AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-14, 20:38   Link #61
veracromil

Send a message via AIM to veracromil
Wow, Robo-Archer, that came out of nowhere. Why didnt they Auto-Mail him up? Hmm, mabye its some sort of über Auto-Mail. Screams Terminator in my mind, and naturally with Terminator, regeneration.

Last edited by veracromil; 2004-09-14 at 20:56.
Old 2004-09-14, 22:29   Link #62
davidlionheartZ

oh freak~

man i feel like something bad is going to happen ahead
Old 2004-09-15, 00:00   Link #63
WristBandMan

the kid in ep 49 is surely Pride's son.
added to the manga comparison is the fact that Ed told Izumi the Fuhrer went back early to celebrate his son's birthday. Which brings us to an interesting pt already raised... what the heck is a homonculus & a human's son?

Lust ain't dead... just sealed. whether she reappears ...

What did Trisha Elric died of? Now that I remember Hohenheim has rotting flesh... could he have diseased her~~?
Old 2004-09-15, 00:11   Link #64
Stellae
The Original

Spoiler:

According to the manga, Trisha Elric died of a disease circulating at the time (seems to be lots of those in FMA.) but the anime makes it seem more like she died of depression that sickness to me :-/. I guess catching a disease wouldn't be too unheard of it you sleep next to a rotting corpse for years on end... ^^;;

But oh man... the highlight of the episode, hands down was Archer. I guess you no longer need to eat when you're 75% machine, cause how the hell he'd eat when he's got a 4" gun lodged in his throat is beyond me...
Old 2004-09-15, 01:33   Link #65
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Except in the show the gate is referred to as "mon" which is gate literally, and the song/ep49 uses "tobira" which is door literally.
actually, "mon" can be translated to either "gate" or "door". "tobira" is more like "door", but depending on the situation it could be translated to "gate" as well. Actually "tobira" is literally the "door leaf"/"gate leaf" on the door/gate I think.
Old 2004-09-15, 03:22   Link #66
OshadowO

aarggghhhhh...I hope everyone dies in ep 49.
I hate al even more now. He's becoming about as uselful as sakura from naruto.
Wrath is an annoying little twerp who needs to be chewed by gluttony and spit back out.
Atleast the ending did setup a nice "on the way to the final boss" kind of tone.
Both Ed and Mustang seem to be headed towards the culmination of their journey.

That archer thing was just bad. The worst part is they'll end up wasting precious minutes that could be better used elsewhere to show that fight.
Old 2004-09-15, 04:16   Link #67
krem

two things I didn't like about this episode:

1) where the hell did Izumi come from and why didn't she intervene seeing as she saw everything that happened from Ed killing his mother and Al being kidnapped? Plot hole? Over sight? Random mysterious happening?

2) Terminator Archer - If he doesn't defeat Izumi, and utters the words "I'll be back" I'll tear my hair out.

Other than those two things, pretty good episode finalising things before the big confrontation. I particularly like the Ed and Mustang farewell.
Old 2004-09-15, 04:36   Link #68
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew
There were 16 Zepplins, but only 14 actually made it to London.
Yeah, that is probably it.

Anyone wants to fine-tune my theory? About The Gate leading to (The Truth) our world.
Since it shows glimpses of our world too, when you enter it and we know that London exists in both FMA and our world, and we know that Christianity is a widespread religion here, but not there. So it must be a parallell universe or something of that kind, and the Gate leads to a Limbo-like state, and then when you pass it, you're in our world.

And then Ed would step out in the streets of London and like... "Nani? Furu metaru Arukemisto manga? NANI KORE?!!! EDOWARDO ERURIK!!!" and it would be like that Simpsons Halloween-episode where Homer becomes 3D and comes to our world :P
Old 2004-09-15, 04:37   Link #69
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by krem
Other than those two things, pretty good episode finalising things before the big confrontation. I particularly like the Ed and Mustang farewell.
Yeah, I liked that little moment of "mateship" between Ed & Roy as well. Hopefully they would build that status up to like - Roy & Mae Hughes' level of comradery; should those two meet again later on or in the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T
And then Ed would step out in the streets of London and like... "Nani? Furu metaru Arukemisto manga? NANI KORE?!!! EDOWARDO ERURIK!!!" and it would be like that Simpsons Halloween-episode where Homer becomes 3D and comes to our world :P
One crack too many, sunshine?
Old 2004-09-15, 04:58   Link #70
WristBandMan

why the heck did Ed & Mustang split if they were going towards Pride? Or was Ed going to big bass (Dante) after reading something from the letter~?

and can anyone explain, what was the significance of the title and the goodbyes they exchange? did thye kinda knew one of us is gonna die? (if they did, poor Mustang... you know only living ppl can make it to movies... ehehehe)

edit: one more... since the insignia was inherited by Dante (& Izumi & Ed) was on the circle, and the Ed already transmutation circle for sealing Homonculus, why the heck doesn't he see the connection yet? and Izumi ain't surprised either.
Old 2004-09-15, 05:13   Link #71
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
why the heck did Ed & Mustang split if they were going towards Pride? Or was Ed going to big bass (Dante) after reading something from the letter~?
OMG! You called Dante a fish! Bass = fish.

Ed saw the connection a loooooong time ago! He knew that there was a possibility that Dante was the leader of the Homunculi, but he wasn't totally sure of it. That is why he asked Lust if the leader was someone he knew.
Old 2004-09-15, 05:37   Link #72
Circle

Noooo, Lust! Come back! Meh, I could care less how this series ends now that Lust is gone... jk, I'm still interested.
Old 2004-09-15, 07:41   Link #73
locknoir

I thought this episodes was quite good. FMA is a series with a certain "feeling" to it. And when the colonel and ed said farewell to each other, you really got that "fma feeling" once again. This episode really had a certain feeling to it, preparing us for the last episodes were _I think_ alot of drama will happen. Really nice episode although archernator really scared me ;x
Old 2004-09-15, 09:31   Link #74
animAx

OMG what shit! though the last eps were really full of everything, this one is really empty one! and the biggest shit is the TERMINATOR... eeehh ROBO ARCHER.. muahahahaaa it is that stupid that it isnt funny anymore( i think izumi is goin to die in the battle)! hope that ep 49 is going to rock again!
Old 2004-09-15, 09:40   Link #75
kujoe
from head to heel

I don't know why, but I wasn't really bothered with Archer as some cyborg. I did feel that it was sort of lame, but the good parts seemed to overweigh the bad ones--such as the scene between Izumi and Ed and the last part with Roy and Ed.

But damn it--Lust seems to be gone for good. But it did feel as if the writer(s) left it open enough for an unexpected return. I wouldn't count on it though.

She should've been at least given a more dramatic death than that.
Old 2004-09-15, 09:49   Link #76
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I don't know why, but I wasn't really bothered with Archer as some cyborg. I did feel that it was sort of lame, but the good parts seemed to overweigh the bad ones--such as the scene between Izumi and Ed and the last part with Roy and Ed.

But damn it--Lust seems to be gone for good. But it did feel as if the writer(s) left it open enough for an unexpected return. I wouldn't count on it though.

She should've been at least given a more dramatic death than that.
Lust's death was almost more dramatic then Sloth's ie not dramatic at all
bad that sloth was turned into ethanol then she died the episode after, not very dramatic imo
Old 2004-09-15, 10:02   Link #77
locknoir

I thought the conversation between ed and the colonel was quite dramatic, especially the topic they were talking about. The episode ended really dramatic imo. ;x

Sloth died quite emotional as well, especially the music was really dramatic :<
Old 2004-09-15, 11:49   Link #78
dew

If "the gate leads to the real world" like some of you are speculating, I will lose all respect for the FMA anime, and it'll go down as one of those series that started off great but wound up turning to PURE SHIT in the end of the series. These past couple episodes have been terrible, I had nothing against any episodes before these, and at this rate, it looks like we're not going to get a very good ending out of FMA, even the movie.

I hope I'm wrong. But my hopes aren't up.
Old 2004-09-15, 12:06   Link #79
Pai
ハガレン fan

Imo it's impossible that "the gate leads to the real world"...
if so I will not lose respect for FMA anime, I think it was an interesting plot too.
Imo this is a flashback with hoehn. and a "boy with golden eyes"
These eps have been absolutely fantastic! ^_______^

(and I like anime more than manga)
Old 2004-09-15, 12:39   Link #80
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I don't think the Gate leads to the real world, nor Hell, nor do I think it's Lifestream/Land of Dead now, if you've read my topic on the stuffs seen in the Gate, it contains EVERYTHING, from trilobit to WW2 to 911 to "future events" in FMA world (he saw Nina, who he has not met yet at that time) I don't think trilobits or dinosaurs go to hell, and it seems the lifestream/land of dead theory is also wrong, since if it's where all souls go after people die and deposit their knowledge and memories there, it shouldn't contain future events... It can't be the real world since it contains scenes from the FMA world...
Closed Thread