AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 17:04   Link #1
Haruyan

[Umineko] Fan Fic EPX-2

This fanfic is based on the work "Umineko no Naku Koro ni" by Ryukishi07.
Inspired by Nadeor's original EPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch's Letter
Greetings,
My most gracious welcome to you, mortal, please step in and take a seat. Tea will be poured soon.

As you must know, bore is the mortal enemy of witches, and so I've come to relieve the monotony of my master's life. I've come to present you a most interesting board, of the same kind you've been enjoying with our esteemed Lady Beatrice. We are sure you will enjoy our game too.

The pieces have been set and only your presence is missing, if you wish to play, please respond this letter to add you to the roster. However, if you wish to quit and declare my master the absolute winner, you will be turned into her furniture; same will happen if the is no winner by the end of our game.

The rules are simple, after seeing the game board you may begin to place your theories and request recitals. Recitals in red will the absolute truth, recitals might also be refused, for whatever reason.

Don't worry, complicated theories are not needed here, fufufufu~

We hope you will join our game while you wait for Lady Beatrice's new board. We await for you eagerly.

And remember,
All horses are the same color~

Laplace's Demon
RULES:
(Inspired by Nadeor's rules and game)
Recitals in red are the absolute truth.
Recitals may be refused for whatever reason.
Game will starts March 13.
The duration of the game is two weeks, unless someone discovers the truth~
Game ends on March 27th.
Post here so I can add you to the game, you may still join half-way in.
You cannot post theories unless you're in the game roster.
If you wish to resign you will turn to furniture.
Furniture may still post theories but may not request recitals.
Let's keep it clean and not use harsh words on each other. Remember, it's just a game.
Closed room definition is the same as Beatrice-sama

Players:

* Jan-Poo
* alarmadadna hadi
* tcaz2
* Kitsu
* Mysticmidnightmaiden
* Goose Boy
* hodil
* HigurashinoUmineko
* crazysjd89
*FIREwing

Spoiler for Umineko EPX-2:

* Some changes in the rules to make it easier for the human side:

* State your theories in blue in simple sentences. The witch side will tell you how many of those sentences are wrong, right or half-true.

* There are seven main mysteries in this game: the first twilight, Jessica/Kanon murder, Shannon's murder, Gohda's murder, the boiler room murder, Battler's murder and the disappeared people. The human side must correctly state the murdered/accomplice and method of murder for each one.

* The human side has to resolve six(6) of the seven(7) mysteries to win.

* You may state the murderer+accomplice(s) after resolving the mysteries, but you cannot win without correctly discovering who the murdered was.

* The end date for the game is still the 27th

* Randomly, or at request (though it may be refused), Laplace's Demon will start a Mystery Mini-game. if correctly solved, the winner may ask for a wish, such as clues, reconstruction of a scene, description of surrounding, etc.

* Unless stated otherwise, players can ask for recitals in red, which may or may not be refused for whatever reason. Request already recited are posted in the first page, so if you're doubtful, check it, the witch doesn't like to repeat herself many times.

Last edited by Haruyan; 2009-03-17 at 20:43.
Haruyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:05   Link #2
Haruyan

Spoiler for Recitals in red:

Last edited by Haruyan; 2009-03-18 at 12:49.
Haruyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:10   Link #3
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

count me in ^^

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 19:14   Link #4
alarmadadna hadi

Thing is, my heavy schedule during weekdays will probably make it impossible to post, but I wanna make it up in weekends.
If this is okay with your rules, then I'd love to join in the fun too~
alarmadadna hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 19:16   Link #5
Haruyan

@Jan-Poo, thanks for joining
@alarmadadna, sure you can still join, the time limit is two weeks (unless someone solves it), I could stretch it out a bit more anyway.
Old 2009-03-12, 21:31   Link #6
tcaz2

Eh why not, I'll join.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 01:10   Link #7
denice25

Thanks for posting..
denice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 10:06   Link #8
Kitsu
The unlucky one

If it's okay with you let me join the fun
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 11:55   Link #9
Haruyan

I've started the game, if you'd like to join you still can, just make a post saying you'd like to join, otherwise you can't post theories or request recitals.
Old 2009-03-13, 12:51   Link #10
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm there are too may holes to make a definitive theory, more informations are needed.

One thing that everyone overlooked is that the five masters key might not be the only mean to close and open the doors

say it in red:
-Only the five master keys can open/close the doors (involved in the crimes) of the house the guesthose and the chapel.
-There are no duplicates of the five master keys
-The doors involved in the crimes cannot be lockpicked
-The doors involved in the crimes are perfecyly normal doors without any device (other than the visible lock) that could open or close them. this includes any kind of autolock and remote lock.

Should even one of the above sentence be false the closed rooms could be explained

So far the most probable culprit is Kinzo whose wereabouts were competely overlooked. A clarification about the people that where present in the living room of the guest house at the time of Jessica and Kanon deaths is needed. Who was there? Can all of those people provide each other an alibi for the aforementioned crime?
Can they completely rule out the posibility that another person snook inside the guesthouse and killed Jessica and Kanon without them noticing?

Old 2009-03-13, 13:01   Link #11
Haruyan

-Only the five master keys can open/close the doors of the house, the guest house and chapel.
-There are no duplicates of the five master keys
-The doors of the house, the guest house, chapel and shed cannot be lockedpicked.
-The doors involved in the crime are perfectly normal doors without any devices (other than the visible lock) that could open or close them. This includes any kind of autolock or remote lock.

-The people that were in the living room after Jessica and Kanon left are: Natsuhi, Battler, Maria, Rudolf, Shannon, Gohda, Nanjo and Genji.
Old 2009-03-13, 13:19   Link #12
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm then just to remove any chance of defying the locked rooms
Say in red:
- There is no way to lock the windows from outside the rooms, this include any kind of automatic devices.
- There are no hidden/secret passages in the closed rooms. The only way for a human to enter and leave them is through the doors and windows that are clearly visible.

Quote:
-The people that were in the living room after Jessica and Kanon left are: Natsuhi, Battler, Maria, Rudolf, Shannon, Gohda, Nanjo and Genji.
What happened to Hideyoshi?

Old 2009-03-13, 13:24   Link #13
Haruyan

-There are no hidden or secret passages in the closed rooms. The only way to come in and out is through the visible doors or windows.
-There is no autolock device on the windows, on both the second and first floor.

Ah, good call, sorry I missed that one.

-Hideyoshi was also in the living room after Jessica and Kanon left.

And just to add a little more....
-The gun in Battler's hand is a Winchester Model 1895 rifle.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:09   Link #14
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I'm allowed to ask you to repeat in red what i want? (of course not somethin like random names and saying he is the culprit)...if thats the case

I'll start with the basics facts...who is dead and who isn't

Repeat it in red:

- Maria, Hideyoshi, Genji, Rudolph and Kinzo survived
- Natsuhi was killed by Hideyoshi
- Nanjo was killed in the time of 2:00 till 4:00 on the 5th October
- Gohda, Shannon, Kumasawa, Rosa, Eva, Kanon, Jessica, George, Battler, Krauss and Kyrie are dead
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 14:20   Link #15
Haruyan

- Gohda, Shannon, Kumasawa, Rosa, Eva, Kanon, Jessica, George, Battler, Krauss and Kyrie are dead
-Nanjo was killed between 2:00 and 4:00 of October 5th
-Natsuhi was killed by Hideyoshi
-Maria, Hideyoshi, Genji, Rudolph and Kinzo survived.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:37   Link #16
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
-Nanjo was killed between 2:00 and 4:00 of October 5th
-Natsuhi was killed by Hideyoshi
-Maria, Hideyoshi, Genji, Rudolph and Kinzo survived.
clever! XD

anyway i might nitpick here, but you only said

Quote:
And hideyoshi too. Can you also say in red that none of them includng Hideyoshi left the living room before Shannon was sent to call for Jessica?
If any of them left the living room for whatever reason (let's say toilet related problems) that person could have killed Jessica and Kanon. The culprit could be in possession of chloroform, and he might have used that to put the two asleep.

Let's say jessica was already asleep, the culprit neared Kanon who wasn't suspecting anything, then Kanon was forcefully put asleep with chlorofom. Then the culprit proceeded to kill Jessica, after that he killed Kanon. All of this could have been done swiftly, quickly and without causing any ruckus.

Old 2009-03-13, 14:44   Link #17
Haruyan

-Natsuhi, Battler, Maria, Rudolf, Hideyoshi, Shannon, Gohda, Nanjo and Genji never left the living room after Jessica and Kanon left.
-After Gohda suggested they eat the only ones that left the room were Shannon, Genji and Gohda.
-Genji and Gohda went to the kitchen after Gohda suggested they eat and stayed there until they heard Shannon scream.
Old 2009-03-13, 14:55   Link #18
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Then what if Shannon is the one that killed Jessica and Kanon? She could have walked in the room and killed them quickly taking advantage of the fact one of them or both were sleeping, then she rushed down saying that they were like that when she entered.

Can this possibility be ruled out?

Old 2009-03-13, 14:58   Link #19
Haruyan

It's possible, but then why was Shannon murdered afterwards?
Old 2009-03-13, 15:07   Link #20
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Shannon death was stated in red, however the time of death is not clear.

say in red:
- Shannon body never left the shed after it was found by rudolf

My guess is Shannon faked her death there, of course she didn't work alone she had an accomplice or rather she was an accomplice, but after the mission was completed the true mastermind killed her.