AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 00:14   Link #4621
Sommer
Hobbit

But doesn't Relena take care of Heero when he was injured? That Heero IS injured and that Relena is cleary taking care of him.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 00:37   Link #4622
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lion View Post
Did you expect something completely off the wall? They're successors to the five Gundams, of course they're going to share the same themes. Prometheus looks exactly the way it should: a Heavyarms upgrade with some new armor patterns and a bunch of new weapons.

I expect the same out of the other 5 and look forward to it.

It seems like you expected something that's not Gundam Wing, and got upset when you found out it was.
You imply I'm upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
I feel like we need to make a bet on this one....

I will assume that it's going to be Relena and Heero Pilot.
Just what we need, Heero using a super Zero System with Relena as a sub-pilot. Their Gundam will move by the power of "Love".
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 12:27   Link #4623
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hm, seems I was mistaken. They slapped it in the Preventer 5 story in Volume 6 of the novel. Whoops. Guess I ignored it
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 04:40   Link #4624
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Hm, seems I was mistaken. They slapped it in the Preventer 5 story in Volume 6 of the novel. Whoops. Guess I ignored it
So that picture is Relena and Heero..? Probably sometime after EW..?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 13:41   Link #4625
Tendou Souji

Quote:
So that picture is Relena and Heero..? Probably sometime after EW..?
I think that was the time Relena was taking care of Heero after EW. Before he disappeared again.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 18:22   Link #4626
Ferhb

I wonder if I could find the raw of GoL 21... does anyone know?
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 10:16   Link #4627
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Oh haha I forgot to release that huh? Whoops :P

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2012-07-12, 19:22   Link #4628
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Oh haha I forgot to release that huh? Whoops :P
It happens...
Old 2012-07-14, 12:52   Link #4629
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Episode 21 is out now :x

Old 2012-07-14, 15:25   Link #4630
Tendou Souji

Thanks Deacon.

Looks like Noin isn't fighting like in the show. Would have liked her to fight during that battle. Wufei is probably out too like in the show. The current Leos are the Mark V/5. Do we know all 5 models now?

Duo carries multiple guns on him. Nice to know. Relena and Heero scene was okay. I liked it.
Who wants to take bets on how many chapters this battle is?

What happens after this fight makes or breaks this manga. It only gets made once a month and these next few parts in Wing were pretty much plot focused with not much true MS action until the Antarctica fight aside from Trowa's attack at the circus and Trowa underground in the sewer. Those are slaughters though so I don't really count them. I think Zechs may have had a part when he, Alex and Muller took over that base. People will lose interest if they drag on the plot portions too long. That seems to be a huge problem with both FT and Glory. No real focus or direction and plot that is dragged on too long.
Old 2012-07-14, 18:49   Link #4631
gordol
Banned

FT flashback had the following Leo models:
-Mark I, original ground Leo
-Mark II, original space Leo
-Mark III, Chimera, upgraded space Leo
-Mark IV, Grief, custom Leo for Specials

Mark V is new to me
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 01:17   Link #4632
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I'd venture to guess that the Mark V is the final variant that we see in the television series and what not.

Old 2012-07-16, 01:45   Link #4633
Eeni

quick question:

I know we've been though this a million times, but I can't seem to remember correctly... the PPP is a vaccine that helps prevents rapid aging, but there was something else that it did, something like prevent people from killing others..?

THANK YOU DEACON! You're work is always appreciated!

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2012-07-16, 16:00   Link #4634
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Thanks for the release, Deacon. It's highly amusing how even Duo is fed up with Heero's and Relena's peculiar sense of flirting. xD

As for your question Eeni, firstly, I think the PPP is only the nanomachine mumbo jumbo inside the Mars aging vaccine. Secondly, it prevents people from harming Relena (I don't remember how it does that) and clogs up your blood vessels when Relena is killed by everyone but Heero.
...ah wait, that's probably how the "not harming Relena" thing works. :P

Another question: I'm watching EW and something has been nagging me about Heero trying to blast Mariemaia and Dekim to kingdom come. On the third shot, does he swerve to the left a little? He lowers the buster rifle a little after Dekim says Relena is down there with them, so I'm not sure if he pulls it back on target or points it a little to the left so as to not kill Relena.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 18:29   Link #4635
rereremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Thanks for the release, Deacon. It's highly amusing how even Duo is fed up with Heero's and Relena's peculiar sense of flirting. xD

As for your question Eeni, firstly, I think the PPP is only the nanomachine mumbo jumbo inside the Mars aging vaccine. Secondly, it prevents people from harming Relena (I don't remember how it does that) and clogs up your blood vessels when Relena is killed by everyone but Heero.
...ah wait, that's probably how the "not harming Relena" thing works. :P

Another question: I'm watching EW and something has been nagging me about Heero trying to blast Mariemaia and Dekim to kingdom come. On the third shot, does he swerve to the left a little? He lowers the buster rifle a little after Dekim says Relena is down there with them, so I'm not sure if he pulls it back on target or points it a little to the left so as to not kill Relena.
If you mean just before Relena put her hand over her chest (doing telepathy I guess ) I guess he pulls it back on target, he looked insisted, but then he remembered that little girl, maybe reminded by Mariemaia, or because that little girl as he "suddenly " remembered how Relena's life is important (to the world peace or to himself) so the target gets loosened.
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 18:46   Link #4636
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Thanks Deacon. OZ's Brickman Space Force. I love it. Interesting to see Trant and Sedici involved in the taking of Barge/Bulge.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Thanks Deacon.

Looks like Noin isn't fighting like in the show. Would have liked her to fight during that battle. Wufei is probably out too like in the show. The current Leos are the Mark V/5. Do we know all 5 models now?

Duo carries multiple guns on him. Nice to know. Relena and Heero scene was okay. I liked it.
Who wants to take bets on how many chapters this battle is?

What happens after this fight makes or breaks this manga. It only gets made once a month and these next few parts in Wing were pretty much plot focused with not much true MS action until the Antarctica fight aside from Trowa's attack at the circus and Trowa underground in the sewer. Those are slaughters though so I don't really count them. I think Zechs may have had a part when he, Alex and Muller took over that base. People will lose interest if they drag on the plot portions too long. That seems to be a huge problem with both FT and Glory. No real focus or direction and plot that is dragged on too long.
I'm going to say four.

Make or break? How so? We've already seen multiple chapters that featured zero action. With that said, we should see the Maganacs taking on OZ like in Episode 10 and Wufei helping Sally and her rebel group. But even Sumisawa skips those scenes, the next few chapters before the duel in Antarctica and colony arc will be entertaining.

Quote:
I've never picked up on that. He definitely aims a little to the left after recalling the little girl and dog (among numerous others) he accidentally killed. Just another sign of his humanity surfacing.
Old 2012-07-16, 22:03   Link #4637
Ferhb

Actually, I remember it differently. I think Heero lowers the beam cannon after Dekim tells him Relena is there, but as he remembers the little girl he locks onto target again, because he doesn't want history to repeat itself...
Old 2012-07-16, 22:06   Link #4638
Eeni

Quote:
For the most part, the tagline that I'm getting for EW is simply "stop war in a peaceful manner". Heero does pull his shot after remembering the little girl, ultimately allowing everyone in the bunker to live. We even get a whole sequence where all the gundam pilots plus Noin & Zechs stop all of Mariemaia's army without killing a single soldier (=_=;; and the Dorothy with the crowd having a peaceful protest to end violence.

Old 2012-07-17, 01:27   Link #4639
Tendou Souji

Quote:
For the most part, the tagline that I'm getting for EW is simply "stop war in a peaceful manner". Heero does pull his shot after remembering the little girl, ultimately allowing everyone in the bunker to live. We even get a whole sequence where all the gundam pilots plus Noin & Zechs stop all of Mariemaia's army without killing a single soldier (=_=;; and the Dorothy with the crowd having a peaceful protest to end violence.
But Heero killed tons of Serpent pilots with all 3 shots and who knows who died inside the bunker when it collapsed.
Old 2012-07-17, 01:28   Link #4640
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We don't actually know if anyone died during that, actually. I certainly don't recall any destroyed mobile suits with the first two shots.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing