AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-16, 09:19   Link #3481
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
And although it's certainly for bad reasons, the yen is down to about 80 yen to the dollar.
Old 2011-03-16, 09:24   Link #3482
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
And although it's certainly for bad reasons, the yen is down to about 80 yen to the dollar.
Actually stronger than it was before the quake thanks to artificial manipulation by the banks... but hopefully it will weaken again in the coming weeks. I miss the times of it being 100+ (oh how I wish for 117y to the dollar like pre-GFC).

Since I have about two thousand dollars worth of pending preorders over the next few months, yeah, I want to see the yen weaken. >.>
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 09:57   Link #3483
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Yeah, I was just thinking I had that backwards.
Old 2011-03-17, 07:26   Link #3484
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Why does that Kirino look as blonde as Saber? I thought her hair was more orange-like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
From what I've seen, her hair is kinda light on that figure, and Kitsune seems to have used a flash so that might be messing with color saturation.
I can finally upload the picture I took of my both kirino figures so you can compare how this figure looks somewath blonder than the other...

Spoiler for picture:

I also removed the skirts of both of them just to be sure this was not a problem of pantsu-light reflectance

Spoiler for NSFW:
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 12:35   Link #3485
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

HLJ just rised their prices on everything to help out Japan.
Old 2011-03-17, 13:29   Link #3486
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

The only thing I am inclined to do is quit my job, sell everything I have, then head for japan
and help out physically
having to spend the rest of my days living on the streets, while CEO's of charity organisations are swimming in cash

But at least it won't be my money , which will leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling
Old 2011-03-18, 13:34   Link #3487
Zeroryoko1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Actually stronger than it was before the quake thanks to artificial manipulation by the banks... but hopefully it will weaken again in the coming weeks. I miss the times of it being 100+ (oh how I wish for 117y to the dollar like pre-GFC).

Since I have about two thousand dollars worth of pending preorders over the next few months, yeah, I want to see the yen weaken. >.>
On a semi related note, the G-7 have agreed to start buying up yen to stop it's downward trend. It was aparently down to about 75 yen/dollar
Old 2011-03-18, 13:50   Link #3488
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
On a semi related note, the G-7 have agreed to start buying up yen to stop it's downward trend. It was aparently down to about 75 yen/dollar
That means it was strengthening, not weakening. Because the bank of Japan has dumped many billions of dollars in to it, and the market has been liquidating to prop up the yen itself, disregarding the rest of the economy (not entirely sure why).

But it's kind of upsetting given my pending figure bill. I'd be happy if the yen was 80-90, but under 80 is pretty painful.
Old 2011-03-18, 14:27   Link #3489
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post
The only thing I am inclined to do is quit my job, sell everything I have, then head for japan
and help out physically
having to spend the rest of my days living on the streets, while CEO's of charity organisations are swimming in cash

But at least it won't be my money , which will leave me with a warm and fuzzy feeling
Aye.. .I'm between jobs at the moment... if I thought I could GET to a useful position through the red tape I'd be over there helping right now. I've called a few agencies but no one seems to have a protocol in place for that sort of volunteerism.
Old 2011-03-18, 14:47   Link #3490
Zeroryoko1974

Quote:
That means it was strengthening, not weakening. Because the bank of Japan has dumped many billions of dollars in to it, and the market has been liquidating to prop up the yen itself, disregarding the rest of the economy (not entirely sure why).

But it's kind of upsetting given my pending figure bill. I'd be happy if the yen was 80-90, but under 80 is pretty painful.
Well downward, as in fewer yen to the doller, but yeah it was strengthened. Funny that the bank would do that, knowing that the yen would be strengthened against the dollar, but Japan's economy is primarily export based from what I have read. Which you would think a weaker yen would be favorable, unless you figure they are going to buy regardless. Just my guess, I am no economics expert
Old 2011-03-18, 18:29   Link #3491
Qikz

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html (NSFW)

I haven't played the games, but damn she's a cute character and damn that's a nice figure. o_o
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 18:57   Link #3492
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The global central banks intervened to stop the distasteful yen speculation (profit driving misery) ... after dropping to about 75yen/$ its back up to nearly 81 yen/$.

Not that it still doesn't suck compared to the longtime value of 100-120yen/$ but at least someone punched the speculators a bit.
Old 2011-03-18, 22:00   Link #3493
Zeroryoko1974

Speculation seems to succeed only in making a few rich, and everyone else miserable
Old 2011-03-18, 22:24   Link #3494
InitialGT

HLJ is having an amazing sale for some figures. i just ordered a ritsu and to love-ru figures
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 01:12   Link #3495
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
My stuff.

It's a lot of stuff.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 08:53   Link #3496
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Love the Snake Eater poster!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 12:26   Link #3497
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialGT View Post
HLJ is having an amazing sale for some figures. i just ordered a ritsu and to love-ru figures
I broke my temporary freeze on the anime/manga budget and ordered a Kuroneko figure... will browse around and see what else there is.
Old 2011-03-20, 02:22   Link #3498
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Hobbylink Japan's warehouse after the earthquake

I feel like my heart was devastated after seeing all those box figures on the floor . Who knows, some of them might be damaged. Then again, if the packaging is good then most likely it won't be even damaged at all. I guess that's the reason they made all those boxes so damn huge.

-> On a random note, I went to Anime Matsuri and I just purchased a 1/7" figure of Fate Testarossa made by Alter. It's the Nanoha StrikerS version of Fate. It was pricy but it's worth it. It's huge and the hair is giving me trouble positioning her . I also bought a Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere) and the whole band members of K-On! (they're not big size). I tried to limit myself and trust me...it's hard.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 02:35   Link #3499
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
-> On a random note, I went to Anime Matsuri and I just purchased a 1/7" figure of Fate Testarossa made by Alter. It's the Nanoha StrikerS version of Fate. It was pricy but it's worth it. It's huge and the hair is giving me trouble positioning her
I have Sonic Fate and haven't even unboxed her, because she's so huge. Not a chance of fitting in my current case due to the depth, and may even have trouble fitting in the larger one I plan to get in the very near future due to shelf height. >.< I don't regret getting her, but the size has made it incredibly difficult to display her.
Old 2011-03-20, 09:57   Link #3500
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
I have Sonic Fate and haven't even unboxed her, because she's so huge. Not a chance of fitting in my current case due to the depth, and may even have trouble fitting in the larger one I plan to get in the very near future due to shelf height. >.< I don't regret getting her, but the size has made it incredibly difficult to display her.
It almost like she's telling us to put her on her own shelf or case
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote