AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-10, 12:35   Link #1581
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I can only imagine the look of terror on Kobato's face imagining Sena as a sister-in-law...
"Resistance is futile, you will be pero pero"
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 13:44   Link #1582
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I can only imagine the look of terror on Kobato's face imagining Sena as a sister-in-law...
Well, they look like real sisters anyhow. Still, regarding Kobato, is she fearing for her safety or fear of losing her brother's attention if he feels the same for Sena?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 14:04   Link #1583
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well, they look like real sisters anyhow. Still, regarding Kobato, is she fearing for her safety or fear of losing her brother's attention if he feels the same for Sena?
I think it's a bit of both. She fears for her safety but at the end of the day, she's still a bro-con..
Old 2013-03-10, 15:32   Link #1584
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Isn't Kodaka 16, in Japan I thought at age 16 you are allowed to get married as long as your parents consented and signed the documents to allow it. Seeing Kodaka and Sena's fathers, pretty much it is a done deal well if Kodaka and Sena wanted to unless Sena's mother comes into the mix.
For boys, it's 18 with parental consent.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 17:02   Link #1585
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well seeing as Kodaka cannot get married at his age, it may be the deciding factor in Kodaka's answer to Sena's confession.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 17:05   Link #1586
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
For boys, it's 18 with parental consent.
and suddenly I'm reminded why I aways use words indicating possibility when comparing within that 'law famly' >>

Edit just thought of something.. They might be able to marry after all, since Kodaka could have a second netionality due to his mother not being from japan. (most likely US-Citizenship).
So they might be able to marry using inernational private law. Not entirely sure though. Depends on Japanese IPL

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2013-03-11 at 09:06.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 14:11   Link #1587
taurosground

For some reason, I feel it is highly unlike Sena and Kodaka will get married soon. If they do, I will be very disappointed. I think Yozora's crush on Kodaka can be used to get her back to her original "Sora" state, and if Sena and Kodaka get married soon, it'll be very hard for Yozora to recuperate.

However, I think its very likely Riza will stay as as friend in the next chapter at least. Right now, she is holding Kodaka up. If she becomes uncertain for him as well, he could completely turn away from the Neighbor's Club.

I hope Kate gets involved soon and the president as well.
taurosground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 14:20   Link #1588
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurosground View Post
For some reason, I feel it is highly unlike Sena and Kodaka will get married soon. If they do, I will be very disappointed. I think Yozora's crush on Kodaka can be used to get her back to her original "Sora" state, and if Sena and Kodaka get married soon, it'll be very hard for Yozora to recuperate.

However, I think its very likely Riza will stay as as friend in the next chapter at least. Right now, she is holding Kodaka up. If she becomes uncertain for him as well, he could completely turn away from the Neighbor's Club.

I hope Kate gets involved soon and the president as well.
However losing Kodaka may prove to open more doors for Yozora than would be available if she managed to get Kodaka. Also Kodaka always saw "Sora" as a boy so getting back to that persona isn't necessarily going to win Kodaka for her. If she wants to win him. She'll have to do it as Yozora not "Sora".
Old 2013-03-11, 14:33   Link #1589
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So they might be able to marry using inernational private law. Not entirely sure though. Depends on Japanese IPL
It depends on where they want to marry. Within Japan, the Japanese Civil Code takes priority.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 16:10   Link #1590
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurosground View Post
However, I think its very likely Riza will stay as as friend in the next chapter at least.
No, this friendship will probably last a life-time. He "asked" Rika to become his friend in a very confessional way "Do you want to be my friend?". Rika is a true friend, because she was really thinking and caring about him. She stopped him from running away and he will now go back to Sena.

Quote:
However losing Kodaka may prove to open more doors for Yozora than would be available if she managed to get Kodaka.
A door to heaven, maybe?

It's more likely that Yozora will be so shocked that Kodaka chooses Rika as his friend that she will do something stupid to herself.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 16:38   Link #1591
taurosground

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
No, this friendship will probably last a life-time. He "asked" Rika to become his friend in a very confessional way "Do you want to be my friend?". Rika is a true friend, because she was really thinking and caring about him. She stopped him from running away and he will now go back to Sena.

A door to heaven, maybe?

It's more likely that Yozora will be so shocked that Kodaka chooses Rika as his friend that she will do something stupid to herself.
What I meant was that I personally don't think that Rika will become something more than a friend, although that's just my opinion. She's such an important support that for her to confess might ruin Kodaka.

It seems just like Yozora to do something stupid after hearing something like that, but I hope she'll grow stronger. At this point, learning to live without Kodaka is a make or break; she could be able to make other friends, or she could become totally secluded and depressed. However, I have faith in Yozora because she has friends other than Taka now. Sena and Yozora's hate-love relationship will definitely be expanded upon.
Old 2013-03-11, 16:47   Link #1592
Haiprbim
Banned

Hello everyone.
I feel tempted to read the Light Novel of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai fully, but before I start I would need to know something. If we compare Light Novel with the Anime, which do you guys and laddies personally prefer and if we compare the two, is it worth reading?
Thank-you very much.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:26   Link #1593
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
A door to heaven, maybe?

Ignoring the obvious malaise and hate underlying your every post, a harem that had a main girl die and the subsequent consequences to the stupid male lead + other haremetts would be a welcoming change, especially if the the dead girl had a life goal needing to be accomplished. Sadly Yozora is not planning to go to the Koushien, yet. Just imaging Sena pitching or batting - "Strike two" can have double meanings!
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:32   Link #1594
potchip

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Hello everyone.
I feel tempted to read the Light Novel of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai fully, but before I start I would need to know something. If we compare Light Novel with the Anime, which do you guys and laddies personally prefer and if we compare the two, is it worth reading?
Thank-you very much.
Anime missed a whole lot of internal monologues - such is the medium. If you want to read more into Kodaka's character and his observations of the other characters, LN is the way to go for the subtle characterisations.

If you are the sort of person that focuses on 'events' then there's very little new comparing the adaptations.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 19:36   Link #1595
taurosground

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3tr View Post
Hello everyone.
Thank-you very much.
The Light Novels lets you read much deeper into the story, but if you are accustomed to "reading" stories through pictures, anime would probably interest you more. Also, the light novel style is far different from your typical bookstore novel writing style, so that could cause problems.
Old 2013-03-13, 06:07   Link #1596
AC-Phoenix
Detective

From the more frequent LN reader's experience will the anime...:

...Show the Friend making game?
...'Waste' and entire episode or sum it up in1 4 mins and then go to the attack on Maria's teacherhood?(or the game)

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-13, 06:24   Link #1597
JamJackEvo

That's a little hard to predict because there is still a lot more content for the novels to show before they reach the end of the latest volume, which I believe (predict) is where the anime will end it with an anime-only twist to probably dissuade further seasons.

We're already in the final quarter of the anime's season (3 episodes remaining, in other words), and I'd rather they focus Episode 11 on Sena's confession and the subsequent fallout (the anime's opening credits alluded to this particular scene somewhat, right after Sena's screenshot praying solemnly in the church, so it has to happen) before wrapping it all up in 12. But who knows what their plans are for the last 3 eps.

Anyway, IMO, they'll shorten the Friend Making game to 5 minutes, tops.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 09:59   Link #1598
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Seems nobody has noticed LN 9 is on hold "indefenitely".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 10:28   Link #1599
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Wait, what?

Old 2013-03-13, 11:15   Link #1600
l.kostas

At amazon.jp they still have April 25 as a release date:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4...w_bottom_links
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen