Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-20, 05:59   Link #1
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Mystery Animes?

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some animes/mangas involving murder mysteries where the main characters aren't actually detectives, like in Detective Conan, but more like in Kuroshitsuji and Count Cain where the mysteries are very important but there's other stuff too.

Thanks in advance! ^^
Old 2010-02-20, 06:18   Link #2
jedinat

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro - there's an anime too (Neuro sets Yako up as a "detective" and they solve murders and such... but while the mysteries are a big part of the plot, it's not really about solving them, lol... it's about Yako's eating habits and her being tortured by Neuro, and about Neuro being a demon and being aloof and cool and stringing along Yako as his puppet... so yeah, I suggest it even though it features characters who are "detectives")
Old 2010-02-20, 07:39   Link #3
Ash Falls Town

Chaos;Head the main character is only interested in the murders after he is suspected of one of them.
Night Head Genesis has two brothers who deal with supernatural case things as well.
You might also like Persona -Trinity Soul- it has a pretty good mystery feeling to it as well.
Old 2010-02-20, 10:35   Link #4
Haladflire65
*Artist

Monster - the whole anime's a mystery but the main character's just a doctor trying to catch a serial killer. It's pretty heavy stuff though, at 74 episodes... Monster is truly a masterpiece, so it's worth a watch.
Darker than BLACK (season 1) - every mini-arc is pretty much a little mystery. You've probably watched this.
Old 2010-02-20, 10:58   Link #5
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I recommend Darker Than Black. It's a mystery but the characters are agents of a syndicate. Still pretty good. There's a detective in it too but he's mostly for comic relief.

There's also Kara no Kyoukai. There is a detective but he's just a relative of one of the main character and doesn't do anything except provide an explanation as to how said main character is good at finding things out.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-02-20 at 13:16. Reason: spelling errors
Old 2010-02-20, 12:41   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

How about Mushishi? In many ways it plays as a mystery of the week type series, though of course it's so, so much more.
Old 2010-02-20, 13:33   Link #7
qwertyuiopz

ghost hound!!!!!!!!

exactly fits your description
Old 2010-02-20, 15:09   Link #8
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Thanks for your recommendations! I've heard of a few of those but just never got around to watching them ^^
Old 2010-02-20, 15:26   Link #9
Boduar

Baccano! fits I think ...
Old 2010-02-22, 08:53   Link #10
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Well one of the mains (?) is a detective but the show has many more interesting characters, I recommend Mouryou no Hako.
Old 2010-02-22, 09:52   Link #11
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I was going to recommend that myself but the thread asked is a 14 years old He/She will be bored to tears with that. Not to say that it is a bad series, on the contrary

That said, Ghost Hunt will be a series that you'll probably like. From the same creator as Twelve Kingdoms, this series delves into the paranormal side of mistery.
Old 2010-02-22, 18:15   Link #12
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

I've actually started watching Mouryou no Hako, and you're right, it's not really my type of thing I might try watching it again later on ^^ I've seen Baccano and Ghost Hunt and they were awesome
Old 2010-02-22, 18:42   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Nijuu Mensou no Musume - orphaned heiress joins master thief on adventures; later forms the "Detective Girls" with two friends

Shion no Ou - girl sees her parents brutally murdered at four; later becomes Shougi ("Japanese chess") prodigy; the search for the murderer is one of the show's main themes

Yakushiji Ryoko no Kaiki Jikenbo - Ryoko heads the "Supernatural Division" of the Tokyo Police; though the stories verge on the "monster-of-the-week" format, the repartee between the main characters keeps the show entertaining

Ghost Hound - a boy and his sister are kidnapped and she dies; the boy later joins two friends in trying to determine what actually occurred

Bakeneko/Mononoke - a stylish collection of short-stories about a demon slayer who must determine three characteristics of each demon that identifies its origin and vulnerability

I think all of these are appropriate for a fourteen-year-old, though Bakeneko and Mononoke deal with mature subject matter. Ryoko has a sexy presentation style reminiscent of the Bond movies.
Old 2010-02-22, 19:41   Link #14
cerrian

You might want to check out xxxHolic. Along similar lines of Ghost Hunt but by far more supernatural and fantasy.
Old 2010-02-23, 00:02   Link #15
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I would second both Mushishi and Kara no Kyoukai.