four, except for Himizu, which debuted last week at #9,) it may just hang on for quite a while longer.
Old 2012-01-24, 21:51   Link #690
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

And this week's numbers are in. According to Box Office Mojo, the K-ON! movie held steady at #13 last weekend. In spite of dropping 26 screens (rather more than I thought it would,) it pulled in about $290K (quite a bit more than I thought it would,) bringing its total box office run to about $20.3 million dollars (which exceeds $20 million, so another prediction of mine busted. However, I'm sticking to my revised prediction that it will top out under $25 million.)
Old 2012-02-02, 21:15   Link #691
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
Haven't had much time for the forum lately, but discovered that the movie is showing at a theatre 20 minutes away, and wanted to help out.

It's about 1:45 long.
Spoiler for Minor spoiler about the time spent where:
I went at the last showing of the day, 21:50. Not particularly many people, although the previous showing had less available seats according to the theater site. There were a few girls there, including two who came by themselves instead of with their boyfriends. Also two sumo wrestlers... Very quiet. During the Kyoto Animation logo at the very start, and a few moments during the end credits without music you could've heard a pin drop.

Oh, and none of the English lines had Japanese subtitles.

I'm not good at writing reviews, but I liked it a lot. Basically, it's what to expect from a K-On movie. If you like the show, you'll probably like the movie as well, and vice versa. One possible complain could be that most of the songs played are already existing ones.

I was given a sheet like this for reporting points on. There's a backside too, apparently for those who are planning to see it 24 times... Hey, if you know how to get money from otaku, why not?

Well, that sheet lists the dates as December 5th to February 29th...

Basically every thing I can remember about it, which is a whole lot:
(although, since I also spent the day doing the second easiest JLPT level, there was quite a lot of dialogue that I didn't understand)

Spoiler for MAJOR SPOILERS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Hikari is a rock'n song! YUI'S ENGLISH IN Gohan wa Okazu (Eiga Mix) IS TOOOOO FEAKEN ADORABLE! the Live Movie versions are good!

just spotted something about the music
Spoiler for Yui's English:
Old 2012-02-08, 00:28   Link #692
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Another week, another chunk of movie trivia!

As of last weekend, the K-On! Movie has pulled in a box office gross of $21,419,792. It held steady at #13 for two weeks, but last weekend, it fell to #15. Its per-screen take fell to $2355, multiplied by 88 screens.

To put this into perspective, it's about a third of what Mission Impossible 3 did in Japan. Only Mission Impossible 3 opened on 636 screens . . . or over 4.5X the number of screens the K-On! movie ran on.
Old 2012-03-02, 09:38   Link #693
rulfo

And... K-ON didn't win the award

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_A...on_of_the_Year
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-7784.html
Old 2012-03-02, 14:07   Link #694
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
And... K-ON didn't win the award
Yeah, the Ghibli movie won. What a shock. /sarcasm

Old 2012-03-10, 08:40   Link #695
James2705

Is it possible to find the k-on! movie anywhere online :s (I hope this isn't against the rules since it said the seasons are licences...) I've searched for ages and it's been like 5 months since it came out, can't find anything..
Old 2012-03-10, 08:48   Link #696
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2705 View Post
Is it possible to find the k-on! movie anywhere online :s
You probably won't see it anywhere online until it's released on DVD/BD, unless someone in Japan decides it's worth risking prison time to make a camrip.
Old 2012-03-10, 08:51   Link #697
James2705

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
You probably won't see it anywhere online until it's released on DVD/BD, unless someone in Japan decides it's worth risking prison time to make a camrip.
Ahh, I guess stuff like that would be very strict over in japan . dammmn. it's gonna be a long time then D:
Old 2012-03-10, 10:01   Link #698
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James2705 View Post
Is it possible to find the k-on! movie anywhere online :s (I hope this isn't against the rules since it said the seasons are licences...) I've searched for ages and it's been like 5 months since it came out, can't find anything..
The most someone managed to camrip are the opening and ending credits. It is, indeed, very risky to camrip as it can result in no-kidding prison time and K-ON! was pretty popular (as far as anime films go,) so theatre staff were especially vigilant during its run (it ran from the start of December to the middle of February.)

The Blu-Ray or DVD won't come out until at least the June through September timeframe. Fansubs will probably come out a couple weeks after the discs drop in Japan. So call it no sooner than July and more like October when the fansubs are out.

As for the movie itself being licensed . . . the movie may be picked up by Sentai Filmworks (assuming S2 doesn't bomb for them, or their license acquisition binging doesn't do them in first,) around April of 2013 . . . with the US market discs dropping in November of that year.

So . . . tl;dr . . . you're in for a bit of a wait.
Old 2012-03-10, 10:13   Link #699
James2705

ahh I see, thanks for clearing it up both of you . -waits for the movie- sighh
Old 2012-03-26, 16:19   Link #700
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
What are the chances that there might be a cheaper Official Asian/Hong Kong version of the BD/DVD release? I want to buy it, but the JP release is too pricey even if it is K-ON.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life