Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-02, 11:27   Link #23541
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
No, I understand all the rational thoughts about her being alive, and they do make sense. But that doesn't MATTER. It is still plot contrived bullshit used only for "shock factor." It was unnecessary to bring her back.
Yep and it was also unnecessary to put it on the official site.
If they want us to go "WOW, shocking" they can find other things, they've done it before.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:28   Link #23542
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Fear for Rivalz and Millay. I thought since Nunnally was deader than dead they were safe and that the rest of those on the roof for fireworks in EP 7 were going to make it through safely, however after this......

Of those on the roof Shirely and Rolo got visited by the shit-fairy so thats 2 outta five down, Lelouch has plot armor and is fantastically popular so he's fine, Rivalz.. well no one would miss him if he dies and Mially is a weather lady and everyone hates people who report the weather.

Suzaku is fine now since he's part of team Lelouch, Kallen will side with Lelouch no matter what hopefully removing the possibility of her dying fighting Suzaku, Nina seems to be regretting her actions and doesn't seem to be acting so fucking crazy while Nunnally has avoided the pink sphere of doom.

Bottom line those that weren't there for fireworks are goona come out fine, those that were barring Lelouch better start writing there wills.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:28   Link #23543
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Originally I only saw the gum lines about C.C. and Kallen. Now all of a sudden there's one about Nunnally and karma, which I missed somehow. Are there any others?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...82#post1860482
Old 2008-09-02, 11:28   Link #23544
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
If Shirley and Euphy are revived at any point and it becomes some stupid reset anime ending I'll! I don't even want to say it.
This does not seem SO FAR way at this point.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:29   Link #23545
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well then it's been a while since I posted on this thread. So what happened

...my god...

Well, it is not that hard to believe that Nunnally had survived, though I must say that the quote from the magazine gust made a whole lot more since now:

Schneizel: Oh by the way Lelouch, Nunnally is alive and is with me right now, heading to the battle field. I just hope she doesn't die while we are there.

Schneizel:*In an innocent voice* Lelouch, you don't hate me? Do you? (Added by me)

That would make Schneizel even more dangerous than Charles ever was.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:30   Link #23546
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Panned by critics and fans. Viewers all over wondering what could have been. Discussed negatively forever. Etc, etc.
The "what could have been" is a result of the Taniguchi interview and its being blown out of proportion...I mean, stuff like Nunnally's survival after believing she was dead can't be blamed on that.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:32   Link #23547
flarezard

Question

Quote:
No, I understand all the rational thoughts about her being alive, and they do make sense. But that doesn't MATTER. It is still plot contrived bullshit used only for "shock factor." It was unnecessary to bring her back.
Why not necessary?
Old 2008-09-02, 11:34   Link #23548
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarezard View Post
Why not necessary?
Because they could have done 1001 things to end up with a better plot.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:34   Link #23549
NeonZ

Quote:
It's not contrived at all, and they aren't "bringing her back".

If she were to be killed, the scenes about a second shuttle (and the weird way they showed that Nunnally wasn't in the first shuttle with that other woman) would be utterly useless. Why would they set up a hard to follow scene but immediately make it pointless (in the same episode, even)?
Old 2008-09-02, 11:35   Link #23550
Baixinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Okay, good god, use rationality instead of fucking moping and going, 'Mope mope this world is horrible this show sucks mope mope they should have let Charles do his thing'. If you STOP, and THINK, Nunnally's survival is entirely possible. Sayoko could have saved her, the shuttle could have escaped the blast (and Nunnally and Sayoko certainly didn't show any fear unlike Romeyer in her shuttle), Schneizel could have rescued her, hell, contradictory to the spoiler, but Jeremiah could have found her. Jesus fucking Christ, it's not as if this HASN'T happened in a whole host of other shows.
Actually, to me at least, the problem is not wether it makes sense or not that she is alive. I'm even pretty sure they will have a good explanation for it, and that they can still pull off a good ending after that.

But the problem is more : what was the point of the dramatic tension of Episode 19?? Code Geass, from the start, has chosen the road of a dark plot. Episode 22 of Season 1 was the very epitome of darkness and tragedy for that season, and it made the show just Great, showing how a power like Geass can fire back at you. Episode 18 and 19 of R2 made this show grow from Great to Epic, bringing the tragedy to its climax, and showing how Geass make you lose everything you had and throw you into despair. Nunally's survival just changed its status to barely Entertaining, when it had the potential to become one of the greatest show ever. And that sucks. They didn't need that to finish the show, yet after 46 episodes of darkness, they go for the "bisounours" ending. It sounds really awkward and unneeded at this point.

But well, I hope I'm wrong and they will make me praise them as gods in 4 weeks.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:35   Link #23551
TheDisruptiveOne

I can already imagine the reset. Everyone is shown back at Ashford Academy enjoying the fireworks. Even Arthur is there.

I can't imagine anyone liking it if they went in that direction. Everyone's memories of the world would of course be altered except for Lelouch's. So any development that has occurred up till now will have been meaningless. lol, all the pairings discussions would have been a waste of time.

At the very least, I think we could all step back and laugh at the series and agree to never speak of it again.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:36   Link #23552
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
It's not contrived at all, and they aren't "bringing her back".

If she were to be killed, the scenes about a second shuttle (and the weird way they showed that Nunnally wasn't in the first shuttle with that other woman) would be utterly useless. Why would they set up a hard to follow scene but immediately make it pointless (in the same episode, even)?
It makes everything that happened after Episode 18 POINTLESS. All that tension was for NOTHING.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:37   Link #23553
Baixinho

Quote:
I can already imagine the reset. Everyone is shown back at Ashford Academy enjoying the fireworks. Even Arthur is there.

I can't imagine anyone liking it if they went in that direction. Everyone's memories of the world would of course be altered except for Lelouch's. So any development that has occurred up till now will have been meaningless. lol, all the pairings discussions would have been a waste of time.

At the very least, I think we could all step back and laugh at the series and agree to never speak of it again.
Thing is that now they don't even need a reset for this fireworks
Old 2008-09-02, 11:38   Link #23554
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Because they could have done 1001 things to end up with a better plot.
we still lose an overall thematic point of having your efforts being rewarded.

Taniguchi's stories are inevitably about celebrating the human spirit's ability to persist no matter how bad things get. That can be better conveyed by having Lelouch's wish granted rather than having it destroyed.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:39   Link #23555
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

I suppose telling you to stop being so fucking negative over something that was rather obvious is futile, isn't it?
Old 2008-09-02, 11:42   Link #23556
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
we still lose an overall thematic point of having your efforts being rewarded.

Taniguchi's stories are inevitably about celebrating the human spirit's ability to persist no matter how bad things get. That can be better conveyed by having Lelouch's wish granted rather than having it destroyed.
I wouldn't mind it if they convay that message. Again I'm not going to say this is the absolute worst decision ever until I see the next episode. However I feel they need to handle this just right to make it work. I mean I just hope something grabs my attention since all my favorite parts of Code Geass for the most part were destroyed the last few episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
I suppose telling you to stop being so fucking negative over something that was rather obvious is futile, isn't it?
For some it has nothing to do with it being obvious, they just didn't want her back. Why don't you stop being so negative towards peoples views on this event even if it seems unreasonable.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:44   Link #23557
Kusaja

Quote:
If they make a grand reset and revive everyone, I'll definitely consider pretending I was never interested in any of this.

I'm hoping that is not the case, honestly, even if I do have to accept Nunnaly's return as a fact.

If they don't reset the series and actually manage to come up with something passably entertaining in terms of an ending, I almost wouldn't mind if they spent the entire final episode on fireworks and school antics among the survivors.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:45   Link #23558
NeonZ

Why is everyone talking about a reset now? I'd say that Nunnaly's survival pretty much confirms that the series won't have any reset ending. Besides, the last episode showed that Lelouch wants the world to go forward (not backwards).

Quote:
It makes everything that happened after Episode 18 POINTLESS. All that tension was for NOTHING.
Nothing?

The Black Knights betrayed Lelouch, Suzaku and Nina had character development, Lelouch finally confronted his father, etc. How was all that rendered pointless? Answer: It wasn't. Even with Nunnally alive, Suzaku and Nina killed millions, the BKs betrayed Lelouch and Lelouch finally learned the truth about his mother's death and killed his father.

The series didn't even spent too much screentime showing Lelouch thinking about Nunnaly after her death (no long flashbacks or pointless insert theme).

However, killing her would render all the set up about the second shuttle pointless. Unlike the scenes which even according to you only had their "tension" reduced, the second shuttle set up would be utterly irrelevant with a dead Nunnaly. It could have been cut out of the episode with no loss at all. Why would they include all those hard to follow scenes for nothing? They wouldn't do that.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:47   Link #23559
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Guys the 2nd shuttle is real. You can see it in the background when Nunnally is being loaded onto her shuttle.

Also the 23 summary says that Lelouch clashes with Schneizel, not Nunnally.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:47   Link #23560
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
If they make a grand reset and revive everyone, I'll definitely consider pretending I was never interested in any of this.
Am i pathetic for thinking that this ending is close to my linking? lol

But srsly, in terms of plot, if that would ever happen, then fuck it. Honest. What was the whole point?
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories