AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-09-17, 15:37   Link #321
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
Uehara is the "meta" for the "harem shippers" which love to ship and see the mc ending with not the "winner girl" because that other girl "is better" in they opnion even if the winner girl already setted in stone and they just don't accept it, basically what uehara being here and because of that idiocity he is damaging his own relationship.
I think Uehara just wants Chiaki to honestly tell Amano her feelings, so even if he says no, she'll have got it off her chest. Of course, it would be hard on Tendou if Amano said yes to Chiaki, so it's not a brilliant idea.

If this a harem anime where half of the girls have no romantic interest in the male lead (I don't think Chiaki's sister has much of an interest) that certainly doesn't sound like a harem; which is fine since the idea of half-a-dozen girls crushing on one boy has always been laughably foolish. Almost as irritating as the male lead prevaricating between girls; a good 'harem' anime should have a First Lady the boy fairly clearly loves best, or he's a wuss. Another good thing about Gamers is that Amano has made a clear choice by asking out Tendou, but their relationship hasn't been smooth sailing.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 15:58   Link #322
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
I think Uehara just wants Chiaki to honestly tell Amano her feelings, so even if he says no, she'll have got it off her chest. Of course, it would be hard on Tendou if Amano said yes to Chiaki, so it's not a brilliant idea.

If this a harem anime where half of the girls have no romantic interest in the male lead (I don't think Chiaki's sister has much of an interest) that certainly doesn't sound like a harem; which is fine since the idea of half-a-dozen girls crushing on one boy has always been laughably foolish. Almost as irritating as the male lead prevaricating between girls; a good 'harem' anime should have a First Lady the boy fairly clearly loves best, or he's a wuss. Another good thing about Gamers is that Amano has made a clear choice by asking out Tendou, but their relationship hasn't been smooth sailing.
he made clear which he is rooting for her and many times told how much they are "alike" to the point of being painfull for him to watch they interactions, this make clear his intention to support her, now if it gonna work or no is another question but he clear want to make them together because on his vision they are "soumates".

about harem many harem don't have every girl automatically in love with the mc, in mane cases take time until others show too and others is just the case of have many girls surround him, like somoene told a classic case was tenshin muiu which was one of the first harems, and the only girls which you could actually tell which "had feelings" for tenchi where aeka and ryoko, aeka little sister was pretty much a little sister and the others girls where "just there" to be part of the harem but they never really showed any real interest on him, but this never stopped it being a harem.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 16:18   Link #323
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
In what universe does calling up a girl randomly without any context to yell, "I choose you!" and then hanging up not lead to a misunderstanding? I'm convinced Uehara is just deliberately stirring up trouble now. Seeing Keita happy with the prettiest girl in the school is not amusing to him, especially when he set Keita up to fail through his public "talk to Karen" plan.
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 18:43   Link #324
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Uehara is unfortunately....just an idiot. No one is a mind reader that can pick up his internal monologues. His actions make perfect sense to him, but only him. He does need to clean up his act and put things in order. Certainly it isn't a bad thing in general to try and look out for Chiaki. But his instincts are always wrong in how he does it. With how many times he has been called a cheater....he really needs to think before doing anything.

Considering how darn shaky things have been for him and Aguri at times...you'd think he'd want to put more focus on stabilizing that relationship. But no...he doesn't and things go to hell. This guy is the source of all problems in this show.

I did like Aguri holding her ground as best she could when basically ambushed as she was. For her Keita is an important friend and confidant. I do like how these two support each other without a hint of romantic interest. Aguri helped push Keita in the direction of moving things forward with Karen which helped lead to that confession in the first place. And Keita has supported Aguri every time Uehara has made himself look horribly suspicious.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 19:26   Link #325
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Definitely just friendship, nice for an anime to focus on M/F friendship for once with no strings attached.
That's not the point. Amano gets to have scenes with all the girls because he's the main character and this is pretty much a harem show. That's why the show will never spend any time showing Uehara having meaningful interactions with any of the girls, not even with his own girlfriend. He's the dork friend that is in the show just to make Keita look good. They even changed his character design to make him less visually attractive too.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2017-09-17 at 19:41.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 19:33   Link #326
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's not the point. Amano gets to have scenes with all the girls because he's the main character and this is pretty much a harem show. That's why the show will never spend any time showing Uehara interacting with any of the girls, not even with his own girlfriend. He's the dork friend that is in the show just to make Keita look good. They even changed his character design to make him less visually attractive too.
actually he have some times, at last enough to make more missunderstands and looks like he is "cheating" but overal, yah amano get much more screentime with all the girls than uehara get with any one specially his girlfriend.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 21:23   Link #327
TheForsaken
Winter is coming
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's why the show will never spend any time showing Uehara having meaningful interactions with any of the girls, not even with his own girlfriend.
If Uehara has a meaningful interaction with anyone, this anime will end in three episodes
__________________
TheForsaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 21:36   Link #328
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Well, some people who read the novels said he did have a closer relationship with Aguri in the novels. The anime is toning it down, probably to play up the harem vibe by focusing mostly on Amano and girls.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-17, 23:51   Link #329
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Uehara is unfortunately....just an idiot. No one is a mind reader that can pick up his internal monologues. His actions make perfect sense to him, but only him. He does need to clean up his act and put things in order. Certainly it isn't a bad thing in general to try and look out for Chiaki. But his instincts are always wrong in how he does it. With how many times he has been called a cheater....he really needs to think before doing anything.

Considering how darn shaky things have been for him and Aguri at times...you'd think he'd want to put more focus on stabilizing that relationship. But no...he doesn't and things go to hell. This guy is the source of all problems in this show.

I did like Aguri holding her ground as best she could when basically ambushed as she was. For her Keita is an important friend and confidant. I do like how these two support each other without a hint of romantic interest. Aguri helped push Keita in the direction of moving things forward with Karen which helped lead to that confession in the first place. And Keita has supported Aguri every time Uehara has made himself look horribly suspicious.
In his defense, he trusts his girlfriend to regularly have meals alone with a guy. Why can't she trust him?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 00:00   Link #330
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
In his defense, he trusts his girlfriend to regularly have meals alone with a guy. Why can't she trust him?
he actually didn't trusth her, before they fixed for the first time the mess, remember when he was trying to find out if she was cheating, really the big problem in japan is really "lack of communication" somehow japaneses think which the others peoples around then must have some "mind read telepathy to be able to know what the other want to say or os thiking.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-18 at 10:04.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 07:26   Link #331
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
he actually didn't trusth her, before they fixed for the first time the mess, remember when he was trying to find out if she was cheating, really the big problem in japan is really "lack of communication" somehow japaneses think which the others peoples around then must have some "mind read telaphy to be able to know what the other want to say.
That's really the main problem. For this particular show, it is quite amusing, sometimes - but it's also really frustrating, too.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 10:06   Link #332
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That's really the main problem. For this particular show, it is quite amusing, sometimes - but it's also really frustrating, too.
yeah they aways ending taking they own conclusion without try to talk with the other side, this is really a big issue and ending leading to missunderstoods, this is what "lack of communications lead.


the last moment in last episode will be another effect of it, that scene with amano coming to help aguri will make him go back to think which amano is trying to "steal his girlfriend" because he think so(uehara) and never gonna try to talk with them about it, because "talk with others is too much complicated.

for what i see this is really a "real issue" in japan the lack of communication, they really have that issue in japan and only get worst overtime, they are just getting more and more "closed" to others due to a lot of others issues which they society are having.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-18 at 11:17.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 15:11   Link #333
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
That's not the point. Amano gets to have scenes with all the girls because he's the main character and this is pretty much a harem show. That's why the show will never spend any time showing Uehara having meaningful interactions with any of the girls, not even with his own girlfriend. He's the dork friend that is in the show just to make Keita look good. They even changed his character design to make him less visually attractive too.
If Uehara and Aguri had one significant conversation to say that they love each other for their own selves, not their past 'nerd' persona or present 'cool' one, that would be nice. If they don't, I don't mind. The writers aren't obliged to treat all the characters with scrupulous fairness, they've shown Aguri's love for Uehara enough already for me to care about their relationship success (as well as showing quite a bit about how they got together), and Uehara works fine as an excitable troublemaker. He's not a character like Hyuuga Hinata-Sama whose character and relationships I'd care to see developed. Amano's self-criticism and development make him the main character for a reason.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 15:55   Link #334
Itlandm
Porcupine
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Norway
Age: 64
Not to be confrontational, but...When I hear "harem anime" I think of such as Haganai, Date A Live, Happy Lesson, Negima, or Love Hina. Not something like Sakurasou or Gamers where they male lead hangs out with girls who are unavailable plus two girls who like him, and where there is a secondary male characters with his own love life.

Now, it may LOOK like a harem anime to someone trapped inside the anime and unable to see all the misunderstandings. Aguri is 100% faithful to her boyfriend, but it doesn't always look that way. Konoha is pretty clearly portrayed as lesbian (think of her "exercising" with erogames made for guys) but nobody knows. So if you ignore those things then yeah, it looks kind of like a harem.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 16:29   Link #335
Ulin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Not to be confrontational, but...When I hear "harem anime" I think of such as Haganai, Date A Live, Happy Lesson, Negima, or Love Hina.
I don't know... precisely listing Love Hina there when Keitaro is Narusexual...

I guess nowadays you have to make all this "false leads" to keep the fanbase happy until the end, where a part of it is going to be dissapointed for sure

I totally agree that Uehara is most of the shippers. He has his fav girl and he doesn't care that the MC is clearly in love with another girl, or that his best girl is just a secundary character... he just want his waifu to win
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 16:46   Link #336
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kobe, Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I did like Aguri holding her ground as best she could when basically ambushed as she was. For her Keita is an important friend and confidant. I do like how these two support each other without a hint of romantic interest.
Oh, there's a hint. There's more than a hint, IMO. I think that's very much in the eye of the beholder.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 16:59   Link #337
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
If Uehara and Aguri had one significant conversation to say that they love each other for their own selves, not their past 'nerd' persona or present 'cool' one, that would be nice. If they don't, I don't mind. The writers aren't obliged to treat all the characters with scrupulous fairness, they've shown Aguri's love for Uehara enough already for me to care about their relationship success (as well as showing quite a bit about how they got together), and Uehara works fine as an excitable troublemaker. He's not a character like Hyuuga Hinata-Sama whose character and relationships I'd care to see developed. Amano's self-criticism and development make him the main character for a reason.
If you like this arrangement, more power to you. Doesn't change the fact that Uehara and Aguri's relationship doesn't get any development.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 18:08   Link #338
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Oh, there's a hint. There's more than a hint, IMO. I think that's very much in the eye of the beholder.
I suppose you could try really hard to read one in. But I don't think one exists. And frankly that's fine. Nothing wrong with a good and stable friendship.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 18:09   Link #339
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I don't know... precisely listing Love Hina there when Keitaro is Narusexual...

I guess nowadays you have to make all this "false leads" to keep the fanbase happy until the end, where a part of it is going to be dissapointed for sure

I totally agree that Uehara is most of the shippers. He has his fav girl and he doesn't care that the MC is clearly in love with another girl, or that his best girl is just a secundary character... he just want his waifu to win
yeah i really feel like uehara e true a meta for the shipper fanbase, he is the "chiak! ship fanbase, which don't care about amano himself all he want is have his "favorite girl getting her happy ending" and for that he is doing nasty things but unfortunally his "nasty actions are backfiring at him and damaging his own relationship, put it at the danger of lose his gilfriend for the same guy he is trying to ship with chiaki.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-18, 19:34   Link #340
Ghostfriendly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah i really feel like uehara e true a meta for the shipper fanbase, he is the "chiak! ship fanbase, which don't care about amano himself all he want is have his "favorite girl getting her happy ending" and for that he is doing nasty things but unfortunally his "nasty actions are backfiring at him and damaging his own relationship, put it at the danger of lose his gilfriend for the same guy he is trying to ship with chiaki.
Wouldn't mind Amano going out with Chiaki but they need to bond on a deeper level than game discussions, and even deeper than the thoughts/feelings that lead them to develop/play games; a couple should carry each other into a new future they would never have experienced alone. Also, Amano and Chiaki would first have to decide their own relationship wasn't meant to be, which, since it's already growing them both as people, is unlikely.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, misunderstandings, not harem, rom com

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.