AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-17, 08:14   Link #61
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I agree, it was too rushed and alot didn't make sense. I didn't like it.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-17, 08:20   Link #62
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-17, 23:17   Link #63
SailorYue
IT IS CANON!!

has nayone read chapter 112: pure kurofai goodness!! its the moment shippers have been waiting for. also, i heard that live-evil will still do season 2 because TECHNIXCCALY only season 1 has been lisensed
SailorYue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 16:35   Link #64
xris
Just call me Ojisan

A new thread has been created for the second season. Please post your comments there, thanks.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Series 2

The thread is in the General Anime forum, once a fansub has been released, it will be moved into the Fansub forum (we currently consider the second series as unlicensed).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 13:08   Link #65
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Tsubasa chronicles

Umm just asking but is tsusbasa chronicles a COMPLETE spin-off with card captor sakura?
garra113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 13:53   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113
Umm just asking but is tsusbasa chronicles a COMPLETE spin-off with card captor sakura?
Tsubasa Chronicle's is a story that combinds all of the CLAMP characters from the past & present, and of course some new characters - though they're not the same characters that were once in past stories.. like Sakura & Syaoran for example.
Old 2006-07-24, 07:41   Link #67
Mokona
I love anime!

I love tsubasa chronicle
With me !!!!!

Mokona
Mokona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 21:07   Link #68
Asrialys

Anyone get the LE for this? I love the box. The image I saw made it look like just a regular box. But this one opens! Just be careful not to pull too hard.

So...who nearly ruined the box when that paper stuck to the box couldn't be taken off easily? LOL It was attached with that sticky gunk (lol what's it called?). This stuff was strong. It wouldn't let go. I was pulling hard, and then I noticed that it was about to peel the box. Took me a while to figure out that I should cut the gunk with scissors and then just roll the rest off. But you could see that I nearly messed it up :/ Oh well...

EDIT: By the way, in the original Japanese version of episode 5, how did they do that part where Mokona was taken away and they couldn't understand each other? Syaoran spoke Japanese while Fai and Kurogane spoke something seemingly random. I was wondering if the Japanese episodes were subtitled with what Fai and Kurogane were actually saying. In the subs for the R1 DVD, what they're saying is spelled out with the translation below it. So I assumed that the original Japanese version had Japanese subtitles in that part.

Oh, and if anyone's curious, in the dub Syaoran speaks English, Kurogane makes a decent attempt at Japanese, and Fai spoke really good French (somewhat appropriate). I don't know what good French sounds like, but it sounded right to me :P Heck, for all I know, they were speaking in gibberish in Japanese and French. The second time they spoke sounded unfamiliar. I don't understand Japanese, but I can usually recognize it.

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-05-23 at 21:22.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:11   Link #69
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Tsubasa Chronicles and XXXHolic...

Are these two animes related by more than coincidence, with Yuuko and Mokono in both, looking pretty much alike in both, too?

Or is Yuuko and Mokono like Russia's Baba Yaga, being mythical charactors from Japanese Folklore?
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 19:22   Link #70
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Are these two animes related by more than coincidence, with Yuuko and Mokono in both, looking pretty much alike in both, too?

Or is Yuuko and Mokono like Russia's Baba Yaga, being mythical charactors from Japanese Folklore?
They're most certainly related. They're both based on manga from Clamp. The respective manga have a bit more crossover than the anime.
Old 2007-06-05, 10:17   Link #71
zeldalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya View Post
According to an entry on Memento (http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/) it's going to become an anime:

Great news, as far as I'm concerned. I'll certainly look forward to this.
i just got tsubasa, it was ok, but i think they could have done a little better job the fai and kuro-poo,s voices....
zeldalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 12:19   Link #72
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I think they could of done a damned better job at actauly, you know, DOING THE FREAKING STORY instead of attempting .hack//Clamp

and that is not to say that .hack is not any good, it is to say that Bee Train should never of had gotten the rights to do it.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 23:08   Link #73
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni
And finally, some other CLAMP related news. A lot of people have been asking me about what happened to the next season of Tsubasa Chronicle since this spring season passed us by without the third series. There’s been a lot of speculation about whether it was because the next part of the story was too violent or if CLAMP was unhappy with the production or whatnot. In any case, it was announced today (sort of) that Tsubasa will be getting a special OVA called Tsubasa TOKYO REVELATIONS. I say “sort of” because publisher Kodansha originally posted the image of the manga’s volume 19 cover on their website with the announcement attached, but they have since taken that image down. Based on what was seen before the image was removed, the OVA will supposedly be available through purchasing volumes 21 to 23 of the manga, but details are still sketchy and will probably become clearer once there is an official announcement.
Thanks so much to Omni from Random Curiosity for letting us know. I can't wait for this. I really hope it will be some new studio working on this or something.

Since Vol.19 is not released yet let alone Vol.21 to 23, maybe that is why they removed the announcement? XD
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 06:30   Link #74
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have a question that I think I can only put on this thread. Can someone tell me the respective ages of the main characters?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:09   Link #75
duckroll
綺羅星★!

http://www.shonenmagazine.com/tsubasa_tokyo/

Confirmation! The 3-part OVA will cover the entire Tokyo Arc, and the scripts will be written by CLAMP's Nanase Ohgawa herself. The director is Shunsuke Tada (Prince of Tennis OVA, Reideen), and the character designer is Yoko Kikuchi (Tsubasa movie). It will be animated by Production IG.

The release plan is that each DVD will be packaged with the first pressing of volumes 21 to 23. Vol 21 will be released Nov 16th and the DVD will come with a CLAMP illustrated case that can hold all 3 discs.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 10:15   Link #76
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Another update from the product information panel:

- The Tsubasa DVD First Press Versions include the DVD and the REGULAR version of the respective manga volume, NOT the hardcover... >_<

- The OVA episodes are 25 minutes each (can the Tokyo Arc be done faithfully in 75 mins?! ~_~)

- Vol21 will be 3360yen, Vol22 and 23 will be 2980yen each

- Vol22 will be released on 17th Jan 2008, Vol23 will be released on 17th March 2008.

HORRIBLE! ;_;
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 16:28   Link #77
Sakuya
*Artist

This is awesome news, no more Bee Train! 3 episodes, I think there'll be promise in this since it's a CLAMP member who's doing the script. When will Vol.21 be released?

I wonder if this team of people will think about continuing onto the later arcs as a TV series?
Old 2007-06-15, 17:08   Link #78
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
I wonder if this team of people will think about continuing onto the later arcs as a TV series?
I'm sure that would depend on the success of these OVA's, which i can see being very high.

I wouldn't be to shocked if they'll just start from the beginning.
Old 2007-06-15, 17:13   Link #79
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm sure that would depend on the success of these OVA's, which i can see being very high. I wouldn't be to shocked if they'll just start from the beginning.
I don't see why they're limiting their precious DVDs that everybody wants to see to the first pressed editions of the manga volumes. I mean how many first pressed editions are there and how many Tsubasa fans are there in Japan alone? Won't there be tons of disappointed fans in Japan?

And if the third episode is what its title says, then it will catch up with the manga incredibly fast I think.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2007-07-01 at 16:24.
Old 2007-06-15, 17:14   Link #80
Sakuya
*Artist

Gah, double post!

Last edited by Sakuya; 2007-07-01 at 16:24.

Tags
shounen