AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-21, 21:26   Link #101
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Despite being a big Hina fan, you gotta admit though, Itou was WAY off in some parts when she was singing Cruel Angel's Thesis. It's definitely several notches below season 2's ED.

No, best part goes to Rie's Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa. I mean, I absolutely couldn't stand the original version (one of the many reasons why I never got far in Maison Ikkoku, dunno, something about the singer's voice), and even how great Mikuni is, she couldn't save it either for me. But Tanaka Rie... wow, just wow. She actually made me listen to the entire thing... multiple times even. Being on character and being on tune really helped, methinks.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:00   Link #102
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Hina and Nagi character singles are already floating on the internet already. Like everything in life, they're leaked on the internet.

Now..Hina's character single would have fitted in with those K-on character singles, her songs have a nice rock to it. Itou's vocals is pretty decent on CD, so no complaints there. Both the A-side and B-side are good songs, might be a little forgetable. But they're a decent listen to.

Nagi's...erm...I listened to each song for 5 seconds and switched it off. They already added some effects to KugiRie's voice, but it still sounds pretty bad. KugiRie is one of the seiyuus who can't even sing on a recording.

I recommend people to listen to Nagi's one first, then Hina's.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:05   Link #103
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Hmm, speaking of their new character CD songs, anyone else get a huge Hitohiro no Hanabira vibe from Hina's "I Miss You"?

Also, Nagi's was just... bad.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:12   Link #104
`tristan`
Moe! Moe!

wasnt there supposed to be another CD for Hina

i think it was named as "Hina: Festival and Carnival"

is it out already? it was supposed to be out by the 24th along with the two character cd's
Old 2009-06-23, 11:42   Link #105
Midonin
Last Engage

The character CD releases did confirm who spots 7 and 8 are going to.

7 is a Wataru/Saki duet with the nun somehow squeezing her way in there, and 8 is Sakuya/Isumi. Which means the only character not singing in this round who did in the first set is Katsura-sensei. I shall keep my thoughts brief, but perhaps her chance will come another day.

Also, second OP and ED confirmed. The new OP is "daily-daily Dream!!" by KOTOKO. Which, aside from reminding me of the second Battle Spirits ED by Ayahi Takagaki with the title, sounds good. The second ED will be done by the Nagi/Hayate duet.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:49   Link #106
xellos2099

Is there going to be a cd with hina version of cruel angel on it?
Old 2009-06-23, 11:50   Link #107
Midonin
Last Engage

There will be a few months ago.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:37   Link #108
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Yay KOTOKO is doing the opening again, I only liked the off-vocal version of Wonder Wind. ELISA is a good singer, but the song didn't match her. It's been a while that she released a single, I think...
Old 2009-06-23, 15:08   Link #109
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Also, second OP and ED confirmed. The new OP is "daily-daily Dream!!" by KOTOKO. Which, aside from reminding me of the second Battle Spirits ED by Ayahi Takagaki with the title, sounds good. The second ED will be done by the Nagi/Hayate duet.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Terrible ending song confirmed.
Old 2009-06-23, 16:22   Link #110
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Quote:
The second ED will be done by the Nagi/Hayate duet.
Loving this~ x3 Nagi/Hayate duet awesome!

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2009-06-23, 20:46   Link #111
thelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
Is there going to be a cd with hina version of cruel angel on it?
The Cruel Angel's Thesis song by Hina is already out. The song is on the CD called: Hayate no Gotoku! Character Cover CD
Old 2009-06-24, 06:41   Link #112
neothe0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Despite being a big Hina fan, you gotta admit though, Itou was WAY off in some parts when she was singing Cruel Angel's Thesis. It's definitely several notches below season 2's ED.

No, best part goes to Rie's Kanashimi yo Konnichiwa. I mean, I absolutely couldn't stand the original version (one of the many reasons why I never got far in Maison Ikkoku, dunno, something about the singer's voice), and even how great Mikuni is, she couldn't save it either for me. But Tanaka Rie... wow, just wow. She actually made me listen to the entire thing... multiple times even. Being on character and being on tune really helped, methinks.
Are you talking about episode 12? I'm fairly sure that was intentional, since she has "never sang before" or whatever.
Old 2009-06-24, 11:30   Link #113
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

From the HiNA festifal and carnival CD, Ito Shizuka isn't the best live singer ever, but she's a seiyuu, so I guess it's okay. She even missed some lyrics in Zankoku na tenshi no thesis...oh well. The otakus there seems to love it. BUT I swear every frikkin anison singer has covered this song, even Mizuki Nana did.

I guess they couldn't be bothered to record a DVD of this, I would liked to see how Ito Shizuka performed live. I think there was a live band too.

It's a CD for Hina and Ito Shizuka fans. Anyone else ... just skip it.
Old 2009-06-24, 12:15   Link #114
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Awesome, I love KOTOKO and glad she's coming back for more Hayate... but I actually didn't mind the Elisa opening too much. As for the ending, well... it could be worse, but I was really hoping for Ayumu to have her time in the spotlight.
Old 2009-06-24, 13:43   Link #115
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I guess they couldn't be bothered to record a DVD of this, I would liked to see how Ito Shizuka performed live. I think there was a live band too.
I'd have to agree. Well, I'd have loved to see Hitomi Nabatame and Itou Shizuka sing Jiyuu Sanka live. I feel like I'm the only one who actually likes this song...

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
It's a CD for Hina and Ito Shizuka fans. Anyone else ... just skip it.
That's like, what, 90% of Hayate no Gotoku's fanbase?

Last edited by qwertyman; 2009-06-24 at 14:30.
Old 2009-06-26, 02:21   Link #116
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Rie Kugimiya will sing !
. . .
D:

But then there's also KOTOKO. Seems like the next OP would be good. .

Anyway, about the Hina's Festival. . I found that the Zankoku no Tenshi Hina's ver is not really good compared to the anime. I know it's the same song, but still.... Probably because I like it better with a video to support the music or something #_#;

Old 2009-07-04, 16:22   Link #117
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Does anyone happen to know what CD this is on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giu1EXKt-yg

Figure I'd get a better response here than trying to ask in a comment with my crappy Japanese. >_>
Old 2009-07-04, 16:43   Link #118
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Does anyone happen to know what CD this is on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giu1EXKt-yg

Figure I'd get a better response here than trying to ask in a comment with my crappy Japanese. >_>
http://www.hayate-music.com/dorama.html

CD2 of the Hayate no gotoku! Hakuou Academy student broadcast
Old 2009-07-04, 16:57   Link #119
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Cool, thanks muchly.
Old 2009-07-06, 10:27   Link #120
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Some good things just don't last long...

I don't hate Kugimiya Rie's singing but I would have preferred the first ED to be around longer.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-07-06 at 10:55.
Closed Thread