AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2015-03-23, 17:42   Link #10501
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
Didn't Hata say he fucked something up and lost the rights to use CTMYOY's story in the manga? If that's the case he might be remixing plot points here. The pocketwatch already showed up under circumstances that don't match the anime's as well, if I remember correctly... though it's also possible he tweaked CTMEOY's story to better stand on its own, without giving away things that hadn't happened in the manga yet.
I was unaware of any rights problems. However, if that is the case, then it does make the Kuro-tsubaki being in Mikado's mansion make sense (I had theorized it was a replica). And that would mean that Dolly being here would make sense as well.

The more I think about it the more I like the notion of story that better fits the manga, especially if it involves Shin.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 19:00   Link #10502
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

how is dolly?
Old 2015-03-28, 13:45   Link #10503
Utkarsh Ray

That was fast! It's 18th September already.
It seems this arc is going to be quite interesting and eventful.
But it looks like "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" isn't weaved in the canon story anymore ;_;
Utkarsh Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 17:25   Link #10504
GlassesLady
dat apple

And it seems Nagi's interested in participating now she's realized this could pay off Hayate's debt... I like that. She's a good girl when she's not being a useless layabout :P

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 17:37   Link #10505
ChampDream
Alive

It look like Nagi got some motivation, the level 5 trip feel like a survival game for me.
I sometimes wonder if Hayate could pay his debt off, couldn't he still stay as a buttler since he could still need money and a place to live? is not like he have somewhere to go after paying the debt.
Old 2015-03-28, 17:47   Link #10506
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassesLady View Post
And it seems Nagi's interested in participating now she's realized this could pay off Hayate's debt... I like that. She's a good girl when she's not being a useless layabout :P
Hayate's debt is to Nagi in the first place. She's participating so he won't be able to repay it (except by working as her butler).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 22:42   Link #10507
MCAL

Yeah... Those bracelet's totally do something else.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 13:31   Link #10508
GDB

The symbol on the top of them reminds me of the symbols on the King's Jewels.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 12:14   Link #10509
ChampDream
Alive

Interesting to see the trip in New Zealand, it look like Nagi got rekt by someone.
That last page and she appear, I guess it was about time.
Old 2015-04-02, 17:08   Link #10510
MCAL

I guess this leads more credence to the notion that the Director is Dolly.

Coincidentally, only three chapters in and its already better that CTMEOY.
Old 2015-04-02, 17:10   Link #10511
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I kinda had the same reaction as Hayate when Nagi called it New Zealand. I keep forgetting she's smart.
Old 2015-04-02, 17:47   Link #10512
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I just knew it! \o/

Oooh I can't wait to see how the author will change it up!

Spoiler for Hayate 487:

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 11:20   Link #10513
AstroNerdBoy

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how Hata-sensei does the story differently from the CTMEOY anime.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2015-04-03, 21:09   Link #10514
DragonXX

There is only one thing I know about this Arc and that is Hayate will not win or he will not get the 150 million even if he does win.(Him winning the 150 million would be the biggest twist in this series if it does happen.)
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 02:12   Link #10515
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Hayate's debt is to Nagi in the first place. She's participating so he won't be able to repay it (except by working as her butler).
It's exactly this attitude that makes Athena, Maria or Hina all the more preferable to Nagi (as one commentator on a site that will not be named pointed out), sadly Hata's still gonna lean hard on Nagi 'winning' anyways.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-06, 16:37   Link #10516
AstroNerdBoy

Having read the prototype Hayate no Gotoku manga, it is clear to me that Hata-sensei's original premise was to have a Hayate x Nagi pairing in the end. So I understand why he does not want to let that go.

Unfortunately for him, the story as it has panned out does not realistically lead to a Nagi x Hayate pairing. You can make a strong argument for Hina. You can make a strong argument for Ayumu. You can make a strong argument for Athena. You can even make an argument for Maria since Hayate has been shown to be attracted to her. None of that exists for Nagi.

Although Hata-sensei had Athena figuratively hand off things to Nagi as a means of officially removing herself from consideration, the fact of the matter is that he knew (possibly before he wrote the Athena x Hayate backstory, which may have been a reason he delayed it so long) that the Athena backstory made Athena x Hayate pairing the logical, natural one after that arc completed. I sometimes suspect that the reason he had Athena become Ah-tan again is to keep her in the story, but remove her as a romantic partner for Hayate.

Anyway, I've blathered enough about this.

Changing topics, I'm rather looking forward to seeing how this Level 5 trip arc pans out since it is replacing CTMEOY.

Old 2015-04-06, 17:02   Link #10517
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Having read the prototype Hayate no Gotoku manga, it is clear to me that Hata-sensei's original premise was to have a Hayate x Nagi pairing in the end. So I understand why he does not want to let that go.

Unfortunately for him, the story as it has panned out does not realistically lead to a Nagi x Hayate pairing. You can make a strong argument for Hina. You can make a strong argument for Ayumu. You can make a strong argument for Athena. You can even make an argument for Maria since Hayate has been shown to be attracted to her. None of that exists for Nagi.

Although Hata-sensei had Athena figuratively hand off things to Nagi as a means of officially removing herself from consideration, the fact of the matter is that he knew (possibly before he wrote the Athena x Hayate backstory, which may have been a reason he delayed it so long) that the Athena backstory made Athena x Hayate pairing the logical, natural one after that arc completed. I sometimes suspect that the reason he had Athena become Ah-tan again is to keep her in the story, but remove her as a romantic partner for Hayate.
I'd make a case with "the story is about Nagi, so it will end without Hayate having a romantic partner firmly decided".
Old 2015-04-12, 08:17   Link #10518
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Hmm none of that "Onee-chan" from Tsugumi to Nagi in this new chapter.

Spoiler for ch 488:

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 14:14   Link #10519
ChampDream
Alive

Ruri is so much different from the anime, I think so far I like her more here.
Old 2015-04-13, 21:15   Link #10520
MCAL

"Curry is Justice"

Isumi knows what's up..

Tags
comedy, shounen