AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-08-13, 17:42   Link #1201
Psyco Diver

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/ff7-r...me-chocobo/amp

I hate when a author reports their opinions as facts, I loved chocobo and I hope they expand it with more tracks and what not and Joe's back story
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-17, 19:07   Link #1202
n0m@n
C-Z

There is some rumours that either next part of the remake or a completely new game will have Zack and Sephiroth as the main character.

SE recently filed two trademarks "Ever crisis" and "The First Soldier".
Ever Crisis (EC) is speculated to be the new game which will be part of the Compilation of Final Fantasy 7 due to the initial.
Compilation of the Final Fantasy 7:
-Advent Children (AC)
-Before Crisis (BC)
-Crisis Core (CC)
-Dirge of Cerberus (DC)

Ever Crisis would have the initials EC.
And the titles which had the words "Crisis" in the title had Shinra is the focus. Before Crisis focused on the Turks while Crisis Core had Zack, a Soldier, as the focus. So "Ever Crisis" is speculated to be related to the Shinra.

There's also the other "The First Soldier" trademark which was filed.
Old 2021-01-18, 00:25   Link #1203
The Green One

Ehhhh I think I'll wait for more information. There's just way too many rumors and outright lies about this series.
Old 2021-01-26, 20:19   Link #1204
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wouldn't be surprised. They put a lot of resources into this and making spinoff games or outright parts of the FF7 sequel story that focus heavily on Zack or Sephiroth makes sense. All the more so with the trademarks they've gotten.

No way to tell until games are made and come out of course. Even official information isn't always trustworthy.

But it seems possible. Making spinoffs or changing the main perspective character gives the writing staff a fair degree of freedom to go wherever they want.
Old 2021-02-25, 20:48   Link #1205
Twi

So FF7 Ever Crisis is basically a remaster of the original for mobile and Intergrade is the interequel to the remake featuring Yuffie and... was that Deepground?
Old 2021-02-25, 21:22   Link #1206
Marina2

I haven't gotten a chance to play this remake yet.......Is it true that it is not actually a remake?
Old 2021-02-25, 21:35   Link #1207
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I haven't gotten a chance to play this remake yet.......Is it true that it is not actually a remake?
It's been almost a year. How have you not been spoiled?
Old 2021-02-25, 22:11   Link #1208
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
So FF7 Ever Crisis is basically a remaster of the original for mobile and Intergrade is the interequel to the remake featuring Yuffie and... was that Deepground?
Yes, that blue lining uniform and Weiss in the end of trailer.
Hopefully Weiss became a proper character now as SE pretty much throw the towel to gave him character development in favor of other Tsviets in Dirge

I guess with this they intended to split the team into two from start, Cloud's team and Vincent's (Cait Sith, Yuffie, Vincent).

Last edited by Tactics; 2021-02-25 at 22:36.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 02:14   Link #1209
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well a Yuffie game centering around Wutai's war with Midgar would certainly be interesting to flesh out the lore.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 02:57   Link #1210
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Yes, that blue lining uniform and Weiss in the end of trailer.
Hopefully Weiss became a proper character now as SE pretty much throw the towel to gave him character development in favor of other Tsviets in Dirge

I guess with this they intended to split the team into two from start, Cloud's team and Vincent's (Cait Sith, Yuffie, Vincent).
That's a silly idea, considering Cid still exists even if you don't count Aerith. It won't nicely fit into sets of 3 either way.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 03:05   Link #1211
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually Yuffie being in Midgar all but confirms the ending of FF7R, since there is no reason to believe that she was in Midgar at the time the that Cloud was there before they all left.

Thus...

Spoiler for FF7R spoilers:
Old 2021-02-26, 03:10   Link #1212
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Pretty much true. Now it is best for you to play it for yourself because describing what 7R actually is involves spoilers regardless how it is done so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Actually Yuffie being in Midgar all but confirms the ending of FF7R, since there is no reason to believe that she was in Midgar at the time the that Cloud was there before they all left.

Thus...

Spoiler for FF7R spoilers:
I don't see how both points correlate at all. That's like saying your spoilers had to happen because Cloud has to be the one selected by Corneo in R. Change A doesn't mean a change B is confirmed while they are completely unrelated. In fact, most changes in R could happen regardless of your spoilers since the latter happened way after the former.
At this point, we have no choices but to wait for the sequel.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-02-26 at 04:38.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 04:52   Link #1213
The Green One

One problem with that theory........

Spoiler for Thought:
Old 2021-02-26, 05:02   Link #1214
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Pretty much true. Now it is best for you to play it for yourself because describing what 7R actually is involves spoilers regardless how it is done so yeah.

I don't see how both points correlate at all. That's like saying your spoilers had to happen because Cloud has to be the one selected by Corneo in R. Change A doesn't mean a change B is confirmed while they are completely unrelated. In fact, most changes in R could happen regardless of your spoilers since the latter happened way after the former.
At this point, we have no choices but to wait for the sequel.
My point being that the ending, at the time of the Remake's release, didn't particularly convince most in its allusion to how the cast and the story supposedly broke free of the original's storyline and opened the doors for greater freedom to modify the story in the succeeding games. Aside from the character I mentioned, it wasn't particularly clear if major changes were possible if at all, as most of the changes within the game didn't technically "change" the overall story until that sense of "breaking free" near the end, which itself many people didn't see as conclusive evidence that the games from here on out would be capable of deviating from the source material.

However by possibly modifying Yuffie's background as being present and active in Midgar, this in itself is a major change in the story line, so in a way this confirms that they indeed will commit to major changes. Now of course his survival obviously isn't confirmed, but this increases the chance that he does.
Old 2021-02-26, 06:35   Link #1215
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That's a silly idea, considering Cid still exists even if you don't count Aerith. It won't nicely fit into sets of 3 either way.
Uhh, no?

If anything doing so would be nod to how "main party" in Dirge of Cerberus are Vincent, Yuffie and Cait Sith;
In said game, Vincent prefer to deal with Deepground by himself, but Yuffie is Yuffie and Cait Sith is his weapon dealer so those two are going with him until the end.

The way I see it is by having Deepground involved, we probably will get party split depends on how Vincent treated.

I recall in one of interviews that Vincent and Yuffie canon status is one of writing challenge in Remake because we can skip them in original game and its not like we lose important details by not having them joined Cloud; having them as separate party would help the narrative as those three technically less into saving the planet, more into cleaning up the mess.
Old 2021-02-26, 07:07   Link #1216
The Green One

But then the cries about MUH PRECIOUS CANNON begin!
Old 2021-02-26, 09:43   Link #1217
Dextro
He Without a Title

In other news FF VII R is a PS plus game for March. The game is also getting a free upgrade to the PS5. However, somehow, the PS plus version is not eligible for the upgrade apparently.

Also: the new episode is PS5 only. It won't be released for the PS4.
Old 2021-02-26, 11:00   Link #1218
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
But then the cries about MUH PRECIOUS CANNON begin!
Too late, they already like that since Compilation.

Hell, even the most well-written Compilation that is Crisis Core have its own haters with some of it voicing they didn't like how Crisis Core "humanized" Sephiroth and/or making Cloud looks like a dork because "it doesn't make sense to OG"

Old 2021-02-26, 19:49   Link #1219
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Also: the new episode is PS5 only. It won't be released for the PS4.
By new episode do you mean the Yuffie DLC or Remake 2? Because the latter was a given. As for the DLC, given that it will be released as early as June, the hardest part of the game will be to find a console to play it on.

And about Yuffie being in Midgar, does that really contradict the original? You find her in a forest very far away from Wutai, who's to say she wasn't on her way back from Midgar?
Old 2021-02-26, 20:45   Link #1220
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And about Yuffie being in Midgar, does that really contradict the original? You find her in a forest very far away from Wutai, who's to say she wasn't on her way back from Midgar?
Well, IIRC in OG, she only introduced herself as materia hunter.

We learned about her connection with Wutai through some implication (e.g. telling Barret its his own fault for trusting Shinra before he lose his arm); thanks to Yuffie nature as hidden character we can skip Wutai, so its not that important to the bigger picture. Pretty safe to make her visit Midgar. IMO.

Its by Before Crisis and Crisis Core they gave reason to "why Yuffie is on forest near Midgar".
The reason is she intended to steal materia from Shinra cargo after all the trials and error she experienced with Turks MC and young Zack.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg