AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2016-01-18, 06:08   Link #3421
MoonBeam

Can I be spiritual without getting religious?

MoonBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 20:09   Link #3422
Draco Spirit

Atheist in simple terms.

I don't think the idea of there being a God is completely imposable (just highly unlikely) but I prefare to act on evidence and think if he does exist.. were likely all wrong about his nature and idea's anyway.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 08:02   Link #3423
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Used to be an atheist. Became agnostic... then I feel like being Catholic again - some nice things happened.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 14:26   Link #3424
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

I left my religion when I was in 6th Grade.
I feel the concept of god is an impossibility like the creation of the universe. I mean, if the universe can't create itself and god created it then what created god? Himself? If that's the case it is an absurdity just like the universe creating itself. Also, if we look at the books god has killed a lot more people then the devil and if god is everything, then he is evil too. I once said that to my parents and I got slapped

I would still like god to exist though, I don't want to just die and that's all there is to it, I do wish for an afterlife. I just need sufficient proof to move back to religion.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 17:34   Link #3425
jdennis007

I consider myself to be of the Christian faith.

@ Moonbeam Can I be spiritual without getting religious?
Yes, Religion is the ritual of being spiritual.

@BlabeMancer wanting to believe is the first step in the process.
Old 2016-01-20, 21:37   Link #3426
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

i'm a muslim, yet i didn't do the 5 time daily prayer.
but i think that was a step for a better me.

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-21, 03:30   Link #3427
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam View Post
Can I be spiritual without getting religious?

I don't see why not. Last I checked, being spiritual doesn't automatically imply one has to be religious, too.
Old 2016-01-26, 06:21   Link #3428
MoonBeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I don't see why not. Last I checked, being spiritual doesn't automatically imply one has to be religious, too.
But it feels so good in knowing that there is one very powerful being, just like in comic books.
MoonBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-02, 23:37   Link #3429
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Christian.

To answer a post above "Can I be spiritual without getting religious"? Yes you can. Religion is a label. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, etc, are labels. Faith and spirituality is what gets you to the place that YOU believe (or do not believe in or) in. And, if you simply do not care, then you do not care.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 21:59   Link #3430
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

I am a bit of a paradox: A Republican non-denominational Christian who enjoys harem and fan-service series.
Old 2016-02-21, 20:50   Link #3431
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

I was baptized as Catholic but I'm living the Agnostic life.

Some people say that being agnostic is one way ticket to being an atheist. I don't really think so. I believe in God and the basic rules of being good... I'm just not the type to be so devoted into it.

HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 07:31   Link #3432
Sofen
Banned

Orthodox Christianity. Ex.protestant... although i never believed it to begin with. Starting my new journey with this. Still some stuff i need to learn, but i find it quite relieving in general.
Sofen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 04:21   Link #3433
judasmartel
*Author

Born and raised Catholic, turned atheist for a while, came back to Catholicism FOR A WHILE, then going all "I believe in a higher being, but I can't prove he exists."
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 07:24   Link #3434
Sofen
Banned

Turns out i just disconverted today. I am a wiccan.

Here's the reason why.

2 John 1:7
I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Galatians 1: 6-10
6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

Basically this kinda proves "Richard Carrier" (Who's an Atheist) Theory correct. If you have to have a claim of people not aknowledging that Jesus was a human? in this case of 2 John as it is written, and the idea that there existed false gospels (From paul's authentic writings) when he wrote that letter. That the gospels that are later on. Acts as a fictional historic account or the other to give authority to these people. And basically the idea of this myth story was authentic of just making up stories to suit their own.

But its also due to the historical context. Book of Daniel was mostly read in 2nd century BC, basically hellenists persecuting jews, so Christianity would likely not have came as a religion if it wasnt for the harrasments of the romans. Also i've studied the other 2. I can give a history and theology lesson on why i dont believe that aswell. But that will take too long.

But its also the fact that every conflict that has ever existed in present time is always because of abrahamic religions. Claiming authority, it doesnt create unity. I think we would be better off if everyone worshipped Zeus or whatever they want too. Its the reason to why so much stupid wars on authorities are fought. So silly i feel, but so sad : 3. Which is why i prefer if wicca or something became the tolerant mainstream religious practice.

I am happy to serve my lord and savior lucifer though.
Old 2016-02-29, 13:58   Link #3435
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofen View Post
Basically this kinda proves "Richard Carrier" (Who's an Atheist) Theory correct. If you have to have a claim of people not aknowledging that Jesus was a human? in this case of 2 John as it is written, and the idea that there existed false gospels (From paul's authentic writings) when he wrote that letter. That the gospels that are later on. Acts as a fictional historic account or the other to give authority to these people. And basically the idea of this myth story was authentic of just making up stories to suit their own.
Well, you're free to believe what you want to, but I just want to point out that the existence of competing gospels alone is not sufficient to negate the truth of the gospel claimed by the apostles as recorded in the Bible.

If that were the case, then the existence of people who deny the landing on the moon and the Holocaust would be enough to make those two events become untrue as well.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 19:11   Link #3436
Sofen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, you're free to believe what you want to, but I just want to point out that the existence of competing gospels alone is not sufficient to negate the truth of the gospel claimed by the apostles as recorded in the Bible.

If that were the case, then the existence of people who deny the landing on the moon and the Holocaust would be enough to make those two events become untrue as well.
I may convert to Catholicism. But i need to move to a bigger city i feel. To ashamed to ask a catholic priest since i already left...

Well i figured out that whatever i found reasons...

But i need to solve psychological issues, and the fact that gays and temptations just make stuff harder to actually ease into this stuff.

But i'll see with times.
Old 2016-03-08, 11:21   Link #3437
Sofen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofen View Post
I may convert to Catholicism. But i need to move to a bigger city i feel. To ashamed to ask a catholic priest since i already left...

Well i figured out that whatever i found reasons...

But i need to solve psychological issues, and the fact that gays and temptations just make stuff harder to actually ease into this stuff.

But i'll see with times.
I went back with the wicca system- There is no chance in hell that i am gonna worship a heavenly dictator. But i have reasons to believe this happend for a reason. Truth is just a disguise more or less to sell it. I'd be better off praising Kim Jong Un.

So yes. "Seid" and "Odin" is more my stuff.
Old 2016-03-11, 13:33   Link #3438
RageEnder

Huh... I was expecting abit more haruhism here.....
RageEnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 22:06   Link #3439
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageEnder View Post
Huh... I was expecting abit more haruhism here.....
Naa, but its a nice thing to bring up in debates about faith!
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-20, 22:42   Link #3440
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ Please don't. It will only come to grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Thread Guidelines
  • No meta-posting
    Do not debate the thread in the thread. If you want to argue the rules, contact me (or another member of staff) directly.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not a debate, philosophy, religion