2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-03-04, 22:29   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 46 Discussion / Pol

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 46.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 03:44   Link #2
Irenesharda

Well, Tekkadan has officially had their first loss.
I love how Mika wasn't playing after that, Julietta kept talking but he wasn't even responding back. He skewered her, but sadly it wasn't enough to kill her.

McGillis fights Gaelio, but its obvious that Kimaris is stronger especially with the Ein system in play. They fight a good duel though and Macky shows his sword skill as he is able to outmanuver Gaelio, even while only having two swords as weapons. However, that's where Gaelio's superior arsenal numbers show their advantage as while Macky disarms him of his lance, Gali still has his knee drills.

McGillis is about to be killed but Isurugi steps in and sacrifices his life for Macky. It's actually pretty sad as Isurugi is basically cut in half. He tells McGillis to retreat along with Tekkadan. Where what's left of McGillis' forces along with Tekkadan's last ship leave to go back to Mars.

Rustal's forces are pursuing and it looks like Rustal has bought out the Ares commander as well.

It looks like Mars shall be Tekkadan and McGillis' last stand. Emotions are running high as everyone after Shino's death, people are arguing, blowing up, it's really a dark moment, especially for Orga who is quite lost. He does seem to find his way though at the end, again, after a talk with Mika. (not like the last time, but a more relaxed one)

Julietta is okay, though I'm wondering what they'll do with her. Since she didn't die this time, I'm sure she's going to be Mika's opponent in this last battle. Gaelio will face McGillis again, and perhaps if Iok goes out there, Orga can go out and fight and take him out?

We're first going to have to find a way to get back on Mars though. The Mars Gjallarhorn forces seem to be blocking the way.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 04:05   Link #3
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Throughout this whole war, Rustal had it under control.

From sending Galan down and successfully destroying the Earth Branch by weakening their morale and causing Takaki to quit, to using Iok's connection to the Teiwaz to nearly destroying Mars as well as destroying Tekkadan's connection to Teiwaz and the destruction of the Turbines to the point they can't even have their ace pilots to help Tekkadan. And now this, Rustal has proven himself to be quite the effective villain after last season having nothing but blundering villains.
Old 2017-03-05, 04:35   Link #4
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Throughout this whole war, Rustal had it under control.

From sending Galan down and successfully destroying the Earth Branch by weakening their morale and causing Takaki to quit, to using Iok's connection to the Teiwaz to nearly destroying Mars as well as destroying Tekkadan's connection to Teiwaz and the destruction of the Turbines to the point they can't even have their ace pilots to help Tekkadan. And now this, Rustal has proven himself to be quite the effective villain after last season having nothing but blundering villains.
I think you are contributing a few too many things to Rustal. Guy IS a good villain, but he's not omnipresent.

Galan's mission had little to do with Earth Branch Tekkadan, it was basically to make Macky look bad. Tekkadan was just a tool to be used. Takaki quitting was his own decision based upon the fact that he has a family to look after. Iok did almost potentially destroy Mars by awakening the MA, but that was Iok's own idiocy. Tekkadan, Teiwaz, and the Turbine's relationship was broken because of many things, but mostly because of Jasley and Iok, Rustal had very little to do with it other than Iok wanting to look good for him.

Rustal does have his list of sins under his belt, but you don't have give everything to him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 05:07   Link #5
tdx

The episode addressed many loose ends that we've talked about before, from Yamagi's crush on Shino to Orga's indecisiveness to Mika showing he's not just a mindless attack dog, etc, hence I consider it a great episode.

It was sort of interesting how McGillis' retreat was decided based on Tekkadan's retreat, the whole fleet falling in line with Tekkadan's judgement, heh. And they all used the Turbines' unofficial routes to retreat.

Eugene taking command and vetoing Orga's orders was a sight to behold. Now I'm really starting to believe that he's capable of understanding and supporting Orga, taking part of the burden off him and being Orga's much needed confidant.

Mika thinking long and hard and putting in words his role in the fiasco to Orga was nice and surprising. Orga finally seeing a clear picture of what's going on with himself and Mika was overdue, too, it cleared his doubts and set his resolve. "Give me your everything" is acceptance from his side, a willing one with full awareness and determination, this time not because Mika forced him to. It's wrong, but their relationship was never healthy, and right now that kind of acceptance and resolve is probably Tekkadan's only chance to survive.

To say I was surprised Julietta didn't bite it is an understatement. She's going to get strong as human, whatever that means, so no Ein incoming. Still, even if her Julia is destroyed, her surviving overpowers Rustal's side too much.

Was sad to see Isurugi go. But he did so protecting McGillis, and McGillis wasn't unaffected by that, so it's not like he absolutely didn't care about him. I'm desperately hoping that Isurugi's last words to Gaelio, about how a colony born person like him didn't have a future before McGillis found him, didn't fall on deaf ears, and Gaelio will turn on Rustal and his preservation of the rotten status quo when the time comes (although he was going on about how the dream McGillis showed Isurugi was fake...)

Derma is surprisingly alive but misses an arm and says that he wishes he was dead now that he can't pilot. But Akihiro doesn't agree. Still, Tekkadan is down a capable pilot.

As we surmised in the spoilers thread, Mars really is going to be the last line of defense. I didn't expect for Martian HQ chief, McGillis' own protege Arae Proto, to turn on McGillis though. I guess it goes to show how deep-seated GH corruption is.

Now, how the hell McGillis and Tekkadan are going to take on Rustal without those 10 Halfbeak class ships and 40-something MS McGillis expected to get from Martian HQ...

p.s. Hush said Atra changed somehow, so I guess she and Mika did it and she's a woman now...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I love how Mika wasn't playing after that, Julietta kept talking but he wasn't even responding back.
He said "Disappear", and then "Enough of your babbling already".
Quote:
We're first going to have to find a way to get back on Mars though. The Mars Gjallarhorn forces seem to be blocking the way.
Arae refused to give McGillis' ships permission to dock at Ares, informing McGillis that all of his titles and positions within GH have been revoked (so I guess that means the remaining 7 stars labeled him as a traitor after the defeat)

Last edited by tdx; 2017-03-05 at 05:21.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 05:36   Link #6
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Arae refused to give McGillis' ships permission to dock at Ares, informing McGillis that all of his titles and positions within GH have been revoked (so I guess that means the remaining 7 stars labeled him as a traitor after the defeat)
Either that, or Rustal just up and lied. Also, we see Rustal looking at Arae's file. I'm not sure if he bought him off or was always in his pocket.

So, though the PV didn't show a battle next week, I'm interested in how they are going to get back on Mars then?

Quote:

Eugene taking command and vetoing Orga's orders was a sight to behold. Now I'm really starting to believe that he's capable of understanding and supporting Orga, taking part of the burden off him and being Orga's much needed confidant.

Mika thinking long and hard and putting in words his role in the fiasco to Orga was nice and surprising. Orga finally seeing a clear picture of what's going on with himself and Mika was overdue, too, it cleared his doubts and set his resolve. "Give me your everything" is acceptance from his side, a willing one with full awareness and determination, this time not because Mika forced him to. It's wrong, but their relationship was never healthy, and right now that kind of acceptance and resolve is probably Tekkadan's only chance to survive.

To say I was surprised Julietta didn't bite it is an understatement. She's going to get strong as human, whatever that means, so no Ein incoming. Still, even if her Julia is destroyed, her surviving overpowers Rustal's side too much.

Was sad to see Isurugi go. But he did so protecting McGillis, and McGillis wasn't unaffected by that, so it's not like he absolutely didn't care about him. I'm desperately hoping that Isurugi's last words to Gaelio, about how a colony born person like him didn't have a future before McGillis found him, didn't fall on deaf ears, and Gaelio will turn on Rustal and his preservation of the rotten status quo when the time comes (although he was going on about how the dream McGillis showed Isurugi was fake...)
I'm happy Eugene is growing into himself as a leader. Orga has had to stand on his own for too long. I'm happy that Orga and Mika have at least discussed their codependence, even though it's so ingrained in them now, that there's really nothing they can do about it. But at least they are on the same page.

As for Isurugi, I was glad he got a chance to talk to Gaelio and I really hope that his words planted a seed as well. In a way, Gali is smarter now, but he's also just as naive as he was before. He can see the truth is some places, but is still far too trusting in others.

As for Julietta, while I hear her words, I just think making the Julia into the Julietta is far to obvious a plotpoint to not do. I mean, they've been alluding to it, and you're not going to have her sit out of this last battle. Also, Mika has to have someone on equal footing for him to fight. And Julietta isn't going to get any stronger before the final battle.
Perhaps Rustal decides for her, or manipulates her into getting it done? I mean, that mad mechanic would be more than happy to. This could be the thing that finally opens Gaelio's eyes to what and who Rustal really is.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-05 at 05:47.
Old 2017-03-05, 05:42   Link #7
tdx

Quote:
Either that, or Rustal just up and lied. Also, we see Rustal looking at Arae's file. I'm not sure if he bought him off or was always in his pocket.

So, though the PV didn't show a battle next week, I'm interested in how they are going to get back on Mars then?
If Arae was truly pro-McGillis, he wouldn't be fazed by a lie from Rustal. McGillis said to him, "You're refusing us clearance to dock at Ares? Do you even understand your position?", and Arae looked gloating when he said, "It is you who doesn't understand his position, ex-General."

Tekkadan can just use the civilian port they always used to get down to Mars by shuttle. I think Arae won't fight anyone by himself, he will wait for Rustal's forces to arrive before the true last battle can start.
Old 2017-03-05, 05:59   Link #8
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
I'm desperately hoping that Isurugi's last words to Gaelio, about how a colony born person like him didn't have a future before McGillis found him, didn't fall on deaf ears, and Gaelio will turn on Rustal and his preservation of the rotten status quo when the time comes.
Same as Ein..??
Quote:
p.s. Hush said Atra changed somehow, so I guess she and Mika did it and she's a woman now...?
Well, everyone were on Hotarubi at that time..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:00   Link #9
devilo96

Well
Eps 47:no action...
Eps 48:last war...
Eps 49:final
Kinda funny they solve this war with only 2 eps...
I mean last season IBo need 3-4(from biscuit until the last eps) eps to finish their conflict
And how they solve this war....i hope another exam system for akihiro
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:01   Link #10
Irenesharda

Quote:
If Arae was truly pro-McGillis, he wouldn't be fazed by a lie from Rustal. McGillis said to him, "You're refusing us clearance to dock at Ares? Do you even understand your position?", and Arae looked gloating when he said, "It is you who doesn't understand his position, ex-General."

Tekkadan can just use the civilian port they always used to get down to Mars by shuttle. I think Arae won't fight anyone by himself, he will wait for Rustal's forces to arrive before the true last battle can start.
Poor Arae, he had a chance and now he's going to die. He doesn't understand McGillis is from the hood. He's tired, annoyed, lost his best man...he doesn't have time for your crap!

He can be smug all he wants, but Mars branch has never really been that strong. It wouldn't take much to push them over.

Would Arae allow them to even use the civilian port? They are allies of McGillis which would put them all in the same boat. I'm really interested in what they are going to do next because McGillis isn't just going to stand around and wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Well
I mean last season IBo need 3-4(from biscuit until the last eps) eps to finish their conflict
And how they solve this war....i hope another exam system for akihiro
It's actually about the same formula as last season to a T. They have a fight for an episode which ends in an OG member's death (Biscuit last time, Shino this time), they shifted it around a bit in order to finish the battle and had the beat down of the person who cause the member's death (Carta before, Julietta this time) before they had time to settle down and lick their wounds. Orga will give a final speech about what they are fighting for, before going on to the final battle, which only takes about two episodes (24 and 25 in season 1).

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 06:20   Link #11
tdx

Quote:
As for Julietta, while I hear her words, I just think making the Julia into the Julietta is far to obvious a plotpoint to not do. I mean, they've been alluding to it, and you're not going to have her sit out of this last battle. Also, Mika has to have someone on equal footing for him to fight. And Julietta isn't going to get any stronger before the final battle.
Perhaps Rustal decides for her, or manipulates her into getting it done? I mean, that mad mechanic would be more than happy to. This could be the thing that finally opens Gaelio's eyes to what and who Rustal really is.
Manipulation or brainwashing certainly is not out of question. Though I would probably hate to see Mika spend the final battle mostly on her. There is another something that worries me about the matchups: Gaelio proved to be more than McGillis can handle unless it's some kind of a suicide stand, and McGillis even lost one of his irreplaceable swords. So logically, you'd want Mika not McGillis going against Gaelio's Kimaris. So maybe some sort of tag team battle?

Quote:
Poor Arae, he had a chance and now he's going to die. He doesn't understand McGillis is from the hood. He's tired, annoyed, lost his best man...he doesn't have time for your crap!

He can be smug all he wants, but Mars branch has never really been that strong. It wouldn't take much to push them over.

Would Arae allow them to even use the civilian port? They are allies of McGillis which would put them all in the same boat. I'm really interested in what they are going to do next because McGillis isn't just going to stand around and wait.
Yeah, I kinda liked Proto when he was introduced. He didn't seem to be prejudged against Tekkadan, and was even good-natured in his exchanges with Orga... Too bad.

I'm guessing he'll be busy defending Ares and blocking McGillis from entering, so he won't have much leeway to worry about Tekkadan's sole ship and the civilian port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Same as Ein..??
Probably not... Julietta seems to be a little less of a nutjob, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Well
There will be episode 50 as well, so 2.5 episodes for the final "final battle" should be enough for this show's pacing.
Old 2017-03-05, 06:23   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just had this nightmarish realization that since Arianrhod were able to found Julia, it's possible that they were also able to find Flauros and then give the damn thing to Iok to use it to slaughter Tekkadan & co with yet another dainsleif attacks!! I hope that doesn't happen but IBO likes to torment the audience this season, so you can never tell .

Also, I heard McGillis & ShinoYama is trending on Twitter now? What's that all about?
Old 2017-03-05, 06:27   Link #13
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I just had this nightmarish realization that since Arianrhod were able to found Julia, it's possible that they were also able to find Flauros and then give the damn thing to Iok to use it to slaughter Tekkadan & co with yet another dainsleif attacks!! I hope that doesn't happen but IBO likes to torment the audience this season, so you can never tell .
doubt it, the last time Barbatos was damaged from the fight with Hashmal, it's took weeks for it to get repaired, and Flauros is damaged far more extreme this time
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:30   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
doubt it, the last time Barbatos was damaged from the fight with Hashmal, it's took weeks for it to get repaired, and Flauros is damaged far more extreme this time
But the travel from Earth to Mars also took weeks at best relative to both planet's orbital alignment .
Old 2017-03-05, 06:35   Link #15
tdx

Quote:

Also, I heard McGillis & ShinoYama is trending on Twitter now? What's that all about?
Oh come on, Iok isn't scary even in the most powerful Gundam Frame. He'll just miss.

Seriously though, I doubt Rustal would bother picking up Flauros' remains, he has no use for it when he already has a whole damn Dainsleif unit at his beck and call.

Btw, Tekkadan and McGillis will still need to come up with some kind of counter to those Dainsleifs, or they're as good as wiped out, as this battle showed.

Everyone and their mother knew about Yamagi's crush. Shino knew, too, although it took him a veeeery long time to catch on.
Old 2017-03-05, 06:37   Link #16
Irenesharda

Quote:
I actually wouldn't mind. Why? Because if Iok goes out there in Flauros? He's dead. Pure and simple. Yamagi will personally make it his mission to arm whoever goes out there to fight him to the teeth, and stow some nasty surprises too.

I kind of want Orga to fight him. Iok killed Naze and destroyed the Turbines, woke up the MA which ultimately cost Mika half his body, and now he dares to use Shino's machine? Yeah, let Orga finally get some use out of that Shiden. Also, it would work with Orga's lack of combat experience since Iok can barely aim anyway!

Quote:
Manipulation or brainwashing certainly is not out of question. Though I would probably hate to see Mika spend the final battle mostly on her. There is another something that worries me about the matchups: Gaelio proved to be more than McGillis can handle unless it's some kind of a suicide stand, and McGillis even lost one of his irreplaceable swords. So logically, you'd want Mika not McGillis going against Gaelio's Kimaris. So maybe some sort of tag team battle?
All it would take would be to guilt trip her in that she didn't finish her mission and imply that she failed him. She would say that she will go out there to fight, but he tells her nicely that she's too injured. She pauses and doesn't know what to say, but then Rustal goes in with the "But what if..." and she's hooked.

It's just that, there's not enough known combatants on Rustal's side. We have Iok, Gaelio and that would be it. Julietta needs to be out there. Macky will be fighting Gali, so Mika will need someone and he sure as heck isn't going to be fighting Iok. (the battle would last two seconds)
So, either Julietta and Julia gets fixed somehow, Rustal goes out there himself, or Julietta goes the Ein route.

Quote:
Well she is getting up there though. Her "Rustal-sama"s are beginning to give "Crank-nii!" a run for its money!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 06:46   Link #17
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
I was referring Isurugi & Ein (the colony born thing)..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 06:51   Link #18
Skaddix

Well Tekkadan has home field advantage. I am not sure you can use Dansliefs on a planet not to mention its far more public so I doubt Rustal uses them.

Iok might not even die at this point. Rustal is on the scene and is explicity stopping him from doing anything stupid. As the Defender of the Status Quo losing more Seven Stars aint on the agenda.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 07:06   Link #19
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Well Tekkadan has home field advantage. I am not sure you can use Dansliefs on a planet not to mention its far more public so I doubt Rustal uses them.

Iok might not even die at this point. Rustal is on the scene and is explicity stopping him from doing anything stupid. As the Defender of the Status Quo losing more Seven Stars aint on the agenda.
The problem is, no one on Earth cares what happens to Martians, especially if they never hear about it. Rustal could use that to his advantage.

As for Iok, we need combatants to fight our heroes. Nameless ones are fine for people like Dante, Chad and even Akihiro, but Mika? You need him to be fighting a known person. We have Iok and Gali right now. Gali sets his sights always on Macky, so that leaves either Juli or Iok. I think Rustal will let Iok out to play by this point. Kid always messes up when he's off the leash. And I can't see them letting the guy who set up and murder the Turbines, get away with it. No matter his luck.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 07:28   Link #20
Skaddix

Well my point was two fold.

1) Firing An Atmosphere not the same. They don't have the rail gun.

2) Rustal likes dotting his i's and crossing his t's ergo lot more risk of being caught false flagging in populated areas then in some random location in space between Earth and Mars.

3) I am not saying Iok cant die but its hardly satisfying watching Mika Roadkill him. That is not a final fight. So a real foe is going have to step up. Unless all Seven Star Gundam come equipped with AV Ein style system.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote