Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-21, 15:55   Link #181
Vash1306
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I don't understand how it can only be 8 episodes, someone explain please
From what I read, it was because of time slot issues. Next week the 4 episode "The Seven Deadly Sins" special starts airing.
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 17:49   Link #182
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash1306 View Post
From what I read, it was because of time slot issues. Next week the 4 episode "The Seven Deadly Sins" special starts airing.
Ironic since the last end card featured art from Nakaba Suzuki
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 19:58   Link #183
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I'm actually quite sad that it has come to an end for now. Honestly stopping a series pretty much at its climax would have fans looking for blood. Arslan finally makes up his own mind and will stand against his father and Hilmes and bam it's over. Although I understand the time slot situation it's still maddening as fan to not only get 8 episodes but to not even know if the series will continue with a 3rd a season or a series of OVA. Ugh seriously irritated
Old 2016-08-21, 20:42   Link #184
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Who cares about 7-Sins and Gundam orphans, I much rather watch this series!
Speaking as someone who love Arslan, Gundam IBO is actually a good series which many people has been waiting for the second season . Don’t know about the 7-Sins. I did see the first season but I fast-forwarded the cheesy parts of it (eg. the power-level hype, twist and shenanigans that most shounen series of its ilk use). 7-Sins do have a heart (like Boku no Hero Academia), but I think it didn't tell the story in a fresh way as a number of parts of the show are super-cliche in a bad way. I don’t know, it just didn't grab me the way Hunter x Hunter did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Also, is it just me or did the animation quality fall apart this season? I mean, some of the battles were just meh in terms of quality. Still, good season. 7/10.
It's not just you, as I already addressed it in my previous post. The animation quality plummeted this season. That's one reason why I'm glad it only has 8 episodes. A shame, when the character designs and the setting are gorgeous.
Old 2016-08-21, 23:09   Link #185
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I'm actually quite sad that it has come to an end for now. Honestly stopping a series pretty much at its climax would have fans looking for blood. Arslan finally makes up his own mind and will stand against his father and Hilmes and bam it's over. Although I understand the time slot situation it's still maddening as fan to not only get 8 episodes but to not even know if the series will continue with a 3rd a season or a series of OVA. Ugh seriously irritated
Very much this. Now that war is looming large, it's very insulting the fans to stop the show right there. Knowing how much money that series generated in its first season, it would have been right for the production company to fund whatever is necessary to have the series go all the way until a satisfying cutting point. The broadcasting company can shove that timeslot issue up their arses.

One last question: are most of Arslan's closest companions supposed to go and fight without gearing themselves up? I have a hard time thinking Narsus, Elam, Alfarid, Gieve, and Farangis not loading themselves with extra armor, extra arrows, daggers, or whatever else that can either protect them or kill others. I usually expect a king's/prince's closest companions to be carrying the finest equipment, and loads of.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2016-08-21 at 23:25.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 23:39   Link #186
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well ... all I can say is that I really hope this anime adaptation of the franchise does not stop with this last episode.

On the one hand I am glad for 8 more episodes. On the other hand ... ugh.
Old 2016-08-21, 23:44   Link #187
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
One last question: are most of Arslan's closest companions supposed to go and fight without gearing themselves up? I have a hard time thinking Narsus, Elam, Alfarid, Gieve, and Farangis not loading themselves with extra armor, extra arrows, daggers, or whatever else that can either protect them or kill others. I usually expect a king's/prince's closest companions to be carrying the finest equipment, and loads of.
IIRC the author never really specified about the armors wore by Arslan’s team aside from Daryun the black knight and Arslan’s own armor. Heck, I don’t think he ever specified Farangies outfit in the early part of the story. He just said that she wore priestess clothes. That’s why I can’t really argue with Arakawa’s design on her clothes taht much because, literally, anything goes as long as it’s a priestess outfit that covers her privates as she has the protection of the Djinns to some degree and confidence in her skill. I guess the author left those up to the readers’ imagination in some occasion unless what the team wore plays important role in the plot.

As for weapons such as sword, daggers, bows and arrows and spears: Each member usually take care of their own weapons. We see in some occasions in the series how Farangies and Elam took care of their bows and arrows and Daryun took care of his sword. They always re-stock their arrows when it's available. If not, Elam and Farangies usually made them themselves. Oh and Gieve pretty much can do almost everything including taking care of his weapons and making arrows, or asking Elam when he's feeling lazy .

Other readers are welcomed to correct me if I’m wrong as my memory might fail me.
Old 2016-08-22, 05:56   Link #188
Yamada II

Episode 8

So things were getting so epic here and they had to end it. Arslan accepted Etoile's request to save Innocentis and he wouldn't kill the Lusitanians but would kick them out. Hilmes got his hands back on the Rakhunabad, swiping it from Bodin who wanted to start his own little country in the former Maryam lands which means the time for him to march for his throne is perfect. And Andoragoras is also going to march with his army to Ecbatana. So we have three Parsian armies under three different people heading towards the same city and all of them want the throne for themselves. Their common goal is kicking out the Lusitanians, but they want to sit on the throne after that. They are all taking advantage of the Lusitanians being in trouble because of their own power struggle. When they meet, there will be four parties at odds with each other. And they just had to end things like this. Dammit.

Overall this season was quite good much like its prequel. The animation quality did see a fall as the fights weren't as good as they were in the previous season. That's my only complaint here. Everything else was pretty damn great. Now we need more episodes to wrap up this epic battle.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 06:58   Link #189
VyseLegendaire
Sky Pirate

Send a message via MSN to VyseLegendaire
People used to wonder if the cliffhanger from the original Arslan OVA 4 could be bested, but here they have done so in the most epic fashion, with an adaptation of the very same franchise decades later.

G + : http://goo.gl/KLYOEf
GFAQs : http://goo.gl/deehk9
Disqus : http://goo.gl/CNvEDt
VyseLegendaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 07:45   Link #190
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So Arslan arrived in the coastal city with his small band of companions and leaves with an army that numbers in the thousands. Where did they come from? He made some friends and allies there, but not that many to my mind, and they all suddenly have uniforms and armor. What did I miss?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 10:37   Link #191
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gilan has an armed force. Arslan is now the governor of Gilan, so that force is presumably his to do with as he pleases. That was how I took it. Of course, there was a timeskip of sorts here and I also think it's possible that as word got out that Arslan had set up shop in Gilan, some soldiers loyal to him might have gathered there. Plus - Daryun is worth at least 5000 men, right?

It's the sort of detail that gets lost when you cram so much into one episode. I do agree some sort of explanation would have been helpful.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 17:38   Link #192
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IIRC the author never really specified about the armors wore by Arslan’s team aside from Daryun the black knight and Arslan’s own armor. Heck, I don’t think he ever specified Farangies outfit in the early part of the story. He just said that she wore priestess clothes. That’s why I can’t really argue with Arakawa’s design on her clothes taht much because, literally, anything goes as long as it’s a priestess outfit that covers her privates as she has the protection of the Djinns to some degree and confidence in her skill. I guess the author left those up to the readers’ imagination in some occasion unless what the team wore plays important role in the plot.

As for weapons such as sword, daggers, bows and arrows and spears: Each member usually take care of their own weapons. We see in some occasions in the series how Farangies and Elam took care of their bows and arrows and Daryun took care of his sword. They always re-stock their arrows when it's available. If not, Elam and Farangies usually made them themselves. Oh and Gieve pretty much can do almost everything including taking care of his weapons and making arrows, or asking Elam when he's feeling lazy
Yeah, well.... Considering all I have seen in movies and learned from documentaries, battles from Antiquity through Medieval times can be quite brutal and utter chaotic when it's up close and personal. So it would be difficult to imagine the majority of Arslan's companions going out there without armor knowing the chaotic nature of battles. Of course, Farangis is an extremely strange one off though.

As for the weaponry, it was more about the concept of being "loaded for bear". It's something of a classic scene nowadays when you see your protagonists gearing themselves up at the armory (i.e. taking a good load of secondary weapons on oneself). With the context of the upcoming battle, that would be quite appropriate when we will (hopefully) get there.

Too bad we have no one on Arslan's team who is a good fighter with an axe. For diversity's sake, Alfarid would be more of a badass with an axe.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 18:29   Link #193
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
As for the weaponry, it was more about the concept of being "loaded for bear". It's something of a classic scene nowadays when you see your protagonists gearing themselves up at the armory (i.e. taking a good load of secondary weapons on oneself). With the context of the upcoming battle, that would be quite appropriate when we will (hopefully) get there.
Arslan's team always re-stock their weapons when there's an armory available and they bring what Narsus thinks as necessary (god knows what's in his head). Elam is largely responsible for the weapon logistics as per Narsus' policy. Usually, Farangies and Alfarid will help Elam on his job.

As for armors and battle gears that they wear in each battle aside from Arslan & Daryun, as I posted before, the author often leave that part to the readers' imagination. One thing is for sure, Farangies rarely wear any armors
Old 2016-08-22, 19:34   Link #194
Wandering Soul

Well, that's one hell of a cliffhanger.

Hopefully we get another season.
Old 2016-08-23, 02:36   Link #195
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'm so damn triggered, did this really happened and they ended the season on the biggest cliffhanger of the last 5 years or so? It makes my blood boil.
Old 2016-08-23, 20:58   Link #196
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it was a good 8eps liking Silver Mask a lot but the king is such a jerk

7/10 hopfully the new season will be a full cour or more
Old 2016-08-24, 01:25   Link #197
Ultragunner

I wonder if they only make 8 episodes on purpose to have such a big cliffhanger , that or they just ran out of budget
Old 2016-08-24, 02:40   Link #198
RDNexus

People really don't read previous postings, do they?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 03:11   Link #199
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
People really don't read previous postings, do they?
Nope. Kinda makes answering their questions moot, too, since they're clearly not going to see it unless it's the most recent post the next time they check the thread...
Old 2016-08-24, 22:03   Link #200
BPD Renegade

Well, I enjoyed episode 8 vastly more than episode 7, but overall, I didn't really like this season. Everything was overly rushed to the point where it felt more like I was watching a synopsis of the events that were happening rather than an actual show. Also, the self-righteousness of the leads began to become irksome in that they were continually portrayed in a do-no-wrong manner, regardless of what they were doing, simply because they were the MCs. In this way, I liked the king's statement that all royal families are tainted with blood once you take away the glamour. Speaking of the scene, I really want to know what was in that secret message. Anyway, 6/10 from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Who cares about 7-Sins and Gundam orphans, I much rather watch this series!
Raises hand. Don't know about Sins, but I actually prefer Iron Blooded Orphans to this season of Arslan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
From what I've taken from a certain blog related to the Novels, Vol05 got adapted in 3 episodes and Vol06 in the remaining 5, with each episode sharing the title with the respective chapter of the Novel.
Not much of a surprise since Season1 kinda did the same, making it easier to check what each episode adapted (in a sense).

Vol07 also has 5 chapters (all volumes seem to have), so maybe a 4/5-episode special could be done later on to finish the adaptation of Part1 of the Novels.
If it's only 5 chapters, they should have just done a full cour and put the Nana specials in later. Throwing specials in randomly in the middle of cours and cutting other shows short (especially if there's literally only one volume left to Part I) is incredibly disorganized. It's kind of annoying.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote