AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 25.68%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 17.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-24, 02:51   Link #61
Hakumen
Sankishin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Aww dang. Might have to go look around I guess.
Don't look around too much and end up getting spoiled in the process. You just have to know that the first Muv-Luv game comes with Extra and Unlimited. Unlimited is unlocked by clearing Sumika and Meiya route in Extra.

Once you are done with those, you are ready for the final game. Muv-Luv Alternative, the last part, needs to be acquired separately.

Getting back on topic, the staff sure went all out in this episode. The fight scenes were superb and intense. So they were saving up their budget for the last two episodes or so?

Last edited by Hakumen; 2012-12-24 at 04:23.
Old 2012-12-24, 03:12   Link #62
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Surprised
-The way Scar dude died and right at the start of the episode
-Some girl in that tank.
-Laser class killing
-3-girl operatives that were captured by RLF alive and well.
-RLF guy with knife on map

Shocked
-Twins transferring to the Berkut.
-Yuuya Bridges = Kira Yamato unharmed after direct cockpit skewer
-Sandek wanting to assassinate Yui.
-Inia apparently smiling when Sandek mentioned that.
-No one important died.

Angry
-Yui's mighty TSF wasn't on par with Twins + Berkut, but only due to the former was not at 100%.
-The thought of assassinating Yui.
Old 2012-12-24, 03:29   Link #63
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Surprised
-Some girl in that tank.
-Laser class killing
-3-girl operatives that were captured by RLF alive and well.
-RLF guy with knife on map

Shocked
-Twins transferring to the Berkut.
-No one important died.

Angry
-Yui's mighty TSF wasn't on par with Twins + Berkut, but only due to the former was not at 100%.
Lol same but

I was angry that Yui didn't had the guts to call out Yuuya at the last moment or confess or something!!!
Old 2012-12-24, 04:31   Link #64
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Angry
Angry about Berkut beating a 00F up? I'm surprised Yui even lasted that long.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2012-12-24, 04:42   Link #65
Green²
It's bacon!

I'm not precisely certain what was going on at the end, but they make it appear as though they were discussing the assassination plot. Yet then all of a sudden, it goes on to something about enemies & love rivals.

Awhile after the battle had already ended, you don't see Yuuya and Cryska. So apparently he was captured by the Soviets, and they just probably threw them both into the tank together for whatever medical reason. Time passes, Yuuya shrugs off the obvious atmosphere between Yui and himself by keeping it all formal. Yui meets Ensign Barchenowa, and then they have THE talk.

Freeze it!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

You see that! That right there is the look of mortal fear. The desperate hope that she doesn't find out about what he has done. And yet, Yui doesn't flip the collective shit. Because, she is also keeping a secret from Yuuya, which she failed to tell him as he shrugged her off earlier. When that happened, I don't know. But in both cases for what is certain, Yifei is going to kill him.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:05   Link #66
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I wished they make a "special" Yuuya X Yui reunion OVA.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:37   Link #67
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post
I'm not precisely certain what was going on at the end, but they make it appear as though they were discussing the assassination plot. Yet then all of a sudden, it goes on to something about enemies & love rivals.

Awhile after the battle had already ended, you don't see Yuuya and Cryska. So apparently he was captured by the Soviets, and they just probably threw them both into the tank together for whatever medical reason. Time passes, Yuuya shrugs off the obvious atmosphere between Yui and himself by keeping it all formal. Yui meets Ensign Barchenowa, and then they have THE talk.

Freeze it!

Images

You see that! That right there is the look of mortal fear. The desperate hope that she doesn't find out about what he has done. And yet, Yui doesn't flip the collective shit. Because, she is also keeping a secret from Yuuya, which she failed to tell him as he shrugged her off earlier. When that happened, I don't know. But in both cases for what is certain, Yifei is going to kill him.
So your theory is that Yuuya and Cryska have consummated their relationship, but Yui isn't giving up?

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-12-24, 05:44   Link #68
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green² View Post

Freeze it!

Images

Well that is one heck of a theory you have there son
Old 2012-12-24, 06:40   Link #69
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchelJohn View Post
Well that is one heck of a theory you have there son
It was all Vincent's idea. He got the last laugh.
Old 2012-12-24, 08:25   Link #70
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for Scarface's Fate:

Good riddance!

Anyways, I thought it was a great ending.

The battle sequences were really good and we got to see real emotions coming from the Ice Queen herself.

I did like the subtle shot of Yui watching Yuuya consoling Cryska.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel at that moment since I have mix emotions about it. Those ladies are amazing and I like them equally!

It's still pure winning either way for Yuuya "Dat Freedom" Bridges so it's all good with me! lol

By the way, I did like the salute that they shared since it shows the mutual respect for each other after such a rocky start in their relationship.

To me, it was a nice touching scene overall.

There are moments where you don't need words to show what's really going on.

The way I saw it was that they know she'll return and continue the XFJ Plan.

It's just that at this moment, they're both saddened by her abrupt departure.

Yui's face is more obvious while Yuuya has a more complex look before giving her a final salute to his boss.

I know people wanted a "Bodyguard" moment with chessy music playing and dat slow-mo crap but we know that wasn't gonna happen.

On a more serious note, I'm not gonna lie. My jaw actually dropped when I thought Yuuya bit it back there.

My body would not be ready for that kind of tragic conclusion if it did happened. lol

This is Muv Luv and all, but I'm glad no one got taken out...yet.

It's actually refreshing to go unconventional by what ML does best and not "Tomino" everything that breathes.

I won't give it a rating since I'm not a reviewer or anything like that.

I'm just enjoying the ride (In my Raptor) and hoping that this baby gets ported to North America one day!

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-12-24 at 08:41.
Old 2012-12-24, 09:10   Link #71
klare

Quote:
Surprised
he talked like a final boss but died like a nobody, yup i was surprised

Quote:
Shocked
- i was certain Yuuya will not die but the shock is he barely injured
- Sandek is just doing his job
- actually i am wondering did they cut Inia's story or something, at one point she was hinted to be not as innocence/naive as she looks/acts, i was expecting some twists for her...

overall this show is 6/10 for me, but if episodes 1 and 2 are standalone/OVA, i would give them 8/10
Old 2012-12-24, 10:28   Link #72
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Everyone forgets that together with Scarface we lost a Sestina... may she rest in peace.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:43   Link #73
lubczyk

So, did Stella and Macaroni actually reach the U.S. Anchorage Base for reinforcements or did they double back to Yukon instead? I remember them going there, but that plot point seemed to get drop in the last 2 episodes.
Old 2012-12-24, 11:07   Link #74
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
So, did Stella and Macaroni actually reach the U.S. Anchorage Base for reinforcements or did they double back to Yukon instead? I remember them going there, but that plot point seemed to get drop in the last 2 episodes.
They got some guns from the Raptors. Dont think they made it all the way to the american base, since they had to help with clearing Luxs. And Captain Burnings was riding the one eyed dragon!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-24, 13:37   Link #75
Nyat

Spoiler for Someone familiar...:
Old 2012-12-24, 13:55   Link #76
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyat View Post
Spoiler for Someone familiar...:
I was wondering why people were bringing up his name..
Old 2012-12-24, 14:07   Link #77
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I was watching this just this morning (fittingly enough, on Cryska's birthday).

On one hand I was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- WHY Y U NO CONTINUE!? THERE IS SO MUCH STUFF TO BE DONE!?"

On another, they managed to wrap up anime neatly enough, some of the points while not fully resolved, are at least set forward for a definite conclusion...if we ever get to see a real ending. But then again, that's only fair - because real Total Eclipse has not been concluded either.

Overall, this maybe was not the best mecha show ever; but it did reasonably enough. Personally I liked it, maybe because I never tried to compare it with Alternative. Sure, it's the same universe, but Total Eclipse is an unrelated, test-pilot related side-story. And I felt it did pretty well with that, if you squinted past some obligatory fan service episodes. In fact, the show probably suffers from the simple time limitation - there's just no way to squeeze in all the details an explanations that you can pack into novel or VN.

Spoiler for As for the actual episode::

Well, now all that's left is the Total Eclipse VN~
Old 2012-12-24, 14:23   Link #78
MC117

I hope they make a second season, it can't just end like that.
Old 2012-12-24, 16:06   Link #79
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
I hope they make a second season, it can't just end like that.
Its just a promotional thing for the game. It meant to end anime original way. If it ended the age/muv luv intended way then count your number of coffins.
Old 2012-12-24, 16:32   Link #80
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its just a promotional thing for the game. It meant to end anime original way. If it ended the age/muv luv intended way then count your number of coffins.
But they couldn't have ending it the "age intended way" because story of TE has yet to end. It ended in a similar enough fashion to the point where the novels stopped at.

So yeah, the anime is definitely promotional material for the V/N, but that doesn't mean there won't be another season.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, mecha