AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2022-09-27, 08:18   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The very fact people are complaining about the change should be enough to tell Suzuki's performance was greatly appreciated.
I never argued otherwise. Surely there are diehard Suzuki-Anos fans out there & among us. Heck, I myself appreciate his performance even though not to the degree where I will complain hard about losing him. But I'm also sure there are people who changed their tune about it as time goes by, especially after the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If it were someone else, it may not have been such a big deal.
From what I can see, the "big deal" mostly came from Suzuki's scandal which resulted in his replacement for this project that gets people talking.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 22:12   Link #82
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Wow, what's the big deal that people didn't go out of their way to specifically state that Suzuki did a great job as Anos and fit him perfectly? I mean, just because I don't specifically say that a voice fits a character doesn't mean I don't think it's perfect. If anything, with a lot of the best voices I don't even think of it as "so-and-so's performance", I just think of the character. I thought a lot of how perfect Anos' tone was, how brilliant the whole thing was. Just because I didn't specifically think or come out and talk about how the voice acting specifically was awesome doesn't mean I didn't think it was masterfully done and matched the character perfectly. I'm sure the same held true for a lot of people. But you never really appreciate how great something was until you lose it, so of course when people hear a voice that just doesn't seem able to evoke the same reaction, suddenly they become vocal about something they never bothered mentioning before.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-27, 23:29   Link #83
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Wow, what's the big deal that people didn't go out of their way to specifically state that Suzuki did a great job as Anos and fit him perfectly? I mean, just because I don't specifically say that a voice fits a character doesn't mean I don't think it's perfect. If anything, with a lot of the best voices I don't even think of it as "so-and-so's performance", I just think of the character. I thought a lot of how perfect Anos' tone was, how brilliant the whole thing was. Just because I didn't specifically think or come out and talk about how the voice acting specifically was awesome doesn't mean I didn't think it was masterfully done and matched the character perfectly. I'm sure the same held true for a lot of people. But you never really appreciate how great something was until you lose it, so of course when people hear a voice that just doesn't seem able to evoke the same reaction, suddenly they become vocal about something they never bothered mentioning before.
The bolded one is partly what I was pointing out. I'm sure a lot of people felt that way the moment they heard the "original voice" won't be there anymore and their sense of nostalgia & loss are hightened making them feeling more precious about Suzuki's voice than they were when S1 aired.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 15:46   Link #84
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I guess the real lesson we should take from all this is don't screw your promising career over like Suzuki did .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 17:36   Link #85
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
As for me, I'm gonna take a wait and see attitude and not judge based on a trailer alone. Yes Suzuki did Anos well in the first season, but the show is not only his character. The entire cast carries a portion of the weight of the show too and for me at least, they all did a pretty good job. We'll wait and see if they can do it again this time.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 18:31   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
As for me, I'm gonna take a wait and see attitude and not judge based on a trailer alone. Yes Suzuki did Anos well in the first season, but the show is not only his character. The entire cast carries a portion of the weight of the show too and for me at least, they all did a pretty good job. We'll wait and see if they can do it again this time.
Honestly, Anos carries 90% of the show on his shoulders.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 18:35   Link #87
MCAL
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I think Daisuke Ono would also be a good fit.
I still stand by this btw.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-28, 23:15   Link #88
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I think the biggest question is that... just why whoever in charge of picking the VA think Umehara fits the role?
If they want deep voice, they could have picked, say Takahashi Hiroki or Matsumoto Yasunori. They both can do very deep voice, but the same type can act aloof and smug the same time.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 07:01   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Nice

We also have interview with the cast:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 10:24   Link #90
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Umehara's kind of growing on me as Anos, but it looks like more of what I fell in love with in season 1 !
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 18:59   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
I still think he sounds way too serious and one note.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-08, 22:50   Link #92
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I still think he sounds way too serious and one note.
Yep. Tatsuhisa no bakaaaaaaaaaaaa!
__________________
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 01:02   Link #93
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Umehara still sounds very boring.
But we have a bigger problem now: they didn't cast Koyasu as Erudemede, WTF?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 10:39   Link #94
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Umehara still sounds very boring.
But we have a bigger problem now: they didn't cast Koyasu as Erudemede, WTF?
Is that Rikiya Koyama's character ?
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-09, 12:24   Link #95
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Is that Rikiya Koyama's character ?
Yes. Erudemed is such a Koyasu character that my brain automatically broadcasts Koyasu's voice when I was reading the novel.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 07:22   Link #96
EroKing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 37
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 08:26   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Misha's got them tits and hips.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 10:20   Link #98
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I missed the Necrom sisters .

Did we get a beach episode last season? I hope they rectify that this go around .
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-28, 19:33   Link #99
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Did we get a beach episode last season? I hope they rectify that this go around .
I don't think we did.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-07, 13:37   Link #100
Frontier
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Spoiler:
__________________
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.