AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-12, 22:35   Link #1
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Wink Symphonic Poem Eureka Seven

http://www.undersell.co.jp/main/B136...675/index.html

Official site : http://www.eureka-prj.net/

seems quite interesting, nice character designs, the story is about some unknown particle bursting out causing disaster to the world, a girl with mysterious power and chased by some organizations, seems standard sci-fi stuff, and some air gliders and flying battleships and things. Sounds like a BONE's version of combination of Kenran Butoh Sai with Last Exile?

It will start airing next April.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 23:08   Link #2
Thelastguardian

Hmmm I have no idea of what to make of it. The plot itself is overuse, but it could be good if the show has excel atmosphere/character to go with it.

PS dreamless you alway have the special ability to pick out the winning series out of a pile of ore and become thread starter of those shows: damn you ;-) .
Old 2004-12-13, 07:36   Link #3
wao
OK.

I saw it at MoonPhase and also have been wondering what that's about. Didn't see the website, though! Interesting...

That they would give so many details out so early means that perhaps they watn to create a bit of hype for this... This is a Bones original story, so perhaps it'll be one of those studio-projects like Mai Hime? And since original stories in animation are hard to get aired on TV perhaps they need the hype (just like Mai-Hime - but okay, Mai-Hime's was like half an entire bloody year of hype...)

I'm expecting something pretty cool and entertaining, but in a different way from Mai-Hime I guess. I hope we can see something cool out of it though...

I'm too lazy to read through all of that right now but well, the character designs look nice even though it looks very cliche... I just can't help but like the style - I like the grey-haired guy at the more hi-quality face-closeups found at the MBS page here (note it's a page, not a site)

P.S. Thelastguardian, your avatar is HILARIOUS.
Old 2004-12-13, 23:48   Link #4
KT Kore
I'm not funny

Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, Angelic Layer, Kurau Phantom Memory, Kenran Batousai the Mars Daybreak...all of these I love from Studio Bones. They are all hits with me. Naturally, I can't wait for the premiere of Eureka Seven.
KT Kore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 01:47   Link #5
Asuki
1x2x1 junkie

Send a message via MSN to Asuki
Let's not forget Fullmetal Alcheimst. I'm looking forward to see what Bones is coming up with for 2005.

http://comic5.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime3/1102441169/

Seems to be a Japanese discussion board with plently of comments concerning this new show. Anything useful?

Last edited by Asuki; 2004-12-27 at 02:07.
Asuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 08:47   Link #6
wao
OK.

Err.... I suck at reading 2ch stuff. But that was really interesting. I hope somoene who understands all of that can pick out any interesting comments.

I see a lot of people excited about teh animation (Kenichi Yoshida and Eiji Nakata worshippers, plus the character design - some think it looks like Ghibli), about it being a lot like Turn A + RahXephon, lots of people saying it's like King Gainer...

Some person says page 44 and 45 of the Newtype (latest, I guess) which features E7 looks a lot like Ghibli drawings.. Some think it's like Kenran (character designs) and Last Exile...

But there are way too many comments!! T_T
Old 2004-12-27, 22:58   Link #7
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Hmm, looks a little odd to me...
We'll see what they make of it.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 10:52   Link #8
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

BONES... ah, what bliss
I've loved every series they have released... EVERY... even the mecha shows I usually hate... I wonder what they do thats so attractive?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 09:54   Link #9
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I find it's because they pace their series so well. Not too long, not too short. It's like they could make a 13-ep series hold just as much value as a 26-ep series. Also they've got a buttload of cash which helps a lot.

Similarily their teams have a strong policy of lightly lacing their shows with nicely done 3D effects. Not quite in a Gonzo "NOW IN 3D" sort of way but more of a subtle way. It's like they understand a nicely polished spoon can shine just as much as a brilliant sunset.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 12:37   Link #10
FlyByNite

Animenewsnetwork lists Shoji Kawamori as doing the mech designs for this...Wow are you kidding me? I thought he was just doing his own projects now (Directed, created, and designed the mechs) in Macross Plus and Macross Zero.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 14:02   Link #11
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Ahhh, this is amazing. Nothing makes my mood go way, way up as news of a new Bones project. I've been waiting for this ever since I realized the last episode of Kurau had aired in Japan, and now I can be very, very happy. From the official website and Dreamless's description, I'd agree about the lastEXILE+Daybreak anime, but I'd add in a little Kurau because of the getting chased by organization part. Then again, I could say Kiddy Grade, Robin, and lots of other anime in there as well, so drop that...

Anyway. Any of you who know me know that I loooooove Bones. All of their series are so amazing and tend to be short on flaws. I'm still in the process of watching Kurau and Daybreak (I'm missing episodes 17-19 and it's really annoying trying to find them now), and I'm eagerly waiting for Hiwou to finally get its English translation (no fansubs were ever done of it, but now it's licensed! ). And I must say, Eureka Seven looks amazing. I worship Bones's character designs.

Okay, I have to learn to control myself when it comes to Bones, but it's so hard. ^^
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 15:37   Link #12
FlyByNite

I think I've liked every series Bones has done. The only one I've never seen is Karakuri Kiden Hiwou Senki which I think was their first thing.

Angelic Layer, Fullmetal Alchemist, Kenran Butoh Sai, Kurau, RahXephon, Scrapped Princess, and Wolf's Rain.

BTW, whatever happened to this series from Bones?

The Tokyo International Anime Fair 2003 witnessed the announcement of several new anime series in Japan. Among those currently in production is Mukoh Hadan, a new series from Bones (RahXephon, Cowboy Bebop). Set in Feudal Japan (Warring States period of the Muromachi era) like Inu-Yasha, the "samurai spirits" anime involves the unlikely partnership of a nameless man and and boy he was ordered to kill. As the two embark on a journey to uncover mysteries and lost memories, they will face numerous assassins, each determined to make the search for self-identity a deadly expedition.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 18:46   Link #13
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
BTW, whatever happened to this series from Bones?

The Tokyo International Anime Fair 2003 witnessed the announcement of several new anime series in Japan. Among those currently in production is Mukoh Hadan, a new series from Bones (RahXephon, Cowboy Bebop). Set in Feudal Japan (Warring States period of the Muromachi era) like Inu-Yasha, the "samurai spirits" anime involves the unlikely partnership of a nameless man and and boy he was ordered to kill. As the two embark on a journey to uncover mysteries and lost memories, they will face numerous assassins, each determined to make the search for self-identity a deadly expedition.
I remeber seeing that on Anime News Network and wondering about it as well. There's been no mention of it since, so it could have been dropped, especially since the announcement was made a while back. But that's just a guess on my part - someone else probably knows more about this than I do.
Old 2005-01-02, 20:33   Link #14
Epi
Otaku++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
http://www.undersell.co.jp/main/B136...675/index.html

Official site : http://www.eureka-prj.net/

seems quite interesting, nice character designs, the story is about some unknown particle bursting out causing disaster to the world, a girl with mysterious power and chased by some organizations, seems standard sci-fi stuff, and some air gliders and flying battleships and things. Sounds like a BONE's version of combination of Kenran Butoh Sai with Last Exile?

It will start airing next April.
From your description I thought you were talking about Kurau... but hey if they make something just as good with Kawamori doing the mecha... wow!
Epi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-02, 21:23   Link #15
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi
From your description I thought you were talking about Kurau... but hey if they make something just as good with Kawamori doing the mecha... wow!
That's true - and the reason I mentioned it earlier. I looked up some information on Kawamori and I must say, I had no idea that he was so significant, particularly in his involvement with Escaflowne and Arjuna. Very exciting. Perhaps I should check out this upcoming Aquarion series, too, despite its cliche look...
Old 2005-01-02, 23:12   Link #16
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Im sorry but angelic layer came from CLAMP studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT Kore
Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, Angelic Layer, Kurau Phantom Memory, Kenran Batousai the Mars Daybreak...all of these I love from Studio Bones. They are all hits with me. Naturally, I can't wait for the premiere of Eureka Seven.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 03:12   Link #17
wao
OK.

I'm sorry, but Angelic Layer was animated by Bones And if Bones did production (not simply animation production) then it is up to them or the people they hired to pace the show and all of that even if the original story is by Clamp. In case you didn't already know Clamp is a group of women who draw manga, not an animation studio!!!

Please let this be a good show. And let it be subbed... I thoroughly enjoy Fantastic Children but uh...

(btw dreamless, go check your rep...)

EDIT: regarding MUkou Hadan, it appears on MoonPhase as a movie with no link coming out in 2005.
Old 2005-01-03, 16:39   Link #18
Rikichi

I already posted behind on that at a time.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=19941
Old 2005-12-18, 20:45   Link #19
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Symphonic Poem Eureka Seven

Too bad the last one has gone south... It had some interesting discussions. But anyway...

If you are at all unaware as to what this series is, check out the website: http://www.eureka-prj.net/

The series is right now up to 35 episodes (in raw, untranslated form) and for the obvious reasons we can't discuss the fansubs per se, as the show is licensed by Bandai.

As for ep. 35, I have only two words to say...
Spoiler:

And if you didn't get the significance, well...
Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 21:01   Link #20
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Seems like parts of it actually survived the downfall.

Would the mods be so kind as to merge this page with this (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=25177)

EDIT: I also dug up as much of the cache, as was possible. Here is the as-is version of the first 100 posts in the old thread (http://mrprophet.com/temp/eureka.html). It was approximately 5 pages out of about 20 or so.

It's not cleaned up, but use it for what it's worth. Anyone willing to clean it up and repost it will have my gratitude.

Last edited by MrProphet; 2005-12-18 at 22:04.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote