AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-13, 17:48   Link #41
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

J.C Staff....................

Spoiler for :

Now if you would excuse me.
I have phallic shaped worms to attend to.
*points to aroduc's avatar*
Old 2008-03-13, 17:50   Link #42
gabbytay
Banned

I just finished watching the episode.
Ill stay calm until the end of the series and i hope they F8cking fix the ending!

Ill just hope this wont end up like Znt II
Old 2008-03-13, 18:18   Link #43
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Send a message via AIM to HayashiMugen
Hahah.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-13, 18:32   Link #44
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

Just watched it. I think they have time to turn things around for the better =) Some of the predictions in this thread seem rather plausible imo.
With everything that's happening and all that there is left to do... there is little chance of there not being a cliffhanger. imo anyways.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:35   Link #45
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

I just finished the episode. It was funny at some parts, and I have no idea why you people are flipping out on the JC staff right now. We don't even know what is gonna happen in the next two episodes. When the next two episode airs, and it is not a result you guys like, then you flip out.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:45   Link #46
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by retake09 View Post
I just finished the episode. It was funny at some parts, and I have no idea why you people are flipping out on the JC staff right now. We don't even know what is gonna happen in the next two episodes. When the next two episode airs, and it is not a result you guys like, then you flip out.
They're flipping out because they changed canon...... again.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:51   Link #47
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Okay, guys, look. I haven't watched Episode 22 (nor have I watched 21), but you guys are overreacting. Think logically - do you think it's smart for Shana II to end in a cliffhanger if there is a possibility that there might not be enough cash for Shana III? Look at Rozen Maiden - it hasn't ended, yet the story is stalled, possibly because not only of lack of content but also the lack of resources to continue the story.

You know, I've been covering SaiMoe history since October, and from the looks of it, I see the Shana series taking the same road as the Rozen Maiden series. Discarding votes and all, you would probably think that Shana and the "desu" doll are almost exactly alike, except that Suiseiseki is just that - a doll - and will therefore remain a tsuntsun for the rest of her life. In terms of storyline, you would probably say that they (stories, not the girls) are in the exact same situation, except the novel series has a possibility of continuing.

What if for some awkward reason, the novels just stopped continuing? What if (God forbid) Takahashi, the novel writer, all of a sudden breaks his wrist, goes into a coma, or just flat out passes away? What good will it do to the anime series itself if Season II ends with a cliffhanger and Season III no longer exists?

Whatever happens, all I can say is that they have to end it NOW. Go with the anime-original ending. Let everything play out as it plays out. Make Kazumi lose her power of existence to end the storyline. If season III comes, just change the dates so that it would be New Year's instead of Christmas. I don't care. J.C. Staff needs to prove that they are stable, and clearly, they haven't been stable until Shana came along. Now do this right: end it now. If the novels continue, make Season III in the year 2010, and change a few details to ensure continuity.

Whatever rebuttals you have to say, I'm all ears. Just remember that J.C is not Kyoto.
Old 2008-03-13, 18:52   Link #48
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I think the pulling of the episode from NicoVideo says something about how JC Staff seems to view its consumers. Are they really this embarrassed about churning out such trash? If they are, they shouldn't have done it at all! I won't forgive them unless everyone on-staff including the director do a public orz naked in front of a crowd of angry otaku who throw papayas at the stage. That'll teach 'em for being gits! The original author is exempt of course.

Seriously though...Gainax was cool with us pirating GL fansubs before it was licensed and watched the comments on NicoVideo for the GL episodes during Fall. Why's everyone not so cool nowadays...I mean I even got my letter back from ADV and it wasn't news I was happy with.

Anime is serious business.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:08   Link #49
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Well the anime's already established itself as a separate canon from the novels with the anime original ending in the first series and the Konoe storyline, anyone who thought they were just going to retcon that stuff away and forget about it was kidding themselves IMO.
Old 2008-03-13, 19:23   Link #50
HayashiMugen
(O_O;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Since when did anime have to follow the EXACT novels and mangas?
Old 2008-03-13, 19:28   Link #51
Steel Guardian

Ha, well, not to add fuel to the fire or anything, but I heard this covered a good part of Vol. 14?
Old 2008-03-13, 20:00   Link #52
Flibble
Sleepy

Alot can happen in 2 episodes, a frigging lot could happen in 2 episodes, and dear me, there's a lot of band-wagon jumping going on here...

The whole burn JC Staff stuff people are going on about seems a tad extreme, i mean they haven't gone and given us another Znt2 here, i mean Znt wasn't what you'd call high-art to begin with so having any hope was probably my own fault but really people, pass judgement over the ending once you've actually seen it.

I've seen many places with people saying they're dropping this anime 22 episodes into a 24 episode series based on the possibility there will be an ending they might not like... lol
Old 2008-03-13, 20:04   Link #53
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
THANK YOU! That's the point I've been trying to make.

If you think about it, there's always multiple ways to interpret the story. Reason why? MONEY. Don't like the anime take, go buy the novels. It's a marketing thing.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:20   Link #54
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
THANK YOU! That's the point I've been trying to make.

If you think about it, there's always multiple ways to interpret the story. Reason why? MONEY. Don't like the anime take, go buy the novels. It's a marketing thing.
Its the same a Znt when the word got out that its sucks many went for the novel.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:27   Link #55
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Haha. True. In fact, taking a serious 100% exact duplicate of the story from the original product isn't always a good thing. It can at times make adaptations boring for followers of the story in its original format. On the other hand, I hate how much stuff they cut out of the Harry Potter movies, so I shouldn't exactly complain.

Edit: Oh god, on Nicovideo a good amount of the comments are people asking for a 3rd season. Hahaha. That really contrasts what's going on here, people being pissed off with how the series has gone. Then again, Shana broke the Top 10 in 2 recent character polls. She must be particularly popular in Japan.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2008-03-13 at 20:50.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:54   Link #56
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I'm sorry to say this, but you're being blinded to reason by your fanboyism for this god-awful anime. Don't you think that if people actually had the novels they'd buy them instead? We certainly know about Japan's tendency to cater to ronery otaku since they're the ones who purchase shows like this, but since the Japanese like to complain about fansubbers "stealing their profits" they might as well orient the show to something we'd like as well. Anyone with their head on straight could find a fanservice show; chances are, it'll be the first topic in our Fansubbed Anime subforum. Why should shows with such unique premises like Shana get swamped by fanservice as well?

This is totally not unlike Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball. An insult to anyone with anything above "lowbrow" taste created just so some idiot otaku can have intoxicate themselves with sexual fantasies.

Anime-original is not necessarily a bad thing. In this case, though, it is - the whole Fumina arc was filler, boring generic and disastrous filler that one could easily find in any school life anime. I can see how that could be appealing to people who are new to anime, but for the second season of Shana I think that's pushing things a bit too far.
Old 2008-03-13, 20:58   Link #57
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

The omens of the future aren't always good things.
Yet the Sakai household has new life that came from a midnight fling.
The cards of every player's deck each have become like a great stack.
But at least Bel Peol gets to show off her rather prominent rack.
The season sure comes in with a lot of Christmas cheer.
But in Misaki City, you would also have a lot of unresolved fear.
Yuji has just reached the dividing paths in true thinking mode.
But his decision is disrupted by Hecate, the goddess of the crossroads.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:02   Link #58
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
It's very true. To be honest, I wish that this season followed the novels much less than they tried to. Due to that, at least from what I heard from people reacting to my complaints earlier in the season, the reason why the first 1/2 of season was so bad was because they were trying to become more faithful to the novels.

And that is why Shana II bored me for a good 12 straight weeks. Honestly, not every idea that an author comes up with is good enough to be animated. You make cuts so as to keep the interest of your viewers, not to please the fans of an adaptation by remaining completely faithful.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:03   Link #59
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Anime-original is not necessarily a bad thing. In this case, though, it is - the whole Fumina arc was filler, boring generic and disastrous filler that one could easily find in any school life anime. I can see how that could be appealing to people who are new to anime, but for the second season of Shana I think that's pushing things a bit too far.
Oh sure, let's continue to use those 4 episodes that everyone hates as an example of the apparent suckage of this show.

Case in point, this episode is NOT THAT BAD, and you're just pissed about them using anime original content and exxagerating your opinion by comparing it to the Konoe arc.

Also, anyone who thinks J.C. Staff can't make anything good these days... *cough*Shigofumi*cough*... Unless of course you hate episodic series, in which case forget that I mentioned Shigofumi.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:06   Link #60
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
It's very true. To be honest, I wish that this season followed the novels much less than they tried to. Due to that, at least from what I heard from people reacting to my complaints earlier in the season, the reason why the first 1/2 of season was so bad was because they were trying to become more faithful to the novels.

And that is why Shana II bored me for a good 12 straight weeks. Honestly, not every idea that an author comes up with is good enough to be animated. You make cuts so as to keep the interest of your viewers, not to please the fans of an adaptation by remaining completely faithful.
this latest cut idea from the novels was good enough though.

well, in the end this is Yasuko Kobayashi's and Takashi Watanabe's story, any praise or blame should be placed at their feet, not Takahashi's.
Closed Thread