AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-03, 06:44   Link #501
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
I also think, Masaki x Miyuki may actually happen before the end of Mahouka because Tatsuya will not cross the line even if Miyuki is crazy enough to cross the line. If Tatsuya is actually invited to a family member not only as a fiance of Miyuki but an actual member of Yotsuba, with enough merits and acknowledgement from fellow Yotsuba members I think, anything can happen in the future volumes.
Knowing Miyuki they will probably cross the line in the next volume at the latest. At any rate, no way is there any hope for Masaki, maybe if the author said 25 volumes you could say there's still a very slight chance, but there's no way that will happen in 4 volumes.
With the Kudou clan and Minoru, Saegusa falling out, Tatsuya's relationship with the military and status as a SC magician, Black Sage and Zhou's parting words, Maya and Hliðskjálf, Lina coming back, dealing with the Yotsuba sponsor and also dealing with Rozen there are way too many story threads as it is already and this one would require the most amount of time out of them all. I doubt Masaki will even be in a big role in the next volume, I think it might be more about the Saegusa and the Kudou and their plots against the Yotsuba. How Lina fits in, I don't know.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 06:48   Link #502
amtro
Distro

The pages were posted. For goodness sake, listen to what I am saying.
Maya claims that Tatsuya came from an unfertilized egg from Dahan. According to her Miyuki and Tatsuya are first cousins and to legitimize Miyuki's claim, for Miyuki to gain the name Yotsuba she has to marry Tatsuya Yotsuba.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 06:55   Link #503
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Maya claims that Tatsuya came from an unfertilized egg from Dahan. According to her Miyuki and Tatsuya are first cousins and to legitimize Miyuki's claim, for Miyuki to gain the name Yotsuba she has to marry Tatsuya Yotsuba.
Really!! Now I'm happy if that's the truth, after all I always think it's nice if Tatsuya is Maya's son from her unfertilized egg. Now if those spoilers are true I wonder who is Tatsuya's father and Miyuki's mother
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 06:55   Link #504
Narvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarrow View Post
Someone has uploaded Yotsuba family tree right? Can someone check whether Tatsuya is still Miya's son there or Maya's?
Tatsuya's name is under Miya's, it seems.
Narvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 06:57   Link #505
amtro
Distro

Putting Tatsuya's name under Maya would be too much of a spoiler. Remember, color pages always come first in an LN.
Old 2015-05-03, 06:58   Link #506
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutchdog View Post
Knowing Miyuki they will probably cross the line in the next volume at the latest. At any rate, no way is there any hope for Masaki, maybe if the author said 25 volumes you could say there's still a very slight chance, but there's no way that will happen in 4 volumes.
I'm not so sure about that. This kind of revelation would essentially "cut off" Tatsuya/Miyuki from all other relationships they started to build, and this kind of revelation in the 5th to last volume? If anything, the _early_ twist towards fiancee makes this ending _less_ likely, in fact. In the 19th, sure. The 16th? We haven't reached the endgame yet.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 06:58   Link #507
Blarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Just to clarify. In order to become a heir Myiuki must marry Tatsuya Yotsuba, or in order to become Miyuki Yotsuba she must marry Tatsuya Yotsuba who is a heir?
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:08   Link #508
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Lucarion's going to be a very happy camper.
You bet I am.

Parvati is finally with her Shiva.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:09   Link #509
Clutchdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'm not so sure about that. This kind of revelation would essentially "cut off" Tatsuya/Miyuki from all other relationships they started to build, and this kind of revelation in the 5th to last volume? If anything, the _early_ twist towards fiancee makes this ending _less_ likely, in fact. In the 19th, sure. The 16th? We haven't reached the endgame yet.
It's necessary for the story and for Tatsuya's identity to come to light, this was already foreshadowed to happen in vol 8. The heir is selected at the beginning of their third years.
Regardless, I won't try to convince you, I've always though shipping talk in Mahouka was for meant for eternal optimists.
Clutchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:10   Link #510
amtro
Distro

Miyuki has no claim to the seat of head, in order to become Miyuki Yotsuba she has to marry Tatsuya Yotsuba. Who became the heir is irrelevant, because in the end it will be Tatsuya who runs things.
Old 2015-05-03, 07:12   Link #511
greenn

So who should other candidates marry to in order to become Yotsuba? This "legitimate" thing is at least questionable.
greenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:16   Link #512
amtro
Distro

They should marry either Tatsuya, or Maya.
Old 2015-05-03, 07:21   Link #513
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenn View Post
So who should other candidates marry to in order to become Yotsuba? This "legitimate" thing is at least questionable.
Very questionable, in fact. Miyuki has been designated Heir for a while, and if Tatsuya can simply "unmask" as Yotsuba, why couldn't she?

Either this is shipperlogic or one of the inconsistencies I was worried about caused by the 180.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:23   Link #514
Chirst

Got more info from Mattdamon @ jcafe24
Quote:
Got more information about tatsuya's new magic
credited by wingfreedom
Spoiler for detail:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:24   Link #515
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
Well, this fits with the whole Miyuki-Parvati similarity. Parvati is the reincarnation of Sati, Shiva's wife before her. I think we all know the similarities between Shiva and Tatsuya. Wow, these are some crazy spoilers. These last four volumes are going to be amazing.
Indeed.

Now, I'm praying Miyuki eventually gives birth to a Kartikeya and Ganesh. Then the Divine Family will be complete.

That is, of course, assuming all these spoilers here are really as they are.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:24   Link #516
expertsource

tatsuya was just a mere guardian, not even a member. So when did he become yotsuba even more than a member?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:25   Link #517
greenn

And marrying Maya mean to forget the reason behind marriage.
greenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:29   Link #518
Blarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Very questionable, in fact. Miyuki has been designated Heir for a while, and if Tatsuya can simply "unmask" as Yotsuba, why couldn't she?

Either this is shipperlogic or one of the inconsistencies I was worried about caused by the 180.
On the other hand, can you really choose a heir if there is a direct son of present Head of The Clan (even thought previously unrecognized but connected by blood and proven to be worthy of status)
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 07:33   Link #519
amtro
Distro

The marrying Maya part wasn't mentioned, it is speculation because the heir needs to have the family name. There are several ways to interpret how this "legitimacy" thing works.
On one hand no one but Tatsuya was going to be the leader from the start, Miyuki was chosen as his wife and things just naturally progressed from there.

You have to keep in mind the reason why Tatsuya was a guardian, in the end even that was a lie only a select few knew about. The actual reason why Tatsuya was hated by Miya and Mitsugu is because he is Maya's instrument of world destruction, "the greatest sin of the Yotsuba".
Old 2015-05-03, 07:33   Link #520
Jiminy

I don't really understand why everyone is so hyped because of those "spoilers". I think (if this is all true) the author picked the most boring route he could and added a lot of inconsistencies. In the end it's nothing fans didn't already talk about. We do not get a real solution for any of the major problems Tatsuya has to face - the only thing we get is another layer of "half-truth", lies and secrets to hide the real problems. (Ok maybe I read Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire a bit too much lately - so I'm a little biased to expect certain events - but still I think he could have done better) At least there is something I really enjoyed to see - the picture of Lina.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy