AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-11-11, 16:40   Link #121
marvelB

Heh, nice to see all this juicy info trickling out now. This really DOES make up for the lack of a chapter this week.

Anyway, I'm also gunning for Dofla being the one who sliced off Z's arm. I mean, it would be kind of random if it turned out to be FORMER WARLORD FROM ROGER'S ERA or whatever. Plus, the fact that a guy like Dofla was capable of crippling an admiral to that extent would just hype him up even further as a major enemy in the series proper.

And yeah, looks like Z is a true badass. A mentor of the 3 admirals (as well as being able to fight on par with them), an arm made out of freaking SEASTONE, and ISN'T a DF user!? Well, I'll be damned. Also, what really impresses me is that (yeah, I'll be putting this in spoiler tags although this already is a spoiler thread):

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
I don't see how a stone can cause so many problems, Shirahosi is not stronger than Luffy and never will be.
Dude, you're missing the point (again). Z's aim is basically to destroy the whole world. And no world = no Age of Piracy. Get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Trio of the Past
I won't be surprised if Garp was the mystery person. He may have turned down the title but he still fought with the top.

Maybe, but I sort of doubt that Garp would be counted as being "officially" part of the trio since he was still a VA back then. I'm kind of thinking that the admiral trio are meant to be a symbol of sorts among the marine (like how it's necessary to have seven pirates to make up the shichibukai).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:42   Link #122
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I don't see how a stone can cause so many problems, Shirahosi is not stronger than Luffy and never will be.
She herself is not stronger than Luffy, but the power she holds makes Luffy pale in comparison. The 3 ancient weapons hold frightening power; this is a fact.
Old 2012-11-11, 16:45   Link #123
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
She herself is not stronger than Luffy, but the power she holds makes Luffy pale in comparison. The 3 ancient weapons hold frightening power; this is a fact.
If it was a fact that you're claiming, it would of said she would have potential to be stronger than Luffy when we found out who she was.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:46   Link #124
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
If it was a fact that you're claiming, it would of said she would have potential to be stronger than Luffy when we found out who she was.
We're not talking about the individuals here, but rather the power they possess. Luffy's power is not comparable in the slightest to that of an ancient weapon's. Period.
Old 2012-11-11, 16:53   Link #125
marvelB

Quote:
We're not talking about the individuals here, but rather the power they possess. Luffy's power is not comparable in the slightest to that of an ancient weapon's. Period.

To add on to this, imagine that Luffy is a gun while Shira is a nuke. Now Kona, can you tell us which is the stronger "weapon"? Or do you seriously think a single shot from a pistol can destroy the whole world?
Old 2012-11-11, 16:55   Link #126
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hmm...if we were to make one-on-one fight Shirahoshi vs Luffy...there's a lot of variables to work with. On land Luffy would get to Shirahoshi and murder her before she could even call the Sea Kings, in water on the other hand Luffy has near 0 mobility so she would have enough to to gain distance and call the Sea Kings to take him out. But let's say Shirahoshi was on a bubble where she could move freely as if in water and they were surrounded by water except for a platform...Luffy would get to her before the Sea Kings even got there. But again...many variables come into play.

If we're talking about who can destroy more and better, Shirahoshi takes it hands down considering that some Sea Kings are bigger than large islands...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 17:04   Link #127
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Yeah, this movie concludes in a way that I didn't expect (which is nice and keeps the power levels in perspective). Hopefully, we'll also see Akainu's post-skip appearance; it just wouldn't feel right to see all the marines' big shots but him. But the one thing I totally didn't expect at all was Doflamingo's involvement in Z's past. Just how many people's business has this guy stuck his nose into? He never ceases to amaze me. And this basically confirms that Doflamingo became a shichibukai 10 years ago since that's when Z left the marines.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:07   Link #128
Kona
Banned

Quote:
We don't know what Luffy is capable of so saying that is too early. Now where does in the manga that it says Shirahosi is stronger than Luffy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
To add on to this, imagine that Luffy is a gun while Shira is a nuke. Now Kona, can you tell us which is the stronger "weapon"? Or do you seriously think a single shot from a pistol can destroy the whole world?
I'm not gonna agree with Shirahosi who controls sea kings which got sliced by Momoga effortlessly.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:11   Link #129
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for the spoiler info. This movie sounds really, really great. This feels like a story that could have easily been in the manga. In fact, I think it sounds better than the two recent arcs of the manga.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:12   Link #130
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
We don't know what Luffy is capable of so saying that is too early. Now where does in the manga that it says Shirahosi is stronger than Luffy?

I'm not gonna agree with Shirahosi who controls sea kings which got sliced by Momoga effortlessly.
Do you not know how to read? Where did we say that Shirahoshi is stronger than Luffy? Direct us to where we said that. I guarantee you won't be able to find that.

You do know that the sea king Momonga took out is nowhere near comparable to the sea kings Shirahoshi can summon, right? I suggest you get your eyes checked, because the sea kings on Fishman Island were island sized (which is extremely massive).
Old 2012-11-11, 17:12   Link #131
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe, but I sort of doubt that Garp would be counted as being "officially" part of the trio since he was still a VA back then. I'm kind of thinking that the admiral trio are meant to be a symbol of sorts among the marine (like how it's necessary to have seven pirates to make up the shichibukai).....
Symbol
Garp fought gold rogers, I don't know how much more symbolic you can get. Kong tried to promote Garp, so the Marines thought highly of Garp and his capabilities. If Garp had any interest I think he would have beaten Sengoku for the title of Fleet Admiral.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 17:16   Link #132
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Do you not know how to read? Where did we say that Shirahoshi is stronger than Luffy? Direct us to where we said that. I guarantee you won't be able to find that.

You do know that the sea king Momonga took out is nowhere near comparable to the sea kings Shirahoshi can summon, right? I suggest you get your eyes checked, because the sea kings on Fishman Island were island sized (which is extremely massive).
Doesn't matter if the Sea kings there are bigger, doesn't say anything about them being stronger. If Momonga can effortlessly take one down I don't see a difference between the ones near FI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qBd8yCpxwQ

Here's the vid Momonga cakewalking the seaking just in case you forget.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:21   Link #133
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Doesn't matter if the Sea kings there are bigger, doesn't say anything about them being stronger. If Momonga can effortlessly take one down I don't see a difference between the ones near FI.
Yes, it doesn't say anything about them being stronger besides them holding the noah ship (which is the size of Fishman Island, mind you) with no effort. You think the WG would consider Poseidon an ancient weapon if a mere vice admiral can solo an army of monstrous sea kings that have the power to destroy the world? Again, get your eyes checked. You know, Oda doesn't exactly have to explicitly state something verbatim for us readers to understand. I'd imagine that he expects the readers to use their brains as well; no need to spoon feed us.
Old 2012-11-11, 17:31   Link #134
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
If Garp had any interest I think he would have beaten Sengoku for the title of Fleet Admiral.
Based on what?
Old 2012-11-11, 17:40   Link #135
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Yes, it doesn't say anything about them being stronger besides them holding the noah ship (which is the size of Fishman Island, mind you) with no effort. You think the WG would consider Poseidon an ancient weapon if a mere vice admiral can solo an army of monstrous sea kings that have the power to destroy the world? Again, get your eyes checked. You know, Oda doesn't exactly have to explicitly state something verbatim for us readers to understand. I'd imagine that he expects the readers to use their brains as well; no need to spoon feed us.
I said he took one down effortlessly, and we don't know how strong the Sea Kings are but a mere VA took one down with no effort. Shirahosi is weak herself so going through sea kings and attacking her shouldn't be that hard. Shirahosi isn't going to be stronger than Luffy.

WB had power to destroy the world. Why wasn't his fruit considered an ancient weapon?
Old 2012-11-11, 19:44   Link #136
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Quote:
Based on what?
Know your self and Know your enemies
Garp is not an idiot. Sengoku thought shiki was gone but Garp knew he would return. He knew Rayliegh's habit has well has the marines capabilities when a marine questioned if they should send the location of Raleigh's position to Fleet Admiral Sengoku. Garp may act stupid at times but underneath he is a person that should never be over looked or underestimated. Akoiji has great respect for him, the Marines acknowledge him has a hero, and Kong saw fit to try and promote him couple of times. His service and dedication to the Marines should not be overlooked. He is also not a weak person. Even in his old age he put Marco Phoenix in his place at Marine Ford. What kind of power did he have in his prime? Also Kong and Garp's may have been close, seeing how Garp treated Admiral Kong during the meeting in strong world chapter. I won't be surprised if Kong was the reason why Garp joined.

Z
I saw the spoilers posted on Marvel B's post. He truly is a badass and a powerful person. If wonder if Oda will make this the first movie to tie into the Manga.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-11-11 at 19:56.
Old 2012-11-11, 19:57   Link #137
marvelB

Quote:
Symbol
Garp fought gold rogers, I don't know how much more symbolic you can get. Kong tried to promote Garp, so the Marines thought highly of Garp and his capabilities. If Garp had any interest I think he would have beaten Sengoku for the title of Fleet Admiral.
I don't doubt that Garp was already admiral-level at that time (chapter 0 even confirmed that much, in fact). I'm just saying I have my doubts that he would be considered a legit member of the marines' "Monster Trio" since he was never promoted. I mean, we already know he's a legend, but I see it more as a legend of his own than shared among a group of peers.

That's why I'm wondering if the marines back then had their own admiral trio whom everyone respected/feared in the same vein as the trio we're more familiar with. It seems clear now that Z was one of them, so if we pair him and Sengoku then there should be one more person (of admiral rank) to make this trinity complete.....

And as far as Garp battling Sengoku for the FA rank goes.... I don't see that happening. Mainly because the two of them seem to have a kind of brotherly relationship, so I doubt they'd find a need to fight each other to the death for the sake of status.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This feels like a story that could have easily been in the manga. In fact, I think it sounds better than the two recent arcs of the manga.

Hey now, Punk Hazard ain't over just yet! Let's put that particular judgement on hold until AFTER the storyline is finished, eh?

Quote:
Z
I saw the spoilers posted on Marvel B's post. He truly is a badass and a powerful person. If wonder if Oda will make this the first movie to tie into the Manga.

Actually, it was BDK who posted the spoilers this time around. I only added my comments.
Old 2012-11-11, 20:05   Link #138
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I don't see them battling either. I meant has promotion wise. And thanks BDK spoiler.
Old 2012-11-12, 15:42   Link #139
marvelB

So someone over at AP who managed to see the premiere of the movie posted the latter half of that plot summary that BDK posted earlier. Therefore, credit goes to sandman from AP for this juicy info:

Spoiler for 2nd half of plot summary:

My thoughts:

Spoiler:

Edit: Other misc. info (again, courtesy of sandman from AP):

Spoiler:

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-11-12 at 16:07.
Old 2012-11-12, 16:46   Link #140
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Franky takes out a whole bunch of White Kuma PX models? Now that is awesome. Seeing as how he's not part of the monster trio, that is very impressive.

Akainu in silhouette form, eh? I guess Oda wants to save his full reveal for the manga storyline. What a tease.

Nice to know that some of the buster call VAs (if not all of them) accompany Kizaru to deal with Z.

This film really shows that there's some deep history amongst the marines. I imagine that once everyone gets to see it, the popularity of the marines will surely rise amongst the fanbase.