AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 01:23   Link #2381
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
It just felt like SEED Destiny lacked a lot of originality too, specially mid-way through to the end, where it melted down into SEED 2.0 pretty much.
There are enough differences. But anyway, Seed Destiny is a sequel to SEED. So it technically is SEED 2.0.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:05   Link #2382
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It just felt like SEED Destiny lacked a lot of originality too, specially mid-way through to the end, where it melted down into SEED 2.0 pretty much.
Yeah. IMO there’s a big difference between a good sequel and a “rehash” sequel. Zeta Gundam is pretty much in the first category. It’s like Jim Cameron’s Aliens of Gundam universe. On the other hand, Destiny’s lackluster-ness of a sequel is similar to The Hangover II .
Old 2013-01-06, 09:13   Link #2383
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Or Ray, who literally WAS Rau, lol.

Indeed. Destiny would have been better had Rey not been a Rau clone and they removed all that Spatial Awareness stuff by doing as they originally planned. Such as killing Rau, Mu, and Kira by SEED's end. Would have made for a better story, a world without the CE version of Newtypes as they struggle to solve their own issues without such special powers holding their hands.

Furthermore the time spent on Kira would have been better spent on Shinn, Lunamaria, Athrun, Cagalli, Rey, Talia, and Durandal.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 09:21   Link #2384
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Indeed. Destiny would have been better had Rey not been a Rau clone and they removed all that Spatial Awareness stuff by doing as they originally planned. Such as killing Rau, Mu, and Kira by SEED's end. Would have made for a better story, a world without the CE version of Newtypes as they struggle to solve their own issues without such special powers holding their hands.

Furthermore the time spent on Kira would have been better spent on Shinn, Lunamaria, Athrun, Cagalli, Rey, Talia, and Durandal.
I think destiny would have been better if they had killed Shinn, Lunamaria, Athrun, Cagalli, Rey, Talia, and Durandal and spent more time on Kira, Rau and Mu.
Old 2013-01-06, 14:56   Link #2385
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I think destiny would have been better if they had killed Shinn, Lunamaria, Athrun, Cagalli, Rey, Talia, and Durandal and spent more time on Kira, Rau and Mu.
They already spent more than enough time on Kira, Mwu, and Rau in SEED.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:17   Link #2386
monster

Why would they spend more time on Rau in Destiny?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 15:38   Link #2387
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Guys, I think Kusa-san is only being sarcastic toward Destined's post. Maybe we shouldn't take it so seriously?
Old 2013-01-06, 21:05   Link #2388
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Actually the idea that everybody was supposed to die in SEED was avoided because it felt too ridiculous for a TV series and voice actors grew attached to the character. Kira dying at the last second would go the idea that since he was "mankind's sin" he had to die totally killing the morale. What everybody had been telling him all along was that he was the same as the others not a guy from another universe.

There are times in the SEED Destiny films that the characters feel the same thing is happening again such as Shinn realizing he is the one invading Orb putting civilians in danger (not to mention he was fighting Kira in Freedom) becoming the type of person he hated.

Also, Durandal's plans are all based on his thoughts involving the First Bloody Valentine War. He got Meer because he wanted to people's attention in the same way as Lacus did in SEED. When talking about Shinn's SEED factor he compares him with Kira and wonders whether he could defeat him (even though Archangel hadn't appeared yet). I think it's in the final confrontation that Durandal tells Kira that the world went back to the war despite all his actions in the first war.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:41   Link #2389
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Destiny would have been better had Kira and Mu died as originally planned. They're the reason Destiny failed. Kira could have died a hero now he lives as a hypocrite that is no different than Durandal. Like Durandal Kira decided at the end of Destiny he will fight and force people to live the way he thinks is best which is what Durandal was doing with his Destiny Plan.
Old 2013-01-07, 10:03   Link #2390
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

I think destiny would have been better if it would not have ben produced in the first place.
It's obvious that it was only made to milk the cow after it became clear that Seed was popular.

And the reason why Destiny failed is because the story was nonsense and the characters where incredible dumb and annoying, especially Shin and his crazy girlfriend.
In my opinion "Destiniy" is an incredible big train wreck and I usually tend to pretend it never existed. The are god know how many revies and thread on the net that explain why.
This was one of the view shows where I facepalmed really hard every couple of episodes and it is this show that made me realize that I don't need to watch every crap to the end.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 12:43   Link #2391
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

I honestly dont understand how anyone could hate destiny i mustve of watched it 10 times and 60x for shinn pwning kira ep.....not even a nuke next to the cockpit could take out kira....damn bastard had god mode on throughout the whole damn show
Old 2013-01-07, 13:49   Link #2392
Destined_Fate

Lunamaria isn't crazy. The crazy one is Lacus stashing WMDs everywhere because her end goal was to trick Kira into fighting again so she could take over the PLANTS.

Kira's god mode was a huge reason why Destiny failed. Poor guy couldn't even get himself killed even if he tried.
Old 2013-01-07, 15:25   Link #2393
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Take Kira or Lacus away and we would still have many more characters left that were incredible bad and an even more dumb story.
There is absolutely not one good thing, except for the OST, that I can say about this sequel.
In the end the overall consensus is that Destiny was bad and that for many many many good reasons.
Old 2013-01-07, 15:37   Link #2394
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Only things I liked about SEED and SEED Destiny were some MS designs (aesthetically anyway for most) and the music. Not much else. Same with Wing and 00.

People love bashing Turn A Gundam because it looks so odd compared to others, yet completely overlook how, to this day, it's still the most powerful "Gundam" ever, making Hi-Nu Gundam, Wing Gundam Zero, Strike Freedom, and 00-Raiser look like nothing, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 17:04   Link #2395
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Lunamaria isn't crazy. The crazy one is Lacus stashing WMDs everywhere because her end goal was to trick Kira into fighting again so she could take over the PLANTS.
Wasn't that Flay? This sounds like one of the funniest fanfictions ever especially considering how the two had previously retired.

About that scene of Impulse piercing Freedom, everybody points out that Shinn didn't even reach the cockpít as both Freedom and Justice's cockpits are located above regular mobile suits. Hell, if Freedom had nuked half of the show's cast would have died. The case that actually confused me was Athrun and Meyrin being directly attacked by the Destiny suit.

Weird thing is that Destiny was a big hit in Japan surpassing the SEED's DVD sales but having a lower rating. 00 did a bit lower than Destiny while Age... everybody knows.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 17:42   Link #2396
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Wasn't that Flay? This sounds like one of the funniest fanfictions ever especially considering how the two had previously retired.

About that scene of Impulse piercing Freedom, everybody points out that Shinn didn't even reach the cockpít as both Freedom and Justice's cockpits are located above regular mobile suits. Hell, if Freedom had nuked half of the show's cast would have died. The case that actually confused me was Athrun and Meyrin being directly attacked by the Destiny suit.

Weird thing is that Destiny was a big hit in Japan surpassing the SEED's DVD sales but having a lower rating. 00 did a bit lower than Destiny while Age... everybody knows.
People like the prequel so people by the sequel. After watching the sequel and after some time was gone by and the hype has ended, people realize how bad the show really was, so low ratings.
Old 2013-01-07, 19:05   Link #2397
Washu-Chan