AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-15, 02:12   Link #141
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
rubin live in west blue, the chances for finding DF reach zero as u go far away from grandline.
And where is it said that there is no chance of finding a devil fruit outside of the grandline? Just because there are alot of devilfruit users on the grandline doesn't mean there are none in other parts of the world, nor does it mean they origninally found their devil fruit in grandline...
Old 2006-08-16, 04:40   Link #142
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Captain Morgan said in Ep3:
Quote:
it seems that he ate one of the Devil's fruits............. the secret to this is supposedly hidden in the grandline.
from what i watched and read so far:
since in East blue most of the people heard about Df as rumors or legend and since it is hard to find Df in the other seas (since the didn't we didn'r see mush about the other seas, i am not sure, but from the reaction of orhara peoples toward rubin u can assume it also rare to find any DF) also all of west, east, north, south blues the people reaction toward DF user is to consider them freak or be afried while in grandline it is normaly to see DF people for the people who lie there.
also what's strange is that it doesn't matter where u get the DF in the end and at some point of ur life u will head toward the grandline wither if u are pirate, marines, hunter or anything else ...

anyway it is a conclusion ... and actually i start reading the manga from the first chapter ...
also by the way shanks said that luffy ate Gumu gumu fruit after luffy scratch he didn't know anything about the fruit either but since he was angry probably he wasn't supprised and it seemed like he knew the DF ability
Old 2006-08-16, 12:37   Link #143
Chuixupu
Shikachu

When he said "the secret to this is hidden in the grand line", he meant the secret of how they work and where they come from.
DFs are rare outside of the grand line, but they are common enough that a person recognizes someone with an ability immediately.
Old 2006-08-17, 03:01   Link #144
Slayerx

Quote:
since in East blue most of the people heard about Df as rumors or legend and since it is hard to find Df in the other seas (since the didn't we didn'r see mush about the other seas, i am not sure, but from the reaction of orhara peoples toward rubin u can assume it also rare to find any DF) also all of west, east, north, south blues the people reaction toward DF user is to consider them freak or be afried while in grandline it is normaly to see DF people for the people who lie there.
With this you are basically saying that devil fruit are very rare outside the grandline, not as you said earlier, a zero chance of finding one... so far what we know is that the secret to the devil fruit is in the grandline, however how they end up where poeple find them is still a complete mystery... It has only been said that devil fruit is much more common in the grandline, not that it's the ONLY place where devil fruit maybe found... It could very well be, that Robin got extremely lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it), and chanced upon one of the very few devil fruit to appear outside of the grandline...

Personally though, how Robin and many others found their devil fruit, is something i don't think Oda is ever really gonna go into much detail... if it were important he would have included when he was telling the characters back story... It robin's flashback for instance, he would have snuck in the info when Robin first showed Saul her power, by having her quickly mentioned where she found the fruit... yes he'll tells use where devil fruit comes from, just never really go into detail about how many DF users found their fruit, it's just not that important

Quote:
anyway it is a conclusion ... and actually i start reading the manga from the first chapter ...
also by the way shanks said that luffy ate Gumu gumu fruit after luffy scratch he didn't know anything about the fruit either but since he was angry probably he wasn't supprised and it seemed like he knew the DF ability
Actually i think i recall adressing that early on in the thread, or atleast in some other thread... All in all, i recall that i did agree from how it was said, they did seem to know it was the rubber fruit before Luffy ate... however, considering how spandam, a man with connections in the world gov't, said that it was impossible to tell what kind of power is in a fruit, i pretty much wrote this off as a mistake, a lack of foresight, on Oda's part (how could shanks know but not an 800 yr old gov't?)... Being the very begining of the manga, Oda may not have fully thought out the devil fruit, particularily if there was a way to tell what kind of fruit it was... he may have thought latter that it would be much better if there was no way to tell what power you would get... without knowing what power you get it makes devil fruit much riskier, and thus more interesting... The choice of wheather or not to eat a fruit would become rather easy if you knew what power you would get...

Such slight lack of foresight is not too surprising at the begining of a story... another example of possible lack of foresight was when Zoro fought Hatchi... When Zoro finished him off he cut apart hatchi's swords, but this took place long before Zoro learned how to cut steal... Oda may have decided latter on that cutting steal would become a big part of Zoro's development...
Old 2006-08-27, 19:39   Link #145
Dr.Kureha

I dont know why but i just have the feeling that the devil fruits have some thing to do with the the country that dissapeard 800 years ago before the world government arose.....or even the pone-glyphs......maybe the devil fruits could have originated from this country?

My other theory is that the devil fruits jsut grown on normal fruit trees. It is said that the fruits are to have the power of the devil himself so maybe a devil fruit could have just been a normal fruit on a normal tree which was "tainted" by the devil. This could explain why the fruits appearance is completely random.........n the reason that there are more devil fruits in the grand line may be because of some great evil there?????

OR it would be unbelievably awsome if ther was a devil fruit forest

Last edited by Dr.Kureha; 2006-08-27 at 19:57.
Old 2006-08-27, 19:45   Link #146
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Um, yeah, we already mentioned that in this thread.
Old 2006-09-09, 17:58   Link #147
airsBlue

possible difference between sea water and seastone

when a DF user fall in sea he become hammer and he can't swim but it doesn't mean u can use ur ability in water ...
when Arlong throw luffy in the sea ... nami's sister were able to scratch luffy head out of water .. so luffy didn't lose his power he simple couldn't do that at his own ...

while touching seastone make u lose power .. and u can't use ur ability u suddenly became normal very very tired normal human ...

... it maybe seems stupied but this difference can make event .. example Aoi koji has the ability to get out of the sea if he fall on it !!!!! and there maybe exist other type of DF with the ability that can be used to get out of water .. like kilo kilo fruit ...
Old 2006-09-09, 18:07   Link #148
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
when a DF user fall in sea he become hammer and he can't swim but it doesn't mean u can use ur ability in water ...
when Arlong throw luffy in the sea ... nami's sister were able to scratch luffy head out of water .. so luffy didn't lose his power he simple couldn't do that at his own ...
It doesn't make them change back into a normal person, obviously, but they have no strength to use it, so it's the same as not having it.

Quote:
while touching seastone make u lose power .. and u can't use ur ability u suddenly became normal very very tired normal human ...
Seastone has the same effect as falling in the sea - it's been said so. for instance, Luffy sitting in a seastone cage could be stretched by someone else, but he couldn't stretch himself.

Quote:
... it maybe seems stupied but this difference can make event .. example Aoi koji has the ability to get out of the sea if he fall on it !!!!!
No he doesn't. Aokiji would sink if he fell in the sea just like anyone else. I don't know where you got that idea.
Old 2006-09-09, 18:26   Link #149
airsBlue

Quote:
Seastone has the same effect as falling in the sea - it's been said so. for instance, Luffy sitting in a seastone cage could be stretched by someone else, but he couldn't stretch himself.
if that so then the sea stone can't be used to catch any DF user with logia power.
let's forget luffy here for a moment ... when smoker and the marines catched buggy in that town before entering the grandline .. he tried using his power but it was useless.
well i am not sure but when luffy tried saving zoro and usopp from the jail between ep 196-198 ... the jail fall on him usopp tried pulling him ourt .. he didn't scratch (even thought it was filler) .. also in the same arc when he was catched in the net.

Quote:
No he doesn't. Aokiji would sink if he fell in the sea just like anyone else. I don't know where you got that idea.
umm.. when Ao kiji used his Ice Age .. he put his hand in the water and then froze the ocean.
Old 2006-09-09, 18:41   Link #150
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
if that so then the sea stone can't be used to catch any DF user with logia power.
Of course it would. He couldn't use his power to do anything.

Quote:
let's forget luffy here for a moment ... when smoker and the marines catched buggy in that town before entering the grandline .. he tried using his power but it was useless.
Yep, and the same thing happens in the sea, the only difference is that being underwater, you DROWN as well.

Quote:
well i am not sure but when luffy tried saving zoro and usopp from the jail between ep 196-198 ... the jail fall on him usopp tried pulling him ourt .. he didn't scratch (even thought it was filler) .. also in the same arc when he was catched in the net.
Umm.... Your point?

Quote:
umm.. when Ao kiji used his Ice Age .. he put his hand in the water and then froze the ocean.
As Oda said in the SBS posted earlier, just touching water doesn't take away power, but how much they IMMERSED in the water.
Old 2006-09-09, 19:37   Link #151
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
As Oda said in the SBS posted earlier, just touching water doesn't take away power, but how much they IMMERSED in the water.
There is also another explanation. I don't remember that part exactly, but I guess at the time Ao Kiji was putting his hand inside water, he can create an icy shield covering his hand and preventing a physical contact between sea and his hand.
Old 2006-09-09, 20:33   Link #152
airsBlue

Quote:
There is also another explanation. I don't remember that part exactly, but I guess at the time Ao Kiji was putting his hand inside water, he can create an icy shield covering his hand and preventing a physical contact between sea and his hand.
no he put his hand directly .. i am sure of it.

sea water and sea stone do the same job ... and that is to Restricted the ability of DF users .. but it does not mean that they are the same.

Quote:
Whenever DF users enter such place, not only the DF ability, but also they'll have hard time moving their body. They can struggle a little, but it doesn't mean anything. That's what happens when the full body is in the "ocean." If it's only half the body or only regs/arms, then symptom will be lighten a little. Also, flowing water (from top to bottom) doesn't take any effect. That's why DF users generally take half-body-bath or shower
it was the interview with oda u mentioned in replay #120 in this topic ... being in water or sea will make DF user have hard time moving their body, they can struggle a little, but it doesn't mean anything. while just by touching the sea stone u can't use ur power ... as when luffy was in croc jail .. and as was robin while in cuffs..

and here is another intresting point ... when luffy touched the sea stone in croc jail or the tip of smoker stick he losed his power and he was too tired to even moved like he was drawing in the sea ... but robin walked in enis lobby without getting tired !!!? i am pretty sure that they said the cuffs were made of sea stones ...

and another thing when luffy was fighting croc he was sucked in water ... doesn't this consider a bath ??
Old 2006-09-09, 20:56   Link #153
airsBlue

umm... i have question .. in skypie arc ... do u think the cloud where marry stopped when thier reach the sky and the beach sea near the angel isalnd is made of the same materials ?? if i remember correctly there anre two types of clouds
1- the one u sail on it .... 2- the milky way clouds .. right ?
Old 2006-09-09, 23:46   Link #154
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
and another thing when luffy was fighting croc he was sucked in water ... doesn't this consider a bath ??
When you suck in water, do you consider it a bath?

Quote:
umm... i have question .. in skypie arc ... do u think the cloud where marry stopped when thier reach the sky and the beach sea near the angel isalnd is made of the same materials ?? if i remember correctly there anre two types of clouds
1- the one u sail on it .... 2- the milky way clouds .. right ?
I don't remember, but you sail on the milky way clouds too, there's another kind of cloud that is solid, that you can build structures with.
Old 2006-09-10, 06:17   Link #155
airsBlue

yeah.. there are only two kind of cloud .. the one u sail on it and the hard one which is used to build the angel island, i don't think they mentioned any other type of cloud ...

so here is another point:
when they reached angel beach luffy and chopper thought that they can swim on it. because it is not a blue sea .. but ended up drawining like as they were in ocean. zoro was the one to snatch them out.
but when they first arrived usopps tried to swim in the sea and when he jumped he was falling because there is no bottom for the white ocean. luffy scratch his hand to catch usopps and robin used her eyes flower on luffy hand to locate usopps. so while they were out of the water both of them were able to use his/her ability even though that part was in water.
unless it wasn't the same kind of cloud .. but i am sure it was ... the only different that there was hard cloud under the angel beach covered by the other cloud.

Quote:
When you suck in water, do you consider it a bath
no. also it was answered in the same SBS u mentioned in replay #120:
Quote:
Also, flowing water (from top to bottom) doesn't take any effect
so if i that's true then luffy match with croc make since.
Old 2006-09-24, 01:57   Link #156
Ultimate carl

DF ponderings...

Just some absent-minded questions while I'm bored with nothing else to do...

- Are there any repeat Devil's Fruit abilities? It seems like we've never seen two characters with the same ability, and likely never will. Hm. You'd think they'd run out of powers eventually...

- So inanimate objects can somehow absorb DFs. So far we've only seen weapons get Zoan types, but could non-weapon objects do this, too? Could they get non-Zoan types? Zoan types are okay, because then the object gains intelligence and can be ordered what to do, but if they got the other types, the object couldn't really do anything about it, now could it? Also since inanimate objects don't possess the ability to swim in the first place... XD

- ...How DO inanimate objects eat DFs?

- Could a ship absorb a DF? Wouldn't it be sort of useless if it just sank, then? XD

- Could an inanimate object made out of seastone absord a DF? XD

- So if a person eats two DFs they die... But what about an inanimate object, which isn't alive in the first place?

- Can you share a DF? Like split it in half or more and two or more people eat each piece?

- Can a DF be prepared in a meal by a chef? Would it still affect you? Could it be made to actually TASTE good? What about squeezing the juice out and making a fine DF punch? XD

- This might have been adressed somewhere, but where to DF come from? Is there a certain kind of tree? Where is it? If not one specific place, then how are they found in the first place? Where do they appear, and why? How are they generally found?

- Could a cyborg like Franky eat a Devil's Fruit? If it was Logia, could he only transform his non-cyborg half? XD

- Is there a sort of pattern to the way a DF looks and the kind of power it gives?

Heh, sorry, like I said, I'm bored. This is entirely just for fun and not to be taken seriously. XD
Old 2006-09-24, 06:30   Link #157
airsBlue

Quote:
- Are there any repeat Devil's Fruit abilities? It seems like we've never seen two characters with the same ability, and likely never will. Hm. You'd think they'd run out of powers eventually...

- So inanimate objects can somehow absorb DFs. So far we've only seen weapons get Zoan types, but could non-weapon objects do this, too? Could they get non-Zoan types? Zoan types are okay, because then the object gains intelligence and can be ordered what to do, but if they got the other types, the object couldn't really do anything about it, now could it? Also since inanimate objects don't possess the ability to swim in the first place... XD

- ...How DO inanimate objects eat DFs?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=2846&page=6
read to page 8 that should answer some of ur questions.

Quote:
- Could a ship absorb a DF? Wouldn't it be sort of useless if it just sank, then? XD
yeah it could since they can make weapon eat DF ... but isn't it kinda useless since the ship touch sea water .. unless they give the upper half DF ability ... but it wil be useless when u fight on ground. (and giving part of the ship zenon DF ability is pretty useless.

Quote:
- So if a person eats two DFs they die... But what about an inanimate object, which isn't alive in the first place?
if person eat 2 DF they will explode not die ... so i think the inanimate will explode as well.

Quote:
- Can a DF be prepared in a meal by a chef? Would it still affect you? Could it be made to actually TASTE good? What about squeezing the juice out and making a fine DF punch? XD
what's the opint .. they will still taste bad ... and maybe they will lose it power, as far we know DF power can't be shared. the same DF can't give mor than 1 person it powers.

Quote:
- Can you share a DF? Like split it in half or more and two or more people eat each piece?
Quote:
- This might have been adressed somewhere, but where to DF come from? Is there a certain kind of tree? Where is it? If not one specific place, then how are they found in the first place? Where do they appear, and why? How are they generally found?
Quote:
- Is there a sort of pattern to the way a DF looks and the kind of power it gives?
check the above link.

Quote:
- Could a cyborg like Franky eat a Devil's Fruit? If it was Logia, could he only transform his non-cyborg half? XD
no i think .. becasue Franky stomach is already part of his cyborg half. so even if he ate DF he can't absorbed it power.
Old 2006-09-24, 07:27   Link #158
regasatanum

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...?t=2846&page=6

no i think .. becasue Franky stomach is already part of his cyborg half. so even if he ate DF he can't absorbed it power.
eh... if a weapon without stomach can absorb a DF, i think so can a cyborg...
Old 2006-09-24, 17:48   Link #159
airsBlue

Quote:
eh... if a weapon without stomach can absorb a DF, i think so can a cyborg...
umm... yeah u are right but can the weapon eat DF !!!???

Quote:
In post #126 Slayerx said:
Well for one thing we jump back to the question of, how do you feed a weapon?
For all we know it could be alot simplier then we think... like stuffing a piece of the fruit down the barrel of the gun, or just chopping the fruit with a sword... or something else that we wouldn't think of right away... Some of that may sound ridiculus but all i'm trying to say is that It's not nessasarily true that feeding a weapon requires some rare and advanced technology as it sounds like your saying...

But when it comes to the process of feeding a weapon, whose to say the gov't was the first to figure it out, it could have been some random researcher... it could very easily be true that the prosess frist developed in the underworld and not by the gov't; hell the freeding weapons devil fruits process could have just been some crazy accident... afterall, who would be crazy enough to think you could feed devil fruit to an inanimate object, much less think that it would actually give the weapons powers...
well i think this idea of how weapon can get DF power is the best thing i heard and i agree with it. so even if franky can eat DF because his stomach of iron so his body will not get the power the only way to give it to him is by making the metal with DF the rebuild franky ... so do u think he will rebuild him self just to get DF !!!?
also i don't think Franky really need DF powers.. each member have special ability and strengh which make them unique and they developed it as sthe story goes on. now imagine if zoro eat DF or Sanji or even usuops .. do u think thier character would still be intrested !!?
i don't think so .. Zoro is trying to be the strongest swords man in the world he need to be strong in swords and polish his skills to do that .. so he doesn't actually beleive in strengh coming from DF.
Sanji want to find all blue .. yeah he need to be strong to do that .. but cook don't use his hand in fights or use foods to fight (forget about those special cases where he used them) so do u think eating DF to get strengh in his mind ... i think he just want to get strong the way his master got it.
Usuops, nami stuggle to use thier mind in fighting instead of strengh ... i think thier character is good the way it is .. if they eat DF i think i won't like them any more.
now for franky if he really joined luffy .. then don't think usuops and chopper can help him modifying himself ... usuops can do the parts franky couldn't do them. also i think impact deal and other deals from skypie where meant to be used for franky.
Closed Thread