AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-24, 16:37   Link #1021
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Because sometimes the show works well enough when it's not overly focused on those dumber parts.

And I like the art and animation.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 16:38   Link #1022
Sakuratsuki

Interesting episode. It gave us more background about the world view of the Parasites. So basically the kids have never been thought about basic human emotions like love for example Them asking question about even a kiss who sounds strange to them. I bet Kokkoro is going to make some discoveries in that ''having a baby book''.

As being pointed out by others this god like papa community, act indeed like a freaking sect. To me it seems like they indeed have been taken from their parents and brought up in this community to only serve Papa and nobody else. The way Zorome went hyper about Papa exactly explained how messed up their upbringing was.

To be honest I kinda see a connection why 02 keeps herself secluded from the others. She knows more about humanity and them leaving the surface. I have a feeling she has more knowledge about their situation in regards of the papa community and the human emotions like love etc. her standing there and not being surprised about that abandoned town and the way she looked. Explains a lot.

We are 7 episode into the anime and I think this is not some regular shonen story about kids and love troubles. There seems more that meets the eye. I have a hunch that there will be a revolution against Papa in the future episodes when the kids learn about their messed up situation. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 2018-02-24, 17:00   Link #1023
kari-no-sugata II

They sure are holding back on giving a summary introduction to the world or the setting or the like - the manga did that right at the start, even if it was only brief.

Basically, we're seeing nearly everything through the eyes of the kids - we only know a little that they don't about the setting. It doesn't seem like 02 is particularly well informed about the background of the world either, though she has more experience.

It was nice to see some plants etc outside of the plantation. It seems to be quite rare though.

It seems like the klaxosaurs are being officially treated as something that "always" existed and was always a threat... to the extent that most of the kids can't even consider how others could live outside a plantation. Except Hiro. It's not like he's suspicious of "Papa" but it seems he realised that things were different in the past. If he's with 02 more and goes on special missions then he might find out more and more. But even if he does find out the truth, what will they be able to do about it? It looks like the world is in a screwed-up situation without any obvious way out.

Since Hiro is finally an official parasite and 02 has been officially transferred to the team I guess we'll see 02 wearing the same uniform as those in team 13 from now on? (Like we see with that brief scene with the cherry blossoms in ep 1).
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:07   Link #1024
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well to me it's just... I find it incredibly unfair that you expect kids to miraculously know things that nobody ever told them.
I wonder if the knowledge hasn't been actively suppressed in some way? I mean, animals figure it out by instinct just fine.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:09   Link #1025
Elder

Interesting I think this probably marks a turning point for the first cours. The first six episodes were more about establishing the team and most importantly the relationship between Hiro and 02. While this episode does emphasize some of the team aspects, I think we are broaching more on the alieness of the society in how they treat the kids and the kids exploring their idea of relationships and adulthood. Of course the latter remains a big question mark since it's implied by the other team that'll probably never survive to adulthood. But I think it's setting up for the inevitable arc where the kids realize Papa and not the monsters are their real enemies and step out of the bird cage of the plantations.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:10   Link #1026
zibi88

I was wondering. What if the code names is the actual clone model serial number.

Like Hiro is number 16 so he is the 16th from the Hiro model line and there were 15 other Hiros before him. The same goes for others

The first 9 (nines) might be the orginals as basis for other kids creation, since the blondie kid looks really similar to Hiro. In the OP we can see kids similar to Ichigo, Goro, Mitsuru and out of whole group those show more fighting experience compared to for example Zorome/miku and Futoshi/kokoro.

Interesting that Kokoro didnt show that book to others so kids are showing secrets. Besides I kinda think that sooner or later Kokoro might start to drop synhro rate with Futoshi and grow on Mitsuru, since Futoshi is too wishy-washy child and Kokoro might be more attracted to the "guy with balls that is the dominate type" expecially when she starts to read that book and starts to understand the difference between guys and girls.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:14   Link #1027
Elder

The numbers seem to indicate some sort of hierarchy. The single numbers like 002 being more valued possibly due to combat potential and have special privileges. While the tens like Hiro are also seen as special or have a role as leaders of the combat units like Ichigo.
Elder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:21   Link #1028
Gerard07

About Hiro, in this chapter I felt that Hiro is beginning to have doubts about Papa and about how things happened, since I did not see him very convinced by what Zorome said about Papa. In addition, Papa called it "Error in the special specimen", that will be the reason why he could not drive with Naomi or something else?, besides that Hiro does not seem to remember his childhood (or parts of it), I am thinking too a lot?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:30   Link #1029
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Interesting that Kokoro didnt show that book to others so kids are showing secrets. Besides I kinda think that sooner or later Kokoro might start to drop synhro rate with Futoshi and grow on Mitsuru, since Futoshi is too wishy-washy child and Kokoro might be more attracted to the "guy with balls that is the dominate type" expecially when she starts to read that book and starts to understand the difference between guys and girls.
To be honest, Mitsuru wouldn't deserve Kokoro with his current attitude. A paring I would strongly oppose. Futoshi might be childlike but he has a far better kind nature compared to Mitsuru. The conversation between Mitsuru and his current partner showed his ill nature all over again. Sorry to say this but Kokoro deserves beter than being paired with Mitsuru.
Old 2018-02-24, 17:38   Link #1030
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 7 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:54   Link #1031
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
To be honest, Mitsuru wouldn't deserve Kokoro with his current attitude. A paring I would strongly oppose. Futoshi might be childlike but he has a far better kind nature compared to Mitsuru. The conversation between Mitsuru and his current partner showed his ill nature all over again. Sorry to say this but Kokoro deserves beter than being paired with Mitsuru.
It just means there is room for character development. As I doubt they would ever hook up as the characters are right now. Futoshi's character is basically a fat people joke. "He wants to eat everything"... hahaha. So they need to do more with him. Because Kokoro deserves better.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 17:56   Link #1032
James Rye

Quote:
How am I supposed to ignore this marvelous view?
Goro is one of us! One of us! Best bro!

Quote:
You know, I'm having fun being with Ichigo, but it also hurts sometimes. Maybe I'm not like you guys.
No, Gobro! You love her, that's why it hurts sometimes. We've all been there, bro. Don't raise death flags! Don't die on us! D:
Aw, who am I kidding? Goro is so fucking dead, it's almost laughable... Ichigo still chasing after Hiro proves his character being there to die one day for whatever reason. He got no other purpose but that left... :C
Old 2018-02-24, 17:57   Link #1033
_Ninja_

I wonder what was this about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olengie View Post
Ever since they introduced Papa and his Council, I always thought of them as the low key antagonists.

Gotta wait to see if it's true or not. lol.
I think it's a safe bet it's true. They are living in cult. They pray to a living person, or rather for that person's well being and personal prosperity. There is no way they end up protecting that social order as is.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 19:22   Link #1034
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder if the knowledge hasn't been actively suppressed in some way? I mean, animals figure it out by instinct just fine.
Animals don't figure anything out really. They just do what their bodies tell them to. They don't actually know what they do or what the purpose of it is. Nor do they need to know.

Meanwhile, we clearly have these kids experiencing emotions they don't understand, and it confuses the fuck out of them. Goro is probably the best example of this. But everyone does to some extent. There is a clear dissonance between what they know and what they experience with their bodies.

Besides, we already have the boys ogling the girls, so clearly their instincts work just fine.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 19:39   Link #1035
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm getting more and more interested in Kokoro. No, not (just) because of her boobs. She's been having moments with Mitsuru and she's now found a book about childbirth which she hid from the others. Will they actually go there?

I agree it would have been nicer to welcome Hiro and Zero Two to the team at a time Zero Two was actually around. That said, even though Ichigo hasn't given up on Hiro, she seems to have accepted Zero Two is currently having a positive influence on him and no longer resents her, at least not as much as before. I wish she had told Zero Two Hiro was the one she kissed so we could get that out of the way, I'm afraid it's going to come back at the worst moment and cause a lot of drama. Zero Two is the possessive type, after all. Pretty sure that would make her angry.
Old 2018-02-24, 23:01   Link #1036
Twi

They're really pushing that Mitsuru x Kokoro pairing. And I approve.
Old 2018-02-24, 23:42   Link #1037
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Is this hinting fatbro going to be killed later?
get killed is better than get cuckolded so hard
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 23:51   Link #1038
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
They're really pushing that Mitsuru x Kokoro pairing. And I approve.
I like Goro x Kokoro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Is this hinting fatbro going to be killed later? get killed is better than get cuckolded so hard
If the only thing he is good for is to shove food into his mouth, then he doesn't deserve Kokoro. However, I think getting killed is not better than losing your partner.
Old 2018-02-24, 23:55   Link #1039
SeaDoor

This episode left me with the feeling that things are about to head south on the central cast. I hope that is not the case, though. Spending a few episodes on further world building would be nice.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-25, 00:02   Link #1040
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Wow, people are getting some dark implications from this episode. I'm just happy Kokoro apparently gets something to do, Goro is one of the guys after all and HOLY CRAP, WHY ARE YOU SO CUTE, ICHIGO!?

Honestly one of the best beach episodes I've ever seen. Also, seeing this shortly after Toji no Miko really helps you appreciate how well done it is.

Really, though, Ichigo was absolutely adorable in that last part. Her walking on Hiro's prints hit me right in the heart.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote