AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 19:29   Link #36861
Eratas123

Shadow will be re-written, so its down for now. Anyway, how are you so sure a male kid could pilot an IS? In FI, 2 of the 4 kids can't pilot at all, and the other 2 get only the tiniest reactions. If the 'Ichika is a clone theory' is true, then it's not natural at all.
Old 2012-09-12, 22:26   Link #36862
DarkJak2050

Another Fanfic...

IS Retribution
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:52   Link #36863
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ new fic
- Marty stu alert (Hax equipment? Curbstomping Laura in the first sortie??)
- Plenty of wrong facts about tech and rules (and unlike me, it's not stated as done on purpose)

---------------------------------------------
Imma trying to reconstruct the "Hard work hardly works" theme that Demi tried to play with all the damn time, such as a hard worker resent the hell out of a talented slacker etc.

Sometimes there will be someone that is far better than you regardless of how much you try, all because of sheer talent backed up same effort (THE bog standard unfriendly morals of shounen stories).

On the other hand, not doing anything and being a true loser is a big mistake and thus senseless waste of life. The best you can have is to use everything in your disposal and improve it to see how far you can achieve.
Old 2012-09-12, 22:55   Link #36864
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

And for as long as there's theory, there will always be speculations. Speaking of unnatural occurences, Ichika getting to pilot an IS wasn't even normal(in-verse wise) to begin with.

A male offspring of his that somehow inherits this trait would also be unnatural, true. But given the shallow in-verse harem plot, there would be a (short)degree of justification such as people going "Oh right, his father was an IS pilot before as well."

There's this leeway caused by the lack of information from canon materials. Things like why Ichika could pilot an IS, IIRC, wasn't made known explicitly in canon hence ideas of another male IS pilot comes into play.

Then again, the overall focus varies from story to story. Some being on the characters and how they develop in the world of the IS and others focusing on the IS themselves. Athena's case being the IS getting weaponized for sports instead of heading for the initial purpose of space exploration.

@New fic

For Mann's sake... Right as I typed out something about "second male IS pilot" too...

Also Zero, saw the backstory I posted back?
Old 2012-09-12, 23:06   Link #36865
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sturgeon's Law, it never go wrong.

At any rate, both of you got a point. Ichika's offspring may or may not possess that ability, because no one but Author (and possibly, Tabane and others) knew the origin of that ability in the first place, and the won't tell anything in the near future. It's up to the fic author to decide.

Hell, in TLR verse, there's a lot of Girls who can't use I.S. at all, not even measly D-rank synchronization. A good reason of why a lot of C-ranker student exist.

EDIT: For the backstory, just add some reason of why Inami was choosen amongst all kids. Such as psychological profile, physical compatibility and what not. If not, then handwave time.

EDIT 2: Flame war potential aside, I just found that female have better bone strength coefficient and anti-decompression ability.... which mean if trained properly, they're naturally better pilot. FUCK YES!

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-09-12 at 23:28.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 23:31   Link #36866
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I could probably chip in something about his physical compatibility. Something about his eyes having the best macular performance (better, sharper central vision) which is required to control the Minerva's systems via its holographic HUD in its helmet.

EDIT: 87 guests? Holy mushrooms o.0

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-09-12 at 23:59.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 00:08   Link #36867
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I am still trying to figure out how to integrate the rouge Drone concept in.
Old 2012-09-13, 01:17   Link #36868
demino_hellsin
That one guy

With the cancellation of the LN's imminent, I feel this itch to make a rewrite of the whole series

=))

And it's pushing everything back for now

D:

NOOOO!!!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 01:42   Link #36869
Eratas123

Almost finished next chapter of FI. Despite the intended humor, I can't help but add numerous dark scenes.
Old 2012-09-13, 01:51   Link #36870
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's your thing. Don't worry about it.
Old 2012-09-13, 02:23   Link #36871
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Spoiler for Minerva Project candidates:

I'll admit, for that one name, I looked up on Zero's Armored Stratos and thought "Why not?"

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-09-13 at 02:40.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 04:29   Link #36872
Eratas123

Gotta say, doing a bath scene for guys is way easier than doing for girls:/
Old 2012-09-13, 04:32   Link #36873
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The worse that could happen is when they... embark on a sneak adventure. Other than that, there isn't really much happening in a boys bath aside from the usual chats.

Staying away from girls' bath scenes though... :|
Old 2012-09-13, 04:40   Link #36874
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Yaoi fan girls are always disappoint in male bath scenes =))
Old 2012-09-13, 04:56   Link #36875
Eratas123

Well, it's a bath between Ichika and his kids in the large baths, so I can't really do much. However, things will get worse when I have to do the onsen chapter and Dan tries to peek
Old 2012-09-13, 05:05   Link #36876
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

He just signed his own death certificate...
Old 2012-09-13, 05:09   Link #36877
Eratas123

He gets away clean, actually. Dan starts peeking from the open roof, but Ichika tries to stop him. Dan moves out of the way at the last second and Ichika ends up falling in due to momentum.

Cue crash, screams, numerous slaps, and more than a few gropes for the only male IS pilot.
Old 2012-09-13, 05:11   Link #36878
demino_hellsin
That one guy

was he doing the groping or was he the gropee? O.o?
Old 2012-09-13, 05:17   Link #36879
Eratas123

.....Well, this is a story where it's confirmed he does "go around the world" at some point in the future. You do the math:/

At least he wasn't alone. Kanzashi's kid helps him try to stop Dan......and gets mentally scarred for life considering who's in the spring.
Old 2012-09-13, 05:21   Link #36880
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wonder if it would be badly received that Ichika and Charlotte fight to the death on their first meeting. But considering she should be part of the harem... one can guess how that ends >.>

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest