AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-02, 22:17   Link #1041
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
"What are we going to do tonight, Relena?"

"The same thing we always do, Heero."

"Try to take over the world."

(am I the only one getting Evil Vamp Willow/Dark Action Pairing vibes from this?)
In that case, I'm left to assume having them frozen was Dorothy's idea. Wanted to get rid of the competition. xD So would that make her the evil fairy in this messed up Sleeping Beauty allegory?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 23:49   Link #1042
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macchafrap View Post
Must point out Sumizawa went to great pains to include the English spelling "Bulge" and explains the name has something to do with the fact that things "swell" or "expand" in the vacuum of space (human-type things do at least, don't they)
Really? Interesting. Well, hopefully we learn more about Bulge and what happened to before AC 195.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
"What are we going to do tonight, Relena?"

"The same thing we always do, Heero."

"Try to take over the world."

(am I the only one getting Evil Vamp Willow/Dark Action Pairing vibes from this?)

I think the roles would be reversed but it does paint a funnier picture with Heero as Pinky.
Old 2010-12-03, 00:05   Link #1043
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I think the roles would be reversed but it does paint a funnier picture with Heero as Pinky.
Naw, Relena'd have to be the brains. She's the politician! Heero's the muscle. ;P
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 00:27   Link #1044
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsoru View Post
naw, relena'd have to be the brains. She's the politician! Heero's the muscle. ;p
Agreed. KITSORU YOU ARE AWESOME.
Old 2010-12-03, 00:42   Link #1045
wingzerosnuggles

Hey Michael! IM! xD

Btw, was it resolved whether or not Catherine/Catalina was Quatre's sister or daughter? Maybe she's a niece via one of his sisters and he adopted her as a sister/daughter hence the confusion?
Old 2010-12-03, 00:48   Link #1046
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Sorry love, I can't. I'm still at work. Just sneaking in here every 10-15 minutes LOL.
Old 2010-12-03, 01:43   Link #1047
wingzerosnuggles

All right then.

And yay, managed to download the chapter 3 raw for EW: GotD. Man, they so over-dramatized the card rip and the tear wipe. Heero MUST let the tear rest on his fingertip and dramatically let the tear blow away. That boy is sending so many mixed signals. Also, I <3 the image of young Relena mirroring her fifteen year old self. So cute! Lol, did she actually rip her dress with her teeth? I've vidded her a bajillion times and I know she didn't do that in the episode. Just used her hands. Oh Heero, you blood faucet. Not as super human as your anime counterpart.
Old 2010-12-03, 02:12   Link #1048
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
All right then.

And yay, managed to download the chapter 3 raw for EW: GotD. Man, they so over-dramatized the card rip and the tear wipe. Heero MUST let the tear rest on his fingertip and dramatically let the tear blow away. That boy is sending so many mixed signals. Also, I <3 the image of young Relena mirroring her fifteen year old self. So cute! Lol, did she actually rip her dress with her teeth? I've vidded her a bajillion times and I know she didn't do that in the episode. Just used her hands. Oh Heero, you blood faucet. Not as super human as your anime counterpart.
The kid lost an awful lot of blood there alright.

The artwork is good. But Sakura Asagi's is the best. I love the Rhythm Emotion video. Did she do that? Coz it looks the same as her style. The first opening video, closing and Endless Waltz are also kickass.

You know I've been thinking, if they remade Gundam Wing, using Asagi's style all the way, with the artwork consistency of Gundam 00 and mechanical designs and special effects of Cowboy Bebop and EW, Gundam Wing will own most anime series out there!
But that's just me...
Old 2010-12-03, 02:53   Link #1049
wingzerosnuggles

Nah, everything in the anime is done by the animators. Asagi had nothing to do with it. I do like the way she draws Relena. Also, others may think it's blasphemy but I like the way Reku Fuyunagi (Ground Zero) drew Relena as well.

Lol, budget restrictions kill everything though. At best, we'd get an OVA. At worst, the manga and novel don't finish serialization if Ace and the new GW Gunpla suffer poor sales.

EDIT: Btw, any chance of getting the Zechs promo from the January issue?
Old 2010-12-03, 03:03   Link #1050
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Nah, everything in the anime is done by the animators. Asagi had nothing to do with it. I do like the way she draws Relena. Also, others may think it's blasphemy but I like the way Reku Fuyunagi (Ground Zero) drew Relena as well.

Lol, budget restrictions kill everything though. At best, we'd get an OVA. At worst, the manga and novel don't finish serialization if Ace and the new GW Gunpla suffer poor sales.

Lol I like the way she draws everyone. Except their bodies. They look too skinny and fragile to me.
Old 2010-12-03, 03:04   Link #1051
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:

OVA's usually have higher budgets than TV series though since they have longer to work on them (since OVA's don't have a set weekly schedule like TV shows- for example, EW was an OVA). So I'd disagree with saying 'at best'- it'd be awesome to get an OVA.

And it's in the FT scans. You didn't see it? >.>
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 03:16   Link #1052
wingzerosnuggles

Lol, the download keeps failing on me with dorm net. I used restaurant wi-fi to get EW: GotD. xD
Old 2010-12-03, 13:54   Link #1053
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Her last name went over my head initially but I just read that Artemis is the mother of Sedici. Gotta love Sumisawa.
Old 2010-12-03, 18:22   Link #1054
Tobi_Uchiha
Tobi is a Good Boy!

[QUOTE=Elo the Blue;3372819]Sounds like arguably the most interesting chapter yet.

Relena fans aren't going to be happy.

not one bit...

still makes me wonder why she was but in to hibernation in the first place and why bring her out then? btw was it hinted how much time (im too afraid to say years) has passed between her and heero? since before he was unfroze? also latly all a sub/support characters in the anime and mangas have taken a bigger role lately.
Tobi_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:10   Link #1055
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi_Uchiha View Post
not one bit...

still makes me wonder why she was but in to hibernation in the first place and why bring her out then? btw was it hinted how much time (im too afraid to say years) has passed between her and heero? since before he was unfroze? also latly all a sub/support characters in the anime and mangas have taken a bigger role lately.
Yeah, I'm wondering how long it has been since she was defrosted too. And why hire Heero for the job? Has she become too invincible that only the mighty Heero Yuy can kill her? T__T And chyeah... why were they frozen in the first place. Got so many questions. This monthly thing is a torture.

You know, I've seen heaps of anime with brainwash arcs and this is always the case:

The announcer goes: *melancholic voice* "There's no other way except to kill him/her." *they make no eye contact whatsoever. look down to the floor with their irises shaking and way shinier, while they clench their fists to their sides*

This kind of plot is one heavy baked cheesecake. In the end, "OMG LOVE IS THE MOST POWERFUL THING IN THE UNIVERSE" [Taylor Swift song right there] and then we see the brainwashed chick/dude going back to their senses, breaking the laws of science that stated there was no other way but killing them off. They snap out of it after an epic one on one with their lover. Afterward they go crying either while running to the arms of their lover to say sorry blah blah blah or because it's too late, they already stabbed/shot their lover and he/she goes smiling while falling to the floor bleeding and saying "I love you. I'm glad you're back." and then die right there. *EYEROLL*

Seriously. This was always the case in ALL the anime I've seen with brainwash arcs. And I know I'm not the only one saying this in the back of their minds.

Man I hope this isn't what's going to happen because even though I'm a 1xR supporter, this isn't their thing. Cheesecakes + shounen = NOT shounen
Old 2010-12-04, 00:17   Link #1056
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
You know I've been thinking, if they remade Gundam Wing, using Asagi's style all the way, with the artwork consistency of Gundam 00 and mechanical designs and special effects of Cowboy Bebop and EW, Gundam Wing will own most anime series out there!
But that's just me...
I'm currently re-watching G-Wing and thought the same thing. Along side the original Mobile Suit Gundam, I think Gundam Wing should more or less get a "Rebuild" touch up. Like the Evangelion movies.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 01:55   Link #1057
wingzerosnuggles

Since GW actually went head to head with Eva in ratings during the 90's, it's likely Sunrise would pull a stunt like that in 2015. That's the 20th anniversary of both Eva and GW as well as the year Eva is set in. I don't think Sunrise would let a significant year like that pass without doing something.
Old 2010-12-04, 02:15   Link #1058
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

2015 you say?

Better get my cryo chamber ready then.
Old 2010-12-04, 02:18   Link #1059
wingzerosnuggles

Lol, that's mere conjecture though. I'm just saying it makes sense from a marketing perspective. Nostalgia sells.
Old 2010-12-04, 02:24   Link #1060
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So, is this thread just for FT alone, or can other Gundam Wing news/projects be discussed here?

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing