AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-17, 20:27   Link #2081
Yoyoenix91
~Umineko save issues!~

Send a message via AIM to Yoyoenix91 Send a message via MSN to Yoyoenix91 Send a message via Yahoo to Yoyoenix91
You can copy from the CD. Be sure to copy everything in the sound effect and music folders. I made the same mistake, and didn't realize until Episode 4. -_-;
Old 2009-07-18, 03:48   Link #2082
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
I have Vista Home Premium, so I had some troubles at first since the ordinary method (installing languages) doesn't work.
uh? what are you talking about? I have vista home premium too and I never needed applocale - I just installed the languages and set the location and non-unicode for japanese... and it all worked fine O_o

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 05:16   Link #2083
metronome
Mad Loli

and dont forget to restart your computer in order for the new location and language setting to take place.

ya, I run umineko up to ep 4 on vista, no trouble, the onscripter even kind enuff to tell you what to do if you play on vista before you enter the game directly.

thanks to witch hunt
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 13:39   Link #2084
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
uh? what are you talking about? I have vista home premium too and I never needed applocale - I just installed the languages and set the location and non-unicode for japanese... and it all worked fine O_o
How did you install them?

This is what Windows says:

Spoiler:

I've never been able to get the website to download LIPs to function correctly. Maybe yours already had one installed for some reason. Anyway, if you google it, you'll find lots of information about it. I don't doubt you, because on a previous computer that I owned a few years ago that had Home Premium, I don't remember having any problem installing them. Maybe it's something they started doing recently.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 16:31   Link #2085
Marion
The Great Dine

I know this has been asked before, but what program can open up the arc.nsa folders to see the sprites. When I looked up on the internet it gave me a media player XD;
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 16:34   Link #2086
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

"nsaout.exe"

and "nsdec.exe" for the text file

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 16:35   Link #2087
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I know this has been asked before, but what program can open up the arc.nsa folders to see the sprites. When I looked up on the internet it gave me a media player XD;
NSAout

Though it's a bit tricky.. it just worked and then it was finished, but there we're no files in the explorer.. no hidden ones.. and then suddenly they are reachable with sony vegas, but I never could see them with another software o_O"

noooo Jan-Poo XD Well mine has the link as well.

Last edited by Auria; 2009-07-18 at 16:36. Reason: Fast Jan-Poo is fast
Auria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 19:03   Link #2088
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Umm...I wasn't sure which thread this question would fall under, so I apologize if it should be asked somewhere else.

For Umineko, would episode 8 contain all of the arcs before it? Or would it just contain all the answer arcs? I've been meaning to buy episode 4, but it only contains the question arcs.
Naichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 19:40   Link #2089
June 1983

Episode 8 would only contain the answer arcs. The question and answer arcs are each collected in the final games (1-4 and 5-8). Regardless, Episode 4 is currently the latest episode out, anyway. Episode 5 isn't coming out until August.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 20:46   Link #2090
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I can pretty much guess why you are asking this XD

You can buy ep4, it will contain all the previous, and no other official product will include them (safe for port on other systems... maybe...)

Old 2009-07-18, 23:27   Link #2091
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Oooohhh I see. (Now you know the sin I was going to commit xD

Thank you! I'll just go and save up money for episode 4 then~
Naichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 12:57   Link #2092
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Episode 8 would only contain the answer arcs. The question and answer arcs are each collected in the final games (1-4 and 5-8). Regardless, Episode 4 is currently the latest episode out, anyway. Episode 5 isn't coming out until August.
or Episode 7 it has still not been confirmed how many will those be; my bet also goes to 8 Episodes, though.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 16:36   Link #2093
nano

i have a feeling this is probably a stupid question, but i'm having trouble saving.

when i click on one of the 'save' boxes in the save section (this is...the right way to save right. i have no idea |D) the game quits and then when i reopen, there's nothing there.

i'm running the ep2 patch v2 on a mac, by the way.
nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 17:15   Link #2094
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano View Post
i have a feeling this is probably a stupid question, but i'm having trouble saving.

when i click on one of the 'save' boxes in the save section (this is...the right way to save right. i have no idea |D) the game quits and then when i reopen, there's nothing there.

i'm running the ep2 patch v2 on a mac, by the way.
Unfortunately, we aren't providing support for the EP2 or EP3 versions of the patch at this time. It's simply too much work and almost no one wants it...so you're better off just buying the EP4 version of the game, which includes all previous Episodes. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Information on how to get the patches and games can be found on our website.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 20:13   Link #2095
Kets

Has anyone translated Beatrice's white day or Gohda's booklet?

Last edited by Kets; 2009-07-20 at 20:53. Reason: Wrong word.
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 20:16   Link #2096
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

ok I'm not understanding something here - there's more media related to the games? (other than the manga, anime, and the drama CDs)

I mean, where did the stakes valentine's day come from? as well as lambda's letter and bern's as well? and now apparently beatrice's white day and gohda's flashback?

and are there others?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 20:26   Link #2097
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Gohda has a handbook? What's that about? O.o

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 21:37   Link #2098
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
ok I'm not understanding something here - there's more media related to the games? (other than the manga, anime, and the drama CDs)

I mean, where did the stakes valentine's day come from? as well as lambda's letter and bern's as well? and now apparently beatrice's white day and gohda's flashback?

and are there others?
They're extra TIPS written by Ryukishi
Old 2009-07-21, 05:12   Link #2099
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Gohda has a handbook? What's that about? O.o
Gohda is a pretty happy guys, gets fired from his job in a hotel/restaurant, takes a test to work for the ushiromiya, passes, goes to Rokkenjima, learns about Beatrice, doesn't take it too seriously, experiences some bizarre events, and starts to take it a little more seriously
Old 2009-07-21, 06:57   Link #2100
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

He gets fired? That sounds strange considering how good he is, unless the restaurant he worked for faced an economic crisis, but still... unless they closed the business why fire cook? It's the core of the business.

Tags
translation