Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 17:56   Link #1081
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I don't think Freezing is /that/ bad. Sure it has it's flaws and if you have read the manga it's probably terrible (so far I've only read up to where the anime is now) and I believe that if you're looking for quality then you're going with the wrong approach. To me Freezing is an enjoyable show that I watch for the fights as well as the relationship between limiters and their pandoras. That said the main reasons are Ganessa <33 and lately I'm fagging all over Attia. If you expect a heavy plot of course you will be disappointed.
I totally agree to this except that for me it's Satella instead of Ganessa and Elizabeth instead of Attia.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:25   Link #1082
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
I don't think Freezing is /that/ bad. Sure it has it's flaws and if you have read the manga it's probably terrible (so far I've only read up to where the anime is now) and I believe that if you're looking for quality then you're going with the wrong approach. To me Freezing is an enjoyable show that I watch for the fights as well as the relationship between limiters and their pandoras.
I do not think that the shows I mentioned are in anyway bad, they have a different appeal than say Shiki or Madoka

Quote:
That said the main reasons are Ganessa <33 and lately I'm fagging all over Attia. If you expect a heavy plot of course you will be disappointed.
Let's not forget Satela, especially when she enters her shy or repressed mode
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 00:35   Link #1083
RhinoX

Episode 7 was awesome.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RhinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 02:14   Link #1084
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Lol, Sakurada Jun/Vita became a rapist lol.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 05:18   Link #1085
ShiroiRyu

One thing to say : I put Queen's Blade in the real good ecchi anime show.
A "bad" anime show is the one who try to be ecchi without showing so much : Ladies versus Butlers. Or so much others animes ...
Queen's Blade show ecchi and was created for that ... Yes, no stupid hero who suddenly grap a girl's breasts randomly or for accident.
And i don't want a stupid plot like Aki-Sora one.
Yes, i really liked Queen's Blade.
For Freezing, it's not the level of Seikon no Qwaser hu ... But i like the anime ... more now than his beginning.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 10:41   Link #1086
Seihai
スマイリウム

Inb4 lousy fanservice and not enough blood. So the focus was not only on the fight but also on Satella's past. Wow, that Louis boya is totally mad at such a young age. What a wicked family. lol Right out of a slave-train-eroge or something. I'm surprised Satella didn't break, her life was full of crap. Btw. I love her with shorter hair. And why did that psycho ride her? I would have preferred the other way round Sado Tarou-style. *M*

Anyway, back to the fight. The first fight was one-sided for Satella, flawless victory for Arnett. Sadistic scythe bish. Satella's sudden power up during her unconsciousness is surprising. Triple Accel? Wings? She's like a goddess of war or something. Admittedly the few focuses on their breasts were awkward but I can ignore that. The blood was fine, too. Reminds me of Index 19.

HanaKana's battle was fair and square. Good job, Rana.

Chiffon revelation aahhh... well that was badass, though I like her assistant better. Epic sword and more beautiful imo.
Old 2011-02-19, 10:54   Link #1087
Jerseykid

Chiffon is number one but only has 4 things on her back, that surprised me.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 14:00   Link #1088
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Chiffon is number one but only has 4 things on her back, that surprised me.
Its not really about how many you have its about your sync ratio with them. Chiffon is #1 most likely because her sync ratio with them is ultra high. Id be her Chiffons limiter anyday

Last edited by Sinestra; 2011-02-20 at 19:39.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 14:33   Link #1089
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

CHIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!

that is all.

animation, fighting, music, story telling, all good. i'm surprised they managed to put pretty much the whole flashback in there too. the added aura shock when Chiffon hit Arnett was wonderful.

also:

i think its the first piece of art posted of her

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2011-02-19 at 14:47.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:13   Link #1090
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for ep7:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:14   Link #1091
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& one of the classic rules appears in the show: the character who doesn't open his/her eyes is going to be one of the strongest in the story.
Old 2011-02-19, 15:56   Link #1092
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So Satella spent a good few years being molested by a little turd. Yeah, that can make anyone afraid to be touched.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 16:06   Link #1093
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2011-02-19, 16:15   Link #1094
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

While I think they did a fairly impressive job condensing everything like they did, it really would have been better of being 2 episodes. The cut explanations will confuse non-manga readers a great deal.

Also, the random fanservice mid-battle was a bit ridiculous, every blow seems to blow their top clothing off, even when that wasn't were they were struck. I don't mind the fanservice usually, but it was nonsensical in how it occurred.

Heck, Satella gets hit in the back and it creates a nasty gash, but she gets hit anywhere remotely close to her chest, and her top explodes.

Also, apparently instead of watching classic movies as a hobby, #2 likes swimming naked late at night instead in the anime.
Old 2011-02-19, 16:36   Link #1095
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Got around to watch the ep.7, and Satela is just

[NOTE] I am a sucker for all those troubled bi-polar characters that Mamiko Noto voices [/NOTE]

As for Chiffon being powerful, dunno, she still has not fought, just dispatched her minion yuri ... or did I miss something

On the other hand, animation is still atrocious, but who cares
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 16:43   Link #1096
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Also, the random fanservice mid-battle was a bit ridiculous, every blow seems to blow their top clothing off, even when that wasn't were they were struck. I don't mind the fanservice usually, but it was nonsensical in how it occurred.
Agreed. Lord knows I have nothing against fanservice, however the fanservice in this series is more of a disservice most of the time. It's very jarring and it makes it very hard to take the fights seriously. Last week's episode was fine, but this one was utterly ridiculous. Fine by me if they want to draw tits, but at least draw them well and choose appropriate times to show them (futhermore, it's weird that Satella doesn't mind being seen half-naked with the kind of past she has). They might as well just turn the academy into a nudist school.

Anyhow~ Rana was badass again in this episode. And it was great to see Chiffon get serious this time.
Old 2011-02-19, 17:01   Link #1097
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Oh my gawd.. they totally ruined the ending conversation between Shiffon and Elisabeth.. Totally ruined it. And cut out all the important parts too. Disappointing ending.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 17:10   Link #1098
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
As for Chiffon being powerful, dunno, she still has not fought, just dispatched her minion yuri ... or did I miss something
No, she punched Annette's lights out personally.

But yea, they completely ruined the scene where Chiffon essentially ordered Elizabeth to back off. You should read up on this scene in manga form (you know where). Chapter 23.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 17:16   Link #1099
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

they got the part about losing face right, but they kind of messed up the rest of the conversation.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 17:41   Link #1100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As I was watching the OP, it finally clicked that Satella is the main character here, and we're following her emotional journey. The guy is just a vehicle to help her along.

I loved Chiffon (beautifully played by Inoue Marina).

I'm not going to read the manga until the anime is finished, but I'm happy with the anime as it is. As long as it is about Satella. The fanservice is awfully perfunctory. But maybe the unbelievability of some things helps me to accept the amount of gore and the number of truly damaging blows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen