Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-08-17, 04:01   Link #81
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But that's what her character wants. Saying she doesn't need to do it is like saying that Superman doesn't need to save people in need in front of him. Sure, the writer can write it that way but it won't be true to the character. Proving that she can be independent & get things done to her mom has always been Yukino's goal. Sooner or later, Yukino will have to confront her mother in a situation like this. And sooner or later, 8-man also have to decide how to act his feelings towards Yukino even if she "reject him" in a way. So, this prom is actually a good event to develop their characters.
The point with Yukino is that she had almost no character development at all. She opened up to people a bit, yeah, but that's about it.
Other than that, you might as well remove her from the story and still get a decent result with just Iroha and Yui being around.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-17, 05:22   Link #82
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The point with Yukino is that she had almost no character development at all. She opened up to people a bit, yeah, but that's about it.
Other than that, you might as well remove her from the story and still get a decent result with just Iroha and Yui being around.
Eh, If you rewatch Yukino from the early episodes of Oregairu and compare it to this one, you can see that she has come a long way. Character development doesn't have to be drasticly different from where the character started. It can be little but keep it going, constant & on-point, not just for the sake of it (which is the opposite of anime like Ranma/Inuyasha. Those shows need faster & more drastic development).
Old 2020-08-17, 21:43   Link #83
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I just saw how horribly my attention must have drifted away from the actual second paragraph... it's of course "Funnily enough, picking Yukino is pretty much the same as his jokes about marring Shizuka in the first season, should she take care of him financially."
it was rather clear early on that Yui's half hearted attempts guaranteed an Yukinon ending.

my memory is a bit too hazy to remember that Shizuka joke but that very much a thing he'd say.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-18, 04:36   Link #84
kuudererules

BD/DVD Vol.1 jacket cover by illustrator Ponkan8

Images
Yukino in prom?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-20, 16:07   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was pretty funny and mostly drama-free, which makes it one of the best episode of the season. Hachiman was in top shape. This episode made me realize it's his interactions with Yukino and Yui that have become dull (particularly Yukino), with anyone else he's fun.
Old 2020-08-20, 20:20   Link #86
Psyco Diver

So rap battle, yep I want expecting that. That said Yui is best girl
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-20, 21:10   Link #87
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it see Hachiman start a raping out of nowhere but that other guy really dropped some mad rhymes
Old 2020-08-20, 22:04   Link #88
Wandering Soul

Meme hands man delivered on the fun I was expecting. This was easily the most fun episode of the season.

Hachiman described Iroha to a T when he was talking to the gaming club.
Old 2020-08-20, 23:23   Link #89
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

8-man is the one man to have beaten Bane in freestyle.
Old 2020-08-21, 01:23   Link #90
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This episode was pretty funny and mostly drama-free, which makes it one of the best episode of the season. Hachiman was in top shape. This episode made me realize it's his interactions with Yukino and Yui that have become dull (particularly Yukino), with anyone else he's fun.
I think that says something more about Hachiman than it does about Yukino and Yui.

It's clear that his head is more clear when the problem is not about himself or his own circle.

And what happened to Yukino and Yui between now and the first season? They grew close enough that they're now a part of him.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-21, 07:21   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The rap battle was awesome. They should do a cross over with Kaguya so they can know the terror that is President Shirogane.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-22, 10:14   Link #92
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The rap-battle is indeed awesome but I'm still somewhat puzzled whether it's supposed to really happen or just symbolic of 8-man's argument with Handwave-man . But damn this episode is enjoyable.

Quote:
This episode was pretty funny and mostly drama-free, which makes it one of the best episode of the season. Hachiman was in top shape.
Oregairu has always been a dramatic show. The premise alone promise you a drama whenever 8-man have to solve a case .

Quote:
This episode made me realize it's his interactions with Yukino and Yui that have become dull (particularly Yukino), with anyone else he's fun.
It's actually the opposite for me. 8-man's interaction with Yuki is the most interesting because just from listening on their tone of voice (especially Yukino's), you can feel the most warmth & fun coming from Yukinon when talking to 8-man on that bench scene compared to their previous idle talks. The funny topic of their convo is the icing on the cake.

Meanwhile, 8-man interaction with others are always fun. It's part of the premise & part of his character. Speaking of others, this episode sure have cemented how much the Ex-girl & Handwave-man have become a pair of clowns on discussion table, almost on the level of Jesse & James .
Old 2020-08-23, 16:09   Link #93
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Honestly... When I saw Yui making a video of the rap battle, the first thing that occured to me was that her "move" would be blackmailing Hachiman into the relationship.

In any event, the moment Yui took her phone out, I could see Hachiman rue it later.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-25, 19:10   Link #94
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The rap battle was awesome. They should do a cross over with Kaguya so they can know the terror that is President Shirogane.
Zeroxseed's crossover between Kaguya-sama and Oregairu is top notch as an example.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 17:12   Link #95
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Haruno really oversold her mother. Haruno herself is a lot harder to deal with, her mother's personality is actually closer to Yukino's, I'd say. Hachiman said he never wanted to see her again (tough luck), but she left a pretty good impression on me. It was never personal for her, she just did it on behalf of the other parents. She's actually really reasonable.
Old 2020-08-27, 18:02   Link #96
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Don't forget that Hachiman had to guilt trip her. If it wasn't for that incident, it is very likely Hachiman would have had way more trouble to parley with her regarding the prom.
I would say she is fairly harder to deal with than Haruno on even footing, whereas the latter actually listen at times even if she has her usual sarcastic/passive agressive stance. Pretty much the reason why Hachiman immediately stated he'd rather not meet their mom ever again, which is much more clear cut compared to his first interactions with Haruno.
Old 2020-08-27, 18:44   Link #97
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

We are going to get more Yui rejection aren't we? I am not surprised at this rate.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 20:13   Link #98
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
We are going to get more Yui rejection aren't we? I am not surprised at this rate.
That's pretty much been just about all of Yui's scenes up till now.
Old 2020-08-27, 20:47   Link #99
Psyco Diver

As much as I want Yui to win, but Yukino giving it away to Yui pretty much sealed the deal for Yukino to win in the end. Nothing against Yukino but her and 8-man together would be a rather dull sarcastic couple where Yui would be a nice contrast to Hachiman's personality.
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-27, 20:55   Link #100
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is some card Hachiman pulled out there