AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-07, 10:49   Link #1461
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I haven't watched Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko. I also haven't noticed it getting hyped much here on AS, or on other anime sites I frequent.

Is it that popular? Serious question.

Of course, it's not unheard of for a minor series to produce a strong girl or two (Eu in ISML immediately comes to mind), but it is pretty rare. The vast majority of strong girls tend to come from the most popular shows.
Henneko is that popular, it is one of the most hyped Spring 2013 anime I think. Even though for me I did find Azusa to be moe but I actually didn't find Tsukiko moe at all.

Prediction- Rikka, Ryuuka
Pick- Kyouko, N/A
Old 2013-10-07, 10:56   Link #1462
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Spoiler for The Big Board:

Guessing...
Kyouko & Ryuuka
Old 2013-10-07, 10:57   Link #1463
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@BloodyKitty and Ichuki - Thanks for the informative answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Shinka lost? To that degree? One of the bigger surprises yet and a massive blow, if not already a death knell to Chuu2koi's chances of grabbing the crown this year. Or was their faction's chances just a delusion all along? That's what we'll find out next match in a battle of illusions between the delusional Tyrant's Eye and Rosso Fantasma.
That's very nicely creative, Coldlight, lol. Good job playing up on the delusion aspect of Rikka and Kyouko's powers here.

Quote:
@Triple_R
I think it's popular enough. Pick it up! At the very least, it's a colorful show packed with moe (and some surprising drama) so from my vantage point I understand more easily how Azusa (and potentially, Tsukiko) can be so strong now. While I go to "investigate" Jintai and Watashi's source of strength, you go and "investigate" how the main HenNeko girls manage to reveal some hidden strengths.
Sounds like a plan to me! I'd at least like to have watched every girl that makes the Final 16, and it looks like Henneko has a decent chance of having a girl or two make the Final 16.

Edit: Saki Miyanaga should dye her hair blue, and wear blue contacts, to try to con Kyouko voters into voting for her. (Coldlight will probably get this joke at least)
Old 2013-10-07, 11:10   Link #1464
uis

Saimoe take a break today because code generator get DDOS and Shinka lost.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2013-10-07, 11:10   Link #1465
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Hmmm sucks that the code generator is having issues still.
Old 2013-10-07, 11:43   Link #1466
ion475
にこにこにー

If there's a thing call "hiding strength", Azuki Azusa certainly did it well.

Quote:
I haven't watched Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko. I also haven't noticed it getting hyped much here on AS, or on other anime sites I frequent.

Is it that popular? Serious question.

Of course, it's not unheard of for a minor series to produce a strong girl or two (Eu in ISML immediately comes to mind), but it is pretty rare. The vast majority of strong girls tend to come from the most popular shows.
In terms of popularity, no, it's not the most popular show in the world.

In terms of moe, it's not like Azuki Azusa was totally weak, she did win her prelim group, even if it's not the strongest prelim group out there...

Speaking of prelim performance, though, maybe Mori-sama was overrated just b/c she finish ahead of Kyouko in her prelim group.

Mokkan win against Arata is expected, the margin is a bit overkill, but after Mokkan killed off TOSHINO KYOUKO, it's not totally unexpected.

For upcoming round (Whenever it'll happen)
C3-2: Pick/Predict: Rikka. Rikka is quite a bit stronger than Mori-sama AFAIK, although it'll be a close one just b/c MadoMagi won't be killed off this easily.
D3-1: Pick/Predict: Ryuuka. Just b/c I simply do not like Kiyosumi's devil.
Old 2013-10-07, 12:19   Link #1467
Subayai

The match was close to being canceled because of the problem with the code generator but then it started working again so the match will take place today. It's still possible that the server crashes again but let's hope not.
Old 2013-10-07, 12:42   Link #1468
scineram

Animesiamoe says the results were suspicious. Was there foul play again or it's just the server acting up? I don't want another cheating scandal.
Old 2013-10-07, 13:07   Link #1469
RJ TAYLER

The old "P*** up in a brewery" springs to mind here.

All in all this tournament is reminding me very much of the "Rozens" versus "Nahona's" clashes of the decade gone by, with "Sakis" and "Magica's" taking their slots and shots. Nice to see upsets au-go-go too, hopefully with legit votes cast and all above board.
Old 2013-10-07, 13:08   Link #1470
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by scineram View Post
Animesiamoe says the results were suspicious. Was there foul play again or it's just the server acting up? I don't want another cheating scandal.
There was a DoS attack against the server for the code generator. It left the code generator inaccessible for a while. This seems to be all. So far, there is no evidence that anyone messed with the results but they are still looking into it.
Old 2013-10-07, 14:15   Link #1471
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I think that's exactly the whole point of sniping. Repechage added a new dimension of complication to this tournament. If you can snipe the girl that defeated your actual target as well, then your target doesn't even have repechage to fall back on, so sniping is not entirely worthless here.
But sniping became much more difficult. Let's say that you use Girl B to snipe Target Girl A in Round 1. Then in Round 2, if you want to snipe Girl B you have to get enough votes to surpass Girl B's fanbase plus Girl A's fanbase. Considering that the targets of sniping are generally strong, "double sniping" becomes a daunting task.

Quote:
Maybe the repechage was implemented because sniping was seen as unfair, but if you get sniped twice in a row like that maybe you just wouldn't be able to win anyway.
I like the repechage system because it balances out the randomness of the draw. However I would have done something completely different: a seeding system. I'd take the girls who won their respective Preliminary Group and put them in different brackets, so that they can only meet each other in the Group Final.

Quote:
And sniping is still completely relevant in the final 16 anyway so...
At the Sweet 16 level it can't be called sniping anymore, since the target's fanbase should be going all out. If the target can't win even when her fans are giving their all then she is just weak.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2013-10-07, 18:15   Link #1472
Team Rocket Elite

Wow. Azusa just demolished Shinka in their match. I'm really surprised Shinka couldn't do anything to Azusa. I'm guessing she's getting boosted or something but it seems like Rikka or Kyouko might have a very tough time next round. Arata hasn't looked that good before and she still doesn't. Even so, Tomoka beat her pretty badly. I guess it really shows that Tomoka beating Kyouko wasn't a fluke.
Old 2013-10-07, 18:43   Link #1473
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Shinka lost? To that degree? One of the bigger surprises yet and a massive blow, if not already a death knell to Chuu2koi's chances of grabbing the crown this year. Or was their faction's chances just a delusion all along? That's what we'll find out next match in a battle of illusions between the delusional Tyrant's Eye and Rosso Fantasma. Lots of fakes in this match too, not to mention a brief screw up by the admins/organizers as mentioned by Subayai.

This Saimoe is proving to be a lot less predictable than the last two incarnations, and that's what makes things more exciting.
(and also dangerous to be complacent in)

I would agree that Azusa is pretty moe herself, though. I see her as being a lot more moe than Shinka too at least...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Speaking of prelim performance, though, maybe Mori-sama was overrated just b/c she finish ahead of Kyouko in her prelim group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Wow. Azusa just demolished Shinka in their match. I'm really surprised Shinka couldn't do anything to Azusa. I'm guessing she's getting boosted or something but it seems like Rikka or Kyouko might have a very tough time next round. Arata hasn't looked that good before and she still doesn't. Even so, Tomoka beat her pretty badly. I guess it really shows that Tomoka beating Kyouko wasn't a fluke.
I'm telling you, no matter how strong Azusa is there's no way she can defeat Shinka so easily just like that. There's only one possible explanation of this, and that's Shinka got sniped. By MadoMagi, no doubt.

Quote:
Edit: Saki Miyanaga should dye her hair blue, and wear blue contacts, to try to con Kyouko voters into voting for her. (Coldlight will probably get this joke at least)
And grow her hair longer. Then I'll join too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
But sniping became much more difficult. Let's say that you use Girl B to snipe Target Girl A in Round 1. Then in Round 2, if you want to snipe Girl B you have to get enough votes to surpass Girl B's fanbase plus Girl A's fanbase. Considering that the targets of sniping are generally strong, "double sniping" becomes a daunting task.
But generally girl B will also be boosted by the girl she knocked out in round 1. It's difficult, but not impossible as has been shown repeatedly so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I like the repechage system because it balances out the randomness of the draw. However I would have done something completely different: a seeding system. I'd take the girls who won their respective Preliminary Group and put them in different brackets, so that they can only meet each other in the Group Final.
Why not do both.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-07, 21:04   Link #1474
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Oh, I remember that...

Quote:
I'm telling you, no matter how strong Azusa is there's no way she can defeat Shinka so easily just like that. There's only one possible explanation of this, and that's Shinka got sniped. By MadoMagi, no doubt.
True, I will not deny the likelihood that Azusa also received some assistance from MadoMagi voters. Shinka's sudden loss in strength is a bit harder to explain, though. It's most probably not a factor, but from a meta point of view, I think it's kind of discouraging for Shinka fans without Sanae around anymore.

As the last hope for Chuu2Koi following Shinka's sudden exit yesterday, I fully expect Rikka to give Kyouko a good run for her money here; the remaining Chuunibyou supporters should be going all in for Rikka now.

Picks:
Kyouko Sakura @ Madoka★Magica
Saki Miyanaga @ -Saki- (provided she pulls off that disguise mentioned by Triple_R )
Old 2013-10-07, 21:28   Link #1475
AP24

Not surprised that Azuki Azusa won because she's one of the most moe characters this year. But I'm surprised that she won easily against Mori Summer. Too bad we won't see Mori Summer vs. Tyrant's Eye. Tomoka also won easily but that was expected.

It doesn't look like the attack against the code generator messed up with the results because I've looked at the graphs that show the progression of the matches and they show Azuki Azusa and Tomoka kept leading the entire time.

My picks are Rikka and Saki. Rikka did slightly better than Kyouko in Round 1 and 2. Saki and Ryuuka seem evenly matched but my pick is Saki. However, Ryuuka is voiced by Kaori Ishihara who also voiced Azuki Azusa.
Old 2013-10-07, 21:48   Link #1476
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Oh, I remember that...

True, I will not deny the likelihood that Azusa also received some assistance from MadoMagi voters. Shinka's sudden loss in strength is a bit harder to explain, though. It's most probably not a factor, but from a meta point of view, I think it's kind of discouraging for Shinka fans without Sanae around anymore.

As the last hope for Chuu2Koi following Shinka's sudden exit yesterday, I fully expect Rikka to give Kyouko a good run for her money here; the remaining Chuunibyou supporters should be going all in for Rikka now.

Picks:
Kyouko Sakura @ Madoka★Magica
Saki Miyanaga @ -Saki- (provided she pulls off that disguise mentioned by Triple_R )
Here you go!

Spoiler for Special Pure Pink Pretty Lovers End:

Kogetsu Shirogane did really nice work on this one. Too bad that the student uniforms are a bit too different to make that look right as well.

Mind you, there's also this old pic...

Spoiler for Puella Magi Nodoka Magica:

Ah... imagine Madoka with big oppai!
Old 2013-10-07, 23:23   Link #1477
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Not surprised that Azuki Azusa won because she's one of the most moe characters this year. But I'm surprised that she won easily against Mori Summer. Too bad we won't see Mori Summer vs. Tyrant's Eye. Tomoka also won easily but that was expected.

It doesn't look like the attack against the code generator messed up with the results because I've looked at the graphs that show the progression of the matches and they show Azuki Azusa and Tomoka kept leading the entire time.
What's really fishy is Shinka's unexplained decrease in voters. I don't think we can rule out the (D)DoS attacks yet.

Can you show us the graphs showing the progression of matches as well as the time of (D)DoS attacks?

... Please?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-10-07, 23:49   Link #1478
Triple_R
*Author

Well, there is a simple possibility. Maybe some voters who voted for Shinka in the second round like Azusa more than her. It could be a case where a significant number of voters have both Shinka and Azusa in their Top 5, or something like that, but Azusa is higher up for them, so Shinka bleeds support going up against Azusa.
Old 2013-10-08, 01:09   Link #1479
scineram

Or simply Shinka was the sniper against one of the strongest army of one.
Old 2013-10-08, 03:22   Link #1480
Subayai

During the match Shinka vs Ika Musume in round 2, Mami, Madoka and Homura voters all gave more support to the Squid Girl than to Shinka. In my opinion, they perceived Shinka as one of the biggest threats to Kyouko and they tried to take her down, but they didn't have the necessary strength at the time.

Then they tried again in round 3. The thing is that, given Shinka's results, it's quite possible that Azusa was the stronger character here and would have won the match on her own. Probably not with over 600 votes, but still won. Thus the combination of the MadoMagi faction supporting the strong character instead of the weak created this large vote difference.

The fact that Azusa's fans were able to hide her true strength until now and let her be perceived as the weak character really helped her. On the contrary, Shinka getting more votes than Kyouko in preliminaries came to haunt her later.
Closed Thread

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament