Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-20, 14:10   Link #61
HandofFate

i like the new british girl and her mix of english and japanese. lol
Old 2011-04-20, 16:13   Link #62
CWW
Lurker

Okay, I admit I laughed heartily a few times during ep 2, at the chuu and bread gags especially. Kotone is growing on me too. Youthfulness indeed. This is starting to be my guilty pleasure of this season, well, besides Hen Zemi. Both by XEBEC amusingly.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:03   Link #63
Calca
Expressionless

I like the coach because he actually tries and knows what he's doing and also isn't a cliched perverted male teacher in a all female setting.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:06   Link #64
Midonin
Last Engage

I can't really think of any perverted examples, but I'm willing to be proven wrong. If anything, Mishi is pretty close to Kojiro in Bamboo Blade.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-20, 23:40   Link #65
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I would drop immedietly because of the censoring (can't stand it, no matter how small) but it's actually kind of funny.
Old 2011-04-21, 00:11   Link #66
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

Is anyone else besides Streetor and I genuinely surprised yet extremely pleased that Mishi is really just a normal character? Most male characters in his position would have nothing but perverted fantasies and are simply there for the sake of watching female students play tennis.

No, Mishi is a beast at tennis and is a legit coach, earning his spot through pure skill.

For some reason this makes the whole "student-teacher" relationship potential here all that more interesting.

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 02:09   Link #67
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
So censoring is still as random as ever, unlike nee-sama pointed out, it does not matter if it is a close shot or not, they just put happy cow heads at whim
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 02:16   Link #68
Makender
Varsity Slacker

There should be a poll of everyone's favorite censor animal. I think angry censor cat from Onii Zenzen is the best. Right up there with Tim Allen.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 05:04   Link #69
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ep 2 was quite funny. I don't mind the censorship , it's not very important...
I agree , for the Teacher. I like his character , well he seems lazy but still have potential to be an awesome coach.
Eli's introduction was pleasant with her engrish
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 09:14   Link #70
Calca
Expressionless

The difference between country standards is funny. Japan has a Japanese girl trying to play an English girl who speaks Japanese was an English accent.

If an American cartoon had an American try to play an Asian who spoke English with a heavy Asian accent, the cartoon would probably be protested for Asian stereotypes and not being PC.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 12:39   Link #71
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Yankees can complain when they stop making Son Goku and Airbenders white and forcing them and ALL of THEIR heroes onto the big screen in Asia at the expense of Asian films getting screens in their own countries, much like how some dumb viking inbred with some worthless piece of crap hammer is going to force Guan Yu (Chinese God and Hero) played by Donnie Yen off ALL the big-and-important screens this Spring in Taiwan.

Till then, defenders of whitewashing who call Asian culture fans vile crap like "weeboo" all can kindly go shut up and fall off a cliff.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2011-04-21 at 12:58.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 15:38   Link #72
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Softenni 03 - Goodnight, Moon:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:44   Link #73
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
Is anyone else besides Streetor and I genuinely surprised yet extremely pleased that Mishi is really just a normal character? Most male characters in his position would have nothing but perverted fantasies and are simply there for the sake of watching female students play tennis.

No, Mishi is a beast at tennis and is a legit coach, earning his spot through pure skill.

For some reason this makes the whole "student-teacher" relationship potential here all that more interesting.
It is nice that he is mostly a normal guy. He's not fired up for intense training, but he does give out solid advice and sets up reasonable training regimes. Plus he's normal enough to blush when it seems that Kotone is suddenly stripping. He'll be a solid character because he's probably the most normal person there.
Old 2011-04-21, 22:32   Link #74
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Watched the second episode and found it very entertaining as well, even more so than the first.
The focus on Kotone was very nice, I think she's becoming my favourite character now

It was also nice to see some of Mishi's background. I think the reason he doesn't have perverted phantasies or tries to do some things is because he's simply too droopy and phlegmatic
Old 2011-04-22, 07:02   Link #75
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
i like the new british girl and her mix of english and japanese. lol
This girl, Elisabeth, is actually from United States, not England, according to the official website, if I'm not wrong.
As for censorship, I wonder if AT-X has aired the uncensored version of the anime ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 22:30   Link #76
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
After watching the subs of episode 3...
Spoiler for huh?:
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 23:21   Link #77
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
This girl, Elisabeth, is actually from United States, not England, according to the official website, if I'm not wrong.
You can clearly read "Igirisu" on the blackboard, so it *is* definitely England.
Here's a screenshot from my sub:

I've looked at the homepage, and it says "Eikoku" - England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
As for censorship, I wonder if AT-X has aired the uncensored version of the anime ?
It's 90% uncensored, as you can see on my screenshots. No penguin invasion as in Onii-chan no koto or something.
Old 2011-04-23, 00:36   Link #78
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Soft Tennis - Episodes 1 & 2

And here we have possibly the worst show of the season. I picked up Soft Tennis for two main reasons: fanservice and the tennis theme. Lately, I've started learning (hard) tennis and I thought my meager knowledge of tennis would help me enjoy this show along with cute girls as eye candy. It's still too early to say that Soft Tennis is an complete failure, but it has definitely been terrible.

First off, the first episode was abominable. Every darn thing about it was a failure. Instead of supporting each other, the different facets of the show knocked each other down. The tennis aspect was heavily overshadowed by unfunny comedy and obnoxious characters. The fanservice was mostly part of Asuna's perverted imagination. Sorry folks, but that is not how you do fanservice! And did I mention that the characters are obnoxious? Asuna is a terrible lead, with her only defining characteristic being a strangely perverted mind which comes to sexy conclusions in the oddest and most forced ways.

The second episode was an improvement over the first, but the show will have to try harder to get even a 2/10 from me. Kotone is aggravating to watch. I hate overly violent characters like her. Thankfully, Asuna's annoying thoughts were reduced a lot. The coach proved himself to be the best character in the anime, well-rounded and thankfully not either a dimwit or a perverted beast. And yes, I finally got the fanservice and eye candy I wanted in this show from Elizabeth. As a character she's dull as heck but at least she's hot and has a nice butt. That gives me a excuse to continue watching this wreck of an anime. And, surprise, I learned a couple things about soft tennis in this episode. It wasn't completely unsalvageable.

And the animation is horrible. The backgrounds make your average Cartoon Network show's backgrounds look like Van Gogh paintings. There is bad quality control; the characters look wonky even in most keyframes. Any actual movement is incredibly cheap. The colors are painful to the eyes. If this is the best that Xebec can do, they should just shut down already. Even the studios considered 'bad' (e.g. Pierrot) do a much better job on their anime than Xebec did here.

On another topic, I should read Prince of Tennis someday.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 01:04   Link #79
Taufiq91

Just watched Episode 3, and it made me realize why i'm still watch Softenni:

Spoiler for Eva parody:
Old 2011-04-23, 01:45   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taufiq91 View Post
Just watched Episode 3, and it made me realize why i'm still watch Softenni: