AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-11-23, 17:42   Link #28181
suiton629
Master Grade Master

How is Exia Trans Am and 00 Raiser Trans Am. Worth buying?

Also, what are you top 5 Gundam series and top 10 MG kits?
Old 2012-11-23, 17:57   Link #28182
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I find it odd that they've got the the TV Wing Zero design there, but are using the Endless Waltz title.
There was a chapter in Glory of Losers where they showed Wing Zero's back in the background.

http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...ers_Cap_19.jpg
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:06   Link #28183
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ah, I see. I suppose this makes the one side-story where he apparently modified the Wing Zero into its Endless Waltz design somewhat canon?
Old 2012-11-23, 18:18   Link #28184
bio9205
Reborn

Woah. Bandai must really be on a roll, spamming out MGs like that. We almost have the whole of 2013 covered!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:20   Link #28185
kakakka

Quote:
Ah, I see. I suppose this makes the one side-story where he apparently modified the Wing Zero into its Endless Waltz design somewhat canon?
Really? I haven't heard about that until now. When did he changed the wings? If its between the TV ending and EW, no, because they showed Wing Zero Angelic Wing Ver. in the flashback in the OVA/Movie when shooting the Libra remains.

Looking at the back of my Robot Damashii Wing Zero, looks like there's going to be a little change if they go with the image and decided to change a bit.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:45   Link #28186
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
How is Exia Trans Am and 00 Raiser Trans Am. Worth buying?

Also, what are you top 5 Gundam series and top 10 MG kits?
Nope. But if you're a red/pink/orange/violet gunpla collector like me, then it might be. The Exia Trans-am might be forgivable, but the 00 Trans Raiser is too much.

Since this is a model discussion thread, I'd only answer my top 10 MG kits:
  1. Sinanju
  2. Red Frame Kai
  3. Aegis
  4. White Zeta 2.0
  5. Sword Impulse
  6. Zaku J. Ridden 2.0 / Char's Zaku 2.0
  7. Marasai
  8. Titus
  9. 00 Trans-Raiser
  10. Infinite Justice

This is in no particular order. But definitely my top 2 are Sinanju and Red Frame Kai and dalong agrees with me. Sorry for making my list all in shades of red, you know I'm sucker for red. But if you'll ask me to add some non-red, then it would be the ff:

Blue Frame
Generally, all 2.0s are good!
Destiny
00 Gundam 7S/G
Blitz
Buster
Heavyarms
Deathscythe / Hell

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:45   Link #28187
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Nope. But if you're a red/pink/orange/violet gunpla collector like me, then it might be. The Exia Trans-am might be forgivable, but the 00 Trans Raiser is too much.

Since this is a model discussion thread, I'd only answer my top 10 MG kits:
  1. Sinanju
  2. Red Frame Kai
  3. Aegis
  4. White Zeta 2.0
  5. Sword Impulse
  6. Zaku J. Ridden 2.0 / Char's Zaku 2.0
  7. Marasai
  8. Titus
  9. 00 Trans-Raiser
  10. Infinite Justice

This is in no particular order. But definitely my top 2 are Sinanju and Red Frame Kai and dalong agrees with me. Sorry for making my list all in shades of red, you know I'm sucker for red. But if you'll ask me to add some non-red, then it would be the ff:

Blue Frame
Generally, all 2.0s are good!
Destiny
00 Gundam 7S/G
Blitz
Buster
Heavyarms
Deathscythe / Hell
Yea there's really no beating the Sinanju, it's simply gorgeous!
Red Frame would also be my 2nd fav followed by the Hi-Nu.
What comes after them 3 is hard to say as I don't actually own 10 MG yet
Altho what I do have are Blue Frame, MKII, Zeta, Delta Plus and Luka's ISWP, so atm they would be in the list.
List is subject to change when I get more tho and I suspect Nu and Stein will be part of my top 5 next year, really can't wait for them!
Old 2012-11-23, 19:50   Link #28188
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Also, I have to ask: what's with the Nu Gundam design retcon?
Maybe they follow the design from Evolve? Or maybe some Gundam games I never know?

Btw, any Wing MGs are good news to me ^^. More so if they decide to make the MG of TV version.
Old 2012-11-23, 19:56   Link #28189
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Maybe they follow the design from Evolve? Or maybe some Gundam games I never know?

Btw, any Wing MGs are good news to me ^^. More so if they decide to make the MG of TV version.
I'm mainly talking about the Psycoframe its now sporting. Wasn't the Nu Gundam only supposed to have the Psycoframe around the cockpit? Now its sporting it in the arms and legs...
Old 2012-11-23, 20:04   Link #28190
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I'm mainly talking about the Psycoframe its now sporting. Wasn't the Nu Gundam only supposed to have the Psycoframe around the cockpit? Now its sporting it in the arms and legs...
Well, they follow the Ver.Ka in this one. So, who knows? Maybe in some media (Evolve, games, or novels) Nu is designed to have "Destroy Mode" by Katoki .
Old 2012-11-23, 20:07   Link #28191
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Eh, I figure having a full Psycoframe is possible without a Destroy mode. Still feels like a blatant retcon because of the Gundam Unicorn's popularity though.
Old 2012-11-23, 20:14   Link #28192
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Eh, I figure having a full Psycoframe is possible without a Destroy mode.
When I said “Destroy Mode”, I refer to the mode where MG Nu Exposing all the psycho frame like pics showed you. It's not necessarily a Unicorn-like Destroy Mode but looks similar .
Old 2012-11-23, 21:21   Link #28193
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
According to Gundam Guy that is actually the announcement for the "Gundam Wing Endless Waltz - Glory of the Defeated" MG project.
So I suppose that means we are gonna get the Gundams from the latest Wing manga series ^^
I thought we've been getting GOTL kits already.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:07   Link #28194
abc0716

After I read the advises from both Obelisk & firefox (also considered for few days), I decided to start on building HG kits (first). HG GN-X (one of my favorite grunt suits) and HG Justice Gundam (Remaster version) (cheap price on HLJ) will be the first two Gunpla-s I get. Not really sure are they hard to build or not. (Opt to get HGUC S Gundam instead, however it looks harder to build, compare with them)
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:26   Link #28195
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I thought we've been getting GOTL kits already.
We have.

Thing is they have been simply labeled as Endless Waltz up until this point with no sub heading for Glory.

I can't imagine it will actually be that big a deal. No way they actually release the 5 Early types again with just a weapon or two and call them EW/GOTD like some people are speculating.

The only one that I can really see is Wing Ver Ka/EW gets a third release and this one could follow in Strike HD's foot steps and use the XXX G frame just as Strike HD is now using the SEED Frame, though I don't think that will happen either.

My money is Wing Zero TV will be used to introduce a XXXG Frame 2 just as Wing TV was used to introduce the XXXG Frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Really? I haven't heard about that until now. When did he changed the wings? If its between the TV ending and EW, no, because they showed Wing Zero Angelic Wing Ver. in the flashback in the OVA/Movie when shooting the Libra remains.

Looking at the back of my Robot Damashii Wing Zero, looks like there's going to be a little change if they go with the image and decided to change a bit.
It was in a manga that tried to Tie TV to EW but as mentioned it didn't work because of the way they presented the EW's as always being in the series in the first place.

This senario also doesn't seem very likely given the preview of Wing Zero Vs Epyon featured Wing Zero EW when they introduced and promoted the Epyon EW Mastergrade.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:48   Link #28196
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
After I read the advises from both Obelisk & firefox (also considered for few days), I decided to start on building HG kits (first). HG GN-X (one of my favorite grunt suits) and HG Justice Gundam (Remaster version) (cheap price on HLJ) will be the first two Gunpla-s I get. Not really sure are they hard to build or not. (Opt to get HGUC S Gundam instead, however it looks harder to build, compare with them)
If I may suggest, the best HGs (with good proportion & detail) are usually from HGUC (HG from UC universe) and the recent Gundam X HGs and G Gundam HGs. If you like simple Gundam designs, HGs from Gundam AGE line are also really good.

SEED HG line is one of the worst in terms of body proportion (they look dwarfed). Some exceptions are HG Destiny Gundam, HG Legend Gundam, HG M1 Astray and HG Murasame. So, unless you really love Justice Gundam, I won’t suggest you to buy the HG.

HGs from 00 are also quite good and recommendable. So yeah, HG GN-X is a good choice .

Almost all HGs are equally easy to build, so you don't have to worry.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-11-24 at 02:37.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 02:43   Link #28197
abc0716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
SEED HG line is one of the worst in terms of body proportion (they look dwarfed). Some exceptions are HG Destiny Gundam, HG Legend Gundam, HG M1 Astray and HG Murasame. So, unless you really love Justice Gundam, I won’t suggest you to buy the HG.
Oh well, I should really do more research about it, just made the order (on Justice Gundam) before my last post (also cancelled it just after I read your post), hopes that HLJ will not ban me on my sudden move.....
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 05:05   Link #28198
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Oh well, I should really do more research about it, just made the order (on Justice Gundam) before my last post (also cancelled it just after I read your post), hopes that HLJ will not ban me on my sudden move.....
They won't , don't worry
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 08:15   Link #28199
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Ok.. So right now I'm pretty sure that I want:

MG Exia (Trans-Am)
MG 00 Raiser (Trans-Am)

Where is the cheapest place online to get both? I live in the US.

I plan on selling the 8 RG kits as well as a RG Justice (Deactive) on eBay soon. So with that money, I'm hoping I can get at least those 2 MG's and then have some money left over to get some video games, manga, BluRay, anime, etc.
Old 2012-11-24, 09:49   Link #28200
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
If buying from HLJ, probably best to buy a couple of HGs at once to save on shipping.
It will cost you alot more on the long run if you only get 1 or 2 each time.
But if anything maybe waiting for the christmas sale and seeing what deals come up is an option, if you have the patience to wait.

Last christmas I saved like £30 on shipping my MG Hi-Nu and some other stuff from HLJ.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy