AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 12:44   Link #8901
NeoDoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Full raws are out.

fucking crazy ass girl is fucking crazy. All in all surpringly good fight.

Could you pls send me a link to the RAW, cannot wait for cxc to translate this one! I will be morbid if Zenkichi's "Devil Style" was eaten by Shiranuis "real eater"!!!! Devil Style is my favorite skill in this whole Mary Sue manga.
NeoDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:00   Link #8902
peterim09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoDoom View Post
Could you pls send me a link to the RAW, cannot wait for cxc to translate this one! I will be morbid if Zenkichi's "Devil Style" was eaten by Shiranuis "real eater"!!!! Devil Style is my favorite skill in this whole Mary Sue manga.
http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea...s/373377/1#ver
peterim09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:02   Link #8903
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Screw you guys...here I am trying to resist the temptation and you go ahead and post links to the full RAW D:
I hate yall

Except Tenchi...cause he mah homeboy
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:12   Link #8904
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterim09 View Post
I'd put that in spoiler tags as posting links to raws might be against the rules. Scans should either be soon today or tomorow though their "schedule" did state today...
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:30   Link #8905
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

I really want to know the reason for Zenkichi's hair-color change.
And it's good to see a straightforward battle between fists and weapons (yet, the oddest feeling of deja vu keeps invading me while seeing the battle).
Old 2012-05-10, 13:37   Link #8906
Knighto

Mother of god, that had got to hurt a fucking lot.
Knighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:40   Link #8907
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Mother of god, that had got to hurt a fucking lot.
Spoiler for just in case:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 13:46   Link #8908
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Spoiler for just in case:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-05-10, 14:21   Link #8909
Last Carpet

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 14:22   Link #8910
Cruor

iirc the chapters that started the Zen arc (118 I think? The 2 or 3 chapters where he had the shit beaten out of him by Medaka and was given the speech by Ajimu) were among the highest rated in the series' history. Its just the next few weeks didn't deliver as well as it should (well, more like every series at the time was revealing huge plots. So its more like it couldn't keep up with the other shit that was rolling with it).
Cruor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 17:59   Link #8911
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
iirc the chapters that started the Zen arc (118 I think? The 2 or 3 chapters where he had the shit beaten out of him by Medaka and was given the speech by Ajimu) were among the highest rated in the series' history. Its just the next few weeks didn't deliver as well as it should (well, more like every series at the time was revealing huge plots. So its more like it couldn't keep up with the other shit that was rolling with it).
When talking about rankings you have to remember that the actual chapters each ranking corresponds to is 7 chapters back due to the delay. Also, you can't count colour pages. The chapters that started the Zen arc were "decent" (13th, 8th, etc.) but Medaka Box's actual best chapter was ch. 114 at 4th.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 18:01   Link #8912
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
When talking about rankings you have to remember that the actual chapters each ranking corresponds to is 7 chapters back due to the delay. Also, you can't count colour pages. The chapters that started the Zen arc were "decent" (13th, 8th, etc.) but Medaka Box's actual best chapter was ch. 114 at 4th.
Umm we don't actually know the delay, so you can't really state that either. We just know there's a delay. Hell we don't even really know the time period of voting, if several weeks worth our allowed, then obviously the rankings wouldn't be influenced by single chapter but more a period of time. Even if it was just in regards to that chapter. The overall lack of information about ToC makes pining pointing chapters of popularity worthless, you can only really use it to judge arcs and mini arcs.
Old 2012-05-10, 22:29   Link #8913
[HearT]

hmm...is it just me or is devil style now ineffective? Zenkichi was able to dodge the blade by the 'width of a hair', and also miss Ruki ended up being the 'weakest' of the suitors... so either zenkichi can turn off its effect, or he somehow got rid of it~

I prefer zenkichi's hair black♥
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 22:35   Link #8914
kingstonbeer

good lord that naze face
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 22:46   Link #8915
Sol Falling

New chapter out...in the process of reading it, first I've been poring over the information page ("Media Box" lol).

Not that much new stuff, first just some novel summary information...Medaka's speech bubble confirms that Kuguhara-sensei (the male on the right) is/was? her homeroom teacher for first year. Incidentally regarding that: a little while back when I was browsing through the Minus arc recently I came across the section where Kumagawa/Class -13 took over the second year Class 13 classroom. The reason it was available (as Shiranui informed them) was because none of the second year Class 13 students come to school...however, as for first year Class 13 and third year Class 13, the sole students who did come in each of those years were Medaka and Hinokage respectively. Point being: Medaka has always been in Class 13, but she (used to be?) the only one who came to class. If Kuguhara Messhi was her homeroom teacher, then, they must have had some really interesting conversations.

Anyway, the big thing which caught my attention: Kumagawa's gonna be on the cover of the next issue of Jump Next! Is there gonna be another oneshot or something? Somebody with better Japanese than me should confirm.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 22:51   Link #8916
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
hmm...is it just me or is devil style now ineffective? Zenkichi was able to dodge the blade by the 'width of a hair', and also miss Ruki ended up being the 'weakest' of the suitors... so either zenkichi can turn off its effect, or he somehow got rid of it~

I prefer zenkichi's hair black♥
Well, firstly your quoting is sorta wrong. It wasn't 'by the width of a hair', he dodged the attack from 'a hair's breath away', there is a difference. Secondly, Devil Style destroys fate, it dosen't mean that random chance is destroyed.

Thirdly, it's obviously still active given that Zenkichi is the weakest member of the Council. If Devil Style didn't eliminate all the privileges of being the main character, that wouldn't be the case.

Also, this was a bizarre chapter. It wasn't bad but I feel like I was trolled on several points.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:28   Link #8917
sungreentakeo

After reading 145, I'm convinced that everything has gone exactly the way that Ajimu intended. I now feel extremely suspicious of what happened when Medaka pulled a heel face turn on Ajimu. Zenkichi has actually turned into a main character. I thought that was just a pretense to distract us from the conflict between Ajimu and Medaka in that arc, and Ajimu was using her abilities to temporarily make Zenkichi the main character in the same way that Ajimu temporarily allowed Kumogawa to win. Zenkichi in the current arc isn't just the underdog or someone you side with because you're raging at another character being a complete asshat.

Zenkichi has overcome what I felt was the biggest difficulty in his character. He was too normal, 'average', that he really didn't matter all that much. What is the relevance of a mortal in a world filled to the brim with gods, especially if the mortal isn't gifted with the coincidence/fate of being significant somehow like being destined to become a hero? I thought Zenkichi just simply didn't have the capability to compete with the ridiculous powerhouses that this manga is strewn with. He rarely did anything surprising or outrageous and mostly just reacted. He's definitely not the same Zenkichi he was beforehand.

I had a suspicion for a while that 'Devil Style' was going to be the final nail in the coffin of Zenkichi's character. Even other shounen main characters who have 'anti-abnormal' abilities still rely on coincidence heavily to succeed, even more so since coincidence was the only way for them to succeed against opponents that were always stronger than them. I thought that perhaps Devil Style would just keep Zenkichi out of the wierd and outrageous world that Medaka's abnormality (fate) creates, and essentially turn him into an afterthought that you hear about occassionally in the background. I had thought that maybe Devil Style had a hand in why Zenkichi simply didn't appear for most of the previous arc, despite him playing a critical role. That isn't the case at all. Zenkichi using his own version of altered god mode just raised a bunch of exclamation and question marks over my head. There is no question about it; Zenkichi having or even being capable of developing that ability at all is extremely surprising.

Moreover, I thought he was only going to get a moral victory in this fight at best. He actually defeated a 'godly' level character. He's still going with the whole weak and normal motif with all his talk about him being the weakest, but he did just defeat a character that could slice a battleship in half. What?

Something unusual is going on here, and it doesn't just have to do with the 'jet black wedding'.
sungreentakeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:42   Link #8918
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Anyway, the big thing which caught my attention: Kumagawa's gonna be on the cover of the next issue of Jump Next! Is there gonna be another oneshot or something? Somebody with better Japanese than me should confirm.
It's not the cover of Jump Next, that's just an alternate cover for volume 15 that's included if you buy Jump Next, there's also an alternate cover for Kuroko no Basuke included.
Tho there is a pic of Medaka on the cover of Jump Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Well, firstly your quoting is sorta wrong. It wasn't 'by the width of a hair', he dodged the attack from 'a hair's breath away',
I don't care.
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:48   Link #8919
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungreentakeo View Post
I had a suspicion for a while that 'Devil Style' was going to be the final nail in the coffin of Zenkichi's character. Even other shounen main characters who have 'anti-abnormal' abilities still rely on coincidence heavily to succeed, even more so since coincidence was the only way for them to succeed against opponents that were always stronger than them.
Devil Style was never anti-abnormal though. It just stops random coincidences and all those other kind of cliche events like powering up in a desperate situation etc from happening. I mean it's more like an anti-Medaka or in the terms of the manga anti-main character ability since it stops the shounen cliches that would always favor the MC to win.

Also crack theory, the main reason that Medaka and the rest of the gang lost? Because they are now side characters since Zen is the main, and side characters exist to be rescued by main characters.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 23:58   Link #8920
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungreentakeo View Post
After reading 145, I'm convinced that everything has gone exactly the way that Ajimu intended. I now feel extremely suspicious of what happened when Medaka pulled a heel face turn on Ajimu. Zenkichi has actually turned into a main character. I thought that was just a pretense to distract us from the conflict between Ajimu and Medaka in that arc, and Ajimu was using her abilities to temporarily make Zenkichi the main character in the same way that Ajimu temporarily allowed Kumogawa to win. Zenkichi in the current arc isn't just the underdog or someone you side with because you're raging at another character being a complete asshat.

Zenkichi has overcome what I felt was the biggest difficulty in his character. He was too normal, 'average', that he really didn't matter all that much. What is the relevance of a mortal in a world filled to the brim with gods, especially if the mortal isn't gifted with the coincidence/fate of being significant somehow like being destined to become a hero? I thought Zenkichi just simply didn't have the capability to compete with the ridiculous powerhouses that this manga is strewn with. He rarely did anything surprising or outrageous and mostly just reacted. He's definitely not the same Zenkichi he was beforehand.

I had a suspicion for a while that 'Devil Style' was going to be the final nail in the coffin of Zenkichi's character. Even other shounen main characters who have 'anti-abnormal' abilities still rely on coincidence heavily to succeed, even more so since coincidence was the only way for them to succeed against opponents that were always stronger than them. I thought that perhaps Devil Style would just keep Zenkichi out of the wierd and outrageous world that Medaka's abnormality (fate) creates, and essentially turn him into an afterthought that you hear about occassionally in the background. I had thought that maybe Devil Style had a hand in why Zenkichi simply didn't appear for most of the previous arc, despite him playing a critical role. That isn't the case at all. Zenkichi using his own version of altered god mode just raised a bunch of exclamation and question marks over my head. There is no question about it; Zenkichi having or even being capable of developing that ability at all is extremely surprising.

Moreover, I thought he was only going to get a moral victory in this fight at best. He actually defeated a 'godly' level character. He's still going with the whole weak and normal motif with all his talk about him being the weakest, but he did just defeat a character that could slice a battleship in half. What?

Something unusual is going on here, and it doesn't just have to do with the 'jet black wedding'.
Kinda this. I mean, I feel like the author is hiding something, I feel trolled. And he totally trolled me to shit with those glasses. He knew people would jump to conclusions regarding Parasite Seeing when they saw those.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council