AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-06-08, 03:53   Link #1
zaikoi

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Light Novel - New Testament Volume 16 Speculation/Theories

Mod edit:
This is a thread to speculate about developments in Volume 16 of the Index NT Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

Off-topic posting/shipping/"shitposting" = BAN

NOTE: It is assumed that you are familiar with the most recently-released novel content when discussing in this thread. If you are discussing content from recent novels that has yet to be summarized or translated, please use spoiler tags and carefully identify the novel volume you're discussing.

---

Index NT 16 is coming out at 10th August 2016.

Can someone translate the text in there?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2016-06-08 at 15:46.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 04:00   Link #2
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
Index NT 16 is coming out at 10th August 2016.

Can someone translate the text in there?

Wow, so quick.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 04:05   Link #3
entei08

This time to defend an (ojou-sama) school? Protect the sanctuary from Element!

It's supposed to be winter yet the temperature exceeded 50 degrees due to a sudden abnormal change in weather. The mysterious enemy "Element". In their swimsuits, Kamijou, Misaka Mikoto and the Mental Out girl attempts to defend Tokiwadai Middle School. challenges Tokiwadai Middle School's defences.

I wonder why not just write Misaki's name out directly.

EDIT: I fixed a mistake I made.

Last edited by entei08; 2016-06-09 at 21:24.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 04:56   Link #4
The One Above God
Kamijou

^Maybe because Touma will inevitably forget her name? Anyway, the synopsis seems pretty random.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 05:02   Link #5
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
^Maybe because Touma will inevitably forget her name? Anyway, the synopsis seems pretty random.
Maybe she's using a proxy again. You have a point but the synopsis isn't in Touma's POV unlike ZW where it's almost always in Shinobu's POV.
Old 2016-06-08, 05:33   Link #6
LevelSeven

the plot is overhelmingly....boring :/ is this the actual story or a non-canon one?
this kind of sudden useless enemy and the beach setting sounds really cheap
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 05:42   Link #7
zaikoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
the plot is overhelmingly....boring :/ is this the actual story or a non-canon one?
You will never know since it is written by Kamachi.
He bait people by think Kamisato is a generic harem protagonist.

He turned out to be opposite of what we think.
zaikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 06:00   Link #8
LazyHunter

A novel mainly set around Tokiwadai with Touma, Mikoto and Misaki should be interesting, as long as it's not a fakeout like NT7 chapter 1.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 06:45   Link #9
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

NT16 in August? Sweet. I was expecting a September release but this is good as well. (Crosses fingers for Virtual-On 2 in September)

Like LazyHunter has said, as long as Kamachi actually delivers on the synopsis for the entire volume and doesn't push Misaka and Shokuhou to the side, then this should be a good volume. At the same time, continue the Misaka plotline and somehow factor Yuiitsu, Aleister and Kamisato into the mix.
Old 2016-06-08, 07:14   Link #10
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaikoi View Post
You will never know since it is written by Kamachi.
He bait people by think Kamisato is a generic harem protagonist.

He turned out to be opposite of what we think.
Except, you know, that's exactly what he is. Girls literally like him because of... reasons that are never explained. He gains a broken ability (out of nowhere) and sees fit to blame the Magic gods because of... reasons yet again.

He is the generic harem lead archetype through and through, there is no denying that. He is literally what I always thought he was, just because he lost WR and his harem are dumb enough to sacrifice themselves won't change that.
Old 2016-06-08, 08:51   Link #11
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post

It's supposed to be winter yet the temperature exceeded 50 degrees due to a sudden abnormal change in weather. The mysterious enemy "Element". In their swimsuits, Kamijou, Misaka Mikoto and the Mental Out girl attempts to defend Tokiwadai Middle School.

Element...Please, Kamachi. Please let that have something to do with the ith District-Five Elements Institution. Please let this signal the return of Hyouka. And please let Mikoto fall deeper and deeper and not resolve Mikoto's issues just yet.
Old 2016-06-08, 09:22   Link #12
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Dude, like the Real Long summary doesnt come out until the month of the release day, these short synopsis are usually put to hype the audience but it not the true synopsis till August. I would agree with your statement if it was like NT14 bait & switch situation (sorry guys who like that vol, it was ok, but I was really disappointed with that vol after binge reading on a airplane...thank god Nt15 was actually freaking good ) but just give it a chance . And if your new to the series Level seven, all Novel & SS are canon, only one that are not are Parody and Cross-Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
A novel mainly set around Tokiwadai with Touma, Mikoto and Misaki should be interesting, as long as it's not a fakeout like NT7 chapter 1.
Didnt get the reference until i re-read it again. I dont know how but i knew before the book came out, I knew it wasnt gonna take place at the school Garden for the whole vol, just a chapter or so. Didnt feel cheap out for being a fakeout, but would like more explanation of the School Garden, but the railgun anime show enough what it is

Quote:
Maybe she's using a proxy again. You have a point but the synopsis isn't in Touma's POV unlike ZW where it's almost always in Shinobu's POV.
Thanks again entei08 as ever for doing these short summary translation or posting them either or.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Element...Please, Kamachi. Please let that have something to do with the ith District-Five Elements Institution. Please let this signal the return of Hyouka. And please let Mikoto fall deeper and deeper and not resolve Mikoto's issues just yet.
Well depending on the length of the Novel we dont know, also until we get the official summary of the LN we cant actually speculate because there no mention of Aleister since (we all know he would be the one after misaka, make more scene unless kamachi pull a 180) he want to dispose of her for learning of the A.A.A. or it would be in the Epilogue where ALL THE PAST NT LIGHT NOVEL HAPPEN TO HAVE THE HYPEIST SHIT IN TERM OF ACTION, PLOT TWIST, STORY BOMB, REVELATIONS, & ETC happen in the EPILOGUE! hope it a decent length

MY personal opinion: "Just gonna wait till Aguest goes that when my brithday in...not the 10th but the 6th. Only thing i want in NT16

*is have some explanation of IM in the novel
* The Dragon (cause after seeing it in Railgun, kinda want them to wreck some shit)
* Touma getting a new power
* Or some progression with KamiKoto hehehe cause it the 16th volume, if anyone know what the number 16 represent.
that all
oh and ....."*Cought* Othinus to suffer a but >.<
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 09:48   Link #13
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Dude, like the Real Long summary doesnt come out until the month of the release day, these short synopsis are usually put to hype the audience but it not the true synopsis till August. I would agree with your statement if it was like NT14 bait & switch situation (sorry guys who like that vol, it was ok, but I was really disappointed with that vol after binge reading on a airplane...thank god Nt15 was actually freaking good ) but just give it a chance .
until august we still have at least 2 months, of course no reliable spoiler is aviable but i can still express my opinion on the ones we got so far right?
Quote:
And if your new to the series Level seven, all Novel & SS are canon, only one that are not are Parody and Cross-Over
nah, being a reader since NT5 came out but got really into it since NT7 i would say that im rather "deep" in this story (naruto effect working 24h 7 days a week ),
only that the spoiler sounded like some super-cheap filler plot that usually get used in other storys (inifnite stratos-like)
Old 2016-06-08, 10:36   Link #14
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Girls literally like him because of... reasons that are never explained.
Touma and Nephthys have gone over this. To compare two similar characters, I don't think you should go over the already similar points in great detail when you introduce the second character, but jump to the differences. Yes it's forced, but that was the point, to make him "seem" generic.

Quote:
He gains a broken ability (out of Magic Gods being disappointed with their toy) and sees fit to blame the Magic gods because of... reasons yet again.
He's mad because he was forced to stray from his daily life because of someone's random whim. A perfectly valid reason. Sure you can call him a whining sissy for not manning up and accept it (as Touma did), it still doesn't make him a generic harem protag.

Quote:
He is the generic harem lead archetype through and through, there is no denying that. He is literally what I always thought he was, just because he lost WR and his harem are dumb enough to sacrifice themselves won't change that.
How about the fact that he not only wants to return to his normal life, but actively takes drastic measures in doing so? The fact that it won't work doesn't matter, it's all about the conviction. Generic harem protags may nag about their lives being out of whack, but ultimately does little to nothing to change it. I agree he started out generic, but through his actions and thoughts in two volumes he proved to be different from the bunch.
Old 2016-06-08, 11:22   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
He's mad because he was forced to stray from his daily life because of someone's random whim.
Pretty sure the Magic Gods didn't consciously choose to put WR inside him though.

Quote:
How about the fact that he not only wants to return to his normal life, but actively takes drastic measures in doing so?
If he wants to go back to his normal life, all he has to do is stop saving people. If someone is in trouble, ignore them and go about your business. No one put a gun to his head and forced him to save people.

It's ironic that the same drive to save people is what lead to him getting that power to begin with, but there's no need for him to shift responsibility.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 11:23   Link #16
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

It's supposed to be winter yet the temperature exceeded 50 degrees due to a sudden abnormal change in weather. The mysterious enemy "Element". In their swimsuits, Kamijou, Misaka Mikoto and the Mental Out girl attempts to defend Tokiwadai Middle School.

NT16 comes out two days before my birthday, AND features Misaki? The presents are coming early, and so is the long awaited fun time with the trio.

Of course, since this features Misaki, feels are also guaranteed

Expecting some development with Mikoto's little problem, good scenes with the queen, and of course, whatever insanity Kamachi decides to throw our way this time around.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 11:59   Link #17
entei08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Pretty sure the Magic Gods didn't consciously choose to put WR inside him though.
They also did not kill Aleister's daughter on purpose, didn't stop the man from taking action. Not saying they are the bad guys, but would you accept if someone permanently altered your life in a way you'd hate, even if they don't mean to? I'm not saying Kakeru's hate on magic gods is completely OK, just that it's justifiable. Being a magic god sucks, you make enemies simply through existing, have to hide in a hole to avoid screwing things up even more, and they are supposed to be gods.

Quote:
If he wants to go back to his normal life, all he has to do is stop saving people. If someone is in trouble, ignore them and go about your business. No one put a gun to his head and forced him to save people.

It's ironic that the same drive to save people is what lead to him getting that power to begin with, but there's no need for him to shift responsibility.
It is ironic, Kakeru knows he can't stop saving people so he's only proving that the magic gods placed their hopes (literally) in the right person as he keeps using WR, which is why there never was a going-back. It's like telling Touma stop saving people will rid him of his misfortune, not going to happen, Touma accepted this back in OT 4. Kakeru needs to accept how things are instead of throwing tantrums. That's not the point of my post though, I was rejecting the notion of him being a generic harem protag.
Old 2016-06-08, 13:12   Link #18
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Except, you know, that's exactly what he is. Girls literally like him because of... reasons that are never explained. He gains a broken ability (out of nowhere) and sees fit to blame the Magic gods because of... reasons yet again.

I agree, while he is an analog for a generic protagonist that only extends to the harem scenario that he's been placed in; as he doesn't seem to act like like a self insert protagonist or anything(reminds me more of SS1 hamazura). He actually seems like a very ordinary that's guy just been thrown into this situation and is simply trying to take greater control of his life, no mary sue speeches no code to apply himself under and such; in short while he is generic that's only relative to real life, which makes him quite unique in the context of actual anime/novel. he's still an asshole though, lol.

Personally I always saw him as the guy who is expecting too much of himself, he expects himself to be the guy that saves the girl but can't seem to produce the drive or good will to substantiate those expectations but still manages to succeed regardless. so here we've got a guy who has everyone(harem) treating him like the hero he wants to be but never feels fulfilled from this outcome. and so he blames magic gods because he's too insecure to blame himself or lacks the potential to produce anything meaningful from acknowledging this doubt. At least that's my thoughts on him, more of a character exploring what a real life harem protagonist would act like. or maybe a harem protagonist who genuinely feels inadequate(why I drew the hamazura comparison)
SibylEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 15:21   Link #19
DragonXX

There an unknown spoiler from the A Certain Magical Virtual-On that said the main heroire dies, if you look in the A Certain Magical Virtual-On forum. If this is true this make the death flag on Mikoto head even bigger because if Kamachi really did kill off the main heroire of A Certain Magical Virtual-On then he could kill Mikoto off even if a lot of fans could turn on him.

I am hype for this book which an enemy that cause abnormal change in weather because this have bet forshadow from NT10, when Othuins bring up the weird weather in NT10 which even she didn't understand and then again in NT14 because that what Birdway Sister was looking into until she get Sample Shoggoth.

Could this enemy call Element have something to do which Archangels or is it something from AC or something else all together and if Tokiwadai is the main place for the Book does this mean that the thing from the parody story that the Student Council of Tokiwadai have, will show up?

Also I beileve this may be a two-parter because we have not had a two-parter for a long time, now about 10 books ago?

Last edited by DragonXX; 2016-06-08 at 15:54.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 15:26   Link #20
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
There an unknown spoiler from the A Certain Magical Virtual-On that said the main heroire dies, if you look in the A Certain Magical Virtual-On forum. If this is true this make the death flag on Mikoto head even bigger because if Kamachi really did kill off the main heroire of A Certain Magical Virtual-On then he could kill Mikoto off even if a lot of fans could turn on him.
there is a single problem i see in this:
one is a non-canon version where basically anythig ca happen without any need for further plotline thinking or OOCs of characters,
and the other one is the canon version of index

i REALLY doubt that kamachi will do anything in that regard considering how small the actual deaths of named chars are (and even less about the good side, and even less if we consider the deaths of the good guys who are close to touma :/)