AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-04, 07:37   Link #48061
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Fire
Funny you should ask. Frankly, I don't quite understand myself either... If I have to come up with a reason, it'll be because I just dislike the direction canon is taking as it is now. (Lookin' at you, Izuru-san)

But don't take it as a rant. I figured there's other ways to see this franchise since most of the series' properties are hardly explained, a lot of rules can be bent.

And of course, I'd like to see if there are readers/authors that also like to take things out of canon POV like I do with Athena.

@Zero
No IS in that story, yes? Never played Belkan War so I can't say much... Unless someone suddenly decides to go Akula/Warwolf.
Old 2013-11-04, 07:52   Link #48062
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Strato: Hmm... Well then, what ideal do you want to convey in Athena? Every story should have one (for example, Sakura is "Life is like a Sakura Petal, beautiful but soon fall. So cherish it.", or Paradise Lost is "Peace and Prosperity will never have in a World of Lies").

@SEED: I imagine Ichika pilot a Mitsubishi ATD-X - A.K.A Prototype F-3. And funny that many fighter simulation video games ressurected Tigershark.

Hmm... Don't know why, but Cartology suddenly caught my interest.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 07:52   Link #48063
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Stratos
The belkan war part is mostly to fill the backstory

both Ichika (Mobius One) and Dan (Blaze) is given half of technique by Demon Lord

Ichika's more focused on solo engagement

Dan's more focused on teamwork

@ Miner
Tigershark is deathtrap, no joke.

They basically there because OSEA didn't want to give them F-16 at first, so ISAF went for the lesser bid and fix most of it's flaws. (By the time Osea allow them, there's too many Tigershark to discard)

However ISAF Tigershark compared to the prototype is a Super Hornet to normal Hornet. It's somewhat larger and heavier, almost entirely new aircraft.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:01   Link #48064
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
@Strato: Hmm... Well then, what ideal do you want to convey in Athena? Every story should have one (for example, Sakura is "Life is like a Sakura Petal, beautiful but soon fall. So cherish it.", or Paradise Lost is "Peace and Prosperity will never have in a World of Lies").
Objectively, you can put Athena in the same category as Gundam Seed Stargazer. For both universes, the rest of the world is busy engaging in gladiatorial entertainment(IS)/war(Gundam) while a small band of characters are looking to more... peaceful uses of the IS/Gundam.

Doing things differently/peacefully from the rest of world, that is.

And this is only for Athena alone, not counting the two possible, planned sequels I have in mind.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:05   Link #48065
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

@Fireminer
Oh. I guess I'm expecting that.

How about this:
A high-tech weapons blueprint was discovered in an excavation site. The Japanese gov't tried to hide it but failed. Now the other gov'ts wanted to know its content. To appease them, a multinational project was established to produce the weapon. Somehow there was a Phantom Task spy in the project. They planned to steal it. But because of a certain scientist's bravery, they failed. The research group was divided into 3 teams: Delta, Faiz & Kaixa. The hero scientist was made head of Team Faiz and they headed to Japan. But the team leader is reluctant to go because the place reminds him of his ex-gf. It happens to be Chifuyu Orimura.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:10   Link #48066
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol

If Ichika turns out to be an Orpenoch, he should be a hedgehog.

Literally hurting everyone trying to get close.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:12   Link #48067
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Zero: OC? I have no objection of it, but let's try this with Agito: Chifuyu is Kuuga, after defeated the Grongi leader, she engaged your OC. But then the Akatsuki incident happen, and now it's up to Ichika as Agito to do it. Dan is G-3X user (developed by Tabane).

@Strato: That's good! But I think you should expanding it a bit. What if a character is too disgusted with mankind and decided to destroy Earthling, while he and the rest of "Elites" grow on another planet. A.K.A Moondraker with IS style.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:14   Link #48068
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

And didn't people usually say: Be in Love is like jumping into a Field of Thorn Roses?
Old 2013-11-04, 08:20   Link #48069
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@Strato: That's good! But I think you should expanding it a bit. What if a character is too disgusted with mankind and decided to destroy Earthling, while he and the rest of "Elites" grow on another planet. A.K.A Moondraker with IS style.
A little to extreme for a human character IMO. But if it's going to be an AI, maybe.

Point is, I'm just going with "IS should be a space-expedition vessel, not a gladiatorial combat unit."
Old 2013-11-04, 08:30   Link #48070
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

It's like Cold War again with your idea: The Space Shuttle program.

If I'm you, I would probally make a crossover with Code Geass for that idea. First, it's time to eradicate the "National" ideal! Unite the Earth!
Old 2013-11-04, 08:32   Link #48071
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

@Fire

That's where the future "White Elf" comes in. So it's taken into account already ^^
Old 2013-11-04, 08:43   Link #48072
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

@Fireminer
I was thinking of including high school student version of Takumi Inui in that idea. Dan is one of his classmates, along w/ his childhood friend Mari.
It's like this:
So Team Faiz arrived in Japan and the development of the weapon continued. Some months later, PT tracked their location and sent an unmanned IS. As Takumi & Mari are heading home they discovered the Team Faiz leader being chased by said IS. He tried to help but was trashed then the scientist give him the recently finished Faiz Belt. The rest is history.

About the Orphnochs, there will be none...
Okay, maybe a few.
Old 2013-11-04, 08:46   Link #48073
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

MiG-29K Mobius One Custom

Spoiler for Realtek Wank:

Saab JAS-39 Gripen Hanagumi Custom

Spoiler for Realtek Wank 2:

Spoiler for Gripen test:
Old 2013-11-04, 08:47   Link #48074
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Strato: Kind of remind me about Megaman X, with IS as Reploid and Tabane as Dr.Light/Willy.

Listening to this bringing me a vision of Cecilia:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1ruDaAth...%3Dd1ruDaAthnU

Why must the Blue Rose be the most underestimated character?
Old 2013-11-04, 08:57   Link #48075
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@Strato: Kind of remind me about Megaman X, with IS as Reploid and Tabane as Dr.Light/Willy.
Considering how the two main characters of Athena are also based on the two main characters in the X series, that thought isn't so far off.

I do like Cecilia, something about her seem to capture my interest. It's a shame she got such less-than-bright portrayal in the anime. Probably in the LN too if memory serves me right.
Old 2013-11-04, 09:04   Link #48076
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Groan... Now that I have a solid direction, now all we need is a right plot fomular.

Also, have been thinking: Who are we writing for? "Art for the Artist" or "Art for the People"?

Maybe "Art for Ourself"?
Old 2013-11-04, 09:06   Link #48077
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The last one

Though if the reader can enjoy it, why not?
Old 2013-11-04, 09:11   Link #48078
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just make art for the sake of art. Don't make one just to appease everybody because it's impossible. Some may like your work, some may not.

Oh nevermind me. That's just the alcohol talking.

Anyway, is there anyone who ever thought of an IS/Assassin's Creed x-over?
Old 2013-11-04, 09:20   Link #48079
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Tired! Let's see what expression of love that I haven't used:

1. Flower: X

2. Kiss: V

3. Holding Hand: V

4. Singing, Dancing and other Arts: X

5. ...: X

6. Killing: V

Any idea?
Old 2013-11-04, 09:23   Link #48080
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Just make art for the sake of art. Don't make one just to appease everybody because it's impossible. Some may like your work, some may not.

Oh nevermind me. That's just the alcohol talking.

Anyway, is there anyone who ever thought of an IS/Assassin's Creed x-over?
Yes, good few thousand pages ago....

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest