Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-26, 22:32   Link #61
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Well... MMORPG was only a niche till WOW came, I know I didn't play till a year or so after WOW came out. I play StarCraft, Warcraft 2/3 and the expansions, but that's not considered MMORPG. I think wow did it's job and supplied the world with a fun and addictive game, now the word is out there should be many more rising game out there that will be ready to come out.

I've been longing for Warhammer Online ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 22:37   Link #62
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Warhammer Online is in the closed beta stage rite
i picked up Tabula Rasa 2day and its ok but kinda strange
Old 2007-12-26, 22:47   Link #63
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
It is, but i was just saying ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 23:53   Link #64
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
It is, but i was just saying ^_^
yea i love to play it XD
Old 2007-12-27, 00:13   Link #65
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
Yes, the beta just re-opened so, if you sign up, then the next round of invites may make its way into your emailbox

Fun times!!!

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 00:17   Link #66
King Lycan
*IT Support

oh sweet gonna go signup now
Old 2007-12-27, 04:48   Link #67
Figucher

Send a message via MSN to Figucher
I used to play Ultima Online for about 2 years actively from 2000. I never liked Trammel anyway and Felucca turned out pretty much completely empty in the end, I decided to quit. UO's PvP in all it's simplicity was a lot of fun but all things come to an end, it seems.

I also played WoW for a couple of months in 2005. When a friend of mine gave the guest pass, I quit the game after a few days - the low levels were so boring! I did jump on the bandwagon again when my friends started playing. We had fun for a while but after lvl 60 interest towards the game dropped on a steady rate, since PvP was almost nonexistent other than on those sandboxes called "battlegrounds" - grinding honor/items wasn't interesting either. Since most of our activity in WoW was done by our guild and I, who was the guildmaster, left - most followed the example and never returned.

I also have some experience in EvE online, but my playtime was limited to a couple of months here and there. The game was too slow paced to my taste.

Nowadays I don't play MMORPG's at all. More time for other hobbies, I guess?
Figucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 21:39   Link #68
onehp
Banned

I got tired with popular MMOs that incorporate grinding. Now I play Fury and I am enjoying it so far but I am still new to it. It is more stimulating with its fast paced FPS-like gameplay while at the same time keeping elements of a typical MMORPG. It was satisfying to kill player controlled characters and I get XP and items at the same time
onehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 21:43   Link #69
Madvil

After 2 years of faith in WoW (and having a lot of breaks with Lineage 2 and other mmo's) , I have ended playing 2moons. Sure, its a grindfest, it has bots and lots of bad mannered community but thats good, because I hate PK'ing good mannered players

Yeah, I will wait for AoC and WAR and if both of them fail to keep me, I will stop playing mmorpg's and just go FF13
Madvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 06:25   Link #70
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Well... MMORPG was only a niche till WOW came, I know I didn't play till a year or so after WOW came out.
I wouldn't say that. Lineage (the original) had over two million subscribers before WoW launched. EverQuest peaked at almost a million in its prime. That's concurrent subscriptions, so pretty much double that (or more) to take in to account people who had quit by the peak, and those who bought it after.

Based on pure sales values, those are very much platinum titles. Very few games sell a million units.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 09:38   Link #71
arcadeplayer987

I like Lord of the rings online, the gameplay is fun
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 14:33   Link #72
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
I liked playing Guild Wars and WoW.

However, WoW took NO SKILL imo, all it was who could play the most with the most luck was the person who raped. Don't believe me? I got every class to lvl 60 (this was before burning crusade) and every class raped (except the priest of course, all I did was heal). Well, after mages got nerfed, they couldn't kill anything lol. But all the the classes were so easy. Especially the effing Hunter. Remember the days of Aimed Shot + Shadowmeld = GGQQWTFHAX!!!! XD

Edit: Althought the most fun I've had in an MMORPG was starting wars in STV XD

Guild Wars, took more skill that WoW. Why? Well because everyone was on the same boat. It was so easy to get top tiered gear. What was hard was making a good build (you could only use 8 skills at a time) that was any good. Although if you were a good Mesmer, Monk or Warrior well you just win the game for you're team. Those three classes just are so OP.

Now, DOTA thats the only game I will play. Well, until Guild Wars 2 comes out. Deny, Last Hitting, Juking, and Predicting. If you can master those, well you will be a DOTA God.
Old 2008-01-05, 16:09   Link #73
Tran225

Quote:
I've stopped playing MMORRG since last Christmas once WOW killed my college GPA, since then i've stopped. I play every so often on the private servers, but other than that, nothing much.
what lvl did u stop at? yeah my last mmo was WoW also i stopped playing rpg after that because my gpa was going down but i still sometime play private servers jsut to pvp
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 00:22   Link #74
mrvetle

Last edited by mrvetle; 2008-07-02 at 20:28.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 00:49   Link #75
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvetle View Post
WoW is the only game i play right now, it actually takes skill now in TBC to get good PvP gear. You can't be a noob and get a high rating in arena, and it's a lot more competition in PvP.

3 characters at level 70 atm.
Link to my main: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ridon&n=Cliper
It doesn't take any skill or a high rating to get good pvp gear. The only gear that even requires rating is the weapons and the shoulders. You could lose 10 matches a week and still end up with 4/5 season 3 pieces eventually. Though the fact that absolutely everyone can get this gear does put an emphasis on skill; there won't be much of a gear gap since everyone is wearing the same thing, so playing ability will decide a fight in many cases. Skill basically just matters for winning, which you don't even have to do to get the gear.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 01:45   Link #76
mrvetle

Last edited by mrvetle; 2008-07-02 at 20:28.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 05:05   Link #77
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, been playing WoW since sept '06 and only recently hit 70 (doing 100k xp an hour on lvl 69
since I wanted to become 70 before '08,... it was the 31st )

Right now I'm mostly into PvP for the gear to start raiding and the occasional quests for the gold
the only thing making me screw up my rl priorities is Dark Moon Fair

Luckily I'm in a guild with real life friends, but in that guild we also have some hardcore members
that have 10 different chars, and all high level
I consider it a fun way to spend my time, but not 100% of my time
Old 2008-01-06, 07:48   Link #78
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Only played a few...
Maple Story - grinding killed it for me
Ragnarok Online - Tried with trial, but computer sucked so it wasn't a good experience. Tried coming back later, but it was pretty much dead by then.
Phantasy Star Online - same as maple story
Phantasy Star Universe - currently playing, on an indefinite break though (mainly to catch up on anime).
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote