AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 248 & 249
10: Amazing... 57 81.43%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 9 12.86%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 3 4.29%
7 out of 10: Good... 1 1.43%
6 out of 10: Average... 0 0%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-11, 06:28   Link #41
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
it's explained by minato that he wants to preserve the balance of power between villages, therefore the kyuubi has to stay in konoha's possession, even if it is just half of it.
Yeah I remember, however I've never heard of the kyuubi being used as a weapon in any of the ninja wars..... Also the hidden cloud has 2 tailed beasts.... can't really consider that a fair split. Still this is all a mute point if the entire world is going to be destroyed by Tobi.
It's a strange decision with quirky reasoning. But I guess it's the best we get.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 10:00   Link #42
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Yeah I remember, however I've never heard of the kyuubi being used as a weapon in any of the ninja wars..... Also the hidden cloud has 2 tailed beasts.... can't really consider that a fair split. Still this is all a mute point if the entire world is going to be destroyed by Tobi.
It's a strange decision with quirky reasoning. But I guess it's the best we get.
The main reason for sealing half of the Kyuubi in Naruto was to protect his village and the people within the village. Everyone there is his 'family'.

Minato understood that the masked man would come back to attack Konoha once again. He thought of him as a harbinger of disaster. He believed Naruto, using half of the Kyuubi's power, would be able to stop him.

In turn this would preserve the balance of power between villages as well. The tailed beasts themselves might not have been used, but the jinchuuriki probably were. Naruto and Bee are both kage level ninjas. So having one or two of these powerful jinchuuriki in your country is very important to show other countries how strong you are. It will keep them from attacking you. Even though the Hidden Cloud had two of them, Konoha had the strongest Bijuu. So I guess this was a 'fair split'.
Old 2012-02-11, 10:38   Link #43
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
the bijou are more or less preventative weapons like DeathScyther points out. They keep countries from attacking each other. I would say that the 2 tails and 8 tails add up to about half the kyuubi's power so it's a pretty fair split. it's not like the villages ever had a perfectly fair split anyway, but having just one bijou, even a lesser one, is enough to make a country think twice about invasion. and given the hidden cloud's constant attempts to undermine and hurt konoha, they certainly would have invaded the village upon hearing news that the kyuubi was gone.

also, minato predicted that naruto would have to use the kyuubi's power to fight tobi and other powerful ninja who may come along down the line to attack konoha. it's exactly what naruto is doing right now and it was most of the reason for minato including his and kushina's chakra in the seal. it was so they could help naruto use the kyuubi's power, among other things, but that was a primary reason
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 13:03   Link #44
Lendial

i havent watched the anime in over 6 months but this ep was particularly great.
Old 2012-02-11, 19:18   Link #45
naruske

would Naruto survive the extraction of his tailed beast since he's an Uzumaki?
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 19:25   Link #46
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
He may not die instantly, but Naruto will still die under normal circumstances.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:10   Link #47
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
logically, monster is correct, but since it's naruto, he wouldn't die for whatever reason kishi wants at the time. I'm not coming down on kishi at all, that's just the way it is and naruto's the main character. he's never going to die unless there's a massive time skip and he's a very old hokage
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:33   Link #48
godlystriker

Just no complaint. We got to see how Minato is just awesome and competent even against that masked Tobi guy.

Last edited by godlystriker; 2012-02-12 at 00:40. Reason: name: Tobi
godlystriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 02:06   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Agreed. Minato's fight against Tobi/Madara was epic, albeit fairly brief. At the end, Minato used his skills, tactics, intelligence, ninjutsu, and strength to own Tobi and take away control off the Kyubi off the masked guy.

Now, one thing that made me to praise both Minato and Kushinas' last moments together and with Naruto was their sacrifice which was emotionally enhanced by two wonderful soundtrack pieces.

The first aria played around the time that Minato told Kushina his plan to prepare Naruto to make him the vessel for the Kyuubi and sealing part of the Kyuubi's chakra within himself.

The second one played at the episode's climax and conclusion when Kushina as a mother said her parting words to Naruto; a flawlessly touching moment between mother and her child.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 00:14   Link #50
Ryu_Hirakashi

I just wanted to say that I had to re register so I could talk about this thread. I haven't yet, but I'm sure these two episodes are worth the 8 years I've spent watching this show. Can't wait!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Ryu_Hirakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 14:39   Link #51
Shay
Monarch Programmer

I think it is safe to say that Minato is clearly the most awesome ninja ever!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 06:17   Link #52
HasuMasu
*Artist

Though despite all that, I still have this lingering feeling that Tobi is stronger than Minato.
Old 2012-02-15, 01:21   Link #53
Ryu_Hirakashi

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Beautiful.... simply Beautiful... I don't have anything else to say TxT
Took the words right out of my mouth! I cried at the end. Even my own childhood wasn't filled with this much emotion. 50 out of 10 for me.
Ryu_Hirakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 04:23   Link #54
tag1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Though despite all that, I still have this lingering feeling that Tobi is stronger than Minato.
He could very well be. But he sure as hell tucked his tail between his legs when he realized Minato wasn't some pushover pretending to be Hokage.

Minato took out one of Tobi's arms therefore eliminating any hand-signs for his jutsu. Tobi was smart enough to know that fighting Minato at less than 100% was suicide.
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 20:02   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

God, this double-episode was amazing. Emotional, actiona-packed, suspenseful. Amazing. I hardly have the words.

Kushina's final words to Naruto were heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. I couldn't help it. I cried.
Old 2012-02-21, 10:11   Link #56
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I must say i hardly ever comment in the Naruto forum and im not one for being that emotional either but the final farewell of both Minato and Kushina as they protected their son was overwhelming powerful for me. Its been a long time in Naruto that i could honestly say i was drawn in. I felt it was equally powerful as Naruto told his Mother he never held what they did against them because they sacrificed their lives for him and he had never known parental love till he met his Mother and father. I think these words gave him mother peace she never wanted this kind of hard life for her son and i think she felt guilty all this time. But Naruto eased that pain and she and Minato can now pass on knowing their son will continue the will Fire. It was very touching and i think now that Naruto has all this info he can move forward with what he knows he must do.

I said this before but i still think it sucks that after all this time the village still does not know Naruto is the son of the 4th. Im not sure about the manga since i dont read it so i can only base this on the anime. But i feel that Naruto existence and linage should be known its not fair to him nor to ancestors. i hope one day that the hidden leaf knows that the one they call the hero of the leaf who saved them from Pain came from serous stock and his father and mother gave their lives to protect Konoha and Naurto is no different
Old 2012-04-27, 14:45   Link #57
Somnus
Eh?

A little late to the party, but I have to comment anyways. I haven't watched Naruto in years, but ever since I read this part I couldn't wait for it to get animated. I just finished watching 246-249 and boy, was the wait ever worth it. The story of Minato & Kushina was so well done, and the cut-ins to the present day with Naruto/Kushina fit in perfectly.

I take no shame in saying that Kushina's final speeches (both past and present) made me shed tears. It was done perfectly, and is one of the extremely few times where I wished there was a happy ending, regardless of how well the actual conclusion turned out to be. I would've enjoyed watching an entire series of Naruto's family, his parents are the now easily my favourite part of the series.

Needless to say, 246-249 are forever going to be archived as a testament to how good the truly were.

Tags
weekly episode discussion